Semrush

4.7 (2,218)
Write a Review!
SaaS solution for online content marketing

(2,218)
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

Marco Genaro
Marco Genaro

One of the best SEO tool. Unfortunately, a bit expensive.

Reviewed on 3/1/2024

It's a classic SEO tool and a must-have for every SEO consultant. It's perfect for quickly analyzing competitor websites as well as your own. It's a very powerful tool if you know how to use it and what to look for. In my opinion, it's only worthwhile in the hands of SEO and marketing experts.

I would love it to be a bit cheaper, but it's worth the price.

Pros

As an SEO consultant, what I like the most about SEMRush is that it includes almost all the features I need on a daily basis: it allows me to analyze my website and my competitors' websites at a glance, it helps me keep track of the backlinks I have, and it enables me to conduct quick SEO audits. Additionally, it's very user-friendly.

Cons

In my opinion, there are two cons of SemRush:

First of all, sometimes there are more-specific tools for some taks. For example: I prefer to use SERPROBOT for Keyword Tracking, Ahrefs for Backlinking/Outreach campaigns and Keyword Planner from Google Ads for keyword research.

Lastly, the problem with SemRush is that it's quite pricy. The Guru plan is around 250USD.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I tested both. While SemRush is better for SEO On Page and analyzing competitors, Ahrefs is better for backlinking and outreach campaigns. I finally took both of them 😅.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

For a similar price, SemRush is easier to use and more complete.
Md. Tanvir Bin
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best for SEO and Promotional purpose

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

It gives me a platform that not only gives our competitors in that area insights, but also helps us with local SEO by providing keywords.

Pros

Our website's movement in SERPs based on our selected keywords can be understood by using the SEMrush analytics tools. I can determine what we are doing well and where our SEO approach needs to be improved by monitoring our movement in the SERPs.
Our performance on social media can be analyzed with its Social Media Toolkit.

Cons

The usability isn't the best.
Paying for a plan is highly costly.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

lack of advanced features to perform outstanding SEO

Sitechecker.pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

It gives me information on the pages of our competitors as well. SEO rankings and targeted keywords are among the information it provides. By finding use for the data on our own website, I can leverage it to our benefit.

Response from Semrush

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing—we're happy to hear that. If you have any feedback about the UX & SEO features, feel free to connect with our Support team anytime. They'll be happy to help.

Tom

After 4 years being a customer this company rips me off

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I feel ripped off by Semrush. We are customers already for 4 years. We always have enough with one user. Now, we have been loggin in, by accident, from a few different locations. This is because of remote working due to corona and it was unclear in the team who was responsible for Semrush. Now is our account suspended, which I can understand. But the only 'solution' is that I have to buy a €540 extra user. But wo do not need that! I told them this was an accident and that one user is enough for us. Which it always has been for 4 years. But we can only get our account back with paying 540€. And a refund of the unused service is also not possible. This feels like bribery. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was 'helping' me, but only offering me this upsell that I do not need. It is a shame to be treated like this after being a loyal customer for 4 years. I will recommend other potential customers SeRanking. It is much cheaper, has almost the same features and they will not rip you off with unwanted upsells. Shame!

Pros

It has a lot of features, in dept analysis.

Cons

It is expensive and there are quiet a few other, much cheaper alternatives where the customer service doesn't rip you off!

Response from Semrush

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. We have investigated the situation - it seems like multiple users logged in from different locations under your account for 3 times, which triggered our security system, and we sent several warnings before your account was blocked. We kindly remind you that by default, the account only includes 1 user, adding extra seats is a paid option. As far as we know, you account was unblocked by the team after finding out that your team logged in accidentally from different locations. If you still have any questions, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to answer them!

Dako
Dako

Semrush the right hand for SEO agent

Reviewed on 21/1/2024

Pros

From the very beginning of my SEO agent career I have been introduced to Semrush
The most impressive part of this tool is that it is very easy to understand and use because of its simplicity and how it explains itself in every part of the journey.

