Cin7 Core Reviews

OrderHive ROCKS!! Easiest integration flow I have come across

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

IN LOVE..will recommend.

IN LOVE..will recommend.

Pros

integration and chat help. pricing and easy of setup

Cons

pros are not always super responsive cs time and onboarding calls can be challenging because not native english speakers - but totally doable.

Warwick
  • Industry: Fishery

Daily user of Dear

Reviewed on 5/5/2023

Overall Dear is meeting our needs when connected to Xero. It meets our day to day inventory needs however would be much better if it was a more complete accounting & inventory package.

Pros

Dear was straight forward and reasonably easy to set up. It is good for our daily transaction, inventory management, and handles multiple warehouses and foreign currency well.

Cons

Features that could be improved are: visibility of stock on hand and sell price whilst in inventory, instead one has to either drill down on each stock item or go to reports. A general ledger section that has P & L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, etc would also be more user friendly- instead of going to reports.

Sage Intacct

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Changed from Evolution as wanted a simpler, more user friendly, cloud based package. Preferred Dear over Unleashed due to better GL for inventory

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

I could setup Dear myself, I was advised Intacct would require costly support to setup.
Kara
  • Industry: Farming

It was DEAR to me until it wasn't

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

We discovered a technical glitch that caused severe bloat to our database that was seemingly stemming from DEAR. We approached the DEAR team leader with the matter. Rather than accepting responsibility and assuring us that he would provide the customer service that was necessary, he did not. He instead brought attention to other aspects of the integration. After three months of pain, and moving to a new web hosting environment, and being down for 24 hours and up and down for a total of 3 months, a technical team was able to isolate the issue as being related to DEAR, and for the last 48 hours I have still not heard back from the DEAR tech LEAD on a fix, or with any offer of any kind to help us get back up and running the way that we are supposed to be. We are trying to trouble-shoot without any answers coming from the DEAR development team. I have never seen anything this lacking in terms of customer service in my 30 years of business. I am disappointed and expected more from the tech LEAD and DEAR customer service.

Pros

I created a requirements document of what we needed in an Inventory Management System and DEAR met all of them. I was so excited to find such a robust and affordable software solution in the cloud that hit all of my notes in my small indie maker business.

Cons

It was very very difficult for us to try and implement this product on our own. We hired an outside DEAR consultant. We spent $10K in consulting fees to get up and running. It took just about 8-9 months with a FTE almost completely focused 3/4 time and problems with the integration started just about the same time that we were up and running. Though we did not realize our problems with our web site were related to DEAR. We experienced outages and slowness on our site and were directed to take matters up with our hosting company. They reset and tuned our database-- and still we experienced slow performance. Because there are many moving parts-- and several outside vendors-- each pointing to each other--- it was this long, painful, expensive journey before we arrived right back to DEAR with the performance issues stemming from their API.

Anton
  • Industry: Cosmetics

DEAR Systems step to the future!

Reviewed on 6/6/2022

Still getting used to the DEAR system, however, if compare with other inventory systems we used before, I must say DEAR is the answer, so far very happy! It’s all there, just need a bit of time to learn how to navigate around. Selling on Amazon & eBay? No problem..... (once everything is set up correctly) DEAR will do all your daily routine for you. Using an eCommerce website (in our case it's WooCommerce), it’s all there! We are still in process of integration/switching from Quickbooks desktop however, after only 1 month of using DEAR (plenty of step by step, how to use information online and very straightforward YouTube videos, which will answer most of your questions (how to?) on daily routine of most of the businesses. Special thank you to the support team, for being very helpful, straight to the point answers with plenty of information provided to understand and learn ….. bravo!

Pros

Xero & Dear system user (new user experience).
Everything you need to manage warehouse inventory!
Detailed Inventory information, Order process flow, purchasing order management, stock control, eCommerce website eBay/Amazon integration, - easy to use once you get used to it.
Helpful support team, and plenty of information provided to understand and learn DEAR systems.

Cons

Takes some time to know the DEAR systems (navigate) due to many features.
I guess we need to use DEAR systems for some time to get a better understanding and therefore, give a revised review of experience and possible Cons we might have.

