Domo

Write a Review!
Domo puts data to work for everyone

3.9/5
4.3/5
4.1/5
4.0/5

Toni
Toni
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Domo - a great data workhorse

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Pros

The best thing about Domo is the people who work there! I've always had the best interactions when contacting them for help, or working with them in training or onboarding. The dashboards are really nice once you've got them setup, and it's easy to log in and view the data in the program. Mobile works pretty great too. I also really like the workbench that allows you to setup recurring uploads.

Cons

I took a weeklong training at Domo a couple years ago, and I still struggle to keep up with calculations inside the cards. I think their language could be easier to use. Also I would like to see easier and smoother filtering and searching within the dashboards.

Frank
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Better and Smarter BI Tool

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

easy to use, offers great visualization for data analysis. I really like how easy it is to connect to other systems by offering out of box connectors.

Pros

DOMO can easily connect with most all other systems and bring their data into DOMO warehouse. It also offers beast mode in data visualization, this feature is a terrific way to create a dynamic field within a dataset that references other columns.

Cons

Data permissions setup are sometime bid confusion: publication groups vs PDP

Vena and Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Choosing Domo

As our organization grows, we needs a cloud based and more powerful BI tool to meet our company goal.
Chen

Domo is nice, but has too many problems with loading datasets.

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Pros

visualizations, ddx.

Cons

Limitations with connectors and datasets, lacking an easy out of the box options to create incremental data loads into domo. the datasets loading can be super slow and take many hours, with no solution given by the tool or by the support agents. lots of bugs with loading data, processes suddenly stop working for no reason. too often domo can load very slow so its impossible to use. support is very bad most of the time.

Laura
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Domo is the best tool for companies who don't have the resources to have their own database

Reviewed on 7/12/2022

They have been great, and I had a great experience with their tools. Very intuitive and flexible. The pricing is understandable, considering how many different features you get. You're basically paying for a database as well. I'm not a fan of the way the data is stored though, but it makes sense that they chose to do it that way to get the most $$ from their clients.

Pros

It's pretty intuitive, and there is plenty of resources available (Domo University + Customer Service) for the parts that aren't as intuitive. Implementation was seamless because they offered us as much help as possible to set it all up the way it needed to be for our business structure. We also liked that this tool had many connectors that are relatively easy to use.

Cons

It's a bit more on the expensive side. And it can get more expensive than originally planned, because of the cap they have on rows. I wasn't a fan of having to be charged for the original rows coming through and then being charged for the same rows after being transformed. There is a way to not have to create a second dataset and be charged, but for the most part, it's a needed step.

Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Choosing Domo

Tableau was getting slow because we had bigger datasets to analyze. We also needed more connectors.

Reasons for Switching to Domo

It offered more features (connectors, data storage)
Victor
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

a good product with the worst customer support

Reviewed on 23/1/2020

Good product with lots of promise let down by the worse customer support I've ever experienced.

Pros

Once you get your head around it, the interface is powerful and intuitive although the learning curve is steep. Good visualisations.

Cons

Domo could not care less about their customers. If you engage with them you will get a hard sell that promises you the world, including a good few blatant lies, but as soon as you sign that contract they wash their hands of you. Most of the connectors that we tried to work with were barely demos - totally unfit for purpose - so unless you have a team of SQL coders to build everything by hand, or are prepared to pay Domo's extortionate professional services fees (which you'll need to book weeks in advance), you should avoid this product as they won't help you.

Reasons for Switching to Domo

I was promised out-of-the-box API functionality for our key data sources but this simply was not true. WIth the hindsight of working with the product I would not have chosen it. We have caneclled our contract after one year and consierdable investment.
Dexter
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Customer Service and Implementation Terrible but Great Product

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Customer Service and Implementation Terrible but Great Product.

Customer Service and Implementation Terrible but Great Product.

