Microsoft Excel Reviews

Microsoft Excel

4.8 (18,948)
Write a Review!
Spreadsheet software for formatting and analysis.

(18,948)
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

Josh
Josh
  • Industry: Design

Comes on many computers and is Fantastic especially if included.

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

I have used Excel for over 20 years and I have not even scratched the surface of what can be done with it. It can do so many things when you need to make calculations, spreadsheets or do something with accounting. I love it and really for me a numbers guy I think it is fun.

Pros

It is so versatile. I use it instead of Calculator as I can easily see what I am calculating. I have made a simple payroll system with it and have used it for many weekly tax calculations. Calculating using fields from other pages is fantastic. Really anything you need to do with accounting can be done with it.

Cons

Two things if you don't have it free with your computer then you have to buy it and it can be kind of expensive and if you want to be able to collaborate and make on the fly changes with others then you need office 365 and you have to pay monthly you can never own it.

LibreOffice and Google Sheets

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Excel

While LibreOffice is the best option for free and that is a software for your computer, my wife ended up getting Microsoft office 365 free from work because of remote work so this is the main reason I have gone to excel as it is a little better and I didn't have to pay for it.

LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

I do still use google sheets for mine and my wife's budget and we can change it on the fly at the same time if we need online. I used LibreOffice as my main until I got Office 365 from my wife's work. I think Excel is better than the other two in sheer offline and spreadsheet features but not sure I would pay more than about $50 for office 2019 and don't like paying monthly for 365.
Nicholas
Nicholas

The Go-To is still the most capable

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

I enjoy using and learning more about Excel. There are so many ways in which to use it that no review can truly capture the breadth and depth of its capability. When it is frustrating it is because of an inability of process or lack of me as a user being able to achieve what i know to be possible and thus I approach it as a puzzle to be unpacked.

Pros

Excel is a versatile spreadsheet application that continues to benefit from its age, the weight and momentum behind it, and the continued focus on it as core Office app. The variety of applications of this application are what continue make it a winner.

Cons

Stemming from the same positive attributes of its age and flexibility are the downsides to its age and flexibility - its overlapping years of feature additions and subtractions to the building more on top of pre-existing structures mean that somethings need to be unpacked in order to work how you'd like them too and the robustness of the product can be daunting. Knowing that you'll never know ALL that it is capable of and that the best way to achieve anything is to picture it and then hunker down for an evening of searching and learning.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

The familiarity of administration and staff in using Excel and the ease of interaction with other organizations sealed the deal.
Fujie
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Super easy way to manage your data

Reviewed on 17/6/2024

Overall excel help me so much to complete my job.

Overall excel help me so much to complete my job.

Pros

I could express what i want to find with all of the formulas i can use. Especially "IFs" function, where you can find logical value with a lot of criteria. I love it!, it help me so much

Cons

Some times when complex formula applied between worksheet, it says inconsistencies formula.

Loide
  • Industry: Military

My review on Microsoft Excel

Reviewed on 2/6/2021

The principal project that I truly scholarly a great deal about Excel in was building an accounting page to track and plan my course enrollments with as a rookie in school. I needed to figure my aggregate GPA and GPA by term, and I needed to design the entirety of the courses I would take every semester from my first semester in school to my final remaining one. By that point I realized how to utilize rotate tables and some other information decrease recipes, yet I didn't actually have a clue how to utilize query works yet. I assembled a large portion of that bookkeeping page around a capacity to naturally ascertain letter grades dependent on rates, and afterward essential SUM capacities for the GPA computations.

The subsequent case was for designing and cleaning a humungous fix of information in my last semester of school. 32 cycle Excel wasn't made for the errand I was utilizing it for around there, however it worked effectively with some content cleanup that I would not like to figure out how to do utilizing standard articulations somewhere else.

This experience was and stays educational for me. I learned more a long time of doing those undertakings than my companions who took classes to learn Excel.

Pros

Colossal degree as Excel has mathematical and literary capacities; you can add hyperlinks and pictures thus significantly more. Numerous sheets can assist it with acting practically like a social information base when joined with separating and arranging capacities. Mistake catching should be possible utilizing.

