Buddy Punch Reviews

4.7/5

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Reviewed on 9/7/2018

Pros

Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous.
Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Cons

Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

Katie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

User friendly time tracking with geofence/GPS accountability

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

BP has been extremely accessible for customer service and have been open to suggestions for improvements/additional services. They have steadily grown over the last several years, offering more and more helpful services and integration with other programs. BP was also extremely accommodating during Covid shutdowns, allowing us to freeze our account in good faith that we would pick up where we left off as soon as we were able.

Pros

Very easy for employees and administrators alike to track time and edit if necessary. Provides accountability for our employees with the location settings such as GPS/Geofence. Provides a variety of reports that are helpful. Provides our employees with mobility--we can send them to any job site, and they have the ability to punch in/out.

Cons

Would like a report that provides a daily snapshot, chronologically, of who punched in/out and at what time. If this exact report exists, I have not been able to find it.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

It was more cost effective and much easier to contact for help.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Katie for the review and kind words, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS/geofencing features. We do take pride in our customer service, and I am glad it is showing! We appreciate your business!

Sean

As an owner, I don't have any problems with Buddy Punch, but my employees have several...

Reviewed on 5/5/2018

Pros

It makes it easy for me to view and edit time cards as needed. I also like how I can create different categories for employees to clock in under.

Cons

My employees have a terrible time with Buddy Punch. The app does not work on a couple of their phones. When they do punch in on the computer, the buttons don't function like they're supposed to. For instance, they try to punch in and edit time, but it just punches them in and doesn't allow them to edit their time. It has also automatically punched an employee out five minutes after punching in (they did not punch out).

Response from Buddy Punch

Hello Sean, I'm glad that we've been easy for you to use. I'm sorry to hear that your employees are having problems but thank you for the feedback. We have 2 features that will automatically punch an employee out. We can split shifts at midnight, which keeps time within each day, and we have a maximum hour in a shift. This will automatically punch an employee out as well. Sorry for any confusion on these features. We appreciate your business.

Shawnea
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

We Love Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

We will always use buddy punch, It works for Us.

We will always use buddy punch, It works for Us.

Pros

We like that its easy to use and very convenient. It's nice to be able to pull time & take time off, from the use of your mobile phone.

Cons

I don't like the pop-ups. When you try to go into the settings, it's hard to navigate what you can control on the pop-up messages.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your feedback, Shawnea! We're thrilled that you find Buddy Punch convenient and user-friendly, especially when using it on your mobile. Your satisfaction with our service is our top priority. Thanks again!

Wendy
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Helpful and Useful

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

We have only been using this software since 1-1-2022 and for the most part it have been very useful for everything that I have need it to do for me. If we need help or have a question [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been able to reach out to our contact person and they have been very helpful.

Pros

I can see at any point and time when an employee punchedin or out daily, payroll period, monthly total hours etc.

Cons

I really wish under reports that I can pull a report such as when did each employee start working for the company. To be able to pull a report showing each employee with other HIS reporting information that is used for various information

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

Out dated and we were using a couple different systems to do what we can with Buddy Punch. Your software was very user friendly and easy to learn and set up.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

we looked at 4 other systems as well. I have personally worked with ADP Workforce(would not work for our needs), WorkDay (not user friendly), ADP could not track driver and other projects that we were looking for. You gave the option of several ways of tracking our field employees if need be such and satellite per stop, per driver etc.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Wendy, it is great to hear that you're finding us helpful and useful. We appreciate the 10 out of 10 rating and your business!

Anne
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 24/4/2023

Very pleased with Buddy Punch and am happy that we made the switch!

Very pleased with Buddy Punch and am happy that we made the switch!

Pros

Buddy Punch has made it easy for our practice since we expanded and now have staff in remote locations including staff that work from home. It's user-friendly and makes the supervisors'/managers' jobs easy when it comes to approving timecards! Payroll report is easy and it works with SurePayroll which is out payroll company.

Cons

I wish the phone app can delete auto punchouts. Currently, we have to log in to the online platform in order to do so.

SurePayroll

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

It had limitations and wasn't working well for staff that were working remotely.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

It appeared to be easier to use and more user-friendly.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Anne for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us user-friendly. I'm also glad to hear that our integration with SurePayroll is helpful too. We appreciate your business!

Nikki
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Best time clock we have ever had!!!

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

Pros

Ease of use. Also, if an employee does not punch out we are notified. The Geofence is great.

Cons

Nothing at this time, it has everything we need.

Response from Buddy Punch

Nikki, thank you for your glowing feedback! We're thrilled to hear that our time clock has met your needs, especially with features like geofencing and missed punch-out notifications. Your satisfaction means a lot to us. Thanks for choosing Buddy Punch!

