Docusign

4.8 (8,554)
Write a Review!
Electronic signature & document approval software

(8,554)
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.7/5
4.5/5

Jon
Jon

Easily get documents digitally signed with speed.

Reviewed on 14/2/2023

It's easy for me to set up contracts to sign. It's easy for other people to execute on their desktop or mobile devices. This makes getting contracts completed easy for everyone.

Pros

This product was easy to implement. It features a lot of drag and drop elements for uploading contracts/documents. Drag and drop signature fields make setting up the document for sending for digital signing very easy.

Cons

I don't really have any dislikes. Docusign does everything I want. There's a new "template" feature I need to learn about. I'm sure it's really good but will take a little time to set up.

RightSignature

Reasons for Choosing Docusign

I had Docusign before but did some work with another team that uses Right Signature. I was implementing a signature software and went back to Docusign. Excellent customer support, slightly easier to use. Prospect had easier times signing with Docusign. It seems to be more compatible with more devices overall.

RightSignature

Samara Zuri
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

An easy and secure way to accede to Documents

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

We found that DocuSign is a better way to do the signing process. We find that it simplifies the process and minimize mistakes and gets documents signed with ease. Thanks God we paid for this convenience

Pros

I have always had an incredible experience with DocuSign. It's intuitive and user-friendly interface make it soo easy to use. DocuSign is the queen of conveniency since it increases efficiency and mobility for it is available in a mobile app and documents ratification can be done wherever whenever. Also it is secure and ensures that docs are safe from tampering through encryption and authentication features

Cons

DocuSign pricing is Abit expensive for businesses with volumes of documents for signing. Also it is not suitable for all types of documents and use cases

Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Failure

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

Horrible, our business has lost thousands of dollars due to their failure, and they expect us to continue to pay thousands more for the contract they can't hold up their end on. It really is almost humorous how great customer service was initially and how fast and dramatically it changed once we signed the contract.

Pros

Initially it was a great product with great support...and then. We noticed as a company that our Job Quote closing rate fell dramatically. I started going through all of the sent quotes and noticed that a bunch of them were not even viewed by the customer. Which was weird since most of the customers were excited about receiving the quotes and ready to start their projects asap. When I started reaching out to the ones that hadn't been viewed, we were informed they never received them. The quotes were being delivered to their spam folders and with some, they were automatically being deleted since they went there. When I reached out to Docusign about this, they just ignored me. They kept closing the Case#. I kept opening a new case and they kept closing it. With no response to us. So, we canceled the card that their payment was supposed to come out of. I guess that got their attention....

Cons

Even though they can't hold up their end of the deal in delivering the quotes to customers, they refuse to let us cancel. We decided to go old school and send our quotes directly from our email and forgo the docusign route. Our acceptance rates have gone right back to where they were prior to using Docusign.

Anna

Best signature and contract management

Reviewed on 19/3/2024

It's been great using this product- and many of the other organizations we contract with use DocuSign as well.

Pros

The ease of use- I am able to send out a document once, no matter how many signers there are. It's quite difficult to make a mistake.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this product.

Tatiana
  • Industry: Insurance

Favorite Signature Program.

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

Great program and idea, so helpful with getting contracts and other documents signed in real time.

Pros

The time stamps and verification make it great for legal documents and contracts. Being able to get the signature in real time helps to save time and money.

Cons

I would like it if a photo was taken of the person signing to help verify that this person signing is who they say they are and not just an email provided.

Yola

DocuSign is a great produyct!!

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Pros

Very easy to use and can send from phoneeasily.

Cons

I liked most of it. The document management wasn't perfect.

DigiSigner

Reasons for Choosing Docusign

To integrate with a program, it worked with the platform

dotloop
Sai
Sai

Highly recommend DocuSign

Reviewed on 2/8/2023

Overall experience and expectations have been easily met

Overall experience and expectations have been easily met

Pros

DocuSign is your go-to platform for contract management, sharing secure information, and managing multi-party signatures

Cons

More accessible templates would be very helpful

Whitney
  • Industry: Legal Services

Docusign: Get Deals Done Fast

Reviewed on 30/4/2024

Overall, I've had a great experience. It's easy to set up a document for e-signature and saves a lot of time!

