Wistia

The complete video marketing platform for businesses

4.3/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

Cameron
Cameron
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great video delivery software - if you want to upgrade from YouTube you can't go wrong.

Reviewed on 9/7/2018

Quick and easy way for our videographer to share videos on our team and for us marketers to put it up on the website. Wistia is a good growing company and always improving.

Pros

Great software that integrates well into our website, currently hosted in HubSpot. It's code is simple and easy to swap in and out to add a nice lightbox feature on our site. Player is reliable and hardly ever has issues. We post all our company videos to Wistia and it integrates well with forms/turnstiles.

Cons

System is simpler and I wish that there were more features when integrating - like more info on turnstile forms. I wish that it was a little nicer on the layouts of the video pages themselves, but that's being nit-picky. Good software for video delivery.

Jacco
Jacco
  • Industry: Photography

Analytics for our videos

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

To better control and brand the video experience, as well as gain insights to how prospects interact with the videos, Wistia provides all the essentials functionalities.

Pros

The detailed analytics Wistia can provide for our videos is insightful, from regular views to advanced stats on rewatches, where people watched from and what part of the video they dropped off. Combined with integrations like Marketo we can capture leads and engage them along the way.

Cons

Watch that there is an added fee once you surpass the bandwidth limit, the cost of success!

Shelley

I have used this program to edit videos and add calls to action for marketing purposes.

Reviewed on 27/4/2018

Pros

I really like the ease of use with this program, it is very easy to get started. I like that it is free to use with limitations, but not too many. so that you can still utilize the important functionality.

Cons

I don't like that you can only create three videos with the free version, other than that it is hard to think of much else that I dislike about it.

Dustin
Dustin

Finally! A great alternative to YouTube and Vimeo for Videos

Reviewed on 1/10/2015

The nice thing about Wistia is that it allows you to track which of your videos are actually seen, which parts of viewed (or skipped, or rewatched), and by whom (or at least by which IP locations).

The statistical part means that you can use this tracking to make better videos that have a higher engagement or a better conversion ratio.

Another great thing that I like, which I do not get with the Vimeo Pro account, and which is also not possible on YouTube, is the ability to have a turnstile embedded within the video. This allows you to collect somebody's contact info partway through the video to watch the rest. You can also embed nice looking calls-to-action within the video itself, which is helpful for doing any sort of Marketing Automation.

All in all, it's a great service, especially for small business owners. The cost is affordable, and the value you gain is quite high.

Pros

Stats, stats and more stats!
Able to have a Turnstile (to request a viewer's contact info)
Can create a Call to Action
Easy to Embed in a Website
Affordable
Lots of areas to customize

Cons

Cannot really think of any cons. It would be great if it were more seamlessly integrated into GetDrip. Another thing that I see with my ScreenFlow (screen capture software for Mac), is that I can click "Publish To" and send the rendered video directly to YouTube and Vimeo. It'd save me time if I could also publish directly to Wistia.

Rebecca
Rebecca
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

A decent software for video marketing

Reviewed on 18/4/2021

Wistia was a great piece of software that let us store our videos for easy sharing with external parties. I also really liked being able to store a tutorial channel on it and customizing the landing page easily and aesthetically.

Pros

We originally subscribed to this because we needed something to store all the videos we were making. We wanted to be able to share videos in some of our email campaigns. We also wanted to house our tutorial channel somewhere and was able to create a nice landing page to go with it. It was relatively easy to use and learn!

Cons

The price was a bit steep for what we needed it for (eg. storing and sharing videos). Many other platforms would do the same job just fine and we actually ended up switching. However, I know that many organizations love to use Wistia! It was just too robust for what we needed it for.

Jacob
Jacob

Creating product videos is straightforward with Wistia

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Pros

The ease of use is commendable and you don't need to have any creative skills to get started with creating amazing videos using Wistia.

Cons

Customization options are very limited and if you are looking to incorporate your unique ideas, you might find yourself stuck and confused.

Samuel

Wistia Has Helped Our Business Manage Hundreds Of Videos Inside An Intuitive Platform

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Wistia lets our business manage videos and customize features to fit the aesthetic of each specific video.

Pros

Wistia lets you manage hundreds of videos with customizable features like video border color, gating content at the end of the video, and much more!

Cons

Some of the features like the gated content are only available on more expensive packages whereas they were complimentary when we first became customers.

Keith
Keith

Great tool for hosting and embedding video

Reviewed on 18/8/2018

Great all around tool and support center.

