Slack

4.7 (22,787)
A single place for team communication and workflows

(22,787)

Charles
  • Industry: Media Production

Fast and Efficient Team Collaboration App every Company must have

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Feedback from the team is the overall experience of using it for collaboration is very smooth and good.

Pros

I like it a lot because there is practically zero learning curve. The platform is smooth and fast and the features are very intuitive. It is great for collaboration especially for remote team.

Cons

Except for some problems when uploading videos, there isn't much to complain about this app. I see some people complain that for the free plans, the storage size is too little. But entering into a paid plan isn't that costly either.

Missive, Mattermost and Zoho Cliq

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack is a much better app for our use case. And it is very easy for the team members to pick up and use easily without any problems.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Better features and cost efficiency is the main reasons we chose Slack over the rest.
Eli
  • Industry: Management Consulting

It's a great Communication tool and the pricing is fair!

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

We felt that we made the right move by switching to this pro tool. Our communications it's very effective, and there is no mistake in mixing private or personal communications. This helped our team to stay focused and always reply in business mode.

Pros

We are a marketing agency and have several types of contracts and clients who love fast communications and avoid long email threads. We cannot live without it.

Cons

We are glad that restrictions for free accounts were removed, which allow new adopters to get to know the tool better and incorporate it into their daily activities.

Workplace from Meta and Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Management was becoming chaotic.

Google Chat

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Because having an independent communication application with no need to have an opened browser tab was a great choice. Also, the versatility to move between workspaces is a must.
Nina

Slack is a good software, but does not bring something extra to the table.

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Overall, I'm happy with Slack. The tool does exactly what it is supposed to do and no more than that. I don't feel the urge to change, but if my colleagues feel the need to switch, then I don't mind either.

Pros

The best thing about Slack is its convenience. The tool is easily accessible from both desktop and mobile, and as a person that often works remotely, it is a plus that my chats are synced on all my devices. The tool is easy to integrate, and colleagues that are new to the software never have trouble using it

Cons

Something I personally don't like about the software is the following:In group chats, multiple topics are often discussed at the same time. When I want to reply to a specific thing my college mentions, it will be hidden under the phrase of this person, which makes it easy to overlook my response. In other communication software, show your comment along with the message you are replying to, making it easier not to overlook a message.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Experience after 3 years of useing Slack

Reviewed on 15/8/2022

Slack demonstrates a strong scientific link, particularly when used for internal company communication. Slack is also user-friendly, with an easy-to-use layout and a login interaction with LinkedIn. Furthermore, as compared to other programs, this application is quite light on computers and phones.

Pros

It is highly handy for this application to combine login with Linkin, which helps to improve connection possibilities while eliminating many redundant login processes. Also, because Slack is cross-platform (desktop, Android, and iOS), everyone in my firm can communicate with one another regardless of device. Furthermore, the possibility to connect to other storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub... Slack's free plan allows users to save up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the team, 5GB of storage, and connect up to 5 additional carrier services.

Cons

The storage of messages only takes place for a short time and it is necessary to update the paid application versions to use more features. This makes the free version quite limited and unpopular for long-term storage of information.

Redmine and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack presents more versatility than telegram and is easier to use.

Telegram

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I went through all the possible applications to find the most user-friendly channel in my software company. Done Slack clearly shows multi-app friendliness so I chose it.
Sarah
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Slack has become the easiest way to get in touch with your teammates.

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

There cannot be a better way to communicate among teams than Slack. Slack has made our lifes easier since we have been working from home remotely from different parts of the globe but stay unified and connected with the help of this tool. They also have a mobile app that lets you access all your chats and files on your phone. Its a great tool for every organization.

Pros

We have been using Slack for almost a year now and all our departments love it. It is a great way to catchup internally within teams or also coordinate with cross functional teams. We use slack for daily followups and project management and task tracking. The IT department of our organization also uses Slack for bug tracking and remote work. Team communication is now just a click away and we feel connected with Slack.

Cons

Slack has no issues or bugs that we have faced so far. Works like a charm.

monday.com

features and functionality

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack has better features and pricing compared to other competitors
Aryan
  • Industry: Entertainment

Asynchronous working simplified

Reviewed on 4/10/2022

It has helped me streamline and automate a lot of the flows that we would generally spend hours on. Slack has improved efficiency across departments and makes sure that I never miss out on any crucial updates. not only that, it is super useful for working remotely, which is the reality of our life!