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up a document for e-signature. Quick, easy and efficient!

Cons

There are no cons. I appreciate all the time Docusign saves trying to track down signatures.

Amber
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Liked a lot while using it

Reviewed on 7/6/2024

Pros

Very easy to use and a lot of people have used it

Cons

Not editable once your in the signature phase

Isabelle
  • Industry: Entertainment

Exactly what it is meant to do... and it does it well

Reviewed on 3/5/2024

Pros

The functionality is simple, efficient, the multi-signature process is seamless and the security provides a safe process.

Cons

It is not well publicized, when you don't know or hear much about a program it is harder to trust.

Michael
  • Industry: Publishing

I don't know how we did business before Docusign

Reviewed on 27/2/2021

I was just mentioning to someone last week how Docusign has revolutionized our contracts process. What used to require a ton of paper, fed-ex overnight packages, and things being signed in three or four copies has now all been done away with. If it's one signer or a dozen, Docusign makes it super easy. The auto-reminder emails are really helpful, too. From time to time we'll encounter "old folks" who don't know that clicking the email isn't enough to sign the document - you have to follow the (clearly explained) instructions that follow, but once they're told to try again, they usually get it. We do 15 to 20 contracts per month and it works great every time.

Pros

We sign a lot of contracts, and the signers are usually busy folks who don't have time to print and scan and email. If we're lucky, they had a secretary or assistant who could shove a contract in front of them for a signature, but that wasn't usually the case. With Docusign, a few clicks have a contract signed sealed and delivered.

Cons

I'm trying to think of a way to be critical of Docusign, but I really can't. Their setup can be as simple or detailed as any contract calls for. Perhaps a "signing wizard" for the tech-impaired crowd might make it a tad simpler, but it's pretty doggone easy as it is. I can't complain.

Adobe Acrobat Sign

Reasons for Switching to Docusign

Adobe Sign was a good solution, too, but Docusign was really the "big name" in online signing, so we went with that and haven't regretted it. Had we gone with Adobe Sign I'm sure we'd be equally pleased.
Diane
  • Industry: Law Practice

Works for digital signatures

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

Docusign was effective and easy for me to use. I saved so much time not having to go to the office or meet in person. As a paralegal I deal with a large number of documents each day and many need authenticated signatures so docusign was great for me to have.
Sadly there are some problems with the software but I hope that they will be fixed and I would love to try it again.

Pros

I can send documents that need to be signed to anyone from anywhere. I don't have to meet them in person and I don't have to go to the office and use my work desktop. Use it anywhere! Use templates and save customizations to be used next time.
Some third part apps can be used with docusign, very convenient!
Ease of use is great and security is good enough for legal documemt use.

Cons

There have been times when I needed to cancel or edit a document with an error or blank field and docusign does not allow me to do that. This makes me have to complete several extra steps in order to get the document properly typed up, signed, and sent.
I haven't found a way to draw my own signature and some of the places I regularly send documents to called to make sure it was legitimate when we first started using docusign.

Dropbox Sign and DocHub

Reasons for Choosing Docusign

I just did not like anything about zoho sign and I hated using it. Docusign had good ratings and was recommended by friends who work in my field (Law)

Zoho Sign

Reasons for Switching to Docusign

Recommendations and positive ratings and feedback.
Sarah
  • Industry: Accounting

Not recommended for volume

Reviewed on 4/1/2024

Our experience with DocuSign was awful. It's so bad that we're moving to another software early, even though we will be paying for this contract for another year. We're considering it a sunk cost and moving on.

Pros

Signers found it easy to use, we never had a complaint from people we sent documents to.

