Alejandro M.

Very useful even for non 100% educational institutions

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

We are not an educational institution like a School, College or University, but we at the hospital we offer Continuing Medical Education and Educational Training to the nurse staff and Doctors. Thats how we applied for this amazing platform without being an educational institution per-sé.
It has worked for us very nice, until now, it has been well accepted among the users.

Pros

The user interface is very friendly (because its based in the UI of Facebook), so people get used to it very easily. I also like all the features that this platform offers.

Cons

Its a little bit tricky to use at the beginning even for the administrator if you don't have to much knowledge about it.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Collaborating tools for teachers

Reviewed on 25/2/2021

Pros

A tool which helps teacher to design quizzes and test for students in an attractive way. Its helpful in virtual classes. It is easy and user friendly. extremely helpful tool for teachers and students in online testing and giving feedbacks.

Cons

In my opinion there should be an online chat window for students and teachers both. There are multiple parallel programs which have same features and functions. The mobile version is n

Alison W.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

A "natural flow" LMS for students. Great for posting from homework to tests to parent...

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Edmodo completely changes the flow of the classroom from when I was a student. Before you lecture as students take notes, then hand out homework. There may be notes home for parents that you then have to keep track of. NO MORE! The LMS allows to you upload all of the notes ahead of time, keeping students engaged, paying attention and participating. The homework can be uploaded, reducing the environmental impact of education in our one-to-one iPad environment, reducing the "I lost my homework/ You lost my homework" issues (the internet could eat it, but haven't had that yet!), test functions reduce the amount of paper tests to complete. Finally, parent communication can largely occur through the application as well. It creates a "one-stop-shop" environment for the classroom and streamlines the classroom process for easy teaching, and easy learning.

Pros

I like the user-friendly interface of Edmodo. It seems similar to some social media platforms, making it easy for students to interact in a familiar way. There are good controls, such as restriction of student access, and read-only abilities. It is a great way for teachers to share work, notes, homework, etc with their classes, and interact with their students. Tests can also be handled through this platform. Students can also edit their work on the platform and receive feedback. Parent communication can also be handled through the application, which keeps them in the loop and helps students communicate at home with their parents regarding their work. Badges are a great motivator, especially in the gamified classroom. Students can also use the planner feature to keep track of and prioritize their work. It is also a way that teachers can interact with each other. Finally, the integration with other software, like Google, is pretty well handled.

Cons

The features of Edmodo can be a bit limited compared to some other LMSs, but it is also what makes it a simple enough tool to be easy to learn. The grading is simplistic and makes it harder to use in upper-level education. There has also been some interruption from ads, that while always school appropriate, are not always age appropriate, so it has created some questions in the classroom. I have had some problems with notifications, which support suggests is working as designed, but I would like to receive a bit more notification other than direct student messages. Parents would also like to have communications with them and their student come from one source for two-way communication, to one area, rather than what it is now, which is a bit wider spread across platforms. I have also had some issues with the display of my Chinese characters. Additionally, weighted grades, or varying the assignments by students would be helpful.

Johan A.

Personally prefer google classroom

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Pros

It is very easy to make a class and create work and attachments for a group or class.

Cons

I feel like administrators had a bit too much control over what they saw a student did and could do.

Linda B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Perfect platform for communicating with students!

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

I've had a great experience with Edmodo. They are very innovative and offer continuing education for teachers and also host educational technology conferences and webinars. They have great customer service and the platform is easy to use.

As a teacher I have to communicate with students. I worked at a school for four years where all teachers used Edmodo. The students knew that this was the place to find missing work or assignments and all class communication. I enjoyed creating surveys within the class stream and students could see real time results.

Pros

Edmodo is a great platform for student engagement. Students today are tech saavy and are comfortable using social media. Edmodo is set up like Facebook for education. I like that there is an app that students can download and will be alerted when I post a new lesson, resource or message. In the teacher app, I receive alerts when students submit work or comment in the class stream.

Cons

What I don't like about this software is that I have to manually input quiz questions, and after they are in the test bank, there is no way for me to download a complete test with answer key.

Helen W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Classroom Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2/7/2019

Edmodo helps me communicate classroom assignments and content to students and parents.

Pros

I really like that I can set up my classroom through Edmodo and share assignments with students for them to complete, with parents being able to access the site to keep up with student work. I love the resources available and the ability to message my students in real time. This has been a game changer in my classroom. Our entire school uses it!

Cons

I do not have any cons to report. This is a great free service!

I use all the time in my psychology class at the university.

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

We have been able to receive distance education.

Pros

It is to easy use all the time for to communicate with my teacher and my classmates, It works like a social network.

