Miro

#1 Online collaborative whiteboard platform for teams

4.7 /5 (321 reviews) Write a Review!

Syamir K.

Flexible digital whiteboard

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Super quick to learn and get value.

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

From day 1, this product has solved so many issues for me in tra slating and collaborating with clients. Highly recommend.

Pros

Miro is super easy to use even for the most non tech oriented. Easily map out ideas, translate complex ideas into actionable images... it's a blank canvas. Virtual whiteboarding at its best.

Cons

The Asana integratuion isn't ideal but I think it's more Asana's limited API so no big points off for that.

Megan F.

Can't imagine our company without it

Reviewed on 15/4/2021

Pros

We love how easy it was to get started on the software. The features are very intuitive to use and start drafting flowcharts and organizing thoughts quickly. We love the templates the most because it helps inspire us to use the tool for more than just flowcharts.

Cons

The only thing would be the way we are able to organize the boards. If we could have a more robust filing and organizing system.

Spartak A.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Miro - online service of my wet dreams

Reviewed on 11/1/2020

I work on product marketing and menu development in fast growing international Dodo Pizza chain.
Miro help me to:
1. Manage our menu position, their relations, groups of product
2. Manage the ingredients (photo, price, descriptions)
3. Create new recipes - much easier when you all ingredients visually in front of you at the same time
4. Create a marketing campaign for products - marketing materials and references, photos, videos, collages for designers, marketing channels and the actual pictures of other stuff that will be used in that channel
5. Design a new restaurant - all visual references for decoration, equipment, layout of the kitchen, all inventory references.

New store+menu+marketing projects are HUGE, Miro helps to gather all the small details together, keeping all my team members on the same page at the same time.

It is absolutely vital to have all visual and strategy mindmap info in front of your eyes, and to able to update it easily. Miro is the best platform for this.

Pros

So lets start with what I like:
1. Miro is the best thing for mindmapping projects and strategies
2. Easy to add multiple images and make some small but necessary editing
3. Super cool for vusial analysis. My job includes menu analysis of QSR chains, Miro make it much easier, a billion times more efficient tool that others

Cons

Cons:
1. Tables are available but editing mechanics is 3/5, need to be improved.
2. Hard (or even impossible) to add videos on your Miro board, thus its not easy to make fully packed reference board for let's say your product or project, or even presentation

Predrag S.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Consultant using Consultant plan

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros

Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards.
Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board.
Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons

Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants.
I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution.
There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

Christophe N.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Miro - One of my essential tool

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

One day as I was trying to put many ideas and document in order, I thought about a system with an infinite whiteboard. I typed in the research on google and out of magic, RealTime Board (Miro's former name) came up. I downloaded it and I was instantly convinced this was exactly what I needed.

Pros

Great tool for brainstorming or throwing ideas here and there, knowing that one day you will need them without knowing exactly when or why.
I use Miro for many things such as wireframes for websites or solution building, mind mapping or sometimes even to create infographics.
I use it a lot for my pitch decks as well.

Cons

Since RealtimeBoard changed to Miro, it gained a lot in features but somehow start being a bit confusing. It is still very intuitive but yet something seems off and I am not so sure why.
Both RealtimeBoard and Miro lack of a nice branding (IMO). Although the interface is nice and the overall atmosphere seems quite friendly, it still feels cold and it doesn't really pushes me to use the software more often.
As a counter-example, I use Canva and Freshbooks a lot and while both are solving tasks that I really dislike (pitches and accounting), I really enjoy using their tool. And that's, for me the biggest low point of Miro.

Merlin D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best in class digital collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

My preferred tool for all virtual collaborations. Highly recommended

Pros

infinite whiteboard, unlimited users, great functions and features, just wish it better integrated with web conferencing facilities

Cons

Really no major complaints. The free hand draw function is not quite as good as Invision Freehand (for example), but overall Miro is my preferred tool.

Mariia V.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

For a big ideas with detailed approach

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

Pros

It is amazing instrument to discover how easy you can realize your vision, how fast and clear your process will be represented. All you need is here without any kind of borders, just you and your ideas.
- Simple solutions for a difficult tasks: for designer, for business analitical, for a developer - you can build a schemes, organaze your workflow for a project and more, add links and references, images, all your want for expanding your creative field.
- Amazing zoom - any type of a scale - for big ideas with detailed approach;
- Simple steps for regisrtation and share.

Cons

It is about how interesting your work flow can be. How many elements in your project integrated. You can systemise information, clarifying tasks, find new approaches. Your investigation can be almost touchable. That is all develop your ideas more and more.