Cons

The Docusign Interface is truly awful. They made us pay for training, but then dumped us into their "legacy" system. We could not easily view documents that other users had sent. We had to search through the other user account, search through individual sections of "Waiting for Others" "Completed" etc. You couldn't just search for the recipient name and find what you were looking for. There was no way to see how many envelopes we had left. When we tried to contact support, it was more than 5 business days before we received a response, and we had to follow up to get that. You can't cancel out of your contract or refund unused envelopes on a corporate contract. Docusign is so bad that we have decided to move on to another program and eat the cost of the unused envelopes. Their pricing on corporate accounts is not particularly competitive.

CCH ProSystem fx and PandaDoc

Reasons for Choosing Docusign

PandaDoc did not have KBA signatures, so we had to switch.

PandaDoc

Reasons for Switching to Docusign

PandaDoc did not have KBA signatures, and CCH's signature interface was pricey and not user friendly.
Hlengiwe

"Fast and trustworthy digital signature technology"

Reviewed on 29/4/2023

The ability to generate pre-made contract templates that only need specific information to be filled out and sharing with the target users for their signatures. The time it takes to review, sign and report is reduced significantly especially for those super urgent tasks.

Pros

I really appreciate how easily DocuSign interacts with our existing docs. The regulatory compliance that underpins DocuSign's signature capabilities is another thing that really stands out to me as it offers us a sense of security and confidence in our business dealings.

Cons

The inability to assist users who have used Docusign to apply to several firms and have forgotten their password. You need to contact Docusign directly which is really a nightmare.

Laci

You'll Wish You Started Using DocuSign Years Ago

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

DocuSign was a program that I was introduced to at a previous company. The process my new company used was tedious for both our customers as well as our team as the customer would have print the documents, sign them, and then scan or fax them back to us. The team would have to constantly follow up as customers were not keen to do all of that quickly. Our team also had to hunt down the scans or fax and then make their notes and save them according.

I immediately sat down with my C-Suite and told him about Docusign. I was connected with the team which sends the documents to our customers, and they immediately agreed that (if it worked like I said it would) it would help them exponentially. The next day we worked on setting the program up and ran some tests. I don't think they believed me initially when I told them how easy it was going to be.

That week we were sending and receiving contracts, CAD drawings, approval documents, etc all from DocuSign. It was any harder than sending them in an email. What the team ended up seeing just in that first week alone, and then consequentially every week after, was that we were receiving the returned documents back much much quicker. Before it could take several days or even weeks to see returns comes in, but once we switched to DocuSign, we were receiving completed items almost always within 24 hours of sending them. It was easy for everyone and made our customers very happy.

Pros

DocuSign is easy for everyone using it (from our team to our customers) and in a word of complex technology, easy is a breath of fresh air.
DocuSign makes sense. It makes tedious processes of hunting for and then signing the signature lines and initial locations page after page effortless.
Customers don't have to download, print, scan, or fax. Which is great since fax machines are a dying breed and often a pain point for customers.
It's quick to set up, creates a smooth process for everyone involved, but most importantly.... your signed documents are completed and returned at a much higher rate and much much sooner than they would be otherwise.

If you send anything requiring a signature, DocuSign will be an investment you'll wish you made years ago.

Cons

I only wish that more companies knew about DocuSign. In this day and age, to have to go out of my way as a consumer to physically sign anything sent over to me and then send it back from where it came from... is a waste of my time. Time is not anything we can get back so to waste it almost equal to blasphemy in my overly dramatic opinion. So the software is great. My only suggestion would be to increase marketing opportunities and get the software out in front of more people so more and more companies start to use it. Don't stop until using DocuSign becomes an expectation.

Imi
Imi
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Digital Transformation starts with electronic Signature.

Reviewed on 31/5/2021

It is good to very good.
I think it is too expensive. The version I use does not have the full...

It is good to very good.
I think it is too expensive. The version I use does not have the full feature, which is even more expensive. I do respect the Value provided due to the time savings and ease of doing business but overall, it should have been at least been cheaper.