Cons

The one fundamental hindrance of the extent of MS Excel is that an excessive number of individuals are self trained and the manner in which they have made the accounting page is undocumented so over the long run individuals attempt to alter and present mistakes. Naming cells makes formulae more significant and simpler to fathom. I once attempted to figure out an accounting page individuals had been utilizing for a very long time and found there was an entire section of qualities incorrectly being remembered for an equation. Somebody had been advised to erase a section however they had quite recently concealed it from see so every one of the qualities were all the while being included messing genuine up. Knowing the contrast between concealing qualities and erasing them is quite major.

David
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good features but at a cost

Reviewed on 13/4/2024

It's been fine. It's included in my operating software though.

It's been fine. It's included in my operating software though.

Pros

Lots of features that aren't available on Google sheets. Exporting and importing never seem to have any issues.

Cons

The price. Google sheets is free and has almost as much features and more people that use it to collaborate with

Don
  • Industry: Restaurants

Microsoft excel

Reviewed on 20/6/2024

Pros

As someone who usually works with data, I find Excel's data analysis tools incredibly robust and reliable. I like being able to use pivot tables for summarizing large datasets, and visualize trends with various chart types.

Cons

Sometimes have issues with formulas and could be a little easier to use.

Rashad
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The Gold standard

It’s wonderful. I use it at work and at home on a continuous

It’s wonderful. I use it at work and at home on a continuous

Pros

The ability to use and customize it limitless ways. You can tailor the cells to exactly what you need and the ability to search / cross reference is invaluable.

Cons

I don’t have any glaring issues with excel save for the occasional compatibility hiccup.

Flamur
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The first and best calculation sheet and information the board device"

Reviewed on 9/5/2024

Pros

Introducing, investigating, and giving an account of informational collections, utilizing turn tables, and showing information graphically. It's fundamental for our business, nothing else comes close

Cons

Once in a while I might want to see more diagram choices, however it truly covers most bases

ADRIANO

The best for Spreadsheets

Reviewed on 20/6/2024

So far, overall experience has been great. I've tried using other softwares but I've always returned to using Excel.

Pros

Once you get used to it, you cannot live without it. It's quick and easy.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike, in my point of view. It's the best software for spreadsheets.

Roger
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Awesome software dealing with data

Reviewed on 19/6/2024

Pros

You can create as many sheets as you want, so you can combine many kind of data in the same file with different purpose/ period.

Cons

Some of the functions you could also use word instead, but if you have much data to deal with, then go excel is better.

Ajit Johnson
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excel: The Best Way to Organize Your Data

Reviewed on 19/6/2022

I have had a positive experience with Microsoft Excel. It is a powerful tool that has helped me to be more efficient and organized in my work. I have used it to create spreadsheets, track data, and perform various calculations. It is user-friendly and has multiple features that make it a valuable tool for anyone who needs to work with a small amount of data.

Pros

I use Excel almost on a daily basis. I like many things about it, but some of my favorite features are the ability to quickly create charts and graphs and the ability to perform quick calculations. I also like the fact that Excel is very user-friendly and with advanced features that are easy to learn.

Cons

Sometimes the auto-formatting can be disadvantageous, for example in my case it auto-formats "Gene Names" into dates.

Numbers

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Firstly, Excel is a very popular software program and is used by many businesses and individuals (The large user base has made every task one google away). Secondly, Excel is relatively easy to use and has a lot of features and functionality. Finally, Excel is often bundled with other Microsoft Office products, so it may be a more cost-effective option for some users.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Microsoft Excel - Spreadsheet software for formatting and analysis

Reviewed on 5/1/2024

I appreciate utilizing and becoming familiar with Excel. There are several ways of utilizing it and making it personal for your work. It is extremely practical for data management and is extremely easy to use all functions and features.

Pros

It is so flexible to use. Rather than using Adding machine, I can undoubtedly see what I'm computing. It encompasses all of my finance framework and it is involved in my weekly computations. Ascertaining utilizing fields from different pages is excellent and effortless to use. Any work concerning bookkeeping, organization, and computations can be feasible by using Microsoft Excel.

