Edmodo

4.2/5
4.4/5
4.2/5

Daniel

Excellent! very friendly and dynamic academic platform!!

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Edmodo is a very simple and easy-to-use software. It allows a dynamic interaction between the teacher and the students, as well as stimulates the participation of the classroom in group discussions on topic topics for the subject.

Pros

Has everything that can be considered necessary to promote distance education aswell the e-learning, because it allows you to share all kinds of files either by uploading them to the cloud, sharing a link or writing on the wall.
it also allows the teacher to attach all the files and documents necessary for the classes, in such a way that the students can access it at any time and in any place.
Last but not least important, edmodo allows the teacher to perform exams virtually, both with time limits and without timing.
I used it during the 4 years that I studied my university degree.

Cons

I think that edmodo needs an update to the design of the interface, because it looks a bit sober and outdated

Angie
  • Industry: Executive Office

Emodo, allows to maintain a communication between students and teachers

Reviewed on 12/8/2018

The experience I have had with edmodo has been quite good, it facilitates communication in a certain way, it is easy to make deliveries either of students in school, university, postgraduate, among others. I like it but I think that it should improve in some things

Pros

Edmodo is a very complete virtual platform, allows a communication between teachers and students to be established, in the case of teachers they can send activities to the students, in the same way they can set the delivery date, it is easy to have a clear visualization of the notes that each student takes.

Students through emodo can visualize the classes if they are uploaded power point presentations or documents of interest, they can also solve when not having face-to-face classes and have virtual evaluations, their interface is easy to interest.

I quite like that it is similar to a social network, you can place an avatar and even your related information

It is a free tool so it is important to make the most of it, it is always in continuous improvement, which reflects how good it can be with the passage of time.

Cons

From my experience, I think it is usually a point against this platform does not have a chat window, that is, teachers and students can not communicate quickly between them, it is necessary to send a message, it is not possible to visualize among students who are online or not, something that does happen with other platforms similar to this, should be an improvement in the future

Sam

Good for community and network, so-so for suitability, terrible customer service

Reviewed on 1/6/2016

I was the first user and the one who introduced Edmodo to our school. After one year, the entire English department uses Edmodo as a suitable LMS: it allowed all students (who had iPads) to register their own accounts and we were able to disseminate handouts, tests, and assignments quickly. A benefit was the large community of educators globally. Save for the frequent tutorial centre advertising posts, most were very helpful particularly when I stumbled on the seemingly unsolvable.

However, my experience degraded when I began to see what was annoying at first but eventually became inconvenient.

Inconvenience #1: Photo Replies. Students would take a photo of their question and post it (publicly or as a private message to peers/teachers). However one would not be able to reply by attaching a photo or image. As a workaround, I would need to start a new thread in order to reply with a photo.

Inconvenience #2: Library Filenames. Edmodo tends to automatically edit filenames. While I appreciate having an online library for students to access, filenames would be edited: spaces became underscores, capitals became lower cases. Perhaps this was a personal inconvenience, but what do others say?

Inconvenience #3: Library sorting. It would be nice to be able to sort the files alphabetically or by publishing date. So far it seems to display the files randomly.

Inconvenience #4: Data permanence. Once uploaded, files are not deleted. Even if files were deleted in the library, evidence suggests they are not deleted from the Edmodo server. Occasionally I upload a file but notice an error later. Upon "deleting" the file from the library, uploading another file with the same name would see a "1" appended to the filename.

These suggestions were sent to Edmodo on 22/09/2015. Since then, I have received no reply from them and have moved my students to another "LMS". One that solved inconvenience #1. This new one is more like a messaging board than an LMS, so to solve inconveniences #2-4, I reverted back to Dropbox.

Mavares

Motivate, Study, Integrate and develop your potential

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

I manage knowledge quickly and fun

Pros

The communicative dynamic, generated in social networks, is almost equal to that which occurs in the day to day of any individual. One of the most important characteristics of this process is that while the individual is circumscribed to a specific environment, the networks connect it to almost everyone. Therefore, Edmodo educational network allows the global connection with people and organizations around the world, making available a large amount of resources for the development of its potential.
The platform is presented in a very intuitive way, and nothing complicated, which facilitates the management of knowledge, quickly and friendly. Its unlimited storage capacity, allows the integration of many resources: create, assign, and schedule was never so simple. and on a single platform, which, being integrated with Google's tools for Education, like Microsoft's, guarantees the development of the potential of teaching, which can be reinforced by the whole family.

