4.2
4.1
3.9
Mary H.
Industry: Financial Services

Formstack is crucial to an efficient small business

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Formstack allows us to automate tasks that we used to do manually, like sending information to prospective clients, gathering detailed information from current clients, sending a series of steps in a project, etc. It is a great value for the money, and is relatively easy to use. We have used it for several years and can't imagine being without it - it is critical to an efficient work flow for a small business, and a lot less expensive than paying an admin to do the same tasks.

Pros

In addition to the ability to build powerful forms using conditional logic, the greatest strength of Formstack (and probably most overlooked) is how a small business can use the response features to automate tasks they are currently wasting time doing manually. For example, you can use Formstack to create a contact form that lets a prospect choose what type of service they are interested in. Using the conditional logic, you can create automatic responses based on what they select (or where they are located, or whatever variable is important in your business) that include additional information -- links to videos, documents, whatever -- instead of having to pay someone to follow up with each contact individually. You can also use this to string together steps in a process: they complete Form 1, and then automatically receive an email confirmation with the link for Form 2, and so on. This functionality has saved our small company hundreds of hours of human time, AND increased customer numbers. For all the value we get out of it, Formstack is a bargain. It's one of those "how did we live without this" tools.

Cons

The look of the webforms themselves is dated - it would be nice if they would invest in some contemporary looking designs so the user sees something more sleek. Also the ability to have self-tallying forms, where someone could check boxes and it would total a dollar amount for a quote, would be fantastic.

Response from Formstack

Hi Mary!
Thank you for leaving a wonderful review! We love seeing happy clients! This article may help with your self-tallying forms concern: https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/2545508. If this doesn't help, please feel free to reach out to our awesome Support team, who will do everything they can to help!

Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

Overall, formstack was a great choice for our organization. We've setup and deployed dozens of forms for both public facing use and internal use.

Pros

Formstack's form builder is easy to use and has a lot of integration options. Our form building users range from not-so-tech savvy to power users and both are able to create forms with ease.

Cons

Lack of variety with field types. While formstack isn't a "survey" tool, it's a form tool, I think they could implement a lot of field types that survey tools use and make it easier to use a single platform for all form/data collection needs.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are in the process of updating our survey capabilities with advanced features and field types. We will announce the updates as soon as they are available.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Nik K.
Industry: Insurance

Right Price in a sea of competition

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

Overall, I highly recommend Formstack or at the very least giving it a try.

Pros

There are a lot of options when it comes to esign software. Formstack is both competitively priced and easy to use. Most importantly, my clients find it very easy when I can just text them the document to sign.

Cons

It's a constantly evolving software and I have no complaints as of yet. If I had to be picky, their mobile app could be more robust.

Industry: Performing Arts

Cancelled my account after 1 month -Most useless tech support of all time.

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

I missed numerous deadlines and opportunities to gain customers because I couldn't get these forms set up for the beginning of our school year (we're a music school and these were our registration forms). This has been my single worst customer service/support experience ever.

Pros

If it has worked, it would have been great that you can process credit cards right there in the form. It's also nice how you can save form sections, and there are many options for question/answer templates.

Cons

As soon as I started using Formstack, there was an issue with the payment processor integration where credit card transactions would not go through. I started out using Stripe, and when it didn't work, I contacted support, but none of their solutions fixed it, so I switched to Paypal. I then had the same issues with Paypal. I emailed back and forth with Support for a long time. They offered me the same 4 solutions repeatedly, all of which I tried. I explained to Support that these things weren't helping but it was as if they had amnesia and didn't remember they had already suggested the same things, which didn't work.

I sent a message to the Sales team instead to see if they could get me in touch with a different Support professional who knew how to fix this problem (no phone #s on website). Sales said they would escalate the issue. When I didn't hear back for a week, I emailed again asking to cancel my account, and the Sales person said they had emailed support and that "the issue is with your payment processor," which of course I already knew and was the reason for my message in the first place. They continued to insist that the issue was with Paypal. I talked to Paypal support and the problem was not on their end.

Many annoying issues with the form creation interface too- like to move questions you have to drag and drop by scrolling through the entire form. And the item/event purchase requires you to give the option of ordering more than one of each item.