Mia C.

Mind blowing collaboration tool

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

I used to create graphics in Photoshop or Illustrator to share with my organization. Every time there would be a change of content, they'd have to wait on me to make the necessary adjustments. Now that everything is in Miro, I can design the graphics, and if there are any content changes, my coworkers can make them themselves.

Pros

Every time I use Miro, I'm blown away with its collaboration capabilities. Seeing my colleagues' actions in realtime are a game changer now that we're all working remotely. The ease of use, flexibility and functions make this our new go-to tool for visualizing information.

Cons

It's a little heavy. I often have 2-3 Miro tabs open at once and my computer significantly slows down,

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Map out journeys on Miro

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Our company is pretty satisfied with Miro. It's a good tool for mapping out certain processes.

Pros

As mentioned in my title, Miro is used to draw various flows in our company. Examples of these are customer journeys and risk processes among others. Miro is very graphical, with various colored post its. It is also highly collaborative as you can add more than 20 users to a single project for commenting.

Cons

What I dislike the most is that it doesn't seem to have a presentation mode. When I plug my computer to the big screen, I need to zoom the project in and out just to show it to an audience. I also dislike how I keep hitting the maximum number of users.

Paweł P.
  • Industry: Food Production

Miro leading its way as an enterprise whiteboard collaboration tool

Reviewed on 5/3/2021

Miro saves a lot of time and allows to gather lots of information very easily, especially in the Covid era, where it's difficult to travel and attend face to face workshops and process mapping workshops. Miro integrates with O365 suite (OneDrive for Business, MS Teams), which is a phenomenal advantage.

Pros

Miro is super easy to use, the business stakeholders I work with (Process Improvement team) didn't have any issues with learning how to navigate in Miro, how to create new boards and build their first process maps. It's very helpful when performing online workshops and working sessions where there is a need for brainstorming, ideation and process mapping.

Cons

Starting off with an empty canvas was quite difficult for some business users, especially those who haven't used a whiteboarding tool before. But I think it could occur to any whiteboarding application from the market.

Sam W.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Get your ideas down!

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Really helpful tool. I've only develop a few workflows so far but I imagine this will really help when I begin to grow the business further and need clear visual aids to communicate ideas.

Pros

This tool helped me map out my email marketing workflow like I had always imagined. I was able to develop my ideas and brainstorm things much easier than with other tools.

Cons

Moving boxes or arrows around can be a little fiddly, but this is not a major gripe. Just a small inconvenience every so often.

Paul W.

A dream for storytelling

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Workshop visualization, retrospectives, story telling are all easier with miro.

Pros

Miro allows you freedom to create your own whiteboards, or use oob templates (which are constantly being improved) I have used this at previous software employer too, mainly for user story mapping. But also a great way to digitize workshops/planning sessions.

Cons

The leap between 'free' and 'paid' is such that I am still using the free version. I woule probably buy this myself if there was a better tiered approach (eg: better quality img download. This would help me convince mgmt)

Response from Miro

Hi Paul!
Thank you so much for your feedback, we're happy you find our product useful!
Our Monetization Product Manager would love to talk to you more. If you're interested to share your thoughts with her please reach out directly to [email protected] That would be really helpful for us! thanks in advance!

Steven S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Replaced our physical standup board

Reviewed on 31/5/2020

We started using Miro when the team moved to 100% home working. Prior to this we tried to refer to the physical board when a few team members were on site but this quickly became impractical. Miro seems a worthy replacement.

Pros

Very realistic notes for tasks and epics. Tactile movement and not constrained to a grid. Really intuitive and has now replaced our physical board for stand ups and planning sessions.

Cons

Nothing really. It would be nice to customise team members with icons. This was a social norm with the physical board that helped in team bonding, however i imagine it is a feature that will be supported at some point.

Afzul ebrahim S.

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Pros

The software is very easy to use and requires no special training. It's scope of application across various planning disciplines is exceptional. The ability to creat and save templates expands this scope even further. The ability to use frames for presentation purposes means that you stay in the apploication without having to use other presentation software. It integrates across all devices with ease. The day pass for consultants is a great addition.

Cons

Does take a bit of time to load, however, this may be associated with internet speed.

Miro is your digital white-board

Reviewed on 9/4/2021

Miro has been a great to use overall, it provides all we need, and much more, so we don't feel it's lacking any features.