Cons

Even though Semrush being the most wonderful tool it has the downs as well for me this would be the on page tool which is built in the Semrush I think it needs some shaping to make it perfect

Bjorn

Poor customer support

Reviewed on 2/8/2023

Pretty bad customer support and a very bad mouthing account executive named [sensitive content hidden] .

Pros

Good tool and easy to use. Because of the problems i am thinking about looking for another tool.

Cons

Observe other websites is not working well. Customer support is terrible. I am customer for 3 years and started at the 7th of August. Suddenly they stopped my account at the 6th of July. When i submit this problem to [sensitive content hidden] , my 'account executive', she did not help me. "She couldn't look back" for 3 years. She gave me a headache every mail she sent. In the end we were on a call and the bad mouthing just continued. In the end customer support had two ladies who found the problem. First said: ok we extend 3 weeks. Second said: till the 7th of August. Result: a downgraded account. SEMrush doesn't call me or send me a message. Only thing they care about is extending the product. But they don't care about their customers.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I like the product. But in the end it is more than the product.

Response from Semrush

Hi Bjorn, we're sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Support team.
We appreciate you working with us to get your account issues resolved and we look forward to our continued success together.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Keyword research made easy!

Reviewed on 10/9/2022

For my blog i was hesitating with keywords, when i input some ideas, it provides a tons of related keyword and ranked website address plus what they are targeting .

After several day , i get myself in good position of planning.

I can easily find informative and commercial keyword and see the difficulties.
Even i can get full report of some competition websites, by analysis them i can easily made the roadmap for my blog.

Pros

I mainly use semruah for keyword research.
As a blogger picking best keyword is my priority.
Semrush is the top notch app for this work.
With the question keyword i can make tons of new article and provide quality articles to user.
User friendly interface and have lots of tools you can do seo for your blog.

My experiment with other tools ongoing, as soon as i get result i will share.

One thing they improve continuously, they upgrade themselves continuously.

Cons

First time when i login, it gives tons of information to me, as a beginner its hard to follow up.
Luckily they have good customer support, after discussing with them able to solve most of the major problem.

Response from Semrush

This is a fantastic review! Thanks so much for sharing how to use leverage Semrush for your digital strategies.
With over 55 tools, we understand that it is a lot to take in. We have plenty of resources to help make our platform more digestible—we're happy you've found your way around Semrush! :)

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Automotive

SEMrush is a must-have

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pros

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Cons

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help)
- An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization)
- Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Response from Semrush

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Anuj
Anuj

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Reviewed on 21/9/2021

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush is cheapest than Ahrefs. Semrush is an all in one SEO tool that offers competitive research and website optimization. Not only we can track our own progress, but we can also analyze our competitors. Keep tabs on their backlinks, social media status, top performing keywords and much more.
Yassine
Yassine

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

Reviewed on 4/9/2021

In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

Pros

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services.
Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements.
IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Serpstat and Searchmetrics Suite

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

In my point of view, Semrush does more than just help you analyze your competitors. Semrush can assist you in conducting competitive research. It enables you to do competition research on your competitors. In essence, it discovers all websites that perform well for related keywords and provides an accurate estimate of traffic for the top 20 keywords that each of these websites uses. You will not an all in one tool but Semrush.

Semrush is amazing!

Reviewed on 18/9/2023

Overall, I'd select Semrush over any other SEO platform or software. They consistently have been dependable and reliable.

Pros

Semrush is a fantastic SEO tool that is a jack of all trades. It is robust, yet intuitive and is not complex to learn or deploy.

Cons

Sometimes the amount of data and features can feel overwhelming. If you're able to focus your efforts and find the most meaningful tools and data for your organization within Semrush, this can easily be overcome.

Moz Pro and Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush had all of the features we were looking for, and more, compared to competitors.
Amanda
Amanda

Worth the purchase!!