Quickbooks Desktop service termination in the UK from 2023

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Inventory management - stock control - plenty of features to use now or in the future. Amazon-ebay-ecommerce integration. Daily order routine progress, overall DAER systems feels pleasant to use
Samantha
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A must have for any product based business

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

Pros

I use OrderHive to as my inventory and order management app. It keeps track of everything I have on hand, orders I have coming in (from Etsy, Amazon, Shopify, etc.), and I can input my own orders from sales reps or wholesale accounts. I can then print packing slips, send invoices, input inventory I have coming in,, and much more! The support is very quick and helpful though I haven't needed much help since it runs smoothly. I highly recommend this app to keep track of all you have going on.

Cons

I was previously using an order management software that sold, so I was fairly familiar with how they work, I needed some help getting a few things set up, but it was smooth sailing after that.

Katana Cloud Inventory and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

StitchLabs sold and was no longer offered

Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Orderhive was recommended to me by a Shopify developer who has many clients needing multi-channel management. It seemed the best fit, the best price, and the had the best support.
Heather
  • Industry: Building Materials

DEAR is Perfect for the Growing Business

Reviewed on 1/2/2022

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the OnBoarding team and he was awesome! My implementation took a VERY LONG time due to our business being so busy. He was so patient and would contact me every 3 weeks or so to see how things were progressing. He took so much time to go over the product with me and my coworkers multiple times. He answered MANY LONG emails from me with tons of questions. He was always pleasant, happy, so helpful, and in my opinion the greatest secret weapon that DEAR has!! Now that my implementation is complete (thanks to him) I feel like I have lost a friend. He has assured me that the Support team are just as awesome and helpful as he has been - but I don't believe anyone will ever be as amazing as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

Pros

I LOVE the fact that I can invoice before receiving the inventory physically. We work with an overseas company and their business practice is to invoice once the product leaves their hands, however accepting their invoice made my inventory way off in QBO. So glad to be able to maintain what the true physical inventory is and not have to try to keep up with the travelling inventory too.

Cons

The feature I would like the least is the CRM. I was really hoping that it would work for our sales team and that they would be able to have access to the inventory information easily. However, the CRM lacked a lot of the capabilities that our sales managers were looking for to help with managing their teams.

Justin

System Implementation

Reviewed on 2/5/2023

We just had our Go-Live a couple days ago and we haven't had any significant issues with the overall system.[sensitive content hidden] our Implementation Manager was great to work with, she was very helpful and fast to respond to any questions or issues that we had during the setup.

Pros

I like the ability to import purchase orders via CSV.

Cons

We would like more user permission controls in the POS app. We wish the Cash Management screen's cash balance wasn't visible to all users of the till.

Odoo, NetSuite and Vend

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

EPOS has major issues with their purchase order modules and inventory management capabilities.

Epos Now

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

DEAR checked most of the boxes we needed for inventory management. The speed of implementation was also a big factor for us compared to the other products we looked at.
Arturo

Good Linnworks alternative

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

I believe this software have potential to grow and become very reliable.
Whilst there have been...

I believe this software have potential to grow and become very reliable.
Whilst there have been some issues and downtime with the FTP integrations, the support team and their developpers have always been very quick to fix them and improve them with additional features

The overall customer support has been exceptional

As a company using Amazon, FBA, Shopify, Ebay, WooCommerce and wholesale sharing the same stock and syncing it from our ERP, it really works

Pros

It does all we need to integrate it with our ERP via FTP import / export XML

Cons

FTP xml order export every 1 hour minimum might not be enough for some ERP integrations that need to sync orders and shared committed stock faster accross multiple channels.

Decreasing the 1 hour window to 15 min ( like Linnworks ) would make a great difference

Access Mintsoft, ShipStation, ChannelGrabber and Linnworks

Unjustifiable price increase

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

- Amazon FBA integrations for NL, US, SE that other alternatives did not offer - Competitive pricing
Philip

Cin7 Excellent Inventory Management

Reviewed on 11/7/2023

Very easy to setup and use and excellent support when needed

Very easy to setup and use and excellent support when needed

Pros

Ease of use and almost instant access to support when required

Cons

No mobile app - it’s not easy to use the system in a browser on a phone

MYOB Advanced Business

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Value for money. But in hindsight, it’s also much easier to use, updates are reliable and it just works. Plus the support is first class. It’s what I’d expect from a cloud based system.
Rob
Rob

Poor Customer Support, Poor functionality, Still being ignored

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Worst experience I've had in the 15 years of using online software.

