Zenefits

784 Software options

Mihyen V.

Zenefits is great!

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Working with Zenefits over the last several years has been great and I would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

The integration process and imputing al employee information is very easy.

Cons

All aspects of the software are very easy to use. Being able to contact a direct person for issues is slightly lacking.

Jai B.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Zenefits is the perfect platform to manage your payroll, benefits, 401k, and HR for small...

Reviewed on 28/9/2021

Pros

Zenefits is the perfect platform for any small to medium size business. I am an entrepreneur and Zenefits has allowed me to manage payroll, benefits, 401k, and HR from one user friendly platform. Their customer service is amazing, and I love the peace of mind of having there HR experts in my corner for any employee related issues. I have now used them for about 7 years with three different companies and I don't plan on going anywhere. Did I mention they also make all your payroll taxes for you? Well, they do, and I love it :)

Cons

I would love if Zenefits would not only take deductions but have a feature to stop the deduction once the entire amount is collected. Currently I have to turn off the deduction once is met.

Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Zenefits

We needed more services that QB didn't provide.
Brooks B.

Incredibly happy users

Reviewed on 11/8/2020

Overall experience with Zenefits has been very good and we would highly recommend.

Pros

Zenefits is very to use and the onboarding process is a breeze.

Cons

Zenefits reporting has gotten better, but still has some room for improvement. Additionally, they could do a better job with year-end comp process/reporting.

Gusto and Workday HCM

Gusto and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Zenefits

Most comprehensive product with good pricing. Confident they would offer add-on product that we would want.
Tracy I.
  • Industry: Market Research

Long time user of Zenefits

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Overall it's been super positive. Mistakes are always made, but Zenefits tries to rectify and solve problems instead of throwing their hands up and saying it's too hard.

Pros

What makes Zenefits most valuable to our business is the ease of onboarding new people and providing a 1 stop place for my HR department that is completely in the cloud and no need for reams of paper to be wasted. The PTO calendar and tracking is invaluable as well.

Cons

Zenefits started as a Benefits company with an HR platform, but has pivoted to providing Payroll as it's core business with the other add-ons. There is still some room for improvement on the payroll side and how to handle the customer service side of this.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Love hate relationship

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Listen, I'd still recommend them. I use the app almost daily, I log on at least a few times a week. It's a necessary tool in our belt and I'd be sad to lose them.

Pros

Ok, so it's great that Zenefits centralizes all of your HR needs into one system. It's certainly easier than logging into individual insurance sites. I like that the app loads quickly and can quickly give me info on my commuter benefits balance or show me my insurance info. It's also very easy to log personal days. And it's nice seeing the structure of the company within the website -- it's great for transparency.

Cons

Sometimes the zenefits team can't answer your question -- especially when it comes to insurance brouhaha. I nearly had a meltdown this past summer when my insurance company INSISTED I wasn't covered, but zenefits insisted that I was. No one would speak to each other, and only after a month of emails and calls was it ironed out. I can't say that this is zenefits' fault -- but it was annoying how deeply unhelpful they were.

Robyn W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Zenefits was the first HRIS system my small company used (100 employee)

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Worth taking a look at.

Pros

User friendly for both HR and employees (self-serve) --easy and intuitive to use. Incredibly easy to create customized reports off using almost any data point(s). Smooth automated benefits enrollment process. Responsive customer service and great online help tools. System doesn't go down and is fast enough to keep up with our needs.

Cons

Zenefits is still 'young' and getting its act together. Used to be free until last year and they are still evolving their pricing structure, so they may end up being too expensive for our small company. Considerable personnel turnover in past 2 years and change in how they manage some functions (for instance, they now outsource benefits management to a 3rd party company instead of managing benefits inhouse and I am not overly impressed with the current benefits mgmt. group). Limited paid time off functionality (system only allows tracking of one paid time off process and my company has 2 discrete time off policies).

Chris M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy and affordable

Reviewed on 29/5/2020

Have been on this platform for 3 plus years. The software is always improving and new features are being introduced

Pros

Everything is cohesive and easy to learn and use.

Cons

Would like more pdf print options to be available

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Choosing Zenefits

Wanted to try the new kid on the block

ADP Vantage HCM

Cost and value
Kathleen T.
  • Industry: Printing

Very Poor Customer Support

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

Very frustrating and a lot of time wasted.

Pros

Ease of use is good and Digital app for the employees is very helpful. Saves HR time in updating information because employees can do it themselves from their phone app.

Cons

Very poor customer support. Limited update and communication. I have open cases that are still open. Account rep is very nice but there's nothing he can do. If I talk to a live technical rep, they often give varying opinions, so it's confusing. Uploading renewal of Benefits package too cumbersome and I have been asking for someone to walk me through and I never got any response. They close the case when it's even resolved. After sales support is really very bad and that's where it's most needed.

Deb J.

Zenefits! I love having everything in one place.

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

Overall, we are very pleased with the software.

Pros

I love having everything in one place. This saves time and money in so many ways.

Cons

Lengthy customer service wait times. THis is my only frustration with Zenefits at this point.