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Robin
Robin

A must have for digital marketers

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It is a great product that really helps you become proficient at SEO. If there is one thing your small business needs to have it is SEMrush. There are trainings and learning modules are helpful alongside though provoking webinars to make sure you stay up to date with trends. Learning the ui takes time as is not the most intuitive; however, most things you need are there.

Pros

The dashboard. All from one location I can see my projects performance across a multitude of aspects from social media, back links, position rankings and technical SEO just to name a few.

Cons

Righ now I have an issue with my Facebook always disconnecting with their publishing tool within an hour. contacting support guides you to an email where I would much rather have instant chat or phone support.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

The bundled aspect of all features. SEMrush might not be the best at some features but if offers them all.
Hali
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Perfect for global SEO research and analysis

Reviewed on 29/5/2020

I have been able to prove how our content refresh and new blog content has boosted our visibility prior to our new website launch that included a content overhaul. I've shown the correlation between our position and visibility to our increase in search traffic and search purchases. I never would have been able to justify our efforts or my role without the help of SEMrush.

Pros

I love being able to build out dashboards for our keyword categories. It helps me see which product groups are performing well vs. which ones we need to focus on. We are a global company so being able to have keywords in different languages was one of the main selling points for me. It's been fantastic!

Cons

Since we are global, it would be nice if we didn't have to choose just one country for each dashboard. I really need to see performance on a global scale.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

The ease of use, dashboards, and keywords in languages other than English - including Chinese and Japanese.

Response from Semrush

Hi Hali! Thanks a lot for giving us this review, we appreciate it!

Tim
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Extremely useful, but sometimes unwieldy and expensive

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

SEMrush is one of the most comprehensive SEO tools I've ever used. It's a great way to track our keyword performance across many crucial terms for which we need to rank for our business success, and it also helps us track benchmark performance metrics like Authority Score and Page Rankings with incredible detail that helps us know what's working and what isn't.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't an option to purchase a single subscription for a certain amount of users; instead, one has to add users individually to an account for an additional monthly subscription rate. This puts SEMrush far and away in a much more expensive category than almost any other leading SEO tool

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Moz Pro was set up in our organization a long time ago by someone who knew truly little about SEO, so SEMrush gave us an opportunity to start from scratch with a new tool that had very useful and easy to use keyword tools in addition to numerous other tracking tools that have helped us improve our understanding of our organic performance.

Moz Pro

Response from Semrush

Hi Tim, thank you so much for the review you left us! Great to hear you enjoy so many features. We will also consider your feedback on multiple users option!

• Industry: Publishing

A must-have for competitive analysis

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

The experience has been great. I couldn't do my job without this tool. Customer service is sometimes slow to respond, but I haven't had to use them very much. SEMRush also had great tutorials and webinars to help anyone regardless of what level they are in in the SEO industry.

Pros

I've used SEMRush in my current and previous role and it's a must-have for competitive analysis and rank tracking. I use this tool daily to monitor my top rankings and keywords. I use it to see where competitors have lost or gain keywords and use this information in my SEO strategy.

Cons

While it's great to have a social media toolkit, it's weak compared to full-featured social media software.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I was familiar with the tool from a previous role and other tools were too expensive.

Response from Semrush

Hi, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you believe SEMrush is a must-have! We're honoured to hear this. Thank you for the feedback on our SM toolkit - we're currently working on developing it further!

Solid all-in-one for marketers

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

Pros

Semrush offers pretty much everything you need to handle digital marketing and SEO. The feature-set is massive, from social posting and link disavowals to site health.

Cons

Semrush is a pretty classic "all-in-one" – jack of all trades, master of none. We routinely have to look at specialist software to get REALLY deep in any one area, but Semrush easily covers the 30-, 20- and 15,000-foot views.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

SpyFu wasn't meeting our needs anymore. The UX was superior in its simplicity, but the features just weren't there anymore.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush offers more features for less money.