Cons

Everyone can see the information I post and I do not like that, If I no longer belong to that group of classes, I would like the information to be reserved, but in general its to cool.

Elvira M.
  • Industry: Banking

Great resource for Teachers, Students and Parents

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

I think the best feature of Edmodo is it's social aspect.Besides education students learn collaboration and patience with couching of teachers. Students, teachers and parents can create accounts for free. Other benefits of Edmodo are countless. With rich features and unlimited storage of Edmodo teachers can schedule quizzes, quickly create groups, manage progress, assign homework and more.Parents also are involved in learning with Edmodo and it makes Edmodo unique.

Cons

Overall I am satisfied with Edmodo except mobile version. It needs some improvements.The mobile version is not working properly as much as the website version

Marko V.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Helpful for interaction with my students

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

Pros

The up side of this app is that the user is able to provide students with versatile learning materials. The students are getting the appropriate feedback in form of different badges.

Cons

The down side is the lack of tool that would enable the user to track time students spend on different activities.

Eduardo L.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

My review of Edmodo

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Since I used it to collaborate in Spanish (my pupils were students of Spanish as a Foreign Language), using Edmodo for this project enabled me to help my pupils learn a lot of Spanish: I could have pupils comment on what pupils from Spain uploaded, and share content (video, text, etc.) in Spanish. The choice of Platform contributed to the successful completion of the project

Pros

The ease with which I could set up a course where pupils from a course from school in Spain could share/collaborate with pupils from one of my sources at the Six-Year Kugel High School in Israel. In addition, it is a secure and safe digital environment.

Cons

IT has a look that is quite similar to facebook. Some pupils were reluctant to use it because of that (However, I must point out that I could engage others precisely because itlooks like Facebook)

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Learning tool

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

First time I started to use Edmodo while I was in the very first year at university, our instructor uploaded a task there which everyone should complete it till deadline, so, for the first time I was positively shocked that, that kind of tools exists, and after that it became one of the lovely study tools in my study years, in nutshell I can say that it makes students and also teachers task much more easier.

Pros

It's great tool for the interaction between students and instructor, easy to use, lots of features, specially the calendar was my favorite, I could plan my tasks accordingly after starting to use Edmodo.

Cons

The only negative thing about edmodo, there is no chat window or private messaging options which as a student quick messaging is required between teacher in order to understand the task properly and do it accordingly.

Hardik S.

Have an online classroom to run? Edmodo is for you

Reviewed on 11/4/2019

Overall, my experience with Edmodo has been very positive. However, I believe the software has a long way to before it enters the streamline for learning management systems.

Pros

Edmodo initially may seem like Facebook repurposed for collaborative learning. The description would not be far from the truth. It serves as a forum for sharing work, asking questions to peers, and assigning tasks for students. It's also useful in managing some smaller groups.

Cons

The calendar function could be improved upon. More streamlining and thought towards UI & UX, especially in the IOS version of Edmodo would be very much appreciated.

Moffy R.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great software for social learning for students and teachers

Reviewed on 2/10/2018

Edmodo allows teachers and students to communicate and learn together. You can easily view the discussion forums per subject/ teacher. Students can also upload and turn in their works through Edmodo even at home on a weekend.

Pros

Edmodo is free to use for parents, students and teachers. Edmodo is a social media learning where you can post your discussions and communicate with other people while learning. Edmodo has unlimited storage for teachers to post their lessons, exams and homework assignments. They can also access it via mobile or desktop.

Cons

Although bad connection of internet might be a problem using Edmodo, it is easy to use and learn. Edmodo layout and newsfeed needs to be organize well so it will not confuse the users.

Wendy N.

I love the ease of use for the classroom.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

It allows me to quickly make assignments for my classroom kids, and also lets parents see the assignments.

Pros

Easy to use for both teachers and students. Let's teachers see student progress. Easy to make assignments, homework and give grades and comments to students. The software also lets students earn badges for work completed and select an avatar. Parents can also join and see student assignments.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow or does not load pages when I click assignments. It is easily remedied just takes more steps.

• Industry: Media Production

Good and Simple LMS.

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Edmodo is a very versatile online hosted LMS and free. I highly recommend giving this a try.

Pros

I was surprised by the LMS structure and reviews. I don't think another LMS with this type of UI exists. All the LMS have old school UI and they are boring to use. But with Edmodo, it's a really good experience. I just uploaded my lessons with required files and that's it. No more file linking all can be uploaded directly to the server.
Edmodo is similar to a social media site that we are used to but for education. I really like how this makes parents see their children progress and keep track of their study.

Cons

It is perfect for me as this helps me to get started for free. But as it is very similar to use social media some teenage people can get distracted.

