Gwen H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Couldn't Work as Affectively without It!

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Our overall experience with Ascentis has been amazing. We always get the support we need and feel very confident with the software.

Pros

Very easy to use, and user-friendly... we are constantly training new Managers, etc., and everyone seems to understand the system quickly. Provides HR with a consistent, reliable system to work with. Employees appreciate having everything in "one place" (personal info., payroll, benefits, etc.).

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about this software. They have been going through upgrades for quite some time, and actually, listen to customer suggestions. They provide very clear training on the system changes and are more than willing to assist with questions, etc.

Ashley J.

Good experience, has made my work load easier to handle and saved a lot of time.

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

I think this product is great. Our company is uniquely structure and has difficulty with systems fitting our needs. Ascentis gives us control to customize the system to how we need it, the only draw back is understanding the details on how things flow and what changes effect other areas.

Pros

The best part about Ascentis is the versatility and customization. Everything flows together so it cuts down on duplicate work. The reporting is great and I like how we can basically create any report we need.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to determine what flows to what and how certain things / changes effect other parts of the system. Can be complicated to figure out. Deadlines for Quarterly and annual filings are hard to meet.

Philip D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great System to Utilize

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

Pros

- Splendid performance and options for human capital management
- Offers great educational/professional development options

Cons

- It runs a little slow sometimes but always runs

Mark W.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Employee self-service solution works OK but has room to improve

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

All of your employee self-service options, from paycheck and W4 integration to benefits selection are integrated into one self-service solution.

Cons

Timecard and payroll are not integrated directly, thus we must work directly with third parties, which can create problems if there is a problem with payroll.

Dipika R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My experience with Ascentis HR has been one of ease. It is an intuitive software.

Reviewed on 12/9/2017

Pros

Simple and easy to understand interface
It is very intuitive
Has many usable and functional modules

Cons

Maybe add more modules to help on other areas apart from collecting compensation details
Make section for performance reviews within it

Sharie H.

Ascentis is a great product!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

Pros

Great customer service and the product is very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Lack of training classes - it's all online videos.

Patricia W.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Survey Review

Reviewed on 13/4/2015

Survey Review

Pros

The ease of use; simplicity for employees to understand; timeliness of change submissions

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, calculations are very accurate.

Chris C.

Good for small businesses

Reviewed on 13/2/2018

Pros

This product was easy to use and the interface was easy. You can customize a lot of the features you want.

Cons

As your organization grows you will need to put in more work updating a lot of records (as a lot of the software out there)

Chalice W.
  • Industry: Human Resources

As an employee, this is great

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

I don't really like the color scheme, so if they ever gave the option to switch to a different color I would take it. That is not a complaint or a problem.

Pros

It's very easy to punch in/out using this system. When I forget to punch, or there's any issue, it's simple to put in a request to my supervisor.

Cons

It took a while to get used to the format, but I am starting to find it enjoyable and easy to use. Beats filling out the antiquated print-outs of time cards and remembering to get them to my boss.

Kristy H.

Reviewed on 21/1/2013

We brought payroll in-house after outsourcing it for over 15 years. We were tired of having vendors add ridculous fees and for stifling our ability to make back-end changes. In addition, they made numerous mistakes in processing taxes and garnishments.

The choice to go with Ascentis was made in large part because of the incredible ability to customize it. The setup of the system (employee records, reporting, back-end) is very logical and easy to navigate.

The implementation was fantastic, and who ever says that about changing payroll systems? Our Implementation Manager, Elissa, was extremely knowledgeable, not only about Ascentis, but payroll processes in general. She was incredibly fast at responding to questions and to implementing all the data as it came in. She provided us with an action timeline outline who was responsible for each part along the way. We had our implementation complete and parallel payrolls processed AHEAD of time!!

So far we have loved the ability to run off-cycle checks, and payroll has processed without a hitch. The off-cycle paychecks alone have saved us thousands in fees we would have normally paid. We also implemented Employee Self Service for the first time and my employees love having access to all their pay information online. The few times we've needed to access the customer support team they have been incredibly responsive.

I would highly recommend Ascentis to anyone!!

Margaret S.

We switched from an old-fashioned punch clock to this software a couple of years ago

Reviewed on 7/9/2017

Pros

It is a vast improvement to our old system and we are generally pleased.
Multiple areas to personalize the system and classify the employees (ability to assign departments, etc.)

Nicole S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Ascentis Review

Reviewed on 12/6/2017

Pros

The easy of use is great. The implementation team is fantastic! Our company experience has been great. We transitioned to several modules that included: HR, Payroll, Time, Recruiting/Onboarding, Performance Management and Learning. Each team lead has been responsive and has provided great support and education thru the process. Support members are extremely knowledgeable and timely.