Pros

The product itself is great. It is easy to pick up and runs quickly and smoothly. We were able to implement it ourselves with a team of two in around 6 months and it has been extremely impactful on our business.

Cons

The customer service, implementation process has been a nightmare. We went through two different consultants for implementation and don't use anything that they built for us. We would of been better off doing it all by ourselves. Customer service doesn't get you anywhere unless you call in and escalate every ticket. We got a new account rep (our first one was great) and he never even introduced himself and to this day we don't even have a phone number to contact him.

Brandon
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Domo Makes Managing Easy

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Good company with a good product. They are one of the earliest leaders in the BI space. If you are having a hard time managing your company, then this could be an answer.

Pros

By far the best feature is the ability to take lots of crazy, boring data and making it tell a visual story. A picture tells a thousand words.

Cons

We ran into some problems with a few of the data sources we tried to connect to. The Domo help team was great, but it wasn't easy.

Reasons for Switching to Domo

Tableau was extremely expensive, and we didn't want to get tied down to yet another Salesforce recurring payment.
Deepak

Domo review

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Pros

Ease of use and sharing with others. Dashboard was easy to create and share with stakeholders

Cons

search dataset based on the query would make life easier, improvement new Redshift Upsert connector too

Reasons for Switching to Domo

Because we are using Redshift which makes easier to sync with Domo
Anil
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Data Analytics with Domo

Reviewed on 26/6/2022

Domo is essential tool to use for your data analytics.

Domo is essential tool to use for your data analytics.

Pros

Domo is essential tool to use for data and it gives you huge space to work on it.

Cons

Domo is helpful tool but they should improve the tool for.

Kabir
  • Industry: Higher Education

Amazing Domo

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

I have been using it for reports for more than 3 years and it is quite easy to generate reports, download reports and share reports with colleagues. Maintenance of those reports is much easier.

Pros

It is quite easy to use, and all data in Domo are cleaned and easily accessible. Easy to share reports with colleagues.

Cons

Once the author licence was given temporarily to a colleague after that I was not able to access my own visuals and ETL.

Microsoft Power BI

Bryan
  • Industry: Warehousing

Robust and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Pros

I really like Domo's Magic ETL feature. I feel like they have really made it very accessible and easy to understand. I also like that Domo's focus is not just displaying information, but making it actionable and using data in order to make business decisions

Cons

As with any software that is trying to make no code applications, there is more functionally if you just write your own SQL, but that makes it much less accessible to the masses. There are a few functions that are fairly easy to write in SQL, but take couple different steps in order to achieve in Domo. It is more of a minor annoyance than a real problem

Tableau and Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Switching to Domo

We felt like Domo gave us the best ability to scale the product with our own growth, and as mentioned before we liked the fact that Domo's focus is on driving actionable business decisions versus just creating a bunch of dashboards.
Carl

Absolutely vital tool for data analysis!

Reviewed on 1/5/2020

I've been very, very happy with what we get out Domo. It allows our small team to be able to make decisions and perform at a level that that far surpasses even that of mid to large size organizations. Domo is a powerhouse in the realm of data manipulation and analysis and I can't imagine being without it!

Pros

Everything that allows us to import or connect to data and perform data analysis. The graphs, charts and filtering tools are amazing, and the new (beta) feature to save filter sets has been an incredible time-saver, as well as giving us greater insight into different views of our data so that we are then able to take a wider range of actions and not miss some information that would've otherwise not been visible or buried within other information.

Cons

How much screen real estate is occupied by various things, leaving only a small amount of space for previewing cards. Going into full-screen has it's own limitations, so perhaps a "Theater Mode" view that minimizes unnecessary information to allow a larger view of the core content.

I also do not like that its not possible to scroll left and right within card previews, requiring them to be opened to be able to do so.

Finally, performance can sometimes be an issue, but I think that's more related to the enormity of data we are processing at any given moment more so than an issue with the product or the hosting servers.

