RUN Powered by ADP

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

Heather

I've been an ADP user since 1999 and it's always been growing with us!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Pros

Constant updates and ADP actually listens to the feedback of their customers. I LOVE having a dedicated manager to answer my questions or to direct me in the right direction.

Cons

I wish that when setting up a new tax that needs an ID #, that ADP would handle contacting the state for id #'s, etc.

Response from ADP

Hi Heather -

Thank you for providing a positive review of our WFN platform. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP!

William
  • Industry: Hospitality

The customer service is outstanding even late at night.

Reviewed on 15/2/2021

I have been using this software and ADP for 5 years. There have been more than a few times where something went seriously wrong on a payroll day and I was not able to run the payroll at my normal time. Inevitably, I am up late finishing it, "Murphy's law" happens, and I run into a problem on that particular night. It is nice to know I can get help when I need it.

Pros

This is easy to use and set up payroll software if you use ADP for payroll. When you sign up with ADP then you are given a dedicated customer service team that specializes in teaching you how to use the software. After about 60 days they allow you to call into their 24-hour customer service team from then on into the future. If you are ever stuck late at night trying to finish payroll and run into a problem, they answer the phone and help you solve the issue so can finish the job.

Cons

ADP is more expensive than a local payroll company. Although I like to support local small businesses like mine, it is nice to know that the payroll will be done right the first time. Your employees will appreciate it.

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Reliability and certainty that my tax payments would be made for the business on time.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

My accountant at the time had some experience from clients using it and recommended it to me to use.

Response from ADP

William,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are glad to hear you find a user friendly experience within RUN along with quality support from the RUN Service Team.

Thank you for the feedback on the fee structure. We are always working to enhance RUN and delight our users so we value your insights.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Meg

OK for Payroll, Terrible for Taxes

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Software is great, company is difficult.

Pros

Easy to process payroll and requires very oversight on customer end.

Cons

ADP Run continuously fails to file taxes and makes it so you don’t want to leave because you want to make sure things finally get resolved but try and prevent it from happening again.

Cost

Paylocity

Software ease of ise
Ramon
  • Industry: Legal Services

ADP RUN for a Law Firm

Reviewed on 10/2/2023

Overall ADP run has allowed us to spend time on our business as when working with ADP the system is easy to use.

Pros

One stop shop for anything payroll in one portal. Simple and easy to use. Onboarding is quick

Cons

It’s hard to find a con as I’ve had a great experience with ADP.

Julie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

ADP Run is user-friendly

Reviewed on 1/7/2022

My overall experience has been really good. Their customer service has been excellent as well.

Pros

ADP Run is exceptionally easy to use for payroll. The screens are pretty self explanatory and ADP sends you e-mail notices to remind you to post your payroll. The payroll reports that you can generate also integrate easily on other software.

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about this software. The only issue that once you post your payroll, there can be no changes. I wish that there was a 30 minute grace period, but overall, ADP really did think of everything.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

This gave us a way to do direct deposit and avoid all hand-cut checks.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

It seemed to be the easiest to use, both from a time standpoint and was not too complicated. Also, it featured back-up customer service to help us along the way.
Joan
  • Used for 2+ years

Good software but expensive

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

Liked it and ADP but the price went up. Interesting that when I requested no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leave I wasn’t offered anything to keep my account. Months later I got calls and a million emails offering me months for free and no W2 charges. I would have stayed since I liked the product and the company and would have liked not to go through the pain of a change.

Pros

Easygoing use. Reports very good.access. ADP provides lots of HR info.

Cons

It is quite easy to use. The reports are well designed and easy toI asked about no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leakreques

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

They gave us a good offer and the change was seamless

Response from ADP

Joan,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? provided you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business.

We appreciate your feedback and our RUN? Service Team would love the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. We hope to partner with you again on your payroll and human capital management needs.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Payroll Taxes

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

It is not different than Paychex. Just big corporate software. It works well, but if you have a problem you are working with giant companies. Not sure with Paychex, but ADP customer service was horrific.

Pros

Actual payroll processing and data entry of employees and payroll is easy.