Pros

It has a ton of features. It has the basics of course but much more than that, from widgets that do counters, voting, to kanban and tables. It also has many integrations with all sorts of tools like Jira so everything stays in sync.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at first since there is a lot of tools and widgets to interact with, I think they can do a better job for new users to introduce them more slowly to the platform.

Timothy K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The best collaboration tool I've ever used

Reviewed on 27/6/2018

Pros

The product itself it just so easy to use and so powerful. It has allowed us to effortlessly collaborate with international teams and proved to be far more useful than we ever even imagined. What makes this world-class is that their support is just as amazing as their product. They've helped to provide demos for our new users and are always super helpful with any questions I've ever had.

Cons

I honestly can't say that I have anything that I dislike about this product. Anything that I've even thought could be improved upon in the past has been improved upon. They are so good with acting upon the feedback they get from their customers. It's so refreshing to see a company that is so devoted to providing great user experience.

With staff all over the globe, sharing wireframe ideas is now an absolute breeze, love it.

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Pros

I love real-time board. It really is real-time.

It's the small things for us that really work well, for example you can see each other's mouse position, so as we are discussing things over the phone on a conference call, you can highlight and circle things with your mouse that everybody will see happening instantly.

He boards are unlimited in size, so you can expand and be as creative as you need to be without worrying about running out of white board.

As for the whiteboard itself, so simple to use: you can add boxes, add notes, pop up notes, tables, etc.

Overall, it's an integral part of our team now. Thank you.

Cons

There's now much I can say I like least. But there is one annoyance. There isn't a concsistency with the keyboard controls between web app and Mac app. We work on multiple machines so don't always know what to expect when we start using it.

Eveliene W.

Easy way to have a virtual can-ban board

Reviewed on 1/10/2018

Pros

It is a great tool to have a virtual canban board that we'd use during our daily standup meeting while on Skype.

Cons

I found it is limited in how large you want to go. If too large, maintaining it is a bit cumbersome.

Tiago P.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Collaboration In Remote Made Easy

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Highly recommended if you manage remote teams and like/need to engage in real time

Pros

Easiness to use for non IT teams. Capability to collaborate in real time with teams located in different
geo locations.
The guide session or help area is very complete and will

Cons

The time needed to build some of the boards even if the templates are very complete.

Baptiste B.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

It change my ways of working

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

All my workflow as a designer is now in one tools that includes :
- Workshop facilitation
- User research organization
- Interviews notes
- User Tests notes
- Presentation
- Personal organization (for trips)

All the tools are relevant and appreciate.

Pros

- Quick sum up after a workshop
- visual collaboration
- Infinite board
- Easy to use
- Always new features that surprize me (presentation mode, sticky capture ...)

Cons

- No ability to work offline
- No dark mode for the moment (on going)

Brynn C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

It's How My Brain Works

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Pros

When designing conversational flows it works like dream.
If I can't get everyone in the same room or around a whiteboard - Miro saves the day.
It helps speed up the UX process.
It keeps all ideas around the room in one place.

Cons

That more of my colleagues don't use it.

Devon S.

Simple to Use, Stellar Support

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

I am developing very complex software suite & am responsible for the User Experience. RealTimeBoard has made it easy to design the primary interface & screens as well as flow charts. With the ability to add comments & sticky notes I can expand on ideas for review later by the programmers. Better yet we can connect via phone or Skype and work on the boards together as if we were in the same room. BEST OF ALL has been their customer support. They respond quickly & really saved me when I inadvertently deleted the wrong board. They're constantly improving the system & attentive to user's input. Kudos.

Pros

Intuitive interface,
ability for multiple members at various locations to watch & use in real time,
attentive, responsive support team

Cons

Browser version on my touchscreen tablet didn't always respond to touch commands correctly;
currently a bit difficult to see the color code used on an existing object (but an enhancement is in the works)

• Industry: Management Consulting

It always makes an impact

Reviewed on 19/4/2021

Pros

I like the design features, collaborative tools, vast templates that a facilitator can deploy immediately. There is so much more to it.. you should take the free trial and explore the features.

Cons

I would like to see the voting option. Having that as a feature helps capture the votes and also eliminates the chances of someone else more icons around to change the orginal vote.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

good application to carry out a team project, very easy to use

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

Pros

This application has a very comfortable template for the user. easy to use and with a very nice interface. the whiteboard applications have great functionalities. is an excellent application that helps us as a guide in a team project in a job

Cons

depends on the data that is handled. Like spreadsheets it can be complicated to use. should have more options for user restrictions.