Worst experience I've had in the 15 years of using online software.

Pros

They sold me on the inventory management system. it sounded great in the presentation. And went down hill from there

Cons

It's been 5 months and I am still in the onboarding process. I have asked for a refudn several time only to be ignored. I even wrote to [sensitive content hidden] who never responded.

• Industry: Wholesale

A shot in the arm every business needs

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

Pros

Cloud .... Cloud .... Cloud - This cannot be understated in the world we currently live.

The support is amazing - its on what's app for goodness sake, can't get much better than that.

The UI is very clean and intuitive.

The integrations save loads of time and money.

Plus all the bog standard features you expect from an ERP system but will actually use because dear is easy to use - the amount of times I hear ' we can do that in SAP but there were too many technical issues so it was never implemented' you don't get that with Dear and if you need help its there for you.

Cons

It is unable to negotiate a UK-AU free trade deal - Dear please work on that ;)

There is not much I can put in this box that dear isn't aware of and attempting to address in earnest.

The dear academy will address the difficulty of onboarding new employees that aren't used to ERP systems.

Unleashed

Covid 19

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Your never going to get a software that 100% fits with your current business processes but the fact you have a software provider that actively looks to improve and seeks criticism (its not always a bad word) then publishes its roadmap on addressing gaps, is pragmatism in action. Supported (and well documented) API access can plug any holes in dears offering.

Response from Cin7

Hello Luke,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We continually thrive to do our very best to serve our customers. If you would like to master DEAR we do have a DEAR Academy (https://academy.dearsystems.com/) which will help you become an Inventory Pro.

Please feel free to contact us via email ([email protected]) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807) if you have any questions or concerns.

DEAR Team.

Adam

Can't Keep Up and Help is Slow and Unspcialised

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Frustrating, unsatisfying and I have real worries about the ability for the software to keep up with my business as it grows

We have encountered issues with apps/software due to our large influx of traffic and orders in a short period of time (we receive 50% of our monthly sales in a few hours) but they have provided solutions (for instance SLoyalty provides us with increased bandwidth during the busy 3-4 hours of the month and we have avoided all issues) - can this be done with DEAR? We can provide you with data on the exact time, traffic numbers, units sold for the time. We need a solution to this!!

We are happy to pay more money for this, I just cant run my company with a concern that our inventory system cant keep up with our demand!

Pros

Quite easy to implement
Syncs nicely with our current cloud based software
Interesting/complex reporting

Cons

The over promising, and under delivering of the software. simply, it doesn't do what it claims!

The inventory is not live with Shopify (during launches there is always a lag, causing major headaches for our team and requires a lot of manual adjustments) - we were promised that based on our volume this would not happen, but it does. And it happens every month, for the past 18+ months

Inability to get the specialist help when we need it. We are always given help by a customer service member, not a technician, which slows down our ability to fix the problem. I understand that you need to protect the technicians time from dealing with simple problems, but we do not receive prompt service or the respect that we know what we are talking about!

We need a quicker escalation procedure to get help more urgently

Technicians only work from the afternoon (we are located in Melbourne) so when urgency issues crop up in the morning, we have to wait most of the working day to fix them

b2b portal is not very robust, we have had a lot of issues with this

the fixed provided by DEAR are not log term fixes, they don't fix the root of the problem, but fix it for the moment, but then issues crop up again and we are in the same position.

Response from Cin7

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken your feedback and improved our Shopify integration. We can now handle large volume of orders (including Shopify Plus accounts) & we have rolled out a new functionality called "Shopify Order Import Retry". Occasionally, during order syncing from Spotify, some sales are not created on the DEAR end. Previously there was no way for a DEAR user to be notified of these failed orders. DEAR developers have now implemented an auto-retry function for sales orders which have not been created in DEAR but are valid sales orders on Shopify (https://dearsystems.com/new-release-12th-april-2020-)

Recently we have done a lot of improvement on the B2B section. You can read more about it & some of the latest releases we have done by visiting our release note section (https://dearsystems.com/release-notes/)

Cameron
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Looking good so far

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

While still working inside a trial version, in preparation for cutting over from our current system and going live with Dear, I have been pestering the Support team on a daily basis for a few weeks now as I work through the finer points of the system. The Dear support structure is good - well structured with quick response times to questions, Was particularly pleased that one support person (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) went the the degree to create and send me a custom video demo of the system aspect I was trying to understand that was hard to explain in text. I also found the published Video Tutorials and support pages helpful.