Cons

I had payroll tax issues that were not resolved by customer service, and in fact were made worse, causing a fine and back taxes.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

It seemed easier and less time consuming, but in the end, when payroll taxes were entered incorrectly, it turned into a nightmare.

Response from ADP

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We love hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but it also streamlines your payroll processing. Our RUN? Service Team would like to ensure your tax concerns are resolved, we look forward to connecting with you.

As always, we strive to add value to your organization and add time back into your day through our products and services enabling you to focus on what matters most.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Rosemary
  • Industry: Research

Mostly Easy to Use

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

Helping us keep in compliance with State law.

Pros

Timekeeping feature is a great timesaver.

Cons

There are still glitches with changing employee status (say from contractor to full time employee) Have had to call the help desk EVERY time I do this.

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Had more features and was a good price.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Was offered by our benefits broker so we changed when we started Employee Benefits
Kristen

Easy to Use Payroll Software

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

I had a great experience using this software and ultimately only switched due to the need to offer benefits.

Pros

The software is intuitive, easy-to-use and secure.

Cons

I have no complaints apart from the constant password changing required.

Justworks and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

I was offered a great introductory price as well as some incentives from my bank (Chase)

Response from ADP

Kristen,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? provides you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business.

We appreciate your partnership on your payroll and human capital management needs.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Meg

Easy Option, not the best

Reviewed on 23/2/2022

Gets the job done, but you will need to keep on top of your tax notices and payments to ensure nothing is missed.

Pros

Easy to do payroll on and off site. Easy to update employee information and allows employees to log in and retrieve their stubs from mobile app.

Cons

There is major room for improvement for Run by ADP to be a more comprehensive HR/Payroll software, which is what they advertise themselves to be.

QuickBooks Payroll, Paychex Flex, Paylocity and Streamline

Cost.

Paylocity

Ease of use and cost

Response from ADP

Meg,

We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Carrie
  • Industry: Automotive

RUN is a good platform for a global company, easy to use, cost effective & great customer...

Reviewed on 7/8/2017

Piece of mind that Payroll is done correctly and timely and that our company is compliant with tax & government agencies.

Pros

Scalability, portability, reliability, ease of use, security, reporting & customer support are the most valued features when it comes to RUN powered by ADP. Our payrolls can grow or shrink very rapidly. This platform allows us to quickly transition our staff size & allows an international team to onboard, process payroll and terminate employees easily & efficiently. We can work anywhere that there is an internet connection & can focus on our core business and rely on ADP to handle taxes and garnishments. The application is well organized & easy to navigate. Security has greatly improved empowering employees & administrators. Central database is secure while always at my finger tips. Standard reporting & Adhoc reporting features are great! Customer Support deserves lots of credit - they are helpful, professional & supported us with difficult HR & technical questions passing along problems & ideas effectively. Finally, ADP has listened to suggestions & continuosly improved its software since 2010.

Cons

There are two items that I like the least about this software. They are both related. Most important is the lack of a feature allowing us to import our payroll data into the "Payroll Task". When we grow it is very time consuming & cumbersome to key in all the data. A feature to import the payroll data would be fantastic! I do not want to go to another platform, which allows the data from the proprietary Time Tracking software to be imported. ADP has tried to sell me this but RUN is perfect for us - just the payroll processing is more cumbersome when under time crunch & when we have lots of employees working different shifts, at different rates, with OT, double time, etc. Second point is the capability of a payroll administrator being able to input/review/edit the data in the Payroll Task & save it. Should not be able to add or delete the Task and not be able to RUN the task (impound the bank). But my team could help out in different time zones if this 2nd feature would be implemented.

Juanita
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great product with inconsistent customer service

Reviewed on 22/1/2022

I have not found a better more affordable option. It does everything I need it to do and requires very little effort on my end. I appreciate that it just requires me to tap a few buttons to rub my payroll. I need something that is quick and easy.

Pros

The website and mobile app are very easy to use. Being able to run payroll on the go is very helpful but you can’t add an employee from the mobile app.

Cons

I hate that I can’t add an employee from the app. It has made it difficult sometimes. I also despise the long wait times for customer service. They have a call back option that they say you won’t lose your spot using but it generally takes hours to get a call back. That’s an absurd amount of time.I also hate the nonstop sales calls. I had to threaten to close all my accounts to get the calls to stop. The timekeeping with adp run was a nightmare. If there are any errors it causes issues with running payroll from the app.

QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Ease of use and the app functionality.

Response from ADP

Juanita,

We are happy to hear that overall you find ease of use and helpful functionality within RUN Powered by ADP®.

We appreciate your feedback on the Mobile app and wait times and have passed this along for review.

Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Makes Payroll Simple and Easy

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Pros

I used RUN powered by ADP with a company I previously owned with 5 employees. For probably all business owners doing payroll, withholding, and taxes is the biggest stress. RUN was a simple and easy to use for my payroll. You can change employees hours or wages each week by logging into their web portal. It takes no time at all to process the payroll. For the salary employees it was simple to have a reoccurring payroll payment to them every two weeks. It will send the employees all of their information for their direct deposits. The employee can also login to see all his or her information.

Best of all at the end of the year the taxes and forms paperwork is all taken care of for you. They will automatically send out the W2s to the employees. This relieves a lot of stress at the end of the year when it comes to taxes.

I had to call customer service a few times for questions and help. Their customer service is top notch and very helpful. They have logged into my computer and showed me everything I needed to know.

This is a great option for payroll for businesses.

Cons

The only con I could mention is the cost for the service. Of course we all want things to be less expensive but this was a little more expensive than most payroll services. The quality is outstanding so you definitely get what you pay for. RUN has so many extra features that most do not. Aside from the additional cost for RUN I would still recommend it from all the others I have used.

Sara
  • Industry: Photography

Fantastic Program - Too Big for Small Business

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

If not for the higher cost, we would still be with RUN ADP and I highly recommend. The program was really solid and the customer service outstanding. Cost was the downside for us but I believe they may now have some options for smaller businesses that may fit better from a cost perspective.

Pros

Run ADP was intuitive, easy to navigate and use, even for a non-HR person. I was able to take care of payroll quickly and efficiently, without any of the bugs or quirks that some of the other payroll software programs seem to have. If I had a question or needed help with anything, their customer service was available and incredibly helpful.

Cons

This software was just far too robust for our small business. It had lots of bells and whistles that we just didn't need or use. The cost was much higher than other payroll programs and ultimately, we left Run by ADP for a smaller company with a simpler program at a more streamlined price.

Response from ADP

Sara,

We appreciate your feedback on the price structure and have passed this information along for review.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Beverly
  • Industry: Telecommunications

As A Small Business That Just Started in December 2019, I Feel Taken Advantage Of!

Reviewed on 15/5/2020

I just wanted to know how much ADP would cost. Upon talking to the saleswoman over the phone she basically pushed me into going with ADP because there was a promotion going on at the time. From the moment I began using it things have not gone smoothly. I was hit with a couple of NSFs which I admit is my fault because of the bank I am currently using. But also I experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic. I was unable to afford ADP for the month of April. Because of this, they deactivated my account without any real warning. The thing is, the account was still functional, so I even added the time management feature for my employees. I was super excited about that. When I got my PPP loan, I immediately called ADP and scheduled payment that I owed so that my payroll feature would not be suspended. That's when I found out that the account had been deactivated. Instead of reactivating, they offered me a new one and an even bigger discount. But they realized that they had to file Q1 taxes. So they closed the new account, voided the payroll for that account, and reactivated the first account I had. Which is what should have been done in the first place. I was advised to use another method to pay my employees for the pay period until they get my account in order. Somehow, today, I receive an invoice for the payroll I ran even though it was voided. I am being charged for services that I didn't even get to use.

Every time I turn around I am having to give them more and more $

Pros

It's very comprehensive and easy to use. Initially seems like you can get a good deal and that the product is worth the price.

Cons

It turns out to be too expensive and it's like they don't get that they charge nearly $400 a month while other companies charge $40. They are not friendly enough for new small businesses and offer no flexibility during hardship such as the pandemic. I ended up having to shell out hundreds of dollars just because I couldn't afford to use the software. When dealing with customer service, things also tend to get unorganized and confusing when they don't have to be.