Response from Semrush

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to know that our tool saved you some time.

Max
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A Must Have Tool For Marketers

Reviewed on 17/1/2022

I have been using Semrush for over two years now and I cannot imagine my professional life without it. It is a really basic but essential part of our marketing growth.

Pros

The ease of use and the simplicity of the UX are unparalleled to other tools out there. The depth of features is also great and I love the fact that it does such a good training job to make things easy.

Cons

The reports and downloads are not too customizable which adds an extra layer of effort.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Ahrefs was too complicated and not user-friendly. There was a much bigger learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush was the cheaper alternative and simple enough to use and train staff on.
Sam

My CRITICAL Tool for All Things SEO

Reviewed on 2/5/2022

I love it. I made a decision years ago to go with Semrush as my #1 tool for SEO and I have not regretted that decision at all.

Pros

I love how they are constantly adding new and very helpful tools as well as data to their platform. I feel like the value continues to grow as I use the platform.

Cons

There are a few things that I wish didn't cost extra to use.... such as the Agency platform.

Moz Local and Ahrefs

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I also was using the main Moz SEO product. I felt like the tools did similar things, but Semrush offered more, so there was no use in using them both.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I also was using the main Moz SEO product. The Semrush tool just seemed to do everything that these other tools did, plus more, and was continuing to improve.
Soubhik
Soubhik
  • Industry: Online Media

Not customer friendly, limited usability

Reviewed on 8/11/2022

Good features, but pathetic policies and robbing people by suspending account when you've already paid for it? Downright cheating.

Pros

Good data insights on keywords and on competitive intelligence. Easy to crawl websites with the SEMRush search crawler and perform site audits as needed, and SEMRush offers considerably more pages per audit to search compared to some of its competitors. Easy to sort out keywords as needed as well, and extra functionality like on-page SEO checkers make this a good on-page SEO tool as well.

Cons

What's the use of offering 500 on-page credits a month, content gap analysis, keyword tracking and so many more features - if you can't use any of them? While SEMRush does tier stacking, and offers more features if you go to their Pro plan or the Guru plan. What it does not? Offer enough time for you to use it.Even if someone logs out from one PC and logs in to the account from another, SEMRush disables your account. It's not possible for a single person to work and access all the features given, and yet, even if you don't have multiple working at the same time, they want you to pay extra for every laptop that gets logged in. It's not like we had multiple people working together. SEMRush doesn't allow even two people at different time slots to log in and work.WOW! And that's not all - they disable the account that you paid for, for policy violations if you dont. Unethical, and corrupt.

WebCEO and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Seemed more comprehensive range of features.

Response from Semrush

Hi Soubhik, thanks for your review! We want our software to be accessible to all, which is why we offer the free plan; we're glad you're able to leverage it for your business!
Collecting and filtering the data for all of our tools comes at a high cost to us, especially when we offer the most accurate data on the market! We've competitively priced ourselves in the market based on the accuracy and amount of data across our 55+ tools. Our team would be happy to talk with you more about your options to join our paid plans to increase your limits and tool access!
In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login. Otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorized access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.
Hope this helps!

Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Sporting Goods
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent Resource for Complete Evaluation

Reviewed on 10/8/2023

Because it is crucial in the workplace. With Semrush, I can research new keywords, spy on the competitors, and keep tabs on the indexing status of our own initiatives.

Pros

In the world of digital marketing, Semrush is indispensable. You may use it for keyword research, forethought, tracking your SEO and site optimization efforts, for scheduling social media postings, for keeping tabs on the competitors, and for learning more about the competition. It's crucial to my job, therefore I can't do without it. Its breadth of utility is astounding.

Cons

For me, the price of Semrush is the only negative aspect of the service. In my opinion, it is too pricey and not a viable option for most people.