Ajay

Domo Review

Reviewed on 5/7/2023

Overall I feel this tool is powerful enough for the mid tier SAAS industries for their dashboard/reporting needs.

Pros

It has good number of connectors to all the enterprise applications.Very powerful ETL tool to migrate data from spreadsheets.

Cons

I feel we have less dashboard/card customizations compared to Tableau and also the user interface of dashboard builder is not that good for basic users.

Price
  • Industry: Media Production

Domo Is expensive but well worth the investment

Reviewed on 1/5/2020

I really like Domo it's hands down my favorite piece of software and also my favorite company to work with. It has solved countless reporting problems an saved thousands of hours spent repetitive reporting tasks for our team.

Pros

It's incredibly powerful and allows any one (regardless of coding or data science background) the ability to create dynamic reports and complex data automations. The best part of Domo though is the customer support. When you call support you get a human right away and they are always ready to help regardless of how complicated your problem is or how much time it will take to solve. You never feel helpless with Domo, only empowered

Cons

It costs a fortune and they have no entry level packages. they also have a habit of releasing awesome features that aren't included in the main package and that cost puts the platform well out of reach for most companies.

Jeff
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Turn data in to actionable information

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

As mentioned in the pro’s section, we have had several wins as a result of our use of Domo. Safety performance has improved because Domo has surface information that helps us hold our employees accountable. From the employee’s perspective, they are able to see what is expected of them and also see how they are performing to those expectations.

Pros

From loading data all the way to visualizing it, domo’s tools make the process very simple. Our business leaders now have accurate and timely information which helps them make informed decisions. We have several documented organizational improvements as a result of our Domo initiative.

Cons

Of all the software systems I have been involved in procuring, domo has the least amount of “cons”. One suggestion would be to include some type of utility to maximize the efficiency of datasets. We tend to create datasets that are probably redundant, it would be cool to have a way to know when that happens.

Scott
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Wouldn't want to live without DOMO

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

I use DOMO everyday and believe in the power it has to communicate actionable metrics. Wouldn't want to do business without it.

Pros

Once DOMO cards are setup, DOMO is the fastest way to get virtually real time data to drive smart decision making. DOMO has the ability to be as simple or complex as the organization wants the data to be when presented. DOMO eliminates our excuse that managers don't have access to data to do their jobs. The range of data that can be accessed is incredible. Our ERP software, sales database and spreadsheets are all available. All aspects our organization have visual representation in DOMO that team members can see on workstations, video monitors or by email alerts. Portability on devices is also great.

Cons

Cost...of course. Small organizations may have a difficult time justifying the cost.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Everything I Need All In One Place!

Reviewed on 8/11/2018

We use Domo to connect the data sets from several different programs into information that can be shared between them through Domo.

Pros

Domo connects the data from all of our different data sources and allows me to put it all on one dashboard page so that I don't have to flip back and forth looking for the information that I need. I love that I can share the access to these dashboards with all of my employees so that they have access to all of the up to date information that they need. I really like that I can take any of the data on a dashboard and Domo will turn it into an excel spreadsheet for me.

Cons

The customer support is a little slow. There is also an occasional lag time between when changes are made to data and when they show up on Domo. It only refreshes about every 15 minutes.

Morgan

Good all-in-one platform

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Pros

It's generally pretty easy to get data into Domo and the ETL options make it pretty easy to do any necessary data cleaning and transformation. The platform is user friendly and building visuals are straightforward, although they can be limited at times.

Cons

Domo's support team definitely needs improvement - their response time is lacking and frequently ask for information that has already been provided in the initial ticket submission. It's also easy for the platform to become very disorganized - Domo could definitely benefit from implementing some data catalog functionality.

Neha
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use and quick development turnover

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Pros

Domo is user-friendly, it is easy to consume the reports and dashboards by the end user, at the same time allowing for deeper analysis by drilling down into different views till the raw data. It is also easy to develop ETL pipelines in Domo using the advanced SQL capabilities or the magic ETL tool. Easy to build interactive dashboards with dynamic filtering.