Great all around tool and support center.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. They make it really not technical, and give you the power to create amazing marketing videos.

Cons

Nothing much to dislike. Have been recent price increases. Wish there was more in-depth video editing.

Marlene
Marlene

I LOVE Wistia! It is the best tool for hosting videos.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Pros

We use Wistia to host any recorded meetings, webinars, or trainings, and then we take those videos and post them to our Hubspot landing pages. It is super easy to take our Wistia-hosted videos where ever we need them!

Cons

I wish I could control the default image that shows when a video is paused or not yet playing. I also wish it would track who watched your video somehow.

ANDREW
ANDREW
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good video reviewing software

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

Pros

Was great for getting notes from clients and internal notes on videos for a production company I worked for that specialized in educational videos. It was pretty easy to use and login and didn't have any issues with video playback.

Cons

The notes on the timeline could be easier to consolidate into a word doc later.

Great for an enrichment of user behaviour on video content

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

Overall - very positive!
it's a simple tool with a huge impact on the engagements of users.
so...

Overall - very positive!
it's a simple tool with a huge impact on the engagements of users.
so we're still using youtube videos for integrated traffic on the site whereas Wistia is used in a more strategic way on the site / landing pages and with deeper video content that relate to the later stages of the buying cycle to add scoring to the overall prospect.

Pros

1) using wistia to enrich the customer journey's data in understanding their overall engagement is really great. Wistia's API is really easy to use and integrates with other MA tools which allows you to get a better understanding of the scoring / engagement of a prospect in their overall buying cycle (while providing info such as watch time, play rate, engagement rate ...)

Cons

the design of the player is not fully customisable which is not always ideal for admins / marketers if you're trying for it to fit in a very slick way with your site / landing page

Vidyard

Gets a little Expensive

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Excellent for anyone with a video or production focused company that is looking to share there video with clients and get feedback from colleagues and clients.

Pros

Well designed interface, although since they updated the site seems a little less intuitive. You can upload a s much as you want without many restrictions. Its great for clients and colleagues to comment and review videos with time codes built into the comments section.

Cons

Sometimes can become a little pricy if you have a very large quantity of videos. Occasionally I have had a video not upload correctly and need re-uploading. Mobile app needs to be more intuitive. Lacks a few features that the website has.

Jawad

Wistia review

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Wistia allows us to create videos for our companies very easily

Wistia allows us to create videos for our companies very easily

Pros

For the creation of my corporate videos, I use Wistia and I've never been disappointed with them.

Cons

In fact, the software works very well without any difficulty or problem

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS TOOL

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

I absolutely love this tool and recommend it to other companies. This is a must-have tool for any company.

Pros

It integrates with Salesforce. It's a great way to know which leads are more likely to closing. We're able to see if they have watched our marketing videos. We are able to see which ones they have watched, how long they watched it for. I absolutely love this tool. I have no idea what we would without this tool.

• Used for 6-12 months

I manage a client existing Wistia account

Reviewed on 8/5/2020

The price simply does not make sense to me.
But since I am not the one paying for it, it is not a...

The price simply does not make sense to me.
But since I am not the one paying for it, it is not a concern.
If you can afford it, great - it is excellent quality software and video hosting.
My experience using it as an administrator is superb and have no complaints.

Pros

There is no doubt Wistia is super high-quality video hosting.

They have partnerships with course hosting companies such as Podia, of which I am a customer of.

All the features Wistia have are excellent, the quality is awesome. Embedding for example, is excellent.

Cons

Two things specifically:

I find the price a bit rich. $99/month for 10 videos. Yet, I am a Podia user and I get unlimited video hosting and it is the same player exactly (partnership). I see no point being with Wistia directly, although I love their service.

(b) What Podia does not offer with the Wistia player is customization within the player. That's the benefit of paying Wistia directly. However, I know that Wisita in-built player customization is not as good as Vidello in my opinion. Vidello is 9/10 for me, whereas Wistia is 8/10.

Archive all my multimedia files.

Reviewed on 9/2/2018

Pros

What I like the most about Wistia is that I can store the videos to a server in the cloud and I guarantee that the information is secure, it can not be downloaded by unauthorized sources.

Cons

What I like the least about Wistia is that they increased their costs by monthly stored content and there are no annual contracts.