Overall I think the HRIS is a wonderful product. I do wish that benefit forms were easier to...

Reviewed on 13/4/2018

Pros

Enrollment is simple, I like having one place for Associates to have most all their information, like their personal profile with contact information. We are remote company and have associates all over the nation. I think having paid time off in Zenefits is such a pro.
It's very easy for me to see who has time off coming up for scheduling.
It's nice housing our life insurance information as part of our offerings as well.

Cons

More options to upload documents like spreadsheet for tracking expenses for employees. We also have a company sponsored dental program and I wish I could enter that information in Zenefits as well.
Would love to have all my information for my company avail in ZF for employees.

I am a huge fan of Zenefits. Their software is easy to use and makes HR management easy.

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Increased efficiency and makes HR management easy--no paperwork and everything is managed electronically. I'm a huge fan.

Pros

Before I joined MAX, I did not know software like Zenefits existed. This software is intuitive, easy to use and makes employee onboarding, separation and benefits management easy to do. It completely eliminates the mounds of paper that I used to accumulate for new hires and employees. In fact, I liked it so much that I recommended it to my former employer and they are now using it as well. I also had an incredible Benefits Advisor who always seems to have an ability to answer my crazy questions with efficiency and extreme patience.

Cons

While many things about Zenefits are absolutely amazing, the benefits we currently have (we are a small company) are probably not the best option for our employee base, size and age. I believe that the change Zenefits has made to focus on software and outsource benefits to OneDigital may resolve this challenge. And we have also grown, so that should help with pricing as well.

Liv M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Save yourself time and money!

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Horrible! I don't even know where to begin. Customer service is a joke. Promises not kept, reps telling you that they have 300+ messages in their inbox so you should wait.

They have so many shady practices that it is hard for me to not call it a scam. Like not updating your employee numbers before they charge you a full year of service. We were charged more that double of what we should have paid and they now won't refund!

They promised a 3 week setup period and here we are 7 months later not being able to use their payroll services. Thanks but no thanks.

Pros

Nothing! It looked good, it was presented good.

Cons

Do not let the sales rep convince you and save yourself thousands of nonrefundable dollars!

PayFocus

Reasons for Choosing Zenefits

Thought bringing all services under one product would be easier, more efficient for us.

PayFocus

Reasons for Switching to Zenefits

Response from Zenefits

Good afternoon Liz,
I am sorry to hear that your experience with Zenefits was less than satisfactory. Although not perfect, we are purposeful. Our goal is to provide each customer an experience we can take pride in.
We will use your feedback to create better training, a better user experience, and a better overall product.
We wish you well.

Sarah H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Zenefits is a good starting point

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Zenefits was a great solution for my company when we were 1 - 60 people. Once things got complex, I feel like it made more sense to move to an HRIS where employment information was easier to track and update. However, for the cost and functionality, it definitely helped our company at an early stage.

Pros

- easy to use UI
- straight forward
- gets everything you need done
- completes background checks and a place for all employee information

Cons

- not super robost
- the customer service is helpful for quick things but anything in depth they take a few days to get back to you
- not supportive once you get over 100 employees (better off hiring a full-time HR person to manage all the stuff zenefits does)

• Industry: Consumer Services

Interactive HR and Payroll

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Takes the burden off doing taxes' mumbo jumbos.

Pros

It's fun to use. Very modern and user-intuitive. It also has HR supports and does our Taxes (UI and Quarterly reports, etc)

Cons

It could reduce some steps taken to complete payrolls. For example, when i approve the Time & Attendance app, it does not take me to the payroll app to hasve the payperiod submitted.

Laura B.

Lots of Potential but Customer Service is Abysmal

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Zenefits is fine until you have an issue and need a human being to walk you through something. You will sit on hold for literally hours until a rep answers. This has been my experience on multiple occasions. They are not good at heading off issues either. In January 2021 there was an issue where hours were not porting to payroll and payroll was due that day. As a user, I kept thinking what am I doing wrong, sat on hold for 3+ hours waiting for a rep, figured out a workaround only to find out it was a system issue. A simple email to administrators with the information and workaround would have saved me hours of work. Another current example is I have an employee who entered his SSN incorrectly into the system and now has a W2 that is incorrect. Customer Service has sent two form emails but zero information on what needs to be done and the timeline. Very frustrating to work with Zenefits especially when you have an issue that is time sensitive.

Pros

I like that I can keep my HR in one place online and the general onboarding of certain positions in our company with the template is easy and straightforward.

Cons

Time and Attendance is clunky to use accurately. There is an app for employees to clock in but it's easy for mistakes to occur. Onboarding is clunky too if you want to send an offer letter that is not part of a template and still have the new hire, say a manager with a negotiated salary, sign online.

• Industry: Entertainment

Zenefits has been invaluable to me as an HR tool.

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

It's the main HR hub for me. I was able to scrap 90% of my spreadsheets AND paper files once we made the switch. It's easy to use for both admin and employees, and their features are ever-expanding.