Pros

While thinking, as a Distributor, we have 'out-of-the-box' requirements for managing our inventory and processes around it, the exercise of evaluating our idiosyncrasies in order to go shopping for a new IM system has taught me that there's possibly not the absolute perfect system for any business, but the Dear system is beating the rest as it ticks most of the boxes on my wish-list for an inventory management system. For a complex system it's relatively intuitive and seems to be built with real world functionality in mind. In addition to my list of specific features, I was looking for a system that could automate as much of our manual tasks and work flows as possible - reduce the amount of data entry required and minimise opportunities for human error. Compared to other systems reviewed, Dear excels in this area.

Cons

Possible just a COVID thing ...or just a modern day thing, but I remember the days when; if you were looking at making a big commitment to something as important at the system that would manage all your inventory and link to your financials, someone would sit down with you and work through your specifics, helping you evaluate their offering as the right purchase decision for you to make. These days, it's "down load a free version and have a play". I've probably reached the sames decision based on the latter, but it's definitely taken up a lot more of my time to do so. Granted, phone calls and screen sharing sessions are on offer, but I find the time-limited sessions, working with generic databases etc. less beneficially that the old fashioned way. Not a short coming of the Dear System itself and every software company may have the same M.O, but perhaps an opportunity for Dear to differentiate themselves from the masses and win more fans - and quickly?

Response from Cin7

Hello Cameron,
I am glad that DEAR has met your expectations in terms of being an out of the box solution.
We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in our customers daily business & we do put a lot of thought into to how to make DEAR user friendly and automate most of your business processors.
To help our customer setup DEAR faster, we do offer an onboarding & training (https://dearsystems.com/onboarding-and-training/); where we help all our customers to make the transition smoother. If your interested you can book a call with us and one of your Customer Success agents will get in touch with you - https://calendly.com/dear-systems/20-minute-call

BY
  • Industry: Wholesale

We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years and this one incident made us really disappointed.

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

Pros

Dearsystem is mostly diy so its easy to implement quick fixes/changes when necessary.

Cons

- No AR ageing report even though we use this software for payments recording
- We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years now. I recently tried to add an additional external integration but the integration page simply refreshed without connecting to the external software and without any error message whatsoever (possibly a bug). Thinking that it could be because i didnt had sufficient external integration licenses in my subscription, i went ahead to pay for an additional external integration. However, the same issue reoccurred which prompted me to contact support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support reached out and we managed to resolve the issue. However, in the process, i found out that not only did i already have an extra external integration license which i've been paying for months without using before the add on, i also paid for the add on license when i tried to troubleshoot this issue on my own. I followed up with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to request for a credit of the additional unused license to my account (not refund) to offset future subscription charges but my multiple requests were turned down even though [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the management understood my position. Effectively, we've been unknowingly paying for an extra license which we did not use and now that i've added on 1 more license, DEAR is perfectly ok with keeping the extra payment from us, again, for something we do not use. I feel that the company is being really unfair to customers.

Response from Cin7

Hello Tan,

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue you had by contacting support.

Over time, we have improved the software as well as the infrastructure to provide a comparative advantage;High-performance/available servers, High performance/available individual database, Fast/high-available storage
Fast services (to run tasks, reports, etc.).

You are on a grandfather plan ($100 base) which is no longer offered. We allocate the same server/services to all our customers on the new plan ($249) & great grandfather plan. The $100 base is not enough to cover the infrastructure cost, but we continue to provide the same level of service because you have been with us.

I listened to the call you had with our CSM (#211344) where you have stated you wanted to "try it out". When you pay & use an integration, we instantly allocate all resources. This means that you have already consumed it & I am afraid we cannot refund something which you have consumed.

Regards,

Amar
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Avoid to save time and pain with poor support

Reviewed on 10/3/2023

Poor to say the least. They cant support their own product properly and fail on a number of levels to come back to you to solve your issue.