Response from ADP

Beverly,

We understand the hardship during these times and putting your business and employees first is front of mind. Your RUN? Support Team will be reaching out to ensure full resolution of these matters. We appreciate your partnership and trust more than ever and look forward to connecting to restore that balance.

-Your RUN? Support Team

Brooke
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used for 1+ year

ADP Canada Review

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

Again this review is for ADP Canada vs ADP U.S. but in short: If you find another option, go with another option.

Pros

Once I had run payroll a few times it's easy enough to use. I don't use their HR support or anything but calculating payroll is straightforward. It's great that the tax totals are calculated automatically and they file year-end paperwork for you.

Cons

I'll state that this review is for ADP Canada (vs ADP U.S.) I'm with a very small U.S. based nonprofit with just just a couple employees in Canada, and switched to ADP from calculating taxes manually. Using ADP is the lesser of two evils but it hasn't been a great experience. I run payroll semi-monthly and once, for no apparent reason (their rep couldn't explain why it happened) they initiated the second half of the month's payrun at the same time as the first, and charged us a $150 fee to do so, which they never refunded. Their chat support is helpful but if it's "unavailable" you have to call and it's always a 1-2 hour wait. You can request a call back but any time I do that they never actually call me back. The interface is also pretty low-tech.

Response from ADP

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for the review - we appreciate all feedback to ensure we are supporting your small business in the best way possible.

I am unable to locate your account information, but will pass along this feedback to the ADP Canada Team to see if they are able to locate your account and further assist with your concerns.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Bryan
  • Industry: Insurance

Once set-up ...works good

Reviewed on 1/9/2018

Run is a overall a good software because it allows me to focus on running my business and not keeping track of time and submitting tax reports. Before using this software I was spending hours each month capturing time accurately, saving it into spreadsheets, paying my team and filing reports.

Pros

Once set-up, this system is a good way to easily manage my payroll. The Run software integrates with the ADP Time and Attendance software which is how my employees clock-in and out each day. I hit 1 button and the software automatically brings in the total hours worked for each person and auto calculates if there is overtime due. The software also allows me to have a file for each employee. Finally, the system captures everything so pulling reports is simple. I can run payroll reports for the whole team or individual employees with the blink of an eye.

Cons

The worst part of this software is getting it set-up. Once I agreed to purchase I got connected with a software installation person. This sounded great except she was in there over seas call center and we had a slight language barrier. It took much longer than it should have but we did get through it. Unfortunately this poor customer service has continued for the whole 2 years I have been on the software. However, typically things works correctly so thankfully I am only calling for support a few times a year.

Sofi

ADP: The Ultimate Payroll Solution

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

I wish I could go back to RUN or upgrade to Workforce Now. ADP 411 still helps me when I call needing advice or information and I'm not even a customer anymore. I have zero complaints about ADP. From the service to the functionality to the design, they have always delivered excellence in my experience.

Pros

It's simple enough to navigate even if you haven't used RUN before. The features are organized in a way that makes sense, and if you have any trouble you can always call and someone will help you. The support is hands-down the best "feature" because ADP service is above and beyond what you get elsewhere. The guidance they offer is sound and they do everything they can to seek more informed recommendations if you ever have a grey-area question. They also prepare filings on time and without error.

Cons

The only thing I disliked was that we outgrew RUN at my current company and had to upgrade to a solution that suits businesses with 50+ FTE headcount. ADP does offer other platforms that serve a larger scale, so it's not a big deal as long as you upgrade to another ADP product. I would never recommend switching to another provider. It's been a nightmare for me to be forced to work with a new company which I won't name here. You can't even call them a competitor because they do 5% of the work ADP did for me and they charge twice the price.

Elena
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Perfect for a small business like ours

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Pros

We started using ADP Run about 5 months ago and by far I am very satisfied. The interface is easy and user friendly. Even when there is something I can't figure out how to do or just want to make sure I don't do wrong, they have this chat that is surprisingly quick and helpful. You get to speak with representative withing 2 min and they not only explain what to do, but also go in and do stuff for you. It is also really helpful that our employees can access their record via app. What is more, it is way more cost friendly than when we were outsourcing the payroll processing.