Pros

The best part of using slack is the huge user base and the peer community that has solutions for any integration or problem you might face, ready to troubleshoot it. The platform is trustworthy and has a lot of essential features that let me focus on my business first.

Cons

The video-conferencing feature isn't the best and hence I have to pivot to using external software for any call or meeting I have to arrange.

Discord

Reasons for Switching to Slack

It is much more suited to business environments and their support team is much more proactive as well.
Raj

Ideal team management and communication software

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Pros

Slack allows collaboration with other team members by having different features like messaging, notifications, online meetings, etc. It allows team members to share files of different formats. The public and private channels help in coordinating with concerned members in a more efficient manner.

Cons

There is a limit to the number of messages that can be viewed in a channel. Sometimes notifications do not appear when a new message is received.

Joel
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Slack is perfect for cooperating with your team, for conversations and for creating groups

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

Pros

You can create groups per project or issues with all relevant people and you can share documents, images and everything really simple. There are icons and emojis which are funny and the notifications are very well integrated and help distinguish the important from the not relevant.

Cons

Video-calling and audio-calling are just not working well and slack for cell phone does not update really well and there are some conversations that you can miss.

David

Instant messaging for small/mid sized teams

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Pros

- Ease of use- Fast and resources-light- Modern UI- Free integrations (e.g. Pipedrive)

Cons

- Some minor problems with notifications on mobile

Satish
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Discussing about pros and cons with features.

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

I am using Slack for the last 3 years in my daily life. It helps in my daily usage of communicating with my firm colleagues and work partner. It helps me in different in this period like audio calls, messaging, and sharing documents and files. The magic link feature is amazing. I think only a few apps or software have these types of features.

Pros

I feel the most marvelous features in Slack are magic links, a separate channel, real-time messages, and notifications. Real-time messages and notification help to easily communicate with co-workers. Magic link is an easy way to access your account without email and password. It is faster as well and sometimes it is not necessary to remind email passwords. A separate channel is a secure way to access or have project discussions. It is also good in security ways by it have own URL to join its particular channel to those who are authorized. Due to this slack brings people together to work as one unified team

Cons

Slack is a messaging app for businesses. One thing about being dissatisfied with slack conversations get deleted after 14 days, so if we sent something important within a channel it will erase so this feature kept me having difficulties at some sort of times.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Slack

If I have to purchase a product besides slack, I will choose Microsoft. Because of Storage space, Microsoft teams have 1 TB of space in the basic package but slack has 1 TB in Enterprise. We have to agree that Microsoft has well storage than slack. And another reason is audio sound of Microsoft in a good n comparison to slack.
Jennifer

Great Tool For Organizing Communications

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

I cannot over emphasize the need for clear and consistent communications, especially when working with a team that is frequently spread out over a region. It keeps our flow and processes moving smoothly and makes it very simple to reach out and chat with one another through out the day. I feel like Slack is a valuable addition to our company.

Pros

The ability to customize channels and lock them for management conversations versus daily chatter has been an absolute blessing. This makes it so that our team knows where to go to result on their day, drop a marketing idea, or ask a question. The 'slack bot' is especially helpful in auto timing a nudge for sales results from the team or nudging managers to drop topics for the next meeting.

Cons

Integration was simple, setting up is easy. It's as natural as texting or using messenger. The channel lay out can look a little messy, I wish we could nest it down a little. Otherwise, I have no complaints. The free plan and the paid plans are fantastic - we have used both.

monday.com and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Google Workspaces, Meets and Chats feel scattered. The information is laid out like a computer desktop. Sterile and not intuitive at all. Slack is set up in a format that is similar to the messaging and emailing platforms we are already used to without a bunch of extras in the way. On top of this ease of use and adaptability, it remains simple. There are no extra features getting in the way, no constant upsells. It fills the need perfectly without slowing anyone down.
Amanda

The Best Communication Tool for Business & Also Easily Misused at an Organizational Level

Reviewed on 5/11/2022

Ultimately, I gave up Slack in my own organization and only use it when clients add me to their accounts. The ability to have task-related conversions in Asana is initially where I migrated my team off of Slack.