Response from Formstack

Hi there,

We feel just awful that you had this experience. I sent your review over to our Director of Customer Care. She had a meeting with all of the support team leads to go over your experience. She said she would really like to chat with you, on a call, and give you two months for free if you'd be at all interested, just to ensure you can get up and running again. Her email is [email protected] While we have won awards for our excellent customer support, your experience has pointed out some glaring issues we're taking care of immediately. We'd still love the chance to make this right for you, but understand if you're not interested. Either way, thank you for the review and helping us improve our customer support team!

Industry: Public Safety

Lots of Features

Reviewed on 12/4/2020

Great options for communicating with your survey users - you can set it so they are automatically emailed a response and also customize the landing page they are taken to after completing the survey.

Pros

There's a lot you can do with forms using this program. You can customize the URL of the form and easily embed it into other sites.

Cons

Sometimes when I duplicated forms, I noticed that the logic would get lost. This was frustrating as I would have to go through the form again to add the missing parts of the logic back. We also always had problems with people who saved their surveys being able to access them again.

Alyssa M.
Industry: Sports

I like it!

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

We use this for new customer registration and have it attached to a payment portal. It's great because the customer can check box all the agreements and use one signature for everything. Families can fill out all their information and Pay in less than 5 minutes. HUGE time saver and we get more business, because people don't have to ever stop and come back to it or flip through pages.

If you are a martial arts school and are trying to figure out how to do new student intake and payment without using the really expensive companies like Mind Body or Zen Planner. I highly recommend using along side a merchant system like MXmerchant or a couple of the others Formstack has listed on their website and is compatible with.

You can look at my website to see how we have done it ourselves, and saves someone else all the headache we went through before coming up with this. https://www.fitandkick.com/

Pros

As soon as I started the trial it was easy to navigate through, and I could pretty quickly figure out what I was looking for. Everything is organized intuitively for a new user. That is probably what made me happiest about it. It also has great options for keeping data protected. That was something we struggles with a lot looking at other form generators.

I can also generate a ton of different forms at no extra cost. I even use this if parents are signing for our annual potluck.

Cons

I don't get a lot of control manipulating the text for each field or heading. My biggest struggle is making the forms easy fora customers eyes to follow the page and be easy to fill out. When all the text is stuck the same size, the question and list of checkbox answers, it is kind of overwhelming, and customers in a hurry get lost and have to go back and re-read.

Daniela S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good for the price, but lacking in integration with Salesforce

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

One of the most cost-effective form tools we've found and extremely easy to use. I wish there was a bit more versatility to the type of questions you can add to a form, but overall it's pretty good!

Cons

Our chief complaint was how many workarounds we've had to use in order to get SalesForce integration to work for us. The Formstack for Salesforce product leaves MUCH to be desired (taking away all form customization available in regular formstack) and it has taken hours and multiple team members to be able to streamline our formstack to salesforce process. It's now pretty seamless but it shouldn't have taken that many resources for a simple form-to-opportunity functionality.

This came from a frustration in the lack of functionality in list creation, updating, and note creation with Salesforce, none of which worked well at a high level within formstack.

Response from Formstack

Hi Daniela!

Thank you for leaving us a review! We love hearing from customers. We do offer a 100% native Salesforce app that does not require any connectors or integrations. You can find information on that here: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000B5GNkEAN.

Please feel free to leave any product enhancement ideas you have on our ideas site at: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Thank you!

Steven S.

Favorite form provider!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Pros

Love Formstack! We switched from Wufoo and haven't looked back. While the investment was a bit steeper, it was worth it. The user-interface is extremely intuitive; multiple team members including myself were able to jump in right away with minimal orientation/training. We've had no issues with the service or support whatsoever.

Cons

If only to be nitpicky, canned reporting would be nice (conversions this month, conversions last week, etc.) rather than having to manually set the date range. Some sort of safeguard against bogus form completions ([email protected];sdfsd.com) would be nice as well.

Response from Formstack

Hi Steven!

Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We are thrilled that you love our product!

We are continually updating our product and would love to hear from you with any ideas you have to improve the app. Please visit https://ideas.formstack.com.