Pros

As the one who loads contract and documents for signoff in my organisation this has been easiest system to work with - Drag and drop my contract and other document. 2. Enter a name of party and if this name was already entered, then the address book pops in the email address.
3. Set the order for sign off, and wait for users to get their notifications. Docusign has moved my process from 3 week to 2 days in most cases.
The user gets an email in their inbox, click and accepts then adopt and signs. A simple step wise process that take only 10 minutes to get a new user onboarded and into the process of full digital or a electronic signature.
Users who does not like the electronic or digital signature can always download and wet in their signature, and email the document for administrator to complete the process.

Cons

The initial email goes to Junk. (BIG ISSUE) when I am dealing with a new client, who has never had a docusign email from me. In this case, I always have to call clients to take a look into their Junk mail.
A challenge that I face with this platform is with the address book, if you user enters incorrect name or email for a signature party, the system does not have a way to correct this error, you just have to make a new duplicate contact, which sometime cause confusion when you are trying to find a specific user. The example
John Public - email: [email protected] if this is entered as John Public email: [email protected] - then both records are kept in the address book, which can causes confusion going forward.

Ferdous
  • Industry: Publishing

Review of Docusign Software

Reviewed on 7/2/2023

It is seen as a convenient and efficient way to sign and send documents electronically. Some users may find it user-friendly and easy to navigate, while others may need some time to learn how to use it effectively.Users who have a positive experience with DocuSign often appreciate its convenience, security, and speed, as well as its ability to integrate with other software tools. They also appreciate the peace of mind that comes with using a legally binding electronic signature.On the other hand, some users may experience technical difficulties or feel limited by the software's customization options. They may also feel that the cost is too high for their needs.Ultimately, the experience of using DocuSign software depends on the individual's specific needs and preferences.

Pros

Convenience: DocuSign allows users to sign and send documents electronically, eliminating the need for printing, faxing, or mailing physical copies.Speed: DocuSign streamlines the signing process, reducing the time it takes to complete and return documents.Security: DocuSign uses encryption and secure servers to protect sensitive information and offers legally binding electronic signatures.Accessibility: DocuSign is accessible from any device with an internet connection, allowing users to sign and send documents from anywhere at any time.Increased efficiency: DocuSign automates many of the manual steps in the signing process, freeing up time for other tasks.Easy integration: DocuSign integrates with a variety of other software tools, including Salesforce, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office.Compliance: DocuSign is compliant with various eSignature laws and regulations, including the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (ESIGN) Act and the European Union's eIDAS Regulation.

Cons

Technical difficulties: There may be problems with using the software such as slow loading or trouble integrating with other programs.Limited customization: The appearance and signature fields may not be able to be customized to personal preference.Lack of control: The signing process may feel out of control for some users, especially with multiple signers involved.Steep learning curve: Some users may need time to learn how to use DocuSign effectively.Internet connection requirement: An internet connection is necessary to use DocuSign.Limited support options: The level of support may not be enough for users with complex needs.

Abdessalam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

DocuSign will save you time and make your job easier

Reviewed on 18/2/2023

DocuSign is an extremely useful tool for those who are working remotely, as it allows them to electronically sign various documents without having to worry about access to a printer or scanner. From important leases and medical forms to school paperwork, DocuSign enables users to quickly and easily sign these documents in a matter of minutes, with no need to scan them or attach them as email attachments. DocuSign is the perfect tool for anyone who needs to securely sign documents in a timely manner.

Pros

I have used DocuSign and I can highly recommend it. It is incredibly easy to integrate documents into the software, which is essential for any deals that cannot be done without a signature. The customer experience is also top-notch, as there is no guesswork involved when signing a document. Furthermore, the comments section on each document has proven to be invaluable for getting contracts or paperwork returned from clients. Being able to see who has questions, comments or feedback is a major help and allows us to quickly identify and address any issues. All in all, DocuSign has proved to be a fantastic platform that I would recommend to anyone looking for a reliable and straightforward signing solution.

Cons

The only drawback to DocuSign is that you cannot access all features during the 30-day free trial. While it would be ideal to be able to try out the features offered in the paid plans during this period, the $10 monthly plan is a good option for those who are still determining if the features are helpful. Additionally, there are plenty of free tutorials available to help users get the most out of their DocuSign experience and decide if the paid plans are right for their needs.