Cons

The contemporary platforms have expanded the concept and possibilities of the classrooms, with which, they must make of these, more than a physical space, a great tool that allows to develop the learning, at all levels. For that reason, the platforms should have the possibility of being modified easily, making them more striking, personalized and with more current designs. In the same order of ideas, it is expected that the versions of the smart devices are the most similar to those seen in the PC, in this case, we must improve their performance.

Leon

Helpful, easy and

Reviewed on 27/9/2018

Edmodo has proven to be useful, resourceful and even fun to use, with almost no downsides. I believe all instructors/teachers/professors/students should give it a try.

Pros

My answer is coming from a student's perspective, because I have not used Edmodo as a teacher or as an Educational Institution:

Edmodo is one of those applications that you can hardly find anything negative, it just probably misses certain features that could enhance the user's experience.

It has a simple and familiar dashboard that closely resembles Facebook and LinkedIn,

The Backpack system is linked to Office 365, it lets you drop by documents as long as it is part of the Office suite, although it also accepts archives in PDF format. This is very helpful when it comes to deliver certain assignments.

If you miss a class, the teacher is able to send a video of the lectures given that day.

It easily allows you to stay in touch with your teachers/professors (As long as they use Edmodo regularly).

Teachers/Professors are able to massively facilitate to all students handouts and articles of interests through Edmodo's Folders.

There is no premium version, you get all the features for free.

Cons

It lacks a live chat group, or a private messaging feature which could be very useful.

It has a lot of ads, although any Adblocker seems to get the job done. But I encourage people to leave the ads there, this will help Edmodo grow.

Malwina

Edmodo leads you transfer to paperless mode.

Reviewed on 29/3/2018

It is very simple to use, designed good, always working smoothly. And it has tons of awesome tools and different useful functions. Recommended.

Pros

Edmodo is perfect online platform for education. As a trainer I can say that you can't find something like that. Edmodo provides great tools for teachers and people who need one space for collaborate with his/her audience. You can add other viewers, for example if you are working with minors you can add their parents to group. Online grading feature is perfect. And of course it's working with Google Drive and that means it does not require any downloads. Joining to any group is so simple, you can add new member by using their email or they individually join by using group code.

Cons

Am usually working with web version of Edmodo, but sometimes I need to check my stuff quickly, I mean with mobile version. But I don't like it so much, It is not working well as web version. I think they have to do some improvements on this side too.

Waleed
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A neat social-network for Schools.

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

a good enough tool for teaachers to help students and keep things organized.

Pros

Very neat and clean compared to the mess of ads, useless posts that is in facebook etc
Purely academic stuff to see here
it is still free to use
very clean way to connect teachers-students and even parents
assignemts feature is perhaps the most useful
everything is stored here in the . no body meisses nothing when class is managed using edmodo.
free training is available for teachers
one of the most amazing features is that you can connect it to office 365 and then create and share documents without requiring any further steps .
and can also share documents directly from google drive to there (like air to air)

Cons

office 365 is only supported if u have school or work email.
many many many features are lacking. it could be a lot better if these are added. something like, "explain-everything' should be integrated to make demostrations easy.
native is and android apps are even more basic ,,,,,devoid of the most important features like assignements.

James

Edmodo for iPads

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

This is a great, all-around, paperless tool that every teacher should use.

Pros

Edmodo is an excellent platform for teachers who are moving towards a paperless system of classroom content and assignments using iPads. Edmodo can be managed from your laptop and uploads in real time to your student accounts on their iPad app. One great feature of Edmodo is their online library of ideas and resources as well as a community of users that you can ask or share ideas with. I like how parents can sign up too and see what assignments their children have due .

Cons

Not much I don't like about Edmodo. I have only used it in conjunction with iPads and not Android devices.

MAURICIO

Good enough for students

Reviewed on 7/5/2021

I am a student, and the school was looking for some good platform for virtual class and they found this, I think this one of the best platforms we've ever had, it is so easy to use, we can have everything we need for our class here

Pros

I think the think synchronous classes are the best here and the ease of use this platform make the student's and teacher's life less complicated

Cons

i think the video conferencing system was not good enough

Roqueta Ana Maria Ines
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Way To Go EDMODO

Reviewed on 23/7/2022

Edmodo is amazing! I mean I never thought that I can learn a lot by using this software. It is so simple and easy to use. I had my fears but that was gone when I started using it and found it a very good experience in my career!