Pros

I love the immediacy of the tool. The ability to hash out a conversation entirely online, grouped by subject matter with the exact amount of people you need to be involved on a team. The price is a dream since there is full functionality with a free account as long as you don't need access to older files. When the Slack interface is set up well for an organization, it makes department-wide communication effortless.

Cons

Since each user tends to have different communication styles, organizations that don't create frameworks and guidelines around how their organization uses the tool devolve into chaos. I've had clients who have a beautifully streamlined tool that functions in a way that serves their business and other clients who have let the tool become a complete distraction to their workflows.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Collaboration tool that has enabled unicorns across the globe

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Indispensable tool that has made remote work a possibility across the globe.

Pros

I LOVE the digital workspace that Slack offers. I don't know how any company would be surviving in the pre-Slack era. Slack is extremely easy to use and has instant messaging, video calling, voice calling, screen sharing, file sharing and integration features that makes it a boss of professional digital workspaces of the remote future of work.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to not like about Slack today.

Google Chat, Pumble, Microsoft Teams and Flock

Reasons for Choosing Slack

No product beats Slack in professional collaboration at scale.

WhatsApp and Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Engineering team loves Slack.
Caitlyn
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Team Communication Software For Anyone Just Starting out

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

My overall experience with Slack has been alright. I loved the communication features and the fact that it was perfect for my team and I when we were just starting out. It really gave me the power to start my team even though I didn't really have the budget for a centralized communication software for my business at the time. The ability to coordinate and communicate with me team in real-time, as well as guest freelancers and others was great. It served us very well for the time that we used it. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is looking to get started using a multi-person communication software for their team. If you are looking for something that is geared more towards focusing on tasks and project management as well as communication, I would recommend looking into something different.

Pros

The great thing about Slack is, first of all, it has multiple pricing plans. Especially, the fact that its first pricing plan is completely free. So it is great for anyone who is just starting a team, whether it be for a start-up for either a non-profit or a business. You have the ability to share files, communicate in real-time, receive real-time notifications, and communicate with multiple people at once. As well as do some small project management functions.

Cons

The only shortcomings I would say Slack has, is the fact that they are obviously a software that is mainly built for the purposes of communication between people in real-time. More like a glorified messenger app. So the file sharing, collaboration, and other project management features leave somethings to be desired.

Basecamp, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Slack

GroupMe was just a text messaging app and we needed something capable of doing more.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

We decided to choose Slack because they had a Free option to start. So, I felt like they were the best and most accessible option for someone in position who was just starting out.
Richard

One of the best essential tools for many departments

Reviewed on 4/10/2022

Pros

Being able to control channels by managing team members on each channel is helpful. It also lets us connect with external slack (companies) and easily communicate with third-party companies with ease. Switching between organizations is a breeze. I can be able to open up multiple slack apps throughout many computer systems with the same credentials is also a huge plus.

Cons

I have not found one yet. All the features are quite satisfactory.

Asana

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Asana was more project management-oriented, and overall, it was more complicated to use for many of our existing employees.
Andy
  • Industry: Defense & Space

The reason tasks get done

Reviewed on 26/9/2022

I use Slack to manage a High School Robotics team, it is very easy to add, remove, or move members to or from specific channels. We have separate channels for every sub team including Electrical, Design, Software, Scouting, and Strategy. I also use slack as a member of the University of Michigan Rocketry Team (MASA). We use Slack as our main communication source, with over 900 total members on the team, and around 100 active students. This is all done on the free version of Slack, which although has its limits, it proved to be essential in a high stakes project like a 20ft tall rocket. Most clubs I've joined use Slack as their main communication source, so it must be good.

Pros

Slack allows the project teams I'm apart of, the ability to manage their workforce and knowledge. This is usually by communicating issues and meeting notes in a Slack message, which can be discussed in detail in a thread or different channel to maintain the virtual workspace clean. The best part is that anyone on the team will acknowledge the message, but they can choose to dive deeper into the topics addressed in the message if they want to through the use of channels or threads. This helps us manage the levels of interest on the team, something that other software wouldn't have allowed us to do.