Heather
Heather

Docusign is User Friendly and Easy to Navigate, lacks Customer Service Support

Reviewed on 6/5/2023

This has been one of the most user friendly tools I have used in business. It is easy (for me) to set up and it is easy for me to execute a contract (initial/sign/date). It is straightforward and simple, which makes it a positive experience for me.

Pros

I like that it is straightforward. It is easy to navigate and use. Directions are clear. It is cut and dry, user friendly. A lot of templates are already available to choose from. Costs are relatively inexpensive.

Cons

If you want to customize the document or make adjustments, not to the document but to the features, reaching customer service is difficult at best. I believe strongly in customer service and people make a company. Having a technology tool is great. However, if people aren't the driving force behind it, then it becomes lacking. Technology alone doesn't drive the world, people do. Customer Service is needed in every industry and technology platforms and apps are no exception. I struggled to reach Customer Service when I used Docusign.

Reasons for Choosing Docusign

Using paper agreements was archaic. It was also tedious to scan them in for filing purposes. It was time to update to the electronic technology world.

A Must for Anybody Needing Signed PDFs Frequently

Reviewed on 15/9/2018

Pros

I used to work in a design firm that required signatures from clients multiple times a day. I first tried to have adobe PDF editor with a touchscreen to do this. This was not for sufficient because nobody liked their signature on the touch screen. It was also very difficult to get a signature when I emailed someone their quote because nobody has a paid version of a PDF editor. DocuSign was a perfect solution to what I needed in that position. It was so simple to create a signature field for someone to type their signature and adjust to their signature. I was using this for when I was with someone in person and when I emailed someone the quote. It was convenient emailing the quote because it is easy for people to understand DocuSign and would get me the quote back faster. It was such a pain before I had it because a lot of people would have to print out the document and then scan it in, which took forever to get the quote back. Most people are familiar with DocuSign and may already have an account, which makes it even easier. This has definitely been one of the best software services I have used to get signatures on PDF documents. The price was well worth the benefit for myself in that position. I would highly recommend this product!!!

Cons

I did not come across much that did not like about DocuSign except for maybe their customer service. I had to get a hold of them once and it took a while on hold to get in touch with a human. Once I was talking to them though they helped me with my problem.

Ricky
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

DocuSign - What a Time Saver!

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Definitely changed the way we do business. It's helped us be more efficient and organized. Before it was a headache to coordinate schedules to obtain physical signatures. Now with DocuSign, signatures are simple and easy to obtain!

Pros

The convenience of being able to obtain secured signatures using email. We use this software to easily obtain signatures for everything: timesheets, expense reports, contracts, etc. You can easily customize your signature templates to your needs and it's pretty simple. You can add several security measures as well to ensure verify the signer. I would say it's pretty user friendly for the signer because we have a lot of older people we deal with and for the most part they can easily sign and complete. This software integrates with our Cloud Base Storage system Box which make things seamless and convenient.

Cons

It is a bit pricey. You basically buy "envelopes" in batches to use to send for signatures. "Envelope" is a term DocuSign uses for anytime you send a file(s) to send for signature(s). Once you send an envelope if the signer doesn't sign for whatever reason it still counts as an envelope used. Basically, once you click send for signature an envelope it's used and no refunds. Another thing that is a bit annoying is applying templates if DocuSign software doesn't automatically detect one of your existing signature templates. I feel it requires too many clicks to apply a template manually. There should be a shortcut button somewhere on the main page to save on time.

Juliana
  • Industry: Food Production

Storage of electronic signatures

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

DocuSign is serving the purpose of collecting and speeding up the process of signing documents and storing them safely, it accelerates our work and automates it in a way that we have been able to save a lot of time and provide a fast process for business partners and clients to close deals successfully. Additionally, it has also worked as a repository to store different documents inside our business like our business policies, contracts, recruitment documents, and more. DocuSign is a very versatile software that is essential in our