Cons

Firstly, it doesn't come free with your PC. Therefore, you would likely need to purchase it, and it may be somewhat costly for some individuals. However, you may pay it monthly, which can be more sufficient and affordable for those who aren't willing to pay the full yearly cost upfront.
While LibreOffice may be a more ideal choice for a PC, Microsoft office 365 offers other services that are easier to work with, especially for users who aren't as knowledgeable about computers or technology as a whole. However, Google Docs/Excel is free and also very easy to use.
Although other platforms offer similar services, Office 365 (Excel) is an ideal choice for personal work.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Excel is a bookkeeping sheet program for business. It's utilized for information passage and the board, diagrams and charts, and venture the executives. You can design, arrange, picture, and work out information with this device.

Excel does the job just perfect!

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Handling the day today tasks has become very much easy for me. Why wouldn't it be? With Microsoft Excel hours of my day can be saved and yet the tasks could be done with utmost efficiency and asolutely accurate.

Pros

The industry standard spreadsheet Excel has made my life much easier. I use Excel at least 3 times a day. From organising my daily schedule, budgets, calorie charts to fulfill my academic errands of simple and complex arithmetic functions.
Excel has proved to be user friendly and is being constantly updated. The versatile functionalities of Excel has simplified even the complex tricky day today tasks. I find it very convenient that the information can be represented graphically, especially when being shared. The filter system in which information can be filtered using numerals, keywords comes very much handy during quick reference. The suggestions with keywords has simplified the use of Excel further and I found myself using it more often - not to mention the accuracy.
Excel can be installed in to your PCs, mac and even your android phones.
My life has become much easier with Microsoft Excel and I love it!

Cons

As much as Excel simplifies complex tasks, understanding certain complex functionalites of Excel is a great challenge.
I've messed up big time when it comes to dragging formulas over to a set of data or when copy pasting.
Further printing a spread sheet is very difficult, considering that the cell alignments and margins has to be repeatedly adjusted.
Sharing large Excel files is a challenge, which seems to be a drawback .
Excel should be modified as to being able to reset the password of protected files ; the lack of which is extremely inconvenient.

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excel - Make Yourself at Home with Data

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

Microsoft Excel is a daily driver for me. I am constantly working in Excel to either prep data for another program such as Microsoft Power BI, or I am working with and looking at different data reports in the software. I highly recommend Excel as it is far above the competition.

Pros

The best thing about Excel is you can do so many things with the software. You can easily customize your data and create visuals to share your data's story. The ability to customize and make dynamic reports is great and if you need to really use some power features Excel lets you do that as well. Simply utilizing Power Query opens up a new environment and features to work with your data model. Still can't accomplish what you need then you can use some VBA to get the task done. The best part of Excel is that you can do so many things with the software and you would be hard pressed to find something that Excel doesn't do well. Excel also incorporates into other software and platforms, such as Power BI, really well.

Cons

One of the cons of excel is that there are really several different coding types you need to learn or at least be familiar with. If you want to do basic things you won't have any problems if you aren't well versed in Excel. However, to really get the job done you need to know all about how to write and structure formulas. If you need to get into the really advanced features you need to know DAX if you are in the Power Query editor, on top of that you need to know VBA if you want to accomplish customized tasks in the VBA window, and then there even macros. So, the worst part of excel is that it isn't uniform in that you need to know multiple coding languages if you want to use many of the advanced features Excel offers.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Often Underappreciated Beyond Offices

Reviewed on 21/6/2019

Overall, I think the learning curve on Excel makes many people hesitant to try it unless they see it as necessary for their profession. However, the basics of Excel really doesn't have much of a learning curve. The advanced stuff, yes has a learning curve (though not too bad), but the basics are pretty quick and easy to pick up.

Pros

I use Excel regularly - sometimes for its intended functions like calculations and personal business organization, as well as sometimes just an easy way to keep track of things visually by assigning it different colors and locations. Many of my calculations are quick-and-easy numbers where it's easier to make a quick plot on excel than type everything out on a calculator. Other times I've made very extensive sheets to organize a lot of data and perform calculations for special projects.