Cons

I'd be hard-pressed to find much that I do not like, but if I had to choose, I would say I'd like to add medical info and time and attendance to employee profiles much like PTO and documents are available from the profiles, rather than having to go to the medical section/time and attendance and select the employee in question.

Zack T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Fantastic product inexpensively priced with lots of a la carte add ons

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

The cost was much cheaper than continuing on with a PEO as we grew.

Cons

It's just always a little challenging getting to know new software.

Max W.

Highly recommend Zenefits

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

Zenefits has been very helpful for our company. With over 100 employees, Zenefits helps reduce confusion with time keeping, insurance benefits and PTO. It eliminates unnecessary conversations with payroll and HR because all information is available in one easy-to-use application. I would recommend Zenefits to anyone on the fence and needing a great HR solution

Pros

The features that I find most beneficial are the employee onboarding as well as the time keeping features. It provides a transparency to employees that eliminates any confusion on hours worked and PTO that is available or used.

Cons

I would like the insurance card to be directly downloadable from this app.

Donna H.

Zenefits us primarily in benefits administration, onboarding e-paperwork, and ACA reporting.

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

ACA Reporting, benefits administration, and electronic onboarding.

Pros

The apps are are very organized and "user friendly". Customer support has improved significantly in the past year. It is a pro that there are multiple HR functions electronically administered. It has made many HR functions in my company more efficient which allows us to focus on strategic goals and other areas. Zenefits assist us mostly in ACA reporting, e-paperwork for onboarding, limited compliance assistance, basic data reporting, and PTO administration. It has transition our new hire paperwork to e-files. Speaking from a small company of 65, it is a helpful product to keep data stored, electronic onboarding, PTO, and ACA Reporting.

Cons

Zenefits charges by certain App usage. For example, administering FSA or HSA via Zenefits will charge a fee per enrollees in addition to the number of employee per month. We are hoping for their Benchmark app from HR Compliance to provide more data that we can use to create customized reports. I believe that the benchmark data can definitely be improved. I would like to learn more about how this product can be used as a company's "Employer Intranet Portal" website or assist the company in "employee performance or management" function.

Hannah B.

Best Payroll System

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Pros

With close to 300 employees, running payroll is quite the task, but Zenefits makes it software is very user friendly so inputting and uploading all the information is a breeze. I love that all the deductions, contributions, taxes, etc are all calculated automatically and and are monitored for adjustments after every pay run. Also, having the "full service" option for them to take care of our unemployment insurance - including those out of state is wonderful.

Cons

Some modules don't have access to all employee related information which requires backtracking.

Keta J.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Zenefits Review

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Overall, my experience has been wonderful with Zenefits. It has been life changing to help me organize my small business and it's HR needs.

Pros

Zenefits is very easy to customize for your specific needs. They are very knowledgeable and make sure you follow all federal and state guidelines. I also love using them for payroll.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to reach customer service if you have issues with finding something on the software.

Ziyad M.

Great HR software, payroll software, and more

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Pros

The payroll service is really neat and intuitive. The idea that I can run additional payruns at no additional cost is a really neat bonus

Cons

I thought not having a dedicated rep would be a problem, but when I request a call, they have been extremely helpful

Samantha E.

Makes HR easier on a one HR Manager company

Reviewed on 17/1/2019

Customer support has greatly improved in the last two years as it seems they have found their niche in being an HR platform and not a benefits engine. They have a great culture and it shows in their product, which is inspiring

Pros

Interface is simple to navigate and find what you are looking for.

Cons

Reporting features could be improved- it is something I see Zenefits working on, but I still end up having to massage the reports in excel to get what I need.

Lisa D.

Excellent UX - Lacks on the service provided

Reviewed on 21/9/2018

Pros

The platform itself is incredibly easy to use. The time off feature was extremely valuable and appreciated by employees. Open Enrollment via the platform was easy for the employee and running reports was incredibly efficient. Overall, the platform was well made and well managed.

Cons

The payroll "integration" was never accurate so we couldn't rely on it. The service that Zenefits provided, from a Customer Service standpoint, was unreliable. We always had issues, whether it be random deletion of employees from our benefits, adding dependents randomly to our benefits, an agent assuring us something was taken care of and finding it was not, being provided incorrect info, taking long periods of time to correct errors, getting different answers from different reps, etc..., we could not rely on their service. We had to duplicate our efforts so frequently that the "automated" service Zenefits provided was irrelevant. Also, while the data migration was provided in a bulk download, we were missing documents and had to reactivate our account multiple times to retrieve missing documents. Nowadays, local insurance brokers are providing robust services with Open Enrollment platforms that integrate with most systems - Zenefits and the headache of their customer service doesn't provide value any longer.

Jessica L.

Easy to use and administratively very helpful

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Zenefits frees up administrative time for me. It allows me to easily hire someone and or terminate someone. It also produces some easily accessible and easy to read reports that are important to my HR practice.

Pros

The employees can go in and make their own administrative changes such as, direct deposit and/or tax changes.

I also like the hiring process. Again, from an administrative point of view, it really streamlines the process for me.

Cons

it is sometimes hard to find how to make changes. I don't like not being able to call ONE particular person if I have issues.