Ariana S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Makes being a student easier

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

Thanks to edmodo my online class experience was enjoyable. The assignment layout was easy to understand and the communication was as well.

Pros

This software honestly made being an online student easier. I was able to connect with professor and submit documents all in one place. Im able to log in anywhere on any device and access my work and see whats going on in the class.

Cons

I have no complaints about Edmodo. It has helped tremendously and is super accessible.

Edmodo for the classroom

Reviewed on 12/6/2019

Edmodo is great to use in the classroom and with professional development classes with teachers. I had a great experience using it during a professional development class. I was able to see how students view Edmodo.

Pros

I like the most about Edmodo that as a teacher you can assign classwork or projects to your classes. Also, I can communicate with the students as a whole class or with individual students.

Cons

At the moment, I do not have any cons with Edmodo. I have been able to do what was needed with the software.

Funda K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Edmodo as a support LMS at tertiary level

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

We use in in different classes for group chat, blogs and idea sharing. very instructor is responsible for the course design and students use it to communicate on hot topics.

Pros

Now that there is a main LMS within the university, Edmodo is used class-based. That's why, it should be user friendly for each instructor and student to design and it is.

Cons

It does not provide a lot of features as other LMS. The blogging feature is the strongest one though.

Rachael W.

Edmodo

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

Overall, Edmodo is a great tool for the classroom and for distant learning. With this site, there is no more losing work or important notes.

Pros

Edmodo is a great website to use for both distant learning and in person learning. It allows one easy to access place to upload assignments and for students to turn in their work.

Cons

Edmodo is a great website to use for learning. My only concern would be the advertisements that pop up. I believe there is a way to turn them off though.

Eric K.

Good Resource

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Overall it served the purpose of communicating with the students in one place.

Pros

Good way to communicate with all students in one place. Students are able to have discussions on any topic the I posted and was able to get an idea of a student's understanding of the topic.

Cons

It didn't give many options to add other resources to the classroom that would help students with language barriers or trouble reading.

Ahmet burak A.

Great tool is Edmodo for students and teachers !

Reviewed on 23/3/2018

I am giving courses for some students after my work done and with Edmodo I had many smart and beautiful students and I met up with their parents.

Pros

Very easy to use for students and teachers. The way I liked how Edmodo doing its update without making you overwhelm. The most important thing for me was that If Edmodo really safe and reliable for the students more than teachers and their parents and I admire how Edmodo is great tool and safe for anyone after using I experienced it.

Cons

I do not have any problem with Edmodo it is really great and perfect tool. I can not say and complains about this software because I do not have. Price is quite okay and you can control and monitor your students easily.

Ana H.

very good, fulfills the functions expected of a program to take classes at a distance.

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

It allows me to take a postgraduate course taught remotely without any problem and be constantly notified of all activities to be performed.

Pros

It's totally free, there are no premium plans or anything like that for what you have to pay.
It is available in many languages.
It is very easy to use and its appearance is simple.
allows it to be used by minors by not requiring a mandatory email to access, only the code provided by the teacher is necessary.
allows that in the case that is required the parents or representatives can be included in the courses of the students.
gives access to word, powerpoint and excel online and also to google drive, you can save files created with these applications in the backpack that provides edmodo.

Cons

It gives some problems when trying to enter a class that is called equal to another of the same teacher even if they have different codes.
although it gives the option to connect with onedrive, it only allows you to do so if you have a professional or educational office 365 account.

Darielys G.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I love working at Edmodo.

Reviewed on 1/6/2018

Pros

Since I know Edmomo I enjoy using it because it allows me to contact my professor when I have a doubt in any activity to perform.

Cons

What I do not like is that the professor told us that when we finish the matter will remove us from the group and create a new one, I would like that Edmodo was more durable.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

A Lightweight and User-Friendly Classroom Tool

Reviewed on 18/4/2019

Pros

Edmodo is a nice tech tool for educators, specifically K-12. I started using it as a grad student in an education-related degree program, and got familiar with its features. I would say as a tool to help foster creative thinking and collaboration among students, its great. It runs very much like a social media feed, which should come very natural for students. Assignments, quizzes, and polls can be uploaded, allowing students to complete work and interact with you and one another outside of the classroom. Student progress can also be tracked by parents, allowing greater visibility into classroom work and activities.

Cons

For what it was designed for, I would say Edmodo works well. Like all cloud-based software, teachers and students need to be aware of what they are placing on the platform. Security should always be a part of planning discussions for schools and faculty, to ensure any compromises do not reveal personal information.

This was cool to keep in contact with my classmates.

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Pros

Was able to get assignments that I had missed if I was sick and missed class. Easier communication with lecturer, asked questions I missed in class.

Cons

Would be great if it directed students to references and books to read when it comes to specific classes.