I find Excel useful for organizing and presenting data. There is a learning curve to understanding how to program it to perform different functions and calculations, but once you've gotten the hang of it then it is pretty easy to set things up to perform live calculations as you adjust your data. More advanced features include getting cells to change color based on the numbers or letters appearing in either that cell or others. Since I'm a very visual person, color coding is very helpful for me. And of course it is easy to convert your data into charts and graphs.

Cons

When you type a formula incorrectly, excel's error messages aren't always very helpful in understanding what the error is. There is no way to exit out of the cell containing the error without either fixing it or deleting all the text inside and starting over later after you've figured out what you did wrong the first time.

Creating graphs and charts isn't always as intuitive as it could be. Sometimes I've had to struggle a bit to get the data I want to appear along the axis I want in the correct intervals. It would also be nice if the chart would automatically adopt whatever color coding I used in the data cells so that I wouldn't have to manually modify the default colors.

For some of the more advanced functions, the editor can get very clunky. For instance, I did a sheet once where I had it return a different string of text for whichever number in a range was entered. This quickly became a very unwieldy mass of code in a single cell that was difficult to edit in the small text box and caused some lag in the program.

It's also annoying that when using search, I am limited to searching one sheet at a time instead of the whole workbook. I'd like to see more options to customize the location and parameters of my search.

Erika
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Excel Review

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

This program is great for making budgets, payroll, forecasts, reports, statements, calculators, inventory programs, but it is also a great tool for graphically displaying the research part of a thesis. Using functions and formulas, it also enables you to perform financial calculations and mathematical tasks. A particular company can solve its organizational and operational problems wit Excel, too. The time spent on a task can be greatly reduced by the program.
Excel is excellent for both private, professional and business use, too. Very good. I can only recommend it to everyone!

Pros

The software is well-designed, accurate, precize and transparent. It is easy to manage and offers new opportunities all the time. It is doing its job very well. The application is very useful for me, I use it daily on both PC and Android device. Thanks to OneDrive, where I stop working on one device, I can continue on the other. I can easily work with it anywhere! That's great! It does its job on both Windows and Android. The modern version of Excel with its new built-in tools helps me get more out of my data. Available in all languages. Turn data into useful information. In spreadsheets, Excel is the best solution if you want to record a small amount of data in a variety of ways and look for relationships between them.
Even if you are unfamiliar with using database programs, Excel modules, formulas allow you to create complete databases, join multiple spreadsheets - even to a professional level for a statement, calculation task, and so on. Excel also benefits data miners because Pivot tables are very easy to handle and the Power Pivot module helps them a lot. And Power BI is deeply integrated with Excel, making direct publishing possible. The Help Center is very good, you can work with it step by step. Anyone can become a professional user of Excel with it (like me). I can only recommend.

Cons

Occasionally stops for a few seconds during editing. Many times it does not paste the formulas properly and moves the pasted text elsewhere. Sometimes it can process a 5-page document in 20 minutes. When you open a large file, it removes or does not display the entered formulas. Many times it freezes or crashes during the workflow of large files. Sometimes Excel opens in a different language and I always have to switch to my native language afterwards. Fonts are often confused. Excel cannot open two documents of the same name.

Ravinder
Ravinder
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Powerful tool for data visualization, analysis, calculation and presentations

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

We use Microsoft Excel to maintain large data set, perform calculations and data visualization across each department. We also use the excel spreadsheet as a client deliverable format as it is present, graphs and charts are easy to digest and allow easy modification at both ends.

Pros

Microsoft Excel spreadsheet is the most widely used tool across organizations to maintain a large data set in a tabular format, to perform calculations, for visualization and analysis. Excel supports basic mathematical functions including filter, sort, color code, add, subtract, multiply, divide to much-advanced formulas such as pivot table, if-else etc. for data manipulation. Excel has built-in support for macros which can automate your manual task and can save a lot of time. Even if you are naïve user of excel and want to apply some functions, user community support is quite extensive. All you have to do is just type ‘how to do XYZ in excel’ and you would get ready answers. Excel is also very useful tools for basic graphs and charting and if you want to take analytics to a pro-level then it supports integration with advanced analytics tools such as Power BI. Autosave feature and excel subscription as a part of Office 365 allow you to save your excel files on the cloud which can be accessed anywhere using internet connectivity.

