ClickTime

Online timesheets and resource planning tools

4.6 /5 (195 reviews) Write a Review!

Shelley H.
  • Industry: Design

Satisfied Longtime ClickTime User

Reviewed on 5/10/2020

As a longtime user of ClickTime and one of our agency's Administrators. I absolutely love ClickTime. The Customer Support staff has always been responsive and supportive of our needs.
Years ago they worked with Sequel for the Admins to pull a special report landing in the most amazing, versatile pivot table that we still use today. This allows the super admins to summarize information and change parameters on the fly in ways that supersedes any of the Reports available too Managers.
Recently, as we investigated and explored adopting the Project Insights tool, our rep was supportive, informative and patient in the process. We are looking forward to using that tool and seeing it develop to better serve our agency.

Pros

• The amount of information that this application collects while being very simple for users to fill out.
• The variety of reports that managers can choose from viewing the data collected by task, person, project, etc.
• Exporting these reports and also lists of project or users etc. into varying formats, .html, PDF, Excel...
• The ease that the Advanced Tools allows Admins to alter past data that needs correction for a number of reasons, such as wrong task, wrong hours, wrong project, etc. were entered.

Cons

• Building custom reports can be a bit challenging
• The ease and speed with which managers can choose the best existing report for their use. Seeing previews could be more clear and faster.
• There is not an easy-to-use build-in way to monitor jobs by a project to project basis from budget to actual. We are currently adopting the Project Insights Tool that covers many of our needs but doesn't provide some features that we need to make it completely useful

Kyle L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great Time Keeping Software

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

Overall, the experience has been great. For the money, Clicktime is the best value. The user interface and ease of use is simple yet highly effective.

Pros

The software meets all our firm's needs. We use it as our primary time tracking software and an input into payroll. The reporting also allows us to utilize it in a project management capacity as well. Great tool for the price as compared to other more overly complex systems.

Cons

Limiting 24 hours in a day on the time entry portal. Our firms utilizes other tasks in addition to man-hours (i.e. specialized computer time). It would be nice if my employee could log more than 24 hours in a day. For instance 13 man-hours and 12 specialized computer hours.

B F.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Simple to use with lots of functionality

Reviewed on 28/11/2016

I set our organization up with Clicktime 3 or 4 years ago and it's worked beautifully for us ever since. It was easy to set up, which allowed us to start to use it immediately - and it was customizable in the areas that we needed it to be flexible. I can run just about any report I might need and export them in either PDF or Excel (Excel was a must for us). I was having trouble finding a simple timekeeping system that would fit our small non-profit budget and number of staff and it boiled down to Clicktime and one other system. We opted for Clicktime because it was particularly easy to use and would appeal to the less technically-inclined among our staff. We've been pleasantly surprised at the amount of muscle behind such a simple user interface. The only potential drawback I could see is that their model of paying per employee/month could become quite expensive very quickly in instances where an organization hires many contractors or employs more staff as they grow. But overall, this has been a great system for us.

Pros

Simple user interface, lots of reports to choose from (and ability to export them in PDF or Excel), all the functionality we needed, easy to customize and get started!

Cons

The price per employee/mo model can easily bump this software from affordable to unaffordable in instances where we had to hire a bunch of contractors for a project. Since overhead isn't often recovered with non-profits, it forced us to have contractors track their time outside of the Clicktime system.

Kimberly H.
  • Industry: Research

Support Team

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

ClickTime is user friendly and I haven't had any of our employees to complain. They actually like ClickTime better than any other software we have used in the past. I think we will be using this for years to come.

Pros

This software is user friendly. Being the administrator isn't hard either because ClickTime has an excellent support team that takes out time to listen and help to the best of their ability. I am always more than satisfied when I have to contact the support team. Keep up the excellent work!!!

Cons

I don't have any cons yet with the software. I guess the only thing I can think of is I wish I could convert the data into an invoice, but that's not enough for me to complain. Great software.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime!

I have some great news for you that we do have an invoice report available to you that will hopefully give you what you need.

Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be glad to walk you through the steps.

Customer Success Manager

Jeffrey S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

20+ year user!

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Love it. See above.

Pros

I love the reports that i can pull from the data. I have used Clicktime for over 20 years. I now have a firm of 4 people. We use it for all billing to customers. Incredibly easy to use and very, very customizable to fit my interior design and architecture firm's process. It provides me amazing insight into how we're billing time and informing new project quotes. LOVE it.

Cons

I really, really miss the desktop app version. (supported by
Silverlight?) I used to keep the small app window open on my desktop screen and bill time as the day moved forward. Now, the web app is dependent upon having an web site open at all times. We use the web for product and project-related searches all day long. This forces us to dedicate a different browser just for
Clicktime. Otherwise we are continually searching for the Clicktime screen. I dedicate the crappy Microsoft EDGE browser just to Clicktime and keep that open all day so i can easily bill time to various projects.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Jeff,

Thank yous o much for your review of ClickTIme!