Cons

There aren't any restrictions on censorship or age that could be applied to specific channels or members. I have no way of ensuring that other students don't post inappropriate messages or pictures without other students seeing them first. I'm not sure what this restriction could look like, but it's a concern because I'm not monitoring the channels 24/7. Another concern is that anyone can view any channel, whether they have joined it or not. This makes it difficult to communicate information for example, between two teams on the same slack.

Leha
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Slack: The Bridge Connecting Colleagues With Effective Communication

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

While Slack is not extra-ordinary, it certainly is reliable. Its quick communication is the most attractive thing about it. If the problems are fixed, then it can do so much better.

Pros

Slack is a holistic platform which allows to integrate with other office tools and spaces. The best part about it is that one doesn't have to check their mails often. When your workplace is virtually available on Slack, 24*7 updates are available on a simple notification. With detailed notification settings, one can also choose to appear offline/away after office hours. Another good thing about it is, Slack is neither too personal nor to formal. You can chat/reach out to any member of the company at any time without having to worry if you are disturbing someone or being too informal in doing so. The reminders for meetings and special events eliminate the need to mark them personally on a calendar. All in all, Slack is the ultimate interface every organisation needs.

Cons

One of the things that needs improvement is the audio-visual quality of the video call service of Slack. That really needs working. Apart from this, Slack can be a little confusing with many channels that one has to navigate through. Channels are like sub-groups within one common platform. Too many channels can sometimes create confusion and miscommunication. Another problem would be its limitation of working smoothly only on the app. It often runs roughly on Chrome or any other browser.

Google Chat and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack has better space for user interaction.
Ilan
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Slack Review

Reviewed on 1/9/2022

Slack has been a go-to team meeting and chat platform at different positions and also during communal club spaces for organizations, such as the graphic design organization AIGA, which I frequent within my local design community. I haven't had any major issues with it thus far ans can easily recommend it. Being a business-focused chat space it also does not have silly loading messages like Discord which I've also used and which also worked well, but felt a bit unprofessional at times.

Pros

Slack is an easy to navigate, light on hardware platform to facilitate teamwork. You won't need a top of the line computer to run it so even in remote work conditions you will reliably have it available. There are not excessive features to get lost in or particular issues finding your team meetings constantly, a code to the overall Slack channel is sufficent.

As opposed to other productsused for video conferences such as Zoom, everything is built in on Slack for "one stop shopping" using the program. It allows for image uploads and other useful tools such as split channels for specific tasks like designating a set of crew members to a task in a server,

Cons

The user interface is readable but slightly bland with the entire white color scheme. It's not strictly necessary but it can be difficult to only look at that color scheme for when you use it, other programs like Discord have variability.

Mona
  • Industry: Law Practice

The best option for chat and communication

Reviewed on 3/9/2022

This experience has been very satisfying with minor hiccups.
Slack is the best option for chat and communication in a work environment.
I'm the office manager for a law practice.
I'm handling files that shouldn't be sent through unencrypted SMS or social media, clients won't be happy with us if the entire world finds out they've filed for bankruptcy.
Slack is very similar to those, it's just better structured and more secure to use for work.
It couldn't be more convenient or any easier. I open Slack and I literally have everything in front of me. Tap once or twice and I'm in the right discussion, another tap and I'm looking at my co-workers face to face.

Pros

Slack couldn't be easier to use, I had mastered everything in a few minutes. There are several levels of communication. The first is Slack as a whole, then channels or topics, comment threads inside the channels, and direct or private messages. Video conferences or Slack huddles couldn't be easier and they're started and kept within Slack. Audio and Video clips can be sent in place of holding a real time meeting and watched at any time.
This is very secure.

Cons

If Slack isn't kept in check all of the channels can get overwhelming and hard to keep up with. I have to make sure unused channels get deleted or moved.
I think the price is a bit ridiculous and the version you get for free is a huge step down from the Slack pro version. Slack pro is on sale frequently but the promotions usually only last 90 days and can only be used once.
The other problem is the messages not being saved. We've all been really irritated with that at some point.

Google Chat

Reasons for Choosing Slack

We were all frustrated with both. Functionality was poor.