Cons

Features on Excel mobile App are somewhat limited. Large size excel file makes your system slow, time-consuming and sometimes it even crashes. If you want pro-level expertise in Excel, you need to undergo training. The good part is that excel online tutorials are widely available across multiple platforms such as YouTube, Courseera, etc.

Amy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

KEEPS EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE PLACE

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

I use it daily for tracking all of my business transactions, and I love the fact that it quickly adds the columns for me and gives me a quick and accurate total of my profits, it keeps accurate and easy to set up to use especially for someone like me that is not computer savvy at when I first started using it but quickly with customer services' help and taking the free classes offered became a pro in no time.! Absolutely love all aspects of the program and the ease of using it!

Pros

Keeps all of your data neat and clearly in one place, easy to locate, easy to use, the spreadsheets are great for tracking everything - personnel, clients, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly incomes, etc.; invoices, tracking venue of outstanding balances and denies with a place for explanations and follow up, clients information:name, email addresses, phone and cell #s, etc. for easy access, can store on laptop, flash drive or print out, use daily to add date with ease, customer service and data software personnel easy to reach and mange your issues within minutes, not much the program can't do. I also use it for person use to track Christmas, Birthday and other special Cards I send, I use it for church projects, and all home budgets including home projects. Been a user for over 18 years - love all the updates it has made with great improvements and it is the best software for spreadsheets money can buy. Would never change to another program. Loyal customer for life.

Cons

Wish the spreadsheet always fit on one page and at times I have difficulty using it with other apps
Can't think of anything else.

Ladona

Excel Is A Very Powerful Tool

Reviewed on 1/8/2020

Many thumbs up!!!

Many thumbs up!!!

Pros

This software is built to support the simplest to the most complex requirements needed in the workplace. Before becoming a Facilities Officer I worked as an energy engineer in the solar energy field for more than five years. My colleagues and I were not only required to undertake technical tasks such as conducting site assessments, but we were also embedded in a sales driven environment. Weekly reports had to be submitted about the sales potential that were garnered from customers we interacted with, thereby keeping track of all the quotes that were sent out, and track whether they resulted in actual sales or not. Each of these had to be entered into an excel spreadsheet and tabulated somewhat manually every week and categorized by product type. This was a daunting task and none of us enjoyed doing this. I thought that Xcel ld have the necessary functions so I brought my home with me one weekend, and did my research. After more than 15 hours doing so I was able to create a far better spreadsheet that made the work extremely simple.

The formulas that Excel had searched a master sheet by sales rep name, the amount and product type for each quote. Sub tabs were created, one for each rep. By typing in a start date and end date our manager/supervisor was provided with all the details to take to the weekly management meetings
Later on, in less than a year that document guided the developer to create a web based sales tracking software which extended beyond my department and branch

Cons

Nothing is lacking as far as simple to the most complex use. I still use this software on a daily basis as a FACILITIES officer now, to keep track of my budget and maintenance works for various amenities such as the generator, pumping systems, air conditioning systems and also Excel was great and one of the most efficient software that was and still being used to keep track of all of the companies fixed assets prior to entering into a register. I have no issues with Excal at all. It will always have its place within various if not all workplace functions.

Tonmoy

Best spreadsheet software "Microsoft Excel"

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Excel has been wonderful to me in view that I first began out the usage of it as a pupil in center school. Since then, I've slowly began out growing my talents with it - functions, pivot tables, electricity query, macros, VBA - and it has paid off immensely for my career. Though I use different programming languages pretty often, Excel compliments them pretty nicely and understanding that 99% of the corporations use Excel, I recognize that it is a software program really well worth making an investment in.

Pros

1.Multiple worksheets.

2.Easy to "program"

3.Can hyperlink among worksheets in identical record or different documents.

4.Has respectable graphics, graphs, charts, etc. to reveal your information.

5.Table feature permits you to clear out out information conveniently.

6.Great for calculations.

7.Almost anybody can use Excel.

Excel is likewise very beneficial equipment for simple graphs and charting and in case you need to take analytics to a pro-degree then it helps integration with superior analytics equipment inclusive of Power BI. Autosave characteristic and excel subscription as part of Office 365 let you shop your excel documents at the cloud which may be accessed everywhere the use of net connectivity.