Pros

Integrations were very good - its easy to use but when more complex things are required you will run into major issues. Not for businesses that handle a large number of orders/products

Cons

Its not often that I take to Social media to complain but Cin7 Orderhive deserve a very special shout out for the lack of Support to their customers.They offer a 20x7 Support offering yet find themselves off for days and not responding (March 6th till 9th) there was no support whatsoever. No communication to advise that there will be no support, which in any case is shocking given that they are a global SaaS provider. Often they are off during their countries National Holidays (where they are based) and have zero contingency in place, so not a true 20x7 support.This is not the first time that we have had issues, senior Managers make promises, Dipan Gajjar but deliver no change.We have waited for 4 days to get a simple FTP integration resolved. After being off for 3 days they now fail to respond to our emails or messages surrounding other issues.Issues such as:- Stock values not updating correctly- FTP integration not functioning- Not responding for days- Support team lack of product knowledge (we have had to teach them what their platform can do!)- Raise tickets for issues but do not resolveThe impact this has on our business is detrimental and as we all know changing ERP platforms takes time and planning.So yes we will be moving, and given their impeccable track record I doubt they will take any action about our issues.However I hope post helps provide other potential users of this platform get a true and clear picture of how appalling their support is .

Linnworks
Cole
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Poor Experiences

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there.

Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday.

Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address.

Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well.

TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from Cin7

Hello Cole,
Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected.
One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing.
DEAR Team.

DEAR Systems, much more than an inventory plugin!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Pros

// DEAR SYSTEMS DOES

+ Manage inventory with different sales channels
+ Send PO/Invoices/Quote/.../... with customisable template
+ Auto assemblies
+ Bundles
+ Issues to production
+ Sync to accounting software
+ Handles goods in transit, FX gain or Loss etc
+ They are working on a reseller portal
+ They are working on a POS
+ Chat support is knowledgeable and they really try to help you

Cons

They have a forum where users can chat together and upvote functionalities requests.

- They are totally absent from that forum, they say they scan it to update their roadmap but they won't engage in the conversation at all.

- Functionalities are added too fast without feedback from their users.

They really need to work on their communication with their active users.

Response from Cin7

Dear François,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that mostly everything is going well with DEAR. Would like to address your concern with forum activity and explain a little further the process.

The user feature requests work on an up-voting system. When our business analysts review suggestions they look at the ones that have been up voted the most by users. We then need to do market research to see potentially how many businesses this feature would be applicable to and if changes are made we need to make sure that existing users do not get affected by these changes.

When a suggestion is accepted the status will change to Planned. Once it is scheduled for development it will appear on our development roadmap with an ETA. When we start implementing it the status will change on the forum to In Progress. Once we finish the status will change to Implemented.

We'd like to develop every feature we are asked for and we do have to prioritise the work we undertake. We will always measure the demand for certain features, both through our forum and other industry sources.

Some links below to pages that will help understand what has been done recently and where we are heading.

Release notes - http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/

Development Roadmap -

Best Regards

Kurt

Great software platform for inventory management

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

DEAR is phenomenal for a user that is willing to put in the time to discover it.

If PMs had more...

If PMs had more of a security / controls / data audit background , and implemented processes to address those weaknesses , it could potentially become a solution for businesses of all sizes, not just SMBs.

Pros

1- Customer support is on point, probably the best i've ever interacted with. They clearly understand that this is not a word processor, and have built a world-class support service around the software.
2- SaaS is not buggy at all
3- Their devs are constantly rolling out updates
4- DEAR has good, nonbuggy integrations with almost every major app in its market niche.
5- DEAR has succeeded in making a product that is relatively easy to use in what is an otherwise complex piece of software, and has deep complexity

Cons

1-Documentation is weak in several non-core modules and functionality. For example, security features don't really have an instruction manual, or if it exists, it is not immediately obvious where that lives, thus leave people having to contact CS.

2- Some features are not really implemented thoughtfully and are more of an horizontal revenue expansion than actually thinking of customer pain points. Example - the notification module could be SO MUCH more, but it has weaknesses like it won't report on stock transfers completed, etc.

3- The overall platform is not hardened against stupid errors. There is no "audit your customer's data" logic in DEAR. Platform assumes user inputs are always right and there are no early warning(s) across the board when users are making obvious mistakes, such as when POs receive impossible / wrong amounts, SKUs, etc. The feedback for "error" popups, is only is given when it is too late.