Zoom Meetings and Office Chat

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack provides more and is more productive
Jared Allen

Reviewed on 18/8/2022

Generally, experience is very useful and helped in sorting out the group correspondence quite well. Professionals: The best thing about slack is group cooperation and correspondence. The gathering and classifications in view of the subject are very great and help in the isolation of content in light of need. Also, it is very organized and easy to communicate especially in posting in thread.

Pros

Slack assists you with talking and communicating with specific individuals and groups inside your association or different associations with Slack rapidly. It likewise allows you to track all that individuals have said about a thought so you can look by catchphrase for a particular thought. I love it. I use it consistently, and you might actually say it's the collective conscience for the association. It's such a ton lighter than an email client, and I want to do my help tickets with different associations with it(honestly, there's likely an application for it out there). This leads me to another incredible point; Slack is perfect for rapidly imparting thoughts and coordinating a few applications. Pretty soon, the association between SF and Slack will improve, I'm certain. Your association needs Slack in the event that it can manage the cost of it. It is priceless for diminishing the time it takes to team up and use aggregate insight.

Cons

Allow me to begin by saying you're likely not going to find anything better than Slack. These reactions are enhancements to the item I think ought to be made however are in no way, shape, or form a legitimization for why you shouldn't utilize this. Email is killing your business by making you and your group sit around idly. My one test with any undertaking application is that it can get somewhat hard to figure even to design every one of those settings(email is more awful at this than Slack). I wish that settings were suggested in view of the use of highlights inside the application. Kindly assist me with figuring out how to involve Slack in additional useful ways. Kindly don't make me swim through help articles and directions. All things considered, put the button to switch the setting in a pop-around directly in the center of my work process or in a notice on Slackbot so I can roll out the improvement there and see the reason why it will assist me with being more useful. Warnings are difficult to make due, however, they're getting better at that. Simply realize I'm suffocating and would cherish a component worked in that offered the response to FAQs by utilizing some ML(apps that do this are too costly on the API to be worth the effort). I'm a well-informed authority and get pinged with a lot of DMs and's in channels that basically have similar responses. Assist me with volume so I as a solitary individual can help more individuals. Some something to think about. Also, they

Deneb

Pretty great way to connect with your team

Reviewed on 24/8/2022

I really enjoy using Slack to connect with various groups and individuals I need to interact with both inside and outside of my work organization. Adding additional connections outside of my organization is easy and then gives me access to all work-related communications inside the app I already use for work communications. Very convenient!

Pros

It's easy to set up new workspaces, and once they're set up you have an easy way to connect with all the people you work with simply and in either a synchronous or asynchronous way. This is especially helpful when connecting with people from multiple timezones.

Cons

Video calls are pretty resource-intensive so it's sometimes hard to do such things as share your screen to demonstrate a problem you're working on. Furthermore, those controls always get in the way of what you're trying to do. It would be nice if they could be minimized into a floating button, or something, that you could move out of the way until you needed them.

Maurice
  • Industry: Management Consulting

This App doesn't Slack

Reviewed on 24/8/2022

Slack presented me with a simple solution to the communications challenges that come with project and office management. I started using it initially to manage an office, while in my early years of running a small office. We could streamline communications, tag persons who needed to get into a conversation, and we used their threading features to ensure that we could manage different conversations, all at once.

That beat the use of Blackberry Messenger which we had been using earlier. When Whatsapp came on the scene, and people suggested we use that, it beat it by far as well.

Slack was the best at keeping us on track, and it eventually allowed us to search channels which meant that we could now go back to previous discussions to help to keep track of things. Those two features sold me on the platform.

I'll admit, when Microsoft 365 launched Teams, I ventured away from the hallowed halls of Slack, much to the chagrin of many. The thing is, I've passed the stage when I could stomach moving from platform to platform, login to login, bill to bill to assemble the best combination of everything.

That aside, one needs to acknowledge that the Microsoft apps aren't the best in most of their fields (except Office), but they are pretty good.

In this area, Slack is the best. They may have named it Slack, but they do not Slack at all.

Pros

Slack is best-in class for project communications, and keeping your communications on course. They innovated in creating the platform, and while others may do well with one part or the other, they are the real macoy. All others are just trying to copy them.