Cons

1.It isn't intended for enhancing huge portions of data.

2.It isn't intended for storing huge portions of data.

3.It isn't a database.

4.It may be hard to show the equation for an extended feature in addition to severa cells that the equation is relating to if the worksheet is huge.

5.It could be very functional, however occasionally you want a database.

There isn't anyt any alternatives to have a cloud primarily based totally Excel spreadsheet. If there were, I am quite positive maximum organizations might ditch their cutting-edge software program and stay with Excel. Our commercial enterprise has more than one bodily stores, so being capable of proportion to report among all stores for them to collaborate might be ideal.

Shweta
  • Industry: Banking

Excel is extraordinary accounting page device that help performs numerical and factual...

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Excel is an incredible instrument for those who work on a lot of information and can deal with complex figurings with 100% precision. It permits you to make turn tables, sort, recover and investigate information, perform macros in VBA, construct diagrams, tables, and a lot more highlights in a breeze.Excel permits you to expand the equation up, down, across the bookkeeping page. You simply need to make the equation once in one cell and Excel will assist you with populating the recipe in the assigned lines/segments in your report. Excel shortcut keys drastically builds my efficiency by utilizing these tricks.Use for banks every day week after week month to month and yearly reports. Use for pattern investigation, planning and figure for different administrations offered by bank.Overall the experience on Excel is superior to the experience on most other bookkeeping page applications, so I believe Excel to be my #1 accounting page application.

Pros

It is truly valuable apparatus and amazing contribution by Microsoft that assists with doing essential math's and details capacities and permits to get ready and clean information for cutting edge examination and information displaying functions.It goes about as a backend instrument to store and recover information. It has abilities like rotate tables, arranging, merge. It performs different capacities and capacity to arrange and introduce information in more outwardly engaging way.I like how it tends to be quite certain by the way it includes the data you entered into a record. It gets extremely point by point however can likewise be disentangled relying upon which sections and lines you'd prefer to have noticeable. It's likewise useful that you can share exercise manuals and numerous representatives can refresh data so there is one primary base to ceaselessly return to that is precise. Additionally the alternatives to make an exceptionally coordinated print of the data is nice.In simple,Excel is generally perceived as the best instrument actually to control information, make reports and dashboard.

Cons

Restricted Security could be a major issue. You can secure the password of an Excel accounting page to keep unapproved individuals from accessing a document, however it doesn't shield the information from the individuals who have the password.It hangs a great deal when there are an enormous informational collection comprising of huge number of lines and sections of information to be handled.Excel could be tricky for some users as it is loaded up with numerous highlights.

ANTHONY

Excel remains the best in the field

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Excel is for me the best software in the world for many tasks, to make an inventory, to transfer various costs, to make analyses, tables...
This software saves us a lot of time with its simplicity and ease of use.
I have been using this tool for years and I have seen a lot of evolution.
This software has always been a perfect companion for me from college to university to everyday life. From simple graphs to invoices or studies with a lot of calculations, this software has always been able to help me with dexterity and make my work professional. I highly recommend this software!

Pros

The environment of Excel is easy to take in hand, even without several months of use and without training, one is able to use it without too many problems.
The calculations are simple to perform and are error-free. It is the best solution for anyone who needs a software like this (students, workers).
This software makes it possible to perform ever more complex calculations and to illustrate results by graphs with a wide selection and without ever making mistakes.
Of course, it is distinguished by a wide range of useful features that go far beyond the scope of a simple spreadsheet.
If you ever have difficulties in understanding and using it, I strongly recommend you to watch tutorials on the internet or on youtube. These will help you to solve possible difficulties.
This software can help you without any problems.

Cons

When you don't know the software, some features can be scary.
Errors are not well explained which is a real problem when you don't know where the error comes from and you are a beginner.
Training is sometimes necessary to reveal the full potential of the software in order to use the features to their maximum. This sometimes requires a lot of time.
It still lacks the possibility of collaborative work which is present in other competitors. I find this a real shame.