Industry: Events Services

Formstack Review

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Overall, Formstack gives me the ability to get responses from large groups of people in a seamless way.

Pros

What I like most about using this software is the ability to gather information digitally. You can send out a link to your form and multiple people can make responses. One of my favorite features of this software is the ability to extract the information as an excel. It give you information all the way down the the exact time that the person submitted their response to the form.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the inability to find certain settings. For example, it could be difficult to find out how to disable a form after a certain time or number of responses unless you already had knowledge of it.

Mark N.
Industry: Hospitality

No better way to capture important data

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Using Formstack has seamlessly allowed us to capture duch important information from new customers and staff members.

Pros

We use this product to have customers enroll and buy our product - simple, easy and clean way to capture all the important information and allow them to safely input credit card information for payment

Cons

I am concerned that Formstack is considering changing the way they permit the user to keep credit card information.

Kristen H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

We use Formstack every day and we love it!

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

I love how easy Formstack is to use. Building forms is a breeze , the support is great, and we love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce to give us quality, high converting lead pages. Formstack has helped us refine and define our lead capture process and following up with qualified prospects has become even easier.

We use Formstack for all of our lead capture across our whole website. Since starting with Formstack over a year ago, we're seen an average lead conversion rate of around 30% -- and these aren't just any leads, these are warm, marketing qualified leads.

Cons

We're happy with Formstack's functionality, however we're not a big fan of their updated Dashboard in the platform. We used to see a screenshot of big picture stats and our average conversion rate. Now we see a listing with each of our forms, but we don't feel like we're getting the value we used to get through this update.

Response from Formstack

Hi Kristen:

We are thrilled that using Formstack has helped you refine/define your lead capture process. It's true that our updated Dashboard no longer has the big picture stats, as those stats represented the combined data of all of your forms, and we felt this was an outdated way to view performance. We hope this hasn't been too much of an inconvenience for you.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our product.

Drew S.
Industry: Sports

Solid and helpful product

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

For myself, I use formstack more with our Boomer’s Kids Club and is the primary way for parents to sign their kids up and for us to collect payment along with their information for the sign up. The organization also uses this as a way to help sell group tickets. The link can be sent out to specific groups and is a way for individuals to purchase group rate tickets with all info and payment going directly to the account rep rather than having one individual collect all payments and distribute tickets. When fans purchase, they either select mail or will-call. All purchases are fulfilled and fans are seated as their orders come in.

Pros

This product is a way to help with group ticket purchases and a way for fans to sign up for our Kids Club.

Cons

Sometimes the formstack entry gets submitted twice. This happens more frequently than you’d expect, resulting in the customer being charged twice and our organization having to refund them.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry to see that this error has occurred more than once and would like to take a look to fix the issue. If you don't mind, please submit a ticket with our Support Team so they can jump into your account and investigate this error. You can do that here: https://help.formstack.com/hc/en-us Thank you!

Melissa S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Mislead by Staff in regards to Infusionsoft Integration, Won't Provied Refund From Their Mistake

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 21/4/2020

Everything up until discovering that the product was not as promised was good. The people I dealt with were kind and pleasant to work with. It was clear that they were under the same impression I was, they communicated this to me via email, apologized for the mess up and tried to make it better. However, the only thing that would make it better is a refund as I was still paying for all the other systems that this one was intended to replace but without the integration there was no reason why I would change and pay more for what I already had set up and in use. The whole purpose of changing was to consolidate and send the data to my CRM without using an integration tool so that we can create a HIPAA compliant integration and start sending patient data between the forms and the CRM which was not a possibility all along, or at least not at the price they quoted me but they never fixed the issue which was a major disappointment given the otherwise positive experience with their staff.

Pros

I initially liked working with the people, for the most part, I think the ones I delt with are more or less at the mercy of their employer and it appeared as though they were mislead on the capabilities so I don't hold them responsible.