Nick
Nick

The best cloud-based Inventory Management option for SMEs

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

As a consultant implementing DEAR Inventory for a wide range of SMEs, we have solved an innumerable amount of problems along the way. From Batch tracking, to serial number tracking, integrations with online stores, accounting, shipping, reporting and forecasting, etc, it is all there.

The team at DEAR are generally very quick to respond and offer assistance, and the users are given the power to request and vote on new features to be implemented. The subscription pricing is also at a point where it represents huge value for money.

Pros

As a cloud integration consultant working with SMEs in Adelaide and interstate to solve inventory management issues by implementing the right software, DEAR has proven again and again to be the leading choice for these businesses and is now our recommended choice as an implementation specialist.

DEAR has the functionality to provide a central solution to any SME looking to sell online or instore across a number of channels, and manage all the inventory in one place.The integration with Xero is top notch and the most robust I've seen of almost any app that connects to Xero.

The integrations to eCommerce channels are consistent in their setup and options and allow a great deal of flexibility. Complementing these integrations are shipping service integrations that allow for a full suite of inter-connected apps with DEAR as the hub.

Cons

If I had a gripe, it would be around some minor inconsistencies within the UI across various parts of the software, as well as some minor inconsistencies with various reports that are available.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

DEAR is essential to the way we manage our inventory. Lacking some features we need but has...

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

Pros

Being able to integrate with a number of eCommerce platforms is huge. Support usually replies fast (especially for simpler questions and help). Also the way in which we're able to manage thousands of products over multiple locations is fantastic. Some aspects of DEAR are very intuitive and easy to use. It allows one portal for looking at sales, product orders, inventory storage and movements, basic product history. The reports on the dashboard help us see inventory and financials at a glance. They've also recently expanded, allowing more than 20,000 SKUs at a time in the system!

Cons

Because DEAR is used by so many and works with so many different platforms, integration between it and other platforms (we use Shopify) are not always seamless. A feature that works great with one may make another way more difficult to use. On that note, customizing your DEAR account to make it exactly what you need is rather difficult. We often have to find workarounds to ongoing problems that may seem basic to many. And while customer support is friendly and often fast to respond, it's very easy for misunderstandings to occur. As well, new feature requests often don't get acknowledged if they don't fit into DEAR's current plans.

One thing that would be great could be a separation for those who need DEAR just to locate products, vs those who actually need to access all of the parts of DEAR that can change products, sales, locations... We've had a number of mix-ups where inexperienced people made changes that couldn't be undone due to the nature of the software.

Lots of features for the price - great support

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Pros

Earlier this year we implemented DEAR inventory in our manufacturing company in Indonesia. The key reason we chose DEAR was the functionality. We have been searching for an inventory management system with manufacturing functionality for a very long time and couldn't understand why it was so difficult to find a system that dealt with what we felt were really core/ basic requirements without looking at customisation. DEAR seems to cover almost everything we need and is working on developing the programme for what it doesn't currently.

The other key reason was the responsiveness of DEAR to queries. I am still waiting for replies from a competitor to my requests to ask a few questions when we were looking at different systems. We had good help getting it set up. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

There are some limitations with templates - invoices, packing slips etc. - when dealing with a currency that uses a decimal place as a thousand separator instead of a comma. It also doesnt have the ability to track batches through multiple assemblies which limits the value of the production reports we can get.

Response from Cin7

Dear Graeme,

Thank you for the review we are happy to hear that everything is going well.

Just addressing some of the cons, we use microsoft mailmerge so templates are very customisable. We have a complimentary service for paying customers where we can assist with template customisation at no additional cost so feel free to send us your templates to [email protected].

Regarding the tracking of batches through sub-assemblies please check the 'Lot Recall' report which will show you every single finished good that contained a particular batched or serialised product that you searched for all the way through to who you sold it to and which supplier you brought it from.

Best Regards

Derek

It does not exactly suit our business model,compared to other software in the market it was...