Pros

The product was easy to use. I was a newbie when I encountered this software and I had my doubts and reservations but when I started using it, I found it to be so convenient and I learned a lot from it!

Cons

So far so good I don't have any complaints at all!

Francisco
  • Industry: Media Production

Best document integration ever

Reviewed on 30/9/2021

We love to encourage the learning of new languages ​​and Edmodo has been a complementary tool for the teaching of them and we love it.

Pros

I really like the document integration, because it allows you to edit, take notes, correct the uploaded docx and keep track of that, plus the comments section is very nice, because once the task is loaded, the topic does not close completely loke on Blackboard. , and that makes following up really easy.

Cons

They say that Edmodo isn't for higher education, but I think the other platforms are missing something very important, that Edmodo has, and that is the ease of use.

Fidelis
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Edmodo 2021 Review

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

My overall experience is awesome, though is my first time using this software of such over the years. It is unique and purposeful.

Pros

Edmodo is a great educational software. I use Edmodo as a student for my coursework. My lecturers especially during the time of pandemic introduced it to us. It is very easy to use. I use Edmodo to write quiz or class test that is timed. I can easily register and login to Edmodo via an invitation link from my lecturers, its great features such as the ability to send direct messages to my fellow student and lecturers to ask about homework is great, its features to read a post from the lectures, upload, send and download files is great and finally its ability to integrate with other app is awesome.

Cons

As a student using Edmodo, The interface does not give room for better social interaction, especially for social purposes. The discover page should have more impact and topic tailored to post-graduate students.

Adelyn

Good quality, very convenient to use

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Pros

Edmodo makes for very good class communication. I used it for both Chinese classes and my History class. Teachers can easily make posts and students who have questions can leave comments (somewhat like social media) and the teacher will respond to them, and so classmates who have the same question can see the answer and the teacher won't need to answer it multiple times. The user interface is great and it takes very little time to get acquainted with the software.

Cons

Some of the features that seemed to be really great ideas also seemed a little bit excessive, like badges. I would love to have these implemented but it's hard for a teacher to base much of their curriculum and class structure off of a software's award systems... to a certain degree, teachers maintain their uniqueness for their classes. In addition, there's some personalization questions that students can answer for their "profiles" on Edmodo but teachers rarely act on them and it seems like extra steps and/or somewhat of a distraction for the students.

Johan

Personally prefer google classroom

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Pros

It is very easy to make a class and create work and attachments for a group or class.

Cons

I feel like administrators had a bit too much control over what they saw a student did and could do.

Google Classroom
richmond
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Good online educational platform

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Pros

During the COVID"19 era, getting access to my kids became very difficult until i found Edmodo.. I was able to post post work with video explanations and the kids in turn answer them. It was cool using it. Thumbs up guys. Good work.

Cons

Data consuming when uploading video. I wish process for video upload can be changed into a different format. You can create an embedded app that can be used to reduce a video format thus a video converter.

Vilma

Amazing experience with Edmodo

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

A few times in the year I teach some classes, and Edmodo has been an excellent tool when I need to organize the material for any of it. In relation of students, information, blogs and everything you need for a good development of any classroom.

Pros

I love about Edmodo that it's a platform you can use for working with students, teachers and parents. It's terrific for work outside the classroom, and provides very useful features for sharing information.

Cons

What I like the least about Edmodo, is that I found it a little hard to learn how to use it. And sometimes it's hard for me to visualize in a organized way, the front page of the platform, but with time, you get use to it.

Ganjar

Social Media for Your Classroom

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Using Edmodo is not only beneficial for my distance learning program. It also helps my offline classes to reduce the usage of printing materials, making our classes both more economic and environmental friendly.

Pros

Edmodo is easy to use. It mimics the interface of popular social media, making it very easy for users to learn and use it. It also allows engagement between various parties, such as students, teachers, and parents. Teachers can post assignments, students can answer and post their reports while parents can observe the education process and provide feedback.

Cons

The grading system is rather basic. Also, there is no chatting feature making it rather difficult for teachers and students to have quick chat.