Cons

I only discovered them by researching systems that integrated with Infusionsoft. After several discussions and the sales person researching the uses I needed and whether or not Formstack could provide those solutions, it was determined that it does offer the integration with infusionsoft and that we could build a form that we can use for checking clients in for appointments, collecting information through intake documents, onboarding new staff and clients. We discussed at length using the forms to collect patient data that could sync with our CRM, Infusionsoft and this was all confirmed. The price was quoted to me that would include Formstack, Docs, and Sign. It was more than I was paying for an electronic document system, an electronic check in system, an integration tool, and an onboarding / training tool however the convenience of consolidating all of these into one platform was the reason I purchased it. After a full month of trying to set it up with my rep, talking to the strategic accounts manager, more testing with my set up rep, it was finally determined that integration with infusionsoft was an additional custom coding project and would cost hundreds more a month. This was not what was communicated, I was invited to meetings with the developers to sell me an integration, I asked for a refund and and was happy to talk once they had the integration they advertised. They agreed but never gave me the refund. Their mistake cost me about $2,000 for an unusable product.

Mark W.
Industry: Religious Institutions

I heard you like forms in your forms

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Great experience. We still use it for complex logic based forms immensely. It allows for so many if statements to capture exactly what we want from the person filling out the form.

Pros

Ease of use. Drag and drop is something people just get. Training a staff member on how to build their own forms only takes a few minutes and they get the basics and are off to the races with their work quickly. When you empower your staff to do their job and more it means less work for you so you can focus on the things they can't do.

LOGIC! Logic is amazing and so fluid and helpful.

Cons

Cost structure. We have lots of small forms and lots of users, but formstacks structure does not like that. If you build fewer forms and lots of responses it works great. Lots of forms with smaller reponses you hit the cost barriers quickly. Of course if you delete the data it works fine, but if you give formstack as a tool to your staff and you don't want to manage the amount of forms it becomes unwieldy quickly.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

All the Basics You Need for Your Data Collection

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Making the move from paper-based forms and needing to collect increasingly complex data, Formstack was able to meet and then exceed our expectations. The data export features were just what we needed at that time.

Pros

Formstack allows users to customize forms to meet their needs. It simplifies both the form design and the collections process. For form design, it offers an intuitive interface that is easy to get started with and includes many ways to control the behaviour of each section on the form. What we liked most about FormStack was the quality control features they had built in to make that forms were being used correctly. Submitted forms could either be approved or rejected before being added to the data pool.

Cons

We didn't have any paper-based issues with Formstack. Formatting the look of the forms themselves was a bit of a pain sometimes with limited options available in the interface.

Chris H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great way to consolidate forms

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

Formstack has been great to integrate all of our company's internal forms. We don't use it, customer -facing, though. I've been happy with it.

Pros

It is easy to use for the most part and the forms look nice. They are better than the cheaper-feeling system we used in the past.

Cons

I wish it was easier to link common fields between forms so that if I update a pick list in one place it updates in the others. What they have makes it easy to create new forms but I do have to go back and update them when things change.

Greg C.
Industry: Retail

While there are many form tools out there, formstack wins!

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

We needed a secure way to collect sensitive information for use by several departments while keeping the data secure. Formstack does this and makes it easy for the team.

Pros

The ability to encrypt submissions and the simplicity of configuring additional users to view submissions. Finance, operations, sales and customer service all use Formstack and onboarding / training these departments was super easy. We set everything up in minutes. The form builder is super intuitive and easy to figure out. Our team loves the customization options around the email notifications. Would highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have any cons as it has served us well since day one.

Response from Formstack

Hi Greg!

Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We are absolutely thrilled that you have had a great experience and have been able to utilize us for various teams across your organization.

Randall C.
Company size: Self Employed

Best and Easiest to use Form and registration service that I have ever used

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

I have used Formstack since the have begun and really have seen them go from a great product to and even greater product through the years. I always explain it to say it is like Google Docs on Steroids. User interface is great and the customer service has always been amazing. Rather than spending an hour googling some solution to a problem I am having with a form I can always contact them by email or phone and get a great response spoon.
The integration with third party services are great as well as the custom notification emails sent to attendees of events based on how they fill out their form.
I can't recommend them enough for people who are trying to do online registration with groups of people.

Pros

Ease of Use. Integrations of third party services, customer service

Cons

Really not much. Any time I have had a negative I have called and they have fixed or shown me what to do.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for the wonderful review and for being a loyal customer!