William
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used for 1+ year

If you can afford it, A+

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

YouTube looks amateurish and has terrible stats. So that's out. Out of the available alternatives, Wistia, Vimeo, and self-hosted video rank highest. Vimeo for Business and Wistia are comparable, but Wistia is cleaner, has a better user interface, and, most importantly, claims to do much better at SEO. So if the price tag isn't a problem, go with Wistia. If not, check out Vimeo for Business or Vimeo Pro.

Cons

It's rather expensive for small businesses.
For people new to video, their newsletters are incredibly misleading. They love to post about how video doesn't have to be of a high quality, how you can use your webcam for things, etc. Some of their blog posts are great, but do please keep in mind that their business model is to get companies to upload as many videos as possible for any reason at all.

Benjamin
Benjamin
  • Industry: Events Services

Easy to Use, Share, and Store!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Pros

My company deals with storing hundreds of terabytes worth of video files. Wistia is a great way for us to share those files with our clients: it allows them to not only see the footage and collaborate, but download or frame for social media platforms. Wistia is easy to use for our clients and lets them get exactly what they're looking for. We can easily separate files by project and share them with the right people: in turn allowing for a short turn around time for delivering projects.

Cons

The limited file size can be irksome, as we always record our videos in RAW. So, we always have to convert and compress our footage before we can put it on Wistia. It's not a massive deal, but it does slow our process a little bit.

Justin

Wistia makes optimizing for conversion with video easier than any other solution I know of.

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Provided a better-looking and more user friendly interface for the user side. Tons of controls and customization options that marketers will love. It's integrations also work very well for us, including its integration with Hubspot.

Pros

I love its integration with our CRM, its turnstile forms, and its video customization options. It offers a complete marketing-ready interface and, I believe, promotes a better user experience than other solutions.

Cons

I wish I had some negative feedback here to make my review more balanced, but I really don't. They used to have some issues with latency when customizing videos, but that's be resolved for my use case for months and months now.

Bryan

Refreshing change from You Tube

Reviewed on 25/9/2018

We have an explainer video for each of our partners (over 100) and Wistia makes keeping track of these videos as well as sharing them extremely easy.

Pros

It is not only very easy to upload videos, but to manage and customize them as well. Nothing against You Tube because I use that as well but their user experience can be a bit overwhelming to someone using it for the first time.

Cons

You don't get a lot of uploads with the free version.

Ted

Great Company, getting better.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

Overall this is a great company to work with. Sometimes I wish they had some additional functionality, but they make up for any gaps with their customer support

Pros

Supports higher quality videos than YouTube and doesn't require the annoying social aspects of Vimeo. Videos work on all browsers and devices I've come across.

Cons

Really focused on videos only. Platafrom doesn't allow you to share other types of content very well.

• Industry: Research

Easy to Use. Could include more marketing capabilities.

Reviewed on 5/9/2017

Videos can be private and all in one place. Easy to edit videos and embed on our blog. We enjoy using Wistia on our marketing team!

Pros

Very easy to use. Customization tool edits quickly. Playlists and embedding work well. The ability to move videos around is helpful.

Cons

Limited storage. No GMail embedding (would love to have this). Price is a little high for the amount of storage you receive. It was a little difficult to know to move videos around at first, could have been a little more clear on certain aspects of that experience.

Hayley

Great solution for on-demand webinars & videos

Reviewed on 25/2/2022

Pros

The ability to quickly import videos and have them gated for customers. We use wisitia for our webinar recordings, and are easily able to customize each video and share throughout our marketing materials. We’re looking forward to trying out their new editing and on-demand landing page features!

Cons

No cons to mention! Wisita is a great solution for our video hosting.

Eric

Love creating video with Wistia

Reviewed on 7/9/2017

Pros

Just the best video software and platform, makes it easy to see the analytical aspects necessary to improve videos.

Cons

I wish that I could have the Wistia video people just do everything for us (e.g., filming and creating videos for us), so no cons.

Brandon
  • Industry: Design

How can you not love Wistia?

Reviewed on 22/4/2017

Wistia not only provides an amazing product, they are an amazing company. In addition to their fantastic video player with analytics, they provide a wide array of educational content for shooting your own videos.

If you've ever wondered if your visitors watched all of your video or what parts they found interesting, you've got to check out Wistia. They have an awesome free plan, so there's no barrier to trying things out.

Pros

- Fantastic video player.
- It's incredibly easy to setup a new video and add/remove whichever features you want.
- Great selection of resources for shooting your own videos.
- And the company is just fantastic. Lots of energy, fun, and smiles.