Neeraj
Neeraj
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Best Microsoft Tool for Data Management

Reviewed on 5/9/2021

I am preparing data using the tables for presentations and for easy handling and access. The formulas provided and their functions help us to ensure that our results are upto the point. Mostly I love to use the Pivot table, as they create a relationship between the various sets of data that I am using. The shortcuts provided by Microsoft Excel helps the user to enter the data in easy way. I work with lots of worksheets at daily basis. It allows me to provide data to my team to create different forms of it for monthly and weekly reports for our clients.

Pros

It has wide and amazing features to implement over the work. Most important of all is Conditional formatting and Pivot tables which are mostly used in data management and data sorting. Print Optimisation and Absolute references are also used in managing the cells.

Product is quite easy to use as you know the work and implementation of the tools and features and anyone can work over it whether he is a beginner or proficient.

I had to work with the spreadsheets for managing the client data and sorting them according to the requirements. So, the best solution for my work was to use excel and it helped us and my organization a lot. The performance of this tool was totally mind-blowing.

Cons

Yes, sometimes I feel that there are some certain features that are missing like there is no protection feature for cell, workbook or sheet protection. No links to other spreadsheets are provided at all, you can rotate the text and no checkboxes are given.

Apart from that, there are some features that are difficult even for daily users like Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), most of the users struggles in it. Macros and Automation is also somewhere difficult in some areas. But with my business, it was not difficult at all to maintain all this as we were trained at it and we have to use only some specific features for the data management. Overall experience is great.

feras
feras
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

A comprehensive explanation of my personal experience with Microsoft Excel

Reviewed on 4/11/2022

I started using Microsoft Excel 27 years ago when it was installed on the computer via 6 Philips disk and from that time until now I have not used any other program in all the fields I worked in and used it in all its versions. Quick tables and invoice design in all its forms. I even used it to make small stickers to put on products. It is indeed a comprehensive program for those who learn it and know all its secrets. Graphs are also available in a professional manner and can be easily dealt with, a feature that you can find in a complete program that specializes only in graphs and buy it For a high amount, either Excel provides it as one of the features I have done a lot of work through Which made me distinguished in my work and in front of my managers because I was professional in it and everyone came to me to help him in making the schedules that take with them in other programs a lot of time I was accomplishing in Excel in minutes

Pros

I liked the Microsoft Excel program, that it is flexible and easy to learn and work on. It is an excellent place for making tables and electronic tables that contain simple and complex equations, which makes me able to make a simple accounting program in record time and complete tables and invoices in minutes, and the graphs can be inserted very easily and simply Also, the file contains several pages, and new pages can be added endlessly. The pages can be linked to equations between them easily. When saving the work, it can be saved with several extensions to open it in other programs such as the pdf extension and many great features in the program

Cons

I can assure you that there are no downsides to Microsoft Excel. There was a simple note, which is to change the work format when opening the file with old, previous versions.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Extremely powerful spreadsheet software that is very versital

Reviewed on 9/7/2018

Easy to keep your data in an organized way for quick analysis.

Easy to keep your data in an organized way for quick analysis.

Pros

Has integrated plotting routines and is very easy to use with math functions performed on cells. Can also be used for organizing non numeric inputs too. Has several choices on types of plots that can be selected in order to fit the data type be used. Once data is inputted analysis is easy to implement. Using formulas is also easy on all of the data or any portion of the data, all you have to do is select the portion of the data you want the formula to act on. If you have trouble finding the ways to use the formula or selecting how to input the formula you can just do a search online for the question you have on how to implement it. It's that easy, since Excel is so widely used. It is also great for inputting data from other software programs in various formats. Also it is easy to copy and paste the charts and plots into other software programs which makes it easy to back up the point you are making in any report or research you are generating.

Cons

Can be a little hard to format types of data at times since Excel wants to truncate leading and trailing zeros in numbers inputted. Some programs will not allow you to copy and paste charts or graphs into them but the list of programs that will not allow this is short. Also some programs have certain data formats that are not compatible with with Excel data formats , this is not a big deal though as most data can be reformatted for Excel to accept with a little effort. Also the plotting routines are a bit inflexible at times and it can be frustrating when you want display your data in a certain way.