Response from Semrush

We appreciate your detailed review! It's fantastic to know that our platform plays a crucial role in your range of digital marketing efforts. We understand that pricing is a concern; with over 55 tools and the most accurate data on the market, the value goes beyond the cost.
If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or explore further, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Tarunabh
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

My favourite SEO Research Tool

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

SEMrush has all the features built-in, that are required for a proper professional level SEO research. Although the general opinion is that Ahrefs is better than SEMrush, but personally, I have found SEMrush to be the best suited for my keyword and SEO optimized content research. The layout and interface is neat and when I tried the app, for the first time, it hardly took me five minutes to understand the navigation and features, and I could immediately get down to my research work. SEMrush enables me to tremendous amount of research work, within a very short span, with impressive accuracy and very reliable result data. If anyone can afford SEMrush subscription, then there's no need to look any further for other tools.

Pros

My favorite feature of SEMrush is the ability to export SEO Research Reports in PDF format, neatly arranged in a professionally presentable format, that can also be archived and stored for reading and detailed research later on, because SEMrush can generate thousands of very accurate results.
The Domain level organic SEO Research reveals very crucial information of any competitor's or personal domain - including very detailed and vital information like all the active backlinks, anchor keywords, trends, competitors' web pages and urls, and all ranking and top keywords from any given website. The Keyword research has one of the best performance, my favorite being the Keyword Magic tool that enables me to build a whole research campaign surrounding any given keyword with related keywords, phrase match, related questions, and so on. The SEO Content template tool is sufficient for doing any type of content writing and along with the Topic Research Tool, pretty much covers all aspects of building a professional SEO-friendly content around any topic and niche.

Cons

The prices are ridiculously high and even if you pay high fees for the Pro plan, you still cannot access to certain important features.
So it's not an affordable solution for individuals.
Apart from the high price, there is hardly any fault with this tool.

Response from Semrush

Hi Tarunabh, thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing model! It is very appreciated!

Marlyn
Marlyn
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

An excellent tool for SEO and online metrics

Reviewed on 14/6/2020

Semrush is a platform that has helped us analyze where we are compared to the competition, the metrics and data it provides are useful to know how it can be improved to have greater visibility of the web, another function that handles very well Semrush is the keyword group, this makes our work easier. Semrush is always in constant training; they offer webinars that help us have a better idea of how to use Semrush tools in a better way, there is a whole group of experts behind this platform that help to improve the experience in the matter of SEO.

Pros

Semrush is an excellent marketing tool to measure data and make decisions based on it, something that I consider positive is its price, compared to the competition it is cheap considering all the tools it has. Semrush is an excellent tool to analyze technical issues with a website and see if SEO is working correctly, and in this way determine our priorities. Something I like about Semrush is that it helps me to identify which backlinks we have and Identify which are the best sources of traffic and which ones we want on our website. I consider Semrush to be an excellent tool to track online visibility and, in this way we measure our online positioning compared to the competition.

Cons

Although it is an excellent platform with multiple functions, it takes time to adapt since its interface is not very intuitive to say. Some features are difficult to find, and that takes time to know where they are; this is time-consuming since you have to search and Learn where they are. For someone who is using it for the first time is a bit difficult since it has to adapt to the platform. In conclusion, the user experience is complex for someone who uses it for the first time.

Response from Semrush

Thank you so much Marlyn for writing this great review. We really appreciate your feedback about our tool.

Mary

Easiest and Most Robust Option

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Great. Easy to use, easy to roll out, easy to adopt team-wide.

Great. Easy to use, easy to roll out, easy to adopt team-wide.

Pros

So easy to use. When we decided to make the switch company-wide earlier this year I was happy to see that there were so many educational resources for our teams to easily get onboarded. They all picked it up quickly and the transition has been smooth. Our old SEO tool lacked many of the features SEMRush has, so the team has been excited to start playing with all the new things and we're even creating new deliverables for our clients because of these new features.