Cons

While their api opens Slack up to combine with other platforms, I really wish they had more native features.

Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack is just the best at what it does. Hands down.

WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Let it be known, if you need the best communications platform for your project. Don't look further than Slack. While others may have good middle of the road features, Slack does its job the best.
Piotr

Slack - business communicator for everyone

Reviewed on 23/8/2022

I was using Slack in various companies throughout my career and I have to admit it is the best business communicator I was using. Its design is intuitive and incredibly easy to use. During Video Conferencing the video is usually clear, the same as the voice. Messages and updates are delivered immediately. Some useful features like reacting to messages, a three-dot icon indicating that someone is writing, screen drawing during screen-sharing, or custom emotes make communication faster and more personal. There are also, a lot of additional plugins that allow different actions inside the app. Real-time notifications from external tools (like Jenkins), the possibility to create Jira tickets directly from Slack, or reading documents from Google Drive are only some of the options. The application can be tailored to the needs of different companies, so it can handle different tasks depending on the company.
The only flaw I can think of is the fact that Slack can become pricy the more users are using it. Because of that, some firms can seek a cheaper alternative.
All in all, Slack is the best communicator I was working with. Its ease of use with a lot of functionalities made my work communication easier, enjoyable, and more personal than any other tool I was using.

Pros

Intuitive design.
Easy to use.
Great mobile version.
A number of features and plugins.
Possibilities of customization.

Cons

For some smaller companies, the price can be too high.

Álvaro

The chat app for developer teams that is a pleasure to use, when connection issues don't...

Reviewed on 17/8/2022

Slack is the de facto chat app for developer teams. Although with some rough edges here and there, with Slack we were able to easily integrate existing and custom solutions that helped us better keep track of what is happening in the team and with the projects.

Huddles are also a great way to communicate, as we were able to talk with the team any time, making our workflow and sharing experiences easy.

Pros

The interface is easy to use. Everything is laid out in 2 to 3 columns: the sidebar with all the channels and contacts, the main chat column and an optional third column for viewing threads. This way, you can always focus on what you/other are trying to tell. The message box is a pleasure to use, as it allows writing formatted messages easily; and sharing files is as easy as drag and drop.

Threads, although I was a bit against it at first, help branch some conversations so you or your team can add details without breaking the main conversation.

Huddles are also a great way to real time communication. They allow teams to communicate easily, like we were in a room in the same place, where anyone can join and leave at any time, without depending on others.

Finally, the API is powerful. Although a bit complex at times, integrating custom apps and workflows allows expanding the knowledge of the team at any given point in time greatly.

Also, the music that plays when waiting alone in a huddle is a good bonus.

Cons

Communicating outside messages is a little bit confusing sometimes. Slack has two features, huddles and calls. Huddles are for quick audio communication while calls are regular calls with video support. Both (sometimes) do their job well, however, it is confusing when to use one or another, as both have overlapping features but implemented in different ways.

Connection to Slack servers are also an issue. Calls suddenly drop or audio lags heavily, messages take a lot of time to send, and the macOS version sometimes hangs without response, forcing the user to forcefully exit.

Finally, forwarding and sharing messages with other teammates is sometimes complex, as there are two ways to do this, and both don't work when you expected to.

Rhonda

Multifaceted Messaging

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

Some employees are not in the facility for most or all of the day. Slack helps me monitor everyone and is a way for us talk throughout the day. Employees working together or in rotation use slack to stay in touch too. In the morning we get everyone in a quick video conference to plan for the day and update. It's worked well.

Pros

I can create message channels and control or monitor who is in each, settings can be changed to public or private. Individuals can message privately too. I like how the channels are displayed I can find any of them quickly. Video calls can be created without leaving the messages screen. I can usually see and hear everyone clearly.
Links open in the app and when I send photos and videos all load quickly.

Cons

All of the messages aren't saved and I wasn't able to find a way to change the setting. I have had to save folders full of screenshots incase important messages get deleted.
More value for money and less taken out of the lower price tiers would make Slack better too.

Flock

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Microsoft teams was included in 365 but not easy to use. Mattermost is very similar to slack but just not nearly as good.

Mattermost and Microsoft Teams