Firefish

Write a Review!
The Recruitment CRM that accelerates data-driven growth.

4.6/5

Terry
  • Industry: Automotive

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 21/6/2019

The software is great it does what it's meant to, but I'm sure there are a lot of great packages out there, the stand out for me is the customer service and support, prompt, efficient, they listen, always answer the phone, nothing is too much trouble, I get the feeling they appreciate and want to keep our business, which in this day and age is a rarity unfortunately

Pros

Easy to set up and use, excellent value for money, and the online suggestions are brilliant and actually result in things being done

Cons

Nothing, it has always done what we wanted and it's continually being improved

Kelly
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Excellent ATS for SME recruitment businesses, I would chose over others I have used in the past

Reviewed on 23/11/2022

I love this software and would recommend it to any SME business that is considering an ATS.

Pros

Ease of use, variety of features, and excellent customer service. The fact that you can make suggestions to help improve the user experience and this is then voted on and implemented shows that they actually listen to customer feedback.

Cons

I feel the marketing of candidates to clients could be easier.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Firefish

Customer service, ease of use, and price were all exceptional. Having used Bond Adapt and Bullhorn previously, I find firefish to be easier to use and have more features and benefits, at a better price.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your review. We're glad you love Firefish, our customer service and find the product easy to use.

Many Thanks,

Paul

Feedback

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Great system and great support.

Great system and great support.

Pros

Having moved from Bullhorn it is clear how much more support you get as an SME with Firefish. Lots of ways to drive improvements and is simple to train staff on, build KPI's and report. Also you get the ability to interact with your entire database.

Cons

Still some glitches that occur but always resolved quickly.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your review. We're glad you're happy with Firefish and appreciate the level of support you receive.

Many Thanks,

James

Stress-free migration

Reviewed on 18/5/2020

Our biggest issue was that we didn’t have a two-way communication tool with our candidates. With the FireFish Software, the issue is solved. The interactive candidate portal always candidates too take ownership of there profile, update availability and set up automatic job alerts. All of which are key features in helping us improve the candidate experience with Optima.

Pros

The migration process was stress free, something that I would never have dreamed of during our considering changing our CRM. A clear and detailed migration plan with realistic timescales was shared at the start of the migration. The FireFish team were in constant communication with updates through the migration. Despite some complications with the data provided by our former CRM provider, the product was delivered on time. The on boarding team provided clear a training programme which has help the team settle into the new system. The team are enjoying using the software, in particular the ease of navigation and simple workflows.

Cons

The only downside is not being able to customise some terminology for internal use but this is not a major issue.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and JobAdder

Reasons for Choosing Firefish

Optima needed a system would help change the culture internally and improve candidate experience. Optima also needed a system that would provide a excellent support service and that would be adaptive to our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Firefish

The personal approach from the FireFish team, the competitive pricing structure and mainly the software features.
jackie
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Total Package for my agency - my absolute critical tool I use.

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Love this tool! Its always been my favourite tool to work with since I established the business in 2017. Without it I would have been lost.

Pros

Its very user friendly - it matches to candidates very well. Easy to move through - I have had new starters who have managed to get their head around it in a couple of days. Simple but effective!

Cons

I feel the only real area that could be improved on is the sales pipeline tool and sending jobs to a centralised report for sharing.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your review!

Wise May Ltd - Review on Firefish

Reviewed on 20/7/2020

Fantastic overall service. The team are quick to respond, always happy to help and NOTHING is too much trouble. I have worked for a company and used a different database for the last 10 years, I feel with the Firefish technology I will be in a much stronger position than before, it does things I didn't know a database could do, I have been amazed at everything it has to offer. I have received complete help & support with my website and I am so pleased with the finished product! Couldn't be happier with the service overall.

Pros

From start to finish the Team at Firefish have made the process very seamless and stress free. The Software itself is extremely intuitive and user friendly. The searches are great!

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about it

Reasons for Choosing Firefish

Started up my own company

Reasons for Switching to Firefish

I preferred it and Firefish came back to me much quicker than the others, I felt they wanted my business. I had a demo that day and didn't feel that I was being pushed into a hard sell.
Garvan

Firefish Review

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

Very positive, the product is intuitive, support is excellent and there are regular updates with good enhancements.

Pros

Logical workflows so easy for new staff to learn the system.

Cons

Jobboard integrations could offer more functionality like how many credits used/available per month, which adverts are posted on XX job board and editing adverts within a period (if allowed by the job board). Reporting could be expanded for better management visibility of individual and team performance.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Garvan,

Thanks for your review. A member of the customer team will be in touch and run through a few of our new job board features that will help you with what your traying to achieve.

Tim

Great service, great product

Reviewed on 21/6/2019

Just overall it has been a great experience from first phone call (the pitch)4 years ago to integrating it with a new website last month. Great service, good product and great value.