Reviewed on 20/6/2018

Pros

The fact that it can be accessed from anywhere and that the information available is reasonably accurate

Cons

We transfer stock between locations on a daily basis eg. receipts, transfer to work in progress, then assembly and then to finished goods in more than one location and then it gets sold. when looking at a stock movement report of Raw Material, all that I want to know is receipts + stock on hand-assembly = Stock on Hand. The inventory totals in inventory do not balance with the Trial balance figures as the trial balance picks up transfers as many as three times. So the Raw Material and Finished Goods are never correct in Dear and because of Synchronisation in Xero.
second point is the introduction of the Advanced Purchase Module and discontinuation of cloning without any prior warning and with no video training module available. I have so far been unable to use that module and am working with the simple purchases module, keeping it in draft, and manually adjusting stock levels when receiving stock. I then use a new Simple Purchase to deal with the supplier invoice. Ideally, the system should be able to tell me what stock is required, but the is no correlation between Assembly and Inventory. We use about 8 to 9 different Raw Materials in different quantities to produce our finished goods, so you can understand how frustrating this all is.

DEAR from the Eyes of a Cloud Solutions Reseller

Reviewed on 20/4/2022

DEAR Systems is a great tool to manage your business' operations and reaching out customers via different sales channels such as POS for Retail, Back-End Sales as a Corporate Level, Ecommerce & a B2B portal.

Pros

<> Strong Integration with POS
<> Click & Collect from POS Sales Orders created on the Back-End
<> Bulk List / Catalogue - Very easy to List/Unlist Products on POS or Ecommerce
<> Useful Shopify Integration Features
<> Many Costing Methods to suit a lot of different types of products
<> Strong Activity Log & History of Products, Customers & Suppliers
<> Assemblies
<> Manipulation of Documents & Email Templates is great to have even though it can take a while to get it right

Cons

<> Jump in price when needing a dedicated server when Sales Orders are forecasted to be higher than a specific amount
<> Having to void Stock Adjustments to products just to be able to void a Purchase Order Credit Note for a different item just cause they are in the same original purchase order
<> Not having a report with the ability to issue a historic Stock Valuation of Products for a specific date, say for example a Stock Valuation at the end of the two years ago, or last year

So far so good

Reviewed on 28/4/2023

Overall it's been good. Few kins as mentioned but that is to be expected on new software. The team has been helpful and they do have a process to escalate issues such as I had which is good.

Pros

The reporting. Other products on the market at this price are poor in this department. It offers products by variant which is a necessity for us. Customer service via chat (on a small plan) has been really good. Better than expected.

Cons

Some things were a little different from the platform I have been coming from but that it so be expected. There have been a few clunky things that have cost us a fair bit of time when setting up such as not being able to update the ProductFamilySKU via .csv. You can only do this manually. If you update via .csv if doesn't actually update it, it creates another and then you have doubled ProductFamilySKU's. This took some working out but the chat support was very helpful. Another one was products that have no history won't show in "Availability" so it wasn;t until I entered SOH that I could see any products but products that had a value of 0 would not come up as they did not have any history. In the end I did a plus 1 stock adjustment and then -1 stock adjustment so it had a history so it would show up in availability. Some things like this have made set up take longer than it needed to as these kinks are not well known by the staff so they had to test to get answers. Again support was good but it;s more of a why does it work like this and why don't the staff know, wouldn't this happen to everyone.? Anyway, sorted now.

Stelios
Stelios
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great multi purpose operational solution for a growing business

Reviewed on 7/2/2023

So far so good, overall solidly gets the job done. A few improvements and attention to detail can make it even better.

Pros

The software logic is well thought out and relates to real life usage scenarios in our case. The organisation of the operations in the system are easy to understand and access. Support of the software has been fantastic so far, starting from deployment and thereafter. Whatever we needed, response has been near instant and competent.

Cons

The software is browser based and at times it can feel a little slow. Page load speed must be improved as it can be a little frustrating when you need to conduct many transactions in the day. The navigation could also be improved to reduce a few clicks to get to things easier and faster. For example, it is not possible to see next or previous document (SO, INV, PO). You need to come out to the main list and click into the document you want. Simple 'Previous', 'Next' navigation can be added within the document page, which will be very helpful when for example reviewing a number of Sales Orders or Invoices and need to move quickly between the documents. Mobile apps are limited and not particularly practical. Would be great if they could roll out a serious modern iPad app, which can be useful for sales/cs when out in the field to access product and inventory info, pricing, customer profile etc. and able to create a draft quotation on the fly.