Lindsey
  • Industry: Utilities

user friendly

Reviewed on 25/8/2023

so far easy and great to use.

so far easy and great to use.

Pros

i love the mobile access feature, the geo fencing feature, and simple to punch in and out.

Cons

so far i have not seen anything that has been unhelpful or a "con"

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lindsey for the review! It is great that you are finding us user-friendly and you are making use of our mobile apps and geofencing option.

Francis Dienver
  • Industry: Online Media

Buddy punch helps a lot

Reviewed on 23/1/2024

Pros

Buddy punch is good because of its Accessibility and easy use

Cons

Nothing at the moment, because its easy to use.

Response from Buddy Punch

It's great to know that Buddy Punch is working well for you, Francis Dienver, especially in terms of accessibility and simplicity. We're here to make time tracking as easy as possible. Thanks for your feedback and for being with us!

Kim

Helps me Kepp My Team Accountable

Reviewed on 30/1/2024

Me and my team are very pleased with Buddy Punch!

Me and my team are very pleased with Buddy Punch!

Pros

This is such an easy portal to navigate. It is very intuitive and it saves me time!

Cons

That it's all or nothing. I'd like to be able to segment the employees so that I only see the ones who report to me. Right now, I see every team member who is clocking in and clocking out, which clogs up my inbox.

Response from Buddy Punch

Hey Kim, it's awesome to hear you're finding Buddy Punch so easy and intuitive to use – and even better that it's saving you time! Thrilled to know you and your team are loving it. Thanks a ton for the feedback!

Tara

Great Product!

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Buddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!

Pros

The software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.

Cons

I appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

When I Work

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

We needed a product that tracked PTO as well as had a punching time clock feature. Integration with QB was the additional bonus.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

PTO tracking function worked the way we needed it to and it was a better price point.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!

Cathie
  • Industry: Insurance

Buddy Punch is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

Our experience has been phenomenal.

Our experience has been phenomenal.

Pros

I like the fact that the support staff is very willing to try to accommodate requests that we have.

Cons

I would like it if we could put Exempt employees on the system, just to track PTO.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Cathie for the review and kind words! We always try to help with support, even if we don't offer a feature we try to find a way to accomplish what you are looking to do. In regards to employees just tracking time off, they can do that too - there isn't a requirement to track time. We'll reach out with more details, thanks again!

Ana
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

I am a fan

Reviewed on 7/6/2022

Pros

I really like that it tracks and accrues PTO & holiday hours. I don't have to ask anyone what my PTO balance is! I think its smart to be able to add a schedule if you happen to work the same amount of hours each day - much easier to add. I also like that I can add a comment or note of some sort, if needed.

Cons

I feel like there are some visual layout aspects that could be improved - or at least offered as a setting option. For example, I a m a visual person - I would love it if I could select a calendar view for seeing what I have entered for the month already. But I realized not everyone would like that layout, hence the suggestion for an optional setting to change the type of view.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ana for the review, it is great to hear that you're a fan! We appreciate the feedback as well. Please reach out if you ever have any questions.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Accounting

Best scheduling/time tracking app on the market in Canada

Reviewed on 23/9/2022

Cannot say enough about their support. Even if the product was not as amazing as it is, I would highly recommend Buddy Punch due to the unbelievable support!

Pros

Support for users and product development is top notch. Best support ever experienced.

Cons

Kiosk punching is great, but the additional step to submit the kiosk timecard is time consuming for the supervisor/managers.

ClockShark

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

The other product didn't properly track PTO and the reports were not sufficient to manage the HR component of staffing. Late/missed punch ins were not available. Online access for managers wasn't available.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

The support and wiki documentation available. Flexible PTO creation and tracking.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Tiffany for the review and kind words! Whenever we develop new features we keep ease-of-use at the top of our minds, but also know how important it is to have fast and knowledgeable support. It is great to hear that it shows. We appreciate your business!

Mia

Easy and simple to use

Reviewed on 25/3/2020

This program does exactly what i want it do. I needed a simple time keeping app where i could customize things to suit each employee and I found it. They haven't had any issues minus forgetting to clock in or out but those are easy fixes.
If i have any questions i just use the messaging center and someone is always quick to respond and they have always been able to solve the problem or clarify something i may not Have understood.

Pros

The ability to control what employees are able todo like adding time that was forgotten some employees require an approval so i am able to confirm they're where bouts prior to approval. Its very easy for me to go in and add or fix employees time.
I also like that i can turn the gps tracker on and off.
I like the ability to track where employees are Because prior to this app we had an employee who was being dishonest about where they were and it cost is money when it came to billing customer.

Cons

Wish i could print all the time sheets for the employees at once instead of having to individually print each employees time card from excel.
Its a Minor inconvenience but ot would save time

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Mia for the review! It is great to hear you are making use of our GPS and time editing features. We do have a report that can batch all time cards together in PDF format called our Employee Detail report. I will reach out to you. Thanks again!