Cons

The API documentation could be better. Part of the reason we switched to SEMRush was the ability to use the API for much of our reporting. It's frustrating that you cannot download organic research time series data from the UI into a csv and that the only API option is for a full domain, not per url or subdirectory. The documentation of the API was also quite frustrating as we had to decode what some of the abbreviations meant.

Ahrefs and DataForSEO

Cost and functionality

BrightEdge

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Robustness of features, ease of use, cost.
Vasilis

Rank with Semrush

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines.
Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do.
This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK.
However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Pros

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords.
If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100.
That can be done further with other tools like Yoast Seo. There are some features inside Semrush but much more expensive so I didn't try them.
Semrush is giving you as many crawls as you want a serious edge above competition.
A newer feature are proposed ideas to rank better. Although in my cases, most of the proposals are not realistic, they are good as guideline and some are applicable. At the end, these are suggestions, not an autopilot system to rank.
As usual you have to know your business.
Another important feature is backlink builder, proposing you thousands of sites to build your links based from the backlinks of your competitors.
I can definitely tell you that most of those proposed links are really impossible to build. Either coming from friends, or from advertorials or irrelevant sites. But again this is a positive list you may filter and use.
Here is an internal "organiser'" allowing you to mark whatever you consider important, and the way to build your backling ie, call owner, post comment etc.
There are many features, even in the starter plan 99$+vat / montly

Cons

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand .
There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site.
The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information.
That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic.
The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank
And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there.
That is a serious problem with the tool.

Patrick
Patrick

Best Digital Marketing Tool That Helps To Create Website Analysis Report

Reviewed on 15/4/2023

The Semrush is a great tool to analyze, track and improve website the performance. With the help of its intuitive interface, we can easily access data related to organic traffic, keyword rankings, backlinks and many other important SEO metrics. We can also use tools such as Site Audit and Position Tracking to better understand how their website is performing in search results. In addition to providing detailed analytics data on a company’s current performance We can also get insights into areas where improvements need to be made by leveraging reports such as Competitor Research & Analysis or Keyword Research & Discovery. All of these features are easy to navigate which makes them perfect for any size business from small startups all the way up through enterprise level companies who rely heavily on SEO optimization. Semrush even allows agencies with multiple clients manage their accounts with ease thanks to flexible pricing tiers that include white labeling options so each client's account looks like it belongs exclusively with them rather than being managed by an outside agency at first glance. This helps build trust between both parties which ultimately leads to better long-term relationships. Overall, Semrush provides an excellent user experience for anyone looking for comprehensive services when it comes time develop and optimize an effective digital marketing strategy that includes a strong focus on search engine optimization.

Pros

SEMrush is a powerful digital marketing tool that offers a wide range of features to help businesses improve their online presence. One of the biggest pros of SEMrush is its ability to provide valuable insights into a business's SEO and PPC campaigns, as well as their competitors'. With SEMrush, users can conduct in-depth keyword research, track keyword rankings, and analyze their website's backlinks. Additionally, SEMrush offers a comprehensive social media management tool, allowing users to schedule posts, track engagement, and monitor their competitors' social media activity. Another benefit of SEMrush is its intuitive user interface, making it easy for even novice users to navigate and make use of its features. SEMrush also offers customizable reporting, allowing users to create and share reports tailored to their specific needs. Overall, SEMrush is a versatile and powerful tool that can greatly benefit businesses looking to improve their digital marketing efforts.

Cons

Users can track website's performance and gain valuable insights into their competitors' strategies. We can also find best keywords for business traffic.

Response from Semrush

Hi there. Thank you so much for the extensive review! We're glad our tool has been a valuable asset in analyzing and improving website performance. Our user-friendly interface provides easy access to crucial SEO metrics like organic traffic, keyword rankings, and backlinks. With features like Site Audit and Position Tracking, you can gain insights into your search performance. Whether you're a small startup or a big enterprise, Semrush has you covered. Thanks for being part of our journey, and feel free to reach out if you need any support!