Cons

I really haven't encountered any problem yet. It seems to hit all the check marks we need. The only problem is that when we were starting they were a bit chaotic, not communicating between each other. We had a different point of connection every week, and it was somewhat frustrating. But despite this initial period, we have been running smoothly.

Response from ADP

Elena,

While I am sure I am not the first, I am very happy to welcome you to the ADP? family!

We are beyond thrilled to hear that you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and accessible for both you and your employees. Partnering with you to make payroll and HR easy and effortless so that you can focus on your business is always front of mind for us.

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We look forward to connecting with you again.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Deuene
  • Industry: Human Resources

ADP is overall great

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

Pros

I like the ability to process payroll on a consistent basis. ADP allows us the ability to set individual pay parameters for our staff and automatically process payroll for those on a set compensation. I enjoy the reports that can be produced.

Cons

This software should offer reductions for members who have used the software for a long period of time. There are only benefits for new users. The amount of individuals using this product, increases the cost of the product.

Features at the time
Sean
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

One of the best platforms out of all payroll processing companies for small businesses

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

There's a reason ADP is the biggest name out there. They haven't let me down yet, but I'll certainly post if they do!

Pros

the software seems very secure and has a lot of measures that are taken. Very easy to use, even for technologically inept people like me. The rep that sold me the software was extremely thorough.
Has a lot of features for payroll processing, tax reporting, and human resources features, and even workers comp integration.

Simply put, this software integrates nearly all financial and human resource aspects I need as a small business owner, other than banking. It even makes it easier to offer retirement benefits for my employees. It's not the cheapest software out there, but it is 100% worth the money.

Cons

On occasion, it logs me out or glitches if I process my payroll on wednesday (apparently that's the busiest day to process so the system gets overloaded). Sometimes gets annoying to have to make small changes or customize reports, but that's just part of the business.

Richard
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Weekly Payroll

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

It takes me less than a minute to process my weekly payroll. Very simple to use and with ADP dealing with taxes, a section 125 deduction, and local taxes, it let's me focus on my business.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up. Reasonable Cost. Handles my federal, state, and local taxes. I can do my payroll from just about anywhere.

Cons

Could offer the ability to customize reports for accounting. I don't need to integrate the payroll into my G/L, but formatting reports to allow for easier journal entries would be nice.

Response from ADP

Richard,

Thank you for this stellar review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

Hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? puts time back into your day is music to our ears! We strive to provide you with superior tools and support to enable you to plug that time back into what matters most...your employees and your business.

RUN Powered by ADP? does provide a Custom Report option and our RUN Service Team would be happy to explore this option with you as it relates to your GL. We look forward to hearing from you!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

All-inclusive payroll solution

Reviewed on 24/5/2018

Pros

ADP offers to take a lot of the work off your hands - 401k administration, tax reporting, new hire reporting, compliance testing. Makes it easy to have remote employees in multiple states.

Cons

The interface is old. Very text-based. Also, there are almost too many ADP solutions, employees get confused which site they are supposed to be logging into. ADP solutions also seem to cross wires here and there because there has been a few times where I have logged into RUN and it brings me to a random ADP page. I try again and it works correctly.

Carla

In general the overall experience is good

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Pros

The system is easy to use and intuitive. Most days there are very few issues. Everything from benefits, taxing, withholding and demographics are is right there to see.

Cons

Customer service can be a struggle. However recently this does not seem to be an issue either. There are also changes being made, sometimes we are not expecting the placement to change. For example following the last big change we suddenly had to stop and look for the items moved to the pay tab. Even though it did not take long it was unexpected.

Michael
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good Payroll Software for Small Business

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Overall our experience was sufficient for administering payroll, we would recommend it to other small business owners looking for a simple and easy to utilize platform.

Pros

The RUN platform allowed us to administrate payroll in a simple setting geared towards a small business. It allowed for a couple of individuals to work in tandem to efficiently work through payroll each period.

Cons

Not really a con but the reporting from this software was weak for a growing business. This really just meant it was time to upgrade the solution we were utilizing.

Response from ADP

Michael,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide details on your experience with RUN Powered by ADP?.

We are thrilled to hear that you find our products and services to be easy to work with! We value your insights and look forward to continuing a successful partnership on your payroll and Human Capital Management needs.

--Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team