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to change to your exact needs, we bought in to the database as it's set up with just recruiters in mind and you get a first class service, you can actually pick the phone and get an answer within 5secs rather than 'raising a ticket' which takes 48hrs for an email response.

Cons

Honestly, nothing, it is very much the 'ronsil' of recruitment software, it just does exactly as you need it to do.

Natalie

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

From initial contact to where I am now the process has been faultless.
The team were excellent in...

From initial contact to where I am now the process has been faultless.
The team were excellent in the early days (onboarding), and their ongoing support via Live Chat/ Blogs & Webinars is incredibly useful. The system is easy to use and integrates well with the other systems (job boards, email etc).

Pros

The functionality is excellent, its easy to use and integrates well with other systems (Email, Job Boards etc).

Cons

The software does have elements that I don't use in my business, but that's not really a criticism of the software more my inability to use all the functionality properly.

Morgan
Morgan
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

very buggy and needs a UI that is more straightforward to navigate

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

good and bad, it's good for the simple stuff, but we are not able to utilise these features as they aren't great to use

Pros

There are a lot of features, but not enough of them do the job properly

Cons

it tends to be buggy and slow. There needs to be more features to help recruiters save time and organise their pipeline and candidates better.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Morgan,

Thank you for your review. We'll pass your feedback onto our customer team.

Mary

A Must For Recruiters!!

Helps generate more business/sales

Helps generate more business/sales

Pros

Great onboarding -Easy to use recruitment software - helps generate more business -good system for managing candidates and recruitment process

Cons

Can be a bit slow sometimes but overall very useful recruitment tool

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your review!

We're so happy that Firefish has helped you generate more business/sales.

Rachel
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Firefish Review

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

With 20 years industry experience and many systems behind me this is the best I have ever used. Plus the customer service right from the beginning with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and now [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been exceptional.

Pros

I love this software, I love the fact it is adaptable in every sense to the way I want to use it, from the set up to the e mail templates and how I communicate with my candidates. Its brilliant.

Cons

I honestly cant say anything negative. It is brilliant and I would happily recommend to anyone. I can't say anything negative at all.

Reasons for Switching to Firefish

I found the customer service element from Beth to be so personable, plus the fact it is so adaptable to my personal needs to my business. It was my first choice.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your review. We're so glad that you love the software and that you've had such a good experience with Firefish.

Annejulie
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

So glad we made the switch to FireFish!

Reviewed on 18/9/2021

From initial engagement to onboarding and follow up the whole process was slick, informative and professional. Their customer service is excellent and always consistent no matter who you deal with. I’ve been nothing but impressed! A superb experience and that hasn’t waned after two years working with them.

Pros

The stand out thing about Firefish for me is how easy it is to engage with our candidates and keep the database fresh and relevant. Candidates can manage their own work & marketing preferences via an online portal so their info is kept up date, compliant and they can sign up to job alerts that are specific to them. The automation is great; saving our consultants precious time away from admin. It gives us the functionality of a great CRM & applicant tracking system with added benefit of being able to market out effectively too. Many of the support team at FireFish are x- recruiters so they really get us and offer lots of useful market insights.

Cons

There’s not a lot not to like to be honest. They integrate with a lot of job boards but unfortunately not with Indeed so that would hep given their market share. It would help if we could see some engagement indicators on the mailshots we send to hiring managers.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Annejulie,

Thank you for your lovely review!

We hope you continue to have a great experience with Firefish.

Claire

What a great system!

Reviewed on 27/6/2019

Firefish has made our working day so much more productive and I certainly don't know how we would have coped with GDPR without it.

Pros

We have been using Firefish for quite a few years now having moved over from Bullhorn. What a difference. At Bullhorn (being a small agency) we were just a number and rarely got actually speak to anyone when we had a problem. The team at FF have been nothing but helpful and supportive (especially when I ask stupid questions) and have worked really hard to ensure everything works smoothly. The system itself is very easy to learn, I would say intuitive and that is such a benefit when you are training new staff. I find the reporting particularly useful e.g. pulling together stats for clients and also being able to change and update our website at the click of a button is fantastic.

Cons

What is there not to like? If I was being super picky I think the only thing I would like more of is the chance to customise attachments on jobs e.g. if a client has their own privacy policy which needs to go out to candidates on submission but really I am just looking for problems. It is great.

Simone

Customer Support is Second to None

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

Really good

Really good

Pros

Ease of use and functionality plus customer support of course

Cons

Reports are a bit complicated and there are some 'hard coded' menu drop downs that would be better if you could put your own in. Also ability to change the dates / amend certain things (ie the date you sent a CV for example)

Reasons for Choosing Firefish

Felt we needed a more modern UI with better candidate management and tracking

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Simone,

Thank you for this lovely review! We're so happy that you're loving not only the product but our amazing customer support team.