Cons

Some of the chart types could be improved like gauge charts where I would like to show the color based status (red/yellow/green) if that particular column is not used to build the chart.

Peter
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Solves Monday Report Hell

Reviewed on 1/1/2017

Every week we have to present to upper management statistics around the health of our BU including marketing, operations, and finance. In addition to our BI team pulling their hair out on Sunday night and Monday morning, we had 2 interns whose entire job was just to create and maintain these reports and pull this data from different systems. Once we got Domo running and connected to all of our systems (both our own data as well as data from other websites like Google ad spend and Zoho) then not only did we get to have our interns do something valuable but we also weren't waiting until Monday to get insight... we could actually manage our business in something closer to real-time. Seems obvious but without Domo, I don't know how we'd do it.

Pros

Can connect to just about anything.
Collaboration is easy.
Easy enough on mobile that our executive team can use it.

Cons

Had to get a lot of people involved on our side at the beginning to hook up to all of our accounts. Maybe that's inevitable.
Alerting is pretty basic, would like to see more there.

Brady
  • Industry: Automotive

High Value | Great Product

Reviewed on 1/5/2020

Pros

Domo make it very easy to work with and blend data

Cons

We are a small business so we cant get the "enterprise feature" without paying a reasonable price per user

Tableau and Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Switching to Domo

The overall value made it a no brainer
Zach
  • Industry: Entertainment

DOMO saves time and money

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Since using DOMO, we have saved a ton of time on data analysis and decision making processes for several areas of our business.

Pros

I love how this tool makes it easy to combine multiple data sources and create dashboards and cards that make data analysis and reporting a snap. The time savings this tool provides is invaluable.

Cons

I wish DOMO had more connectors and improved some of their existing connectors. Their Qualtrics connector for example I think could be improved in a way that allowed survey result data to be pulled into DOMO so that I could analyze and present the data more easily than I can in Qualtrics itself

Dylan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Domo is intuitive, modern, and helps your business monitor KPI's

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Domo has become critical for managing our business and has provided us real time visibility into all areas.

Pros

I liked that you didn't have to have a developer background to effectively use the tool. Everything is laid out and simplified in a way that allows you to create visualizations in a user friendly way.

Cons

There aren't many cons but some of the pre-built connectors don't work as intended and it's the responsibility of the vendor to fix.

Eric

The future of cloud analytics

Reviewed on 17/5/2016

Pros

Domo's vision of analytics is that data from many SaaS apps can be aggregated, analyzed, and visualized in a single system. It aims to make analytics the new water cooler of company discussion, replacing slack or chatter as the main company chat app. It's visualizations, while less sophisticated than Tableau/Qlik are much easier to create and visually attractive out of the box, and many of the features are copied from best-in-class social apps: From Pinterest, Boards with a scrolling list of pins, from Tumblr the ability to "reblog" or remix individual charts into your own dashboards, and to "follow" specific dashboards, Slack, excellent contextual chat system with alerts and @notifications. Domo also recognizes that analytics requires at least some implementation services to get the data organized and talking to each other and they are ready to provide this (for a fee) for companies that are missing in-house analytics expertise.

Cons

Expensive! There is a significant upfront fee plus large ongoing fees based on the number of users. Domo has set their pricing to be competitive with Tableau/Qlik and current leading analytics packages.

Kyle

Great ETL and Visualization Tool

Reviewed on 1/5/2020

Combining data, transforming data, and now writing back to source system... this tool is a gamechanger and i think puts DOMO into a category of an Essential business system.

Pros

Very easy to get data from all your systems. Using basic to advanced SQL you can ETL the data with ease.

Cons

there could be some better out of the box chart types, sometimes it's difficult to configure the type of chart you're looking for, but i've found it is possible most of the time.