Cons

Only concern could be working with several other systems vs. single system. We view this as both a pro and con, but the pros out weigh the con's, without a doubt.

Gina T.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Clean interface but a bit pricey

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly with a clean interface and rarely any glitches or slow downs.

Cons

Definitely proven to be a slight bit more costly than others and the customer service team is pretty slow to respond.

Donna M.

starting out

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Our first week using, we've had a few things that needed fixed. Par for the course for anything new. Hope we grow to love it. It's our first HR software.

Pros

Adjusting to this new software, all first-time users. Getting used to the format and all it has to offer.

Cons

Some employees are asking HR to check with Ascentis to see if an app is available for mobile users. Hope so!

Lane S.

Ascentis Cloud based Employee management

Reviewed on 31/7/2015

Pros

Its wide area of influence and the ability to integrate HR with Payroll.

Cons

There were a few upgrades that I thought were part of the package.

Chris S.

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Omikka C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Performance Management

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Pros

My light in to this software was one of the very first things I received as a new hire. Helps keep me on track, as far as work performance goes.

Cons

Everything is pretty simple so far. Very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Kyle K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ascentis fills a niche that has a vacuum but is not complete

Reviewed on 22/1/2018

What took it over the top with poor satisfaction is that they tried to be good partners but as of late they just throw in the towel and want money.

Pros

Ascentis does the benefits, applicants and other HR functions on a basic level. Let me stress basic level.

Cons

If you want any integrations or some of the complexities when have beyond 100 employees, would suggest not utilizing Ascentis. Coupled with the added burden of the 1095-c and the need to manually update various records because Ascentis has software issues, it is disappointing.

Laura J.
  • Industry: Libraries

Ascentis

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

Pros

I like that this software has a function that you can view everything at once. You can see your time offs and you current clock in on the same screen. It is relativity easy to use and it has book keeping function that allow pay checks to be issued easier than other software.

Cons

That is sometimes have different leave amounts on the different screens without telling you why.

Anita S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Overall quite pleased with Ascentis

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

I really do like the Ascentis system and would highly recommend it because it offers a lot of functionality and great value for a mid size employer. Many similar systems are often priced significantly higher or out of reach.

Pros

The Ascentis payroll and HR systems offer a lot of functionality and value for the money. Their customer service is very good. It's a very good system for a mid size employer group.

Cons

It is not a single sign on system and the HR changes don't automatically update in Payroll. Once changes are made in HR you have to go in to Payroll and individually approve the changes. While it is a good feature as a last step to double check your changes, it can also be time consuming depending upon the amount of changes to be approved. Also, it is easy to forget to update the change in Payroll if you get busy or distracted.

Karen C.

Ascentis is the best!

Reviewed on 16/4/2014

Pros

One of the things that I was looking for was an HR system that would link to the Payroll system so I wouldn’t have to do dual entries. This system provided that for me. The other tabs we have added on the HR side is Education (degrees held) and Salary survey information, so this has come in handy for requests that come up. It also makes it much easier for the EEOC reporting along with the Worker’s Compensation reports because data can be entered there too.

The Employee Self-Service tool through Ascentis is very clean and uncluttered compared to other systems. I had another vendor do a presentation for me, and the screen itself looked way too overwhelming. I didn’t want to make it too difficult to use for both the managers and the employees. Since we have rolled out the Self-Service tool, my employees love it! They are so excited about the features and how much they can access for their own screens. In fact, we used the Open Enrollment feature so that the employees could go into this system to make changes for the upcoming year. The employees can also access their W-2 forms at any time during the year.

I like everything: HR, Payroll, Timekeeping, Carrier Connect, and the Employee Self-Service tool.

Cons

There is nothing that I would change about Ascentis.

Nicole S.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Pros

This software was very user friendly for employees and myself. The layout was not confusing over overbearing.

Cons

I did not have any cons with this software.

Haley S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great program for timekeeping

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

Pros

I have always been pleased with Ascentis for timekeeping. I know exactly how to use the features and have kept my hours tracked through this software.

Cons

I haven't had any problems until this point! We only use Ascentis to keep track of hours worked and it works well

Phil D.

Everything and the Kitchen Sink

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Pros

- Tons of resources
- All the functionality one could likely ever ask for
- Beautiful interface
- Works quickly and rarely has hiccups

Cons

- Will make it hard to ever leave their ecosystem because it works so well.
- A bit more costly than others but certainly still a great value

Amy S.

Ascentis it's ok...

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Pros

I like that it is easy to navigate and search in

Cons

The functionality is a little lax and slow. Not easy to build reports and upload and search of files and the support is sub par at best on the customer service side