We are so glad to hear that ClickTime is such a success for your firm.

ClickTIme | Customer Success Manager

David W.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

The Best I Have Used

Reviewed on 6/8/2020

I am a 30-year veteran of professional services, and I have used every means of time management from paper spreadsheets to massive enterprise software and accounting systems. I have never had a system that is so easy, so intuitive, and so flexible.

Pros

ClickTime is superb, available on my desktop, my tablet, and my mobile, and it has made timekeeping easier than ever. I like the pull-down menus, the ability to replicate a full day, and the at-my-fingertips access to deep analytic information about my team and the whole enterprise.

Cons

I would love a voice interface, and some way to integrate the system with our accounting system so that I can use the powerful expense management features. But these are quibbles.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi David,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime!

We are thrilled to hear when someone who has so much experience with timekeeping is so happy ClickTime.

Please remember that we are always here for you if we can be of any assistance.

Sebastien K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

AWESOME APP!!!

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

For the past 6 months, I was working for 7 different financial consultants. As anyone in that domain knows, that is a lot!! ClickTime made tracking the hours possible in the hectic scenario. The reports I could produce at the end of the weeks/months were perfect for forwarding to the consultants when needed.

Pros

The ease at which this app tracks your hours worked is impressive. It will rival any app out there!!!
There are soo many options for reports of all kinds.

Cons

There were some minor limitations I found in the billing process when changing from one payee to another, but nothing we couldn't work around.

I also never liked the plug-in, so I would just adjust the window to my liking everyday before work.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime!

We are so glad to hear that the system is working so well for you and your team!

Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. We are always available to help.

ClickTime| Customer Success Manager

Karen K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Clicktime Works For Us

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

Clicktime has been a good product for our payroll and expense reporting needs. Also great for capturing hours and equipment mileage for safety reporting.

Pros

- Easy to learn and use both mobile and computer app
- Reports are easy to manipulate so you can get the info you need
- Customizations are generally available or alternates are offered
- Billing is straightforward
- Customer service exemplary

Cons

Mobile and computer apps are not always updated at the same time, so changes available in computer app may not show in mobile app right away

Response from Clicktime.com

Karen,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

I am thrilled to hear that your customer service experience has been exemplary.

Brian C.

Easy to Use, yet Flexible

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Pros

Many time tracking solutions are so customizable that they're very difficult to use. On the other end of the spectrum are systems that are easy to use, but can't be customized.

ClickTime finds a nice balance between these two extremes. If can be customized sufficiently that it'll like match your workflow, but it is not so convoluted that one can't figure it out.

Cons

None really. I used to work for a timesheet solution company, but went with ClickTime because it did what I needed.

Response from Clicktime.com

Brian,

Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime!

We are so glad that we have been able to provide you and your firm with the balance that you need.

Ryan K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Best resource to track client billing

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

Overall I would say that software is outstanding and a must have for any business that utilizes billable hours as a primary means for income.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and set up employee accounts. We use the software daily to track billable hours and run reports to help supplement our invoices.

Cons

The only down side to the product is the cost. It may seem like only 15 per month per person is cheap when you are a small company it ads up quickly.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your review!

We're thrilled to hear you're finding ClickTime valuable for your team to easily track their billable hours and run reports. We appreciate your support over the last 2 years and look forward to continuing our partnership and learning more of your feedback.

Thanks!
Ethan

Jim H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

This is a good time tracking software

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

Clicktime has been a very useful product for tracking time off, staff hours to be billed to clients and hours worked for payroll purposes.

Pros

The software is very user friendly for time tracking, creating new jobs/codes/tasks, etc. It makes our billing of our staff's time very easy and efficient.

Cons

Even though I don't do it often, I struggle with being able to create customized reports.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime!

I am going to reach out directly because I want to help you with some customized reporting!

I look forward to working with you and thank you again for the feedback.

Ginger F.

Support

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Pros

Ease of use for the admin as well as employees. They have all the reports you need and a report builder to build your own that is very easy to use. Support is a phone call away and always willing and able to help with any additional needs but you hardly have to call but they are excellent when you do.

Cons

This software has satisfied what we need and there is not anything that I like least

Response from Clicktime.com

Ginger,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of ClickTime!

We are so glad to hear that the product is easy to use and that the support staff exceeded your expectations!

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else!

Denise M.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

Such an easy tool to track your time and progress on programs.

Pros

ClickTime is very easy to use to track your time spent on programs with an easy to use list of tasks to narrow down exactly what you are working on. The reporting tool is very easy to use and provides many standard reporting options.

Cons

I thought having to use this tool was going to be time consuming, but I was very wrong.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Denise!

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

We are so glad to hear that timekeeping has been so easy for you and your team.