Josh
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good Product

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Pros

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Mike

How good is buddypunch?

Reviewed on 10/9/2016

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood.

Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching...

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood.

Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs.

Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button.

They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time.
Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site.

There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.

Pros

Good design

Intuitive

Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Cons

People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Domanic
  • Industry: Law Practice

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Pros

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Cons

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Rafael
  • Industry: Hospitality

Payroll Time Savior

Reviewed on 4/8/2016

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

Pros

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Cons

None

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Alex
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Simply the BEST in the industry -

Reviewed on 19/4/2023

Pros

Buddy Punch is incredibly user friendly, easy to navigate, and has all the right tools and more for every day on-site or remote operations. Their customer support is second to NONE - always super responsive and knowledgeable while providing BEYOND this world stellar customer service. Regardless of industry - Buddy Punch is a great and reliable tool to improve efficiency and productivity.

Cons

The mobile experience could benefit from adding features only available on the browser and there are some reporting metrics that are missing but these are all minor items as the platform is very incredibly solid overall.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Alex for the review and kind words about our support team. We really do try to make it best in class and we're happy to hear that it shows! We appreciate your business!

Ashley

Easy Enough

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

I like the location aspect, reporting could be improved, but overall, it functions and I like being able to see where employees are when they punch in/out.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that it allows my employees to allocate their time to different locations which improves Job Costing Accuracy. I would like it if it were easier to log more than one location for the day without having to actually clock out.

Cons

I dislike that we continually have issues with people not being able to clock out. They try, but it doesn't work. I've looked over the settings and everything. Also, it would be great if I could print all of the individuals reports without going in and selecting, then deselecting, and selecting a new employee. Basically, I would like to print each employees time card on it's own page at the click of a button.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review Ashley, it is great to hear that we're easy to use. Also thanks for the feedback, we do have a report that should meet your needs, it is called our Employee Detail Report, and it lists each employee on a new page. Also we're happy to help troubleshoot any issues your employees are having with punching out. I am going to reach out to you in a separate email and in app message, we'll get to the bottom of it. Thank you again.

Dawn
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Buddy Punch is a helpful tool in the time keeping system.

Reviewed on 28/8/2023

My experience has been good.

My experience has been good.

Pros

For people who are computer literate it is very user friendly.

Cons

If an employee punches in an incorrect time or date, they cannot change it themselves.If an employee is computer illiterate, they have more problems handling the program.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Dawn for the review, it is great to hear that your experience has been good and your users have found us user-friendly. We do have the option to enable editing for employees, which can involve an approval process. This way employees can request edits if they make a mistake. We will reach out with further information, thanks again!

Pamela

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Great platform and Customer service.

Great platform and Customer service.

Pros

Customer Service - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] assistance is AWESOME

Cons

Cannot add a new hirer in the system on a day when PTO accruals is applied. So if new employee comes on board I have to wait until after

ADP TotalSource

Cost & Service

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Pamela, it is great to hear that our customer service has been awesome! In regards to the PTO accrual balance - you can optionally always manually increase/decrease a balance as needed. Thanks again!

Lindsey
  • Industry: Public Safety

L. Bruce

Reviewed on 25/3/2019

My employees love this system since they do not have to come to the building to login. We are a Police Department and sometimes they need to respond to a call and cannot come in to clock in until later. On the previous system we used the Officer would have to fill out paperwork explaining why they did not clock in. Now they can clock in when they get to the call location or if they forget they can punch in later and adjust the time and write a short reason why they had to adjust the time. This helps decrease paperwork and helps the employee.

Pros

I like Buddy Punch because it is web based and the app is also a plus. Easy to access and a great way to keep up with time and PTO.

Cons

My least favorite part is that it is sometimes hard to navigate if you are in a hurry. You have to go back to screens once you enter information. If you have to enter information on an employee several times you have to either hit the back arrow or search for their information again to proceed with the entry.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lindsey for the review, it's great to hear that your employees are loving Buddy Punch! Also thanks for the feedback, I'll message you to see what area you are referring to as you shouldn't have to hit back or search for an employee again after entering information. Thanks again!

Henry
  • Industry: Warehousing

Our partner Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 28/6/2022

Our experience here for the time keeping and personal/vacation/holiday time keeping has been seamless and very easy and quick to learn.

Pros

The interaction with the the different sections is seamless once a person learns all the processes that relate to time in and time off. Having the availability of the calendar option makes keeping up with personal time very simple. The features that allow changes to time and scheduling are made simple and are quick and easy to perform.

Cons

Integration with our payroll service could be easier and more user friendly

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Henry for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us simple and easy to use. I'm glad that our Time Off tracking feature is working out well for your business.