Andy
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Firefish

Pretty good.

Pretty good.

Pros

Customer service and support has been excellent and I have noticed some updates within the first 8-12months that have improved the usability. They definitely listen to their customers.

Cons

I find some of the searches limited. For instance, I can't just put in a town or county and get the candidates from those area. It only seems to work by postcode and most applicants don't put their postcodes on their CVs.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your review!

Gillian
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great software and a great team

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

From the beginning of the process, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredibly easy to work with in terms of the data migration and testing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was also great with any snagging and helping to build a monitoring tool which we need for Northern Irish fair employment laws. The candidate experience has been great using the online portal and it has improved efficiency in terms of moving candidates through all the workflows as well as streamlining our GDPR process. The support team are also great and always available to help.

Pros

It's incredibly user-friendly and works extremely well for a small to medium-sized recruitment firm as the support is always available and they get to know you well. With our previous provider we felt like a small fish (no pun intended) who they didn't really care about. The GDPR offering is great and takes the hassle out of things. Having applications appear on your dashboard is great and the dashbard also makes it really easy to manage your candidates through the recruitment process.

Cons

Not being able to come out of draft emails to check another record before sending and not having visibility over when jobs are due to expire on external job boards.

Melanie
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Easy to navigate and adapting to needs

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

The customer service is excellent, the product easy to use and the price very reasonable

Pros

It is easy to use and train others to use. I particularly like that the software is adapting to needs of the customer

Cons

There are still small issues I have with it but these are being looked into and in development

Steve

Excellent product & support

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Having researched many companies, Firefish came up on top in every area possible. Before purchasing it I had no idea how good their customer support was. It's quite frankly excellent and an example of how any customer support should be.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and customer support are all excellent. Whenever there is an issue the support team respond very quickly and are always happy to get that extra mile in making sure any issues or difficulties are sorted out.

Cons

None to report. There is an issue with MS365 Email Server, but it's being sorted.

Vincere

Reasons for Switching to Firefish

The best value and product I'd seen.
sally
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

An excellent CRM that enables you to manage multiple clients and candidates

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Firefish has enabled us to manage large numbers of candidates and clients and be more productive. The have excellent support, a great company to work with.

Pros

It is user friendly, intuitive and logical. It is constantly evolving and improving.

Cons

A few minor tweaks such as the email box much larger so you can see all of an email template you are editing.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Sally,

Thank you so much for your review! We're over the moon that you're loving Firefish.

Thank you for your suggestion on the email box. Just remember if you have any suggestions you can raise them on the user community or get in contact with support.

Tom

Tom @ Optima

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Pros

ease of use, good search facility. good reporting suite

Cons

can be glitchy. lack of two way API, from sales lead platforms and job boards

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your review. We're happy you find Firefish easy to use and appreciate our searching and reporting!

Keep your eyes peeled for more updates to our API in the future.

Lou

Integral to our business

Reviewed on 19/8/2019

Pros

The way in which it pulls all communication from Outlook, Job Boards and our website into one central base.
We can easily pick up on communications between colleagues and candidates.
Firefish prompts us to keep the engagement with our candidates relevant and current.
It captures data and allows us to pull of reports.
There are areas for candidate data, job advertising, interviews and offers, full-time or part-time it covers all bases.
The support is second to none, immediate and spot-on
Continuous support on topics such as GDPR, Webinars on everything you could think of to help your recruitment business

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like - if you have a suggestion the company has a customer ideas page and they do take the feedback on board and change things if required.

David
  • Industry: Accounting

Great System..backed by great people

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

The team at Firefish are great, very quick to respond to any queries and their passion for service seems to be second to none.

Pros

The interface is very easy to use and I'm pleased to say very logical. It allows a seamless flow between access to the files and doesn't have that clunky feel that so may CRM have.

Cons

For a single user, I don't really get to use all of it's functionality but that's not really a negative.

Firefish Database

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Its a good CRM with some great functionality. A few improvements could easily make it the best on the market.

Pros

I like that you can customise certain areas of the database without having to contact support. The candidate flow is quite simple making it easy to follow.

Cons

Their is no CV Parce of easy way of uploading a candidate and is quite manual.Another negative is there is no option to bulk upload CV's or client contact details without using a FF admin which cant take weeks to complete so is not always possible.

Response from Firefish Software

Hi there,

Thank you for review and thank you for your feedback! I will pass this along to our customer team.

Danielle
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great Software

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Great experience, a vast improvement on our previous software!

Great experience, a vast improvement on our previous software!

Pros

Ease of use, self explanatory, versatile

Cons

Some of the lists are not as user friendly as i would live, the searching could be improved, retaining search fields when searching

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for your review! It's great to know that you love the software.