Please let us know if we can ever be of any assistance, as we are always here for you.

Daniel S.

Long time user

Reviewed on 2/3/2020

Helps us properly track time and bill it for our consulting and development work.

Pros

Quite easy to get up and running. Has fair/flexible pricing based upon # of active users.

Cons

Searching for a project while in time-sheet view is cumbersome. Given today's technologies, this could be much better. Excel output row heights are 'funky'.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

We have some tips and tricks that we can share to help search for projects in timesheets. I will reach out directly with some details for you.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Nathan H.

Clutch software for our agency

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

Pros

Easy learning curve for new employees and simple time entry options.

Cons

Lack of dashboard functionality and some reports only export to CSV. Especially, the PROJECTS TO WATCH bar graph which is limited to only the top 10 projects.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime.

I wanted to let you know that I have added a feature request on your behalf to add more functionality to the dashboard view of ClickTime.

I will reach out directly as well, as I would love to hear more about how we can improve the ClickTime experience for you and your team.

Lisa E.

Easy!

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Great experience, use daily.

Pros

Easy, customizable way to manage your organization's time records. I use it daily, and like the ability to switch from a weekly v. daily view, add notes, create multiple project based-codes, and track expenses.

Cons

None -- the software is well designed, customizable, and easy to use.

Response from Clicktime.com

Lisa,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

We are glad to hear that it is working so well for you and your team!

Laura T.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great timesheet software!

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Clicktime has been incredibly stable and easy to use. If I need support for anything which is hardly ever, the issue has always been addressed immediately.

Pros

Easy to use and has been very stable. I've been using this software for about 15 years!

Cons

I have no issues with this software service.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Laura,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

I am so glad to hear that it has worked out so well for you!

Please remember that we are always here for you if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Ella D.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 17/1/2020

No compliant. Like it but would like to see it to evolve just as offering weekly allocations.

Pros

Easy to use for start-ups. Easy to set up.

Cons

Offers no weekly allocations or billing system such as creating invoices.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Ella,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime!

As your customer Success Manager, I have logged your request for weekly resource allocations.

We thank you for your honest feedback about your needs and only through your feedback can we continue to improve the system for all.

Nathan P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Lots of great features!

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

Overall, it was a wonderful tool. We switched to an in-house built product and it does not have anywhere close to the features that Clicktime had

Pros

This software was very easy to use and admin. The reporting features were great with lots of customization and ability to save steps. Easy to set up new users and super simple to train.

Cons

It was a little expensive and required quite a bit of work to get users out of the system (had to pay by the employee)

Michael S.
  • Industry: Design

Overall experience

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Our experience with ClickTime has been great over the past roughly 10 years we have been using it.

Pros

The ease of use for tracking time on the many many projects I'm involved with is critical to me and the company. Also, how easily i can run a quick report checking to see how many hours I and other users spend on a given task for a project is very helpful for future estimating of jobs.

Cons

For everything I use it for daily, I see no cons.

Katy C.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Review of Clicktime

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

Pros

This product is easy to use, the task description options is helpful

Cons

non-administrators should be able to add tasks

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Katy,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy that you've had a great experience using ClickTime overall!

Regarding adding tasks, your ClickTime admin can grant you that access if you think it would be beneficial. Hopefully that's helpful, and please feel free to contact our Support team if you have any further questions about ClickTime.

Thanks,
Ethan

Maria R.

New Functions

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Pros

Timesheet tracking is easy and friendly. The reports are good to.

Cons

It will be good if it could support also on project management and team allocation

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime!

I think that you would benefit from our Resource Planning module for your allocation needs.

Please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be glad to give you a demo.

Customer Success Manager

Susy P.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

ClickTime for all

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Ease to use and to track time by task and departments for our projects expense allocation

Pros

Application and website is ease to use.

Cons

for the purpose of our business there is not Cons

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Susy,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

I am so glad to hear that it has worked out so well for you!

Please remember that we are always here for you if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Meghan O.
  • Industry: Media Production

Clicktime

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

We see where time is spent more transparently.

Pros

Being able to log in from anywhere is helpful.

Cons

More HR hints built-in directly to the time tracking forms.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Meghan!

Thank you for your review of ClickTime!

I would love to chat with you more about your needs for HR hints being built into ClickTime.

Keep an eye out for an email from me as I would love to hear more.

Brea

Julie H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Service and Time Saver

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

The customer service is fantastic. They have great training videos but if you can't find what you need they are very responsive to email or a phone call. This is unheard of in today's digital world and sets them apart.

Pros

ClickTime has been a great addition to our company. It has simplified the way we track time and costs making it easier to see where we need to devote resources. It has helped improve our overall operations.
The reporting is extensive and provides a lot of valuable data that helps with business decisions.

Cons

The way client billing is set up within the system doesn't fit our business operation but we were able to work around that.