Earle K.

Uggh....

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

I wish I could tell a different story, but unfortunately,​ we had a terrible experience with the software and the "support" team.

Pros

It is completely web based. That is really the only good point about the solution.

Cons

Where do I begin? Our team who used this software constantly received Error: -1 (Submission could not be updated) when editing a form. This was our Care team and they were typing notes from a meeting, and this error would cause all the notes to be lost. We contacted support, and instead of being helpful, they blamed it on the browser (when we had tried all possible browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and even Edge) and were able to replicate the issue on all of them. Then support said it was our internet connection. After receiving this error, we performed speed tests and were getting higher performance than what our contract said we should get (well above the recommendations Formstack had). Then they said it was because we were using a VPN (which we were not). After all of this, the next person told us to try a different browser, then test internet speed, and then turn off VPN. This nightmare went on for weeks when we finally cut ties with them.

Robert R.
Industry: Higher Education

Forms made easy with Formstack

Reviewed on 8/3/2019

Pros

This web based form builder is more than that. It helps you create and collect information from forms that you customize. It also has various integrations that you can use to advance your forms the way it fits your organization. Super.

Cons

I did not have any big issues with using the web based form builder. Its simple and very easy to use. Literally drag and drop.

Industry: Automotive

Great tool for creating custom forms that can be used standalone or integrated into an application.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 13/3/2018

Did not have to spend time developing forms, rather could iterate quickly trying to find the best UX to get data from our users.

Pros

There are a lot of field types that make it easy to construct complex forms and workflows. Add the automation options (webhooks etc) and the product becomes very powerful.

Cons

While we were able to integrate the product into our own software, we had to do some javascript magic to make it happen. If there was an easier way to include formstack forms into our custom software, the product would be near perfect.

Response from Formstack

We love to see happy clients and appreciate the great review. We do have webhooks and an API that may help moving forward. You can find that info here: https://www.formstack.com/features/webhooks-api. You can also reach out to our Support team at any time with any questions you may have.

If you should have any recommendations to improve our product, please don't hesitate to add them to our Ideas site: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Chris H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Forms...

Reviewed on 25/12/2018

Formstack is great if you need a central place to keep your internal company forms and have them conditionally email the responses to different inboxes.

Pros

Formstack is pretty reliable. I can set it and forget it. It is pretty easy to make fairly complex forms with intelligent conditionals.

Cons

The forms don’t look as modern as other form creation products.

Edwin L.

Form got deactivated poor notice

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Pros

Good features and good functionality. Very good for integrating with google sheets and google drive to make systems more efficient.

Cons

I was moving from a different form generating software and so did the same that I was doing before. They have more sensitive information security which is good.

I was given a warning and so I emailed back and after reading their info page re:information security about how I can comply with their policies.

Replies were not succinct and while I was trying to figure out how to follow their rules they deactivated my form and disrupted the business operation. Sad face. And angry face at the same time

I am sorry I live in Australia and it is 12am here when Formstack is operating.

Sad and feel like they don't really care about me much.

Response from Formstack

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer Support. If you should have any further issues or concerns, please reach out to our team at [email protected]

Please note that that we are moving towards 24-hour Support.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

uses form to trigger work flow for contract management process

Reviewed on 17/4/2018

Pros

the ease with which one can develop a robust form that is easy for use by end users and does not have to have further training to use

Cons

it lacks a certain level of malleability when it comes to the structure and what is standard offerings (ex: i need 5 columns and it only has 4, unable to edit email sent out to end users)

Stuart G.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Pretty good product at a good price.

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

Formstack is fairly simple to use. Like all products, it has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you learn it it isn't too bad.

Pros

It's fairly simple to copy events to new forms. You can group events together in folders for convenience sake.

Cons

I'm frustrated by a number of problems and lack of features. For examples - The users can't modify their registrations. The confirmation emails are fairly limited in scope and functionality. You can't send emails to all registrants, you can hook up to a third party emailer, but that doesn't work for me with my emailer. There are others, but I don't want to sound like a basher. Overall I'm pretty happy and I make it work for my needs, but I am on the prowl for other solutions.