• Industry: Media Production

A different Kind of LMS

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

It's better to use a more commonly used UI for my LMS and as social media is just what I need Edmodo is just the right choice for me.
I am using the free plans and this is just fun. No dull UI to deal with and more enjoyable experience for my students.

Pros

I need to make a small tutorial on using photoshop and another image editing tool and found Edmodo has a lot of good reviews and feature that I need. It's free and does a very good job. Everything is cloud and does not need any effort once setup is just what I need. Sometimes training a new member is so time-consuming that I have made some basic video so I don't have to tell every, new team member, what to do.
Creating is fun and simple, even for me. I just uploaded ad that it, I found its better not to use YT. YT just have the video but I need a quiz to add so I can see they saw all the video and does not skip them.
I have also added some PSD for each class so all my member can send their own version of the edited photo and I can evaluate better.
Edmodo does not feel like LMS, it looks like more of a social media.

Cons

Well, social media is a two-way sword and sometimes I get complaints about its too easy and distractive.

Jesús

Good study platform, excellent for use in school work and others

Reviewed on 14/5/2018

Pros

It has good forms of communication Teacher-Student, is a platform that allows flexibility, in addition to being very friendly. It is demanding because you have to be aware of what is done and when it is done, but it is very accessible. It also has a very good notification center, which allows you to not miss any evaluation or task

Cons

It was a very accessible and friendly platform, until they made an update where many buttons changed, that despite wanting to do it adapting new technologies and simplicity, it was a mistake that cost many users; Forcing the platform to return to its basic buttons with a totally innovative visual. The works that are uploaded and stored in the backpack is difficult to visualize them directly there, so you have to download them and you lose time. As for the forums, no mention or direct response can be made to another person, so, that person does not receive a notification that they are being appointed there, unless they are in that moment and see their name.

Sonia
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Basic for academic life, specially for eLearning

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

Pros

I've been using Edmodo as a student for almost 2 years already and it's the nicest platform for keeping up with my classes. It's intuitive to use, supports all type of documents, videos and presentations. The notification system is nice to the user. The program notifies you the day before your assignments are due. Very useful if you ever forget them.

Also, the program lets you save the class group even after its over (only if the teacher doesn't erase it).

I wish all my teachers would use Edmodo.

Cons

Sometimes the documents throw error when opening them in the web. That is something I've been experiencing throughout these years. In those cases I had to refresh the page several times or download them before opening them.

Other than that, you can't reply an image post with another image. Plus, I didn't like the last update for the phone app, but I guess it's just a matter of use. When it comes to the visual part, those bright colors aren't nice.

Elsa
  • Industry: Philanthropy

A Comfort Space to Learn and Discuss

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

What I like most from Edmodo is the display and the content which easy to operate like other social media. So, whenever I come to Edmodo for my study, it feels like I learn and discuss something in a very cool space. Edmodo also understandable and efficient.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to operate Edmodo and when I finished something in one page and want to go back to previous page, it turned to no connection.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Greatest tool for learning

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

The best tool right now for learning purposes, just keep the good work

Pros

The app is very useful, the kids can ise ir on there phones or on their computers, the can see there exams, there assignations and send there homework through the app.

Cons

There nothing in con that i can say about it, because we could manage to have our kids taking there classes during this difficult times.

Adrianna

Edmonds is a fantastic tool for the teacher who wants to communicate with parents quickly and...

Reviewed on 12/1/2018

Pros

It's very similar to a Facebook layout, thus very familiar for many to use right off the bat. Notifications appear on the app or you can get a text notice when something has been posted.

Cons

You have to set up a new class each year and parents have to re-join the new group with a code. Some parents don't like having to signup for the service, even if it's free for them.

Harry

A 100% SOFTWARE FOR EDUCATION

Reviewed on 22/6/2021

Great,

Pros

It's how teachers/students can coexisting similiar as a stay in a classroom only in a app in your phone. Also, the tools for made homeworks and options feel like a really backpack school. It's phenomenal.

Cons

Alarms and notifications are annoying. It's a big problem because it warns you until after the day.

Megan
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

what's better than free?

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Every educator knows that platforms come and go--because Edmodo is free and not reliant on a school license, it goes wherever you go!

Pros

It's free both online and through the app, resembles a social media (facebook) setup so it's fairly intuitive.

Cons

Quiz function doesn't always work well on the smartphone app version, but fine on tablet and desktop.