Miro

4.7 (1,512)
Miro is a visual workspace for innovation

(1,512)

David
David
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

Pros

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

Cons

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

FigJam

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I had actually used Miro before, then tried FigJam because it’s “free” (if you’re already using Figma), but it’s not nearly as full-featured - though it IS mostly “good enough,” and it’s going to keep improving… Miro should not get complacent.

FigJam
Jessica
Jessica

Miro Collaboration helps our team build product roadmaps

Reviewed on 17/3/2023

Our team is able to create better user flows and roadmaps as a result of the collaborative features made available by Miro. Facilitates communication between product concept and actual use. It's easy to get started with Miro because it comes with a pre-made template.

Pros

This program has a high degree of natural user interface design. It has not been necessary for me to make use of any native tutorials (which are, of course, fantastic) in order to create excellent diagrams. Facilitates the visualization of technological processes with the purpose of pinpointing areas of difficulty, complexity, and risk.

Cons

The only drawback is that it takes an extra click every time I want to write the name on a whiteboard. A pop-up window appears whenever I try to give a board a name.

Israel

For workshops and remote meetings.

Reviewed on 21/3/2024

The purpose of Miro is to facilitate real-time visual collaboration. It is especially helpful for mind mapping, brainstorming sessions, and project planning because it offers an online canvas where teams can interact, exchange ideas, and work on projects graphically.
One of the main characteristics of Miro is real-time collaboration. It makes it possible for numerous people to collaborate and make decisions as a team while working simultaneously on a board.

Pros

Because Miro emphasizes originality and creativity, I enjoy it. It provides strong visual tools that enable groups to visually communicate and develop ideas.

Cons

A premium subscription may be necessary for advanced features and real-time collaborative possibilities.

Best way to visually collaborate with clients

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Pros

It helps give us a birds eye view of the projects we are working on. That allows for clients to easily understand what we are doing and give us feedback.

The ability to use colours when adding comments allows us to start associating colours with certain messages which allows one to know if there are things to be attended to with just a glance.

Cons

It tends to require a lot of CPU resources which can be an inconvenience because one tends to use it in conjunction with a design software like sketch/photoshop which also require significant CPU power.

Viktor

The omni visual app

Reviewed on 19/1/2024

Overall I love this product. Moving forward quickly and having great user experience. It is accompanied by Miroverse academy and vast library of ready to use templates.

Pros

I use it daily for for personal ideation, running team refinements, task tracking, having fun in teambuildings, brainstorming together...there are so many use cases for this vusial multi-purposu tool.

Cons

Sometimes navigation in boards with many elemenst is messy. Would be great if there was some "back" and "formward" button or a history of visited elements so you can go here and there quickly. Also picking up a group of elements in crowded board can be a challenge.

Yasith
Yasith

Best online drawing tool

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

It's the only tool that I've enjoyed drawing online. I use it for both personal and work-related drawing. The overall experience is really positive.

Pros

It's the user experience that made me switch to Miro. The diagrams you draw look really good compared to other tools like Lucid Charts. Drawing diagrams and connecting them together is really easy compared to other tools I've used. Sharing the diagram is also easy and you can follow someone when they are explaining something on the board. I also really like the template library that they have. They also have a Mac app which I really like.

Cons

There is nothing much I don't like about Miro. It's a little expensive.

Sean

Amazing collaboration tool

Reviewed on 14/3/2024

Pros

Ease of collaboration, integration with Jira a big plus!

Cons

Formatting e.g. roadmaps can be a pain at times

Amazing collaboration tool

Reviewed on 6/4/2024

Pros

Lots of features and functionalities available for creating workflows

Cons

Requires training to use effectively as it’s hard to use.

Natalia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

It has loads of features and it is nicely integrated

Pros

I like that Miro has loads of functions and can be very much personalized and it is integrated nicely with a lot of different programs

Cons

Sometimes it might feel too messy because of the endless size but it is more on the person to make sure you do not over do it ;p

Resmi
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A side application for your virtual world

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

Pros

We started using this application since we went virtual during pandemic and have loved its utility during our online meetings and activities.

Cons

There could be more options that they can integrate too make it much more fun to work with.

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Industry: Research

Visual thinking board

Reviewed on 17/12/2021

I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

Pros

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

Cons

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Mural

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Generally, at some point I get annoyed at some missing feature, or I find myself reproducing a template from the Miro community.

MindMeister, Mindomo and Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I was lucky to get an educational licence as a PhD Candidate, which made the choice trivia.
Denise
Denise

Excellent experience in collaborative work

Reviewed on 3/6/2022

For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Angelo

A Comprehensive Look at Miro's Features

Reviewed on 22/1/2023

Overall, Miro is an excellent collaboration platform with a wealth of features to help teams work together. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the real-time collaboration feature is invaluable. While the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive and there are some features that could be improved, Miro is still a great tool for teams to use.

Pros

Miro is an excellent collaboration platform that offers a wide variety of features to help teams work together effectively. Its user-friendly interface is intuitive and easy to use, while the ability to create boards and draw diagrams allows everyone to easily visualize ideas. The real-time collaboration feature is invaluable, allowing teams to work together in real-time without having to constantly switch back and forth between applications.

Cons

While Miro offers a great suite of features, there are a few drawbacks. The pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams, and there are some features that could be improved, such as the ability to import files from other applications. Additionally, the user interface can be somewhat clunky at times.

Rachel
Rachel

Miro is the Master of Teamwork and Collaboration

Reviewed on 20/6/2023

We've started using Miro as a tool for brainstorming and sharing our thoughts. It's been a great way to generate ideas and make rough drafts of our projects. This method is effective because it allows us to briefly describe the benefits and drawbacks of each idea.

Pros

Online teamwork is fantastic. To let others contribute to the whiteboard, just send them an email invitation. Including people from outside the team in the project's development is beneficial. Miro is a portable and functional whiteboard app. We can now put things into some kind of order that makes sense.

Cons

Because of Miro's per-user licensing structure, everyone who wants to work together on a project must chip in. The issue is that you cannot invite individuals for the sole purpose of reading without purchasing a license for each individual user.

Christian
Christian
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

It is a very simple and robust application for all kinds of projects

Reviewed on 22/8/2023

The capacity to consolidate thoughts and efforts from many file types is a significant benefit. And unlike its rivals, it allows you to talk to your team members without switching platforms. As a result, teamwork is improved and workflows experience less friction.

Pros

It's one of the best tools you may have for any kind of job or play because it's versatile, creative, and simple to use. It's great because it's easy to import content from other formats and platforms, you can work with an endless canvas, and your team can interact and collaborate in real time.

Cons

When I'm working on a project in my area, I rely heavily on journey maps and group brainstorming sessions. It's not simple for me to import data from other programs like Figma or Invision.

Jakub

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Reviewed on 8/3/2022

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Milanote

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Featureset and user interface.

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.
Nigel
  • Industry: Automotive

Miro Review

Reviewed on 18/7/2022

Migrating the team from Visio and Edraw was easy as the user interface was very intuitive. I have also used Lucid in the past and am happy to say there is little chance I will ever leave Miro

Pros

Miro provides me with a unique feature set that is difficult to find packaged as one product. I like that the ability to move around sets of a diagram and Miro will automatically adjust everything to fit in frame,

Cons

There are some features that I may never use and would like if I could pay less as I don't use it, however I think Miro is very reasonably priced so not a deal breaker.

EdrawMax, Lucidchart and Visio

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Visio was very expensive, Edraw was not intuitive and difficult for the team to adjust to. Not sure if Lucid has fixed it but moving around parts of a diagram was time consuming as it would not automatically readjust the rest of the diagram

EdrawMax, Lucidchart and Visio

Reasons for Switching to Miro

All in one package of features, easy to use so little retraining require for the team and intuitive layout adjustments.
Ronald
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!

Reviewed on 3/8/2021

I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO.

Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool.

I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works.

oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros

The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons

The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Patrick M
Patrick M
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Incredible platform for collaborating, brainstorming and executing ideas.

Reviewed on 13/5/2023

Miro understands numerous of the collaboration impediments of not being able to connected together with your colleagues in individual. With Miro, my organization can brainstorm, oversee ventures, share thoughts, and celebrate in a virtual space as on the off chance that we were sharing a meeting room. Miro makes a difference me organize my thoughts by rationally mapping them, making client stories, and the community has extraordinary formats for distinctive needs, particularly workshops, collaborating and sharing in genuine time with colleagues is additionally exceptionally simple.

Pros

I cherish the collaboration highlights accessible in Miro, the capacity to make sheets and grant get to to others is what sets Miro separated from the rest, no other stage I've utilized combines an natural whiteboard/mind outline interface with collaboration highlights live as easily as Miro. It's a awesome device for numerous purposes: share introductions, run workshops remotely, utilize it as a canvas to organize your thoughts, or basically as a board to glue your images. Presenting with Miro could be a extraordinary involvement, on the off chance that you know your members are not exceptionally great with the apparatus or have never utilized it, you'll drive them to take after you whereas you display, which makes a difference anticipate botches, most of the highlights are exceptionally natural.

Cons

It's not a idealize apparatus, but it'll be, and I'm beyond any doubt they strive to be the leading; I know from my encounter that there's a part of investigate with their client database to move forward. Its video include needs work, its modern highlights like clustering and keen gatherings still feel like a work in advance, but they are great features. Third party plugins can cause you a few issues at times, whereas usually not completely Miro's blame, I think way better documentation and engineer back would offer assistance to dispose of these uncommon issues.

Shannel
Shannel
  • Industry: Think Tanks

A perfect digital workspace for managing work and collaboration.

Reviewed on 26/9/2023

With an organization like ours where most of our projects are based on climate evaluation and analysis, we tend to have teams working both remotely and on site. We use Miro as a link between these teams where we get a shared workspace for us to meet digitally and collaborate on the projects. Moreso, Miro helps us to plan our project works which includes creating diagrammatic representations of the projects for easier visualization and monitoring.

Pros

It was easy for us to implement Miro in our organization. When getting started with Miro, there were alot of simply designed in-built templates which helped us to learn quickly how to maximize the abilities of Miro features. I also like how Miro flexibility allowed us to integrate it with multiple other products that were already existing in our organization. Miro offers us with the best visualization tools which makes it easy to us to visualize our projects in order to have clear understanding on how the projects are progressing. With Miro, were able to collaborate with the other teams who are working remotely without any interferences.

Cons

The intuitive user interface of Miro makes it so easy to learn the product architecture and this makes it easy to navigate through it. All the times i have used Miro, i always get a flawless experience so no complaints.

Mary

My favorite collaboration tool

Reviewed on 21/3/2023

Miro helps me run collaborative workshops, visualize important things and facilitate better decision-making. It also helps me create a shared understanding within my teams. Miro helped me keep people on the same page when it was impossible to get everybody in the same room.

Pros

Miro is very easy to use and provides great features for facilitators so that they can set up their boards easily and run meetings and workshops smoothly. I love how easy it is to set up new boards and align and cluster objects and I also like how the features are constantly being improved. The voting feature is a good example of that, it used to be challenging to use it with less experienced people but the user experience has improved a lot.

Cons

It would be great if Miro had different user groups within a team so that I could give them different permissions and then easily select the groups when creating a new project. I wish there were more colors of sticky notes or that we could set up the color the same way it's possible to do with shapes. I also wish it were possible to skip frames in presentation mode or determine which frames on the board I want to show when presenting. I wish it were possible to change the size and position of the timer and have more than one timer at the same time.

Sohaib
Sohaib
  • Industry: Market Research

Simply the best whiteboard software available

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard.

Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place.

Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Faruk
Faruk

Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros

As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons

Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.

Njoki
Njoki
  • Industry: Printing

The power of collaboration, work planning and management lies in Miro.

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

Miro's gain has been incomparable with the misses. With Miro, we have been able to achieve a successful workspace where we can collaborate on our work as a team, plan our work and visualize how we are progressing with the work. With Miro, we are ensuring that every project we have is completed within the right timelines and everyone is involved in the project.

Pros

There is a lot more that we are able to do with Miro from collaboration, planning and organizing our work, mapping and visualizing our work and much more and this allowed us to reduce the number of products we are having at our infrastructure since we solving multiple problems with just one product. Miro allow us to strategize our work and lay straightforward plans using Gantt chart to direct us on how to go about it. Also, it helps us to map our projects in terms of flowcharts and diagrams for better understanding of how we are supposed to have a systematic flow of work delivery.

Cons

It being a robust product with multiple functions in it, sometimes it get a little confusing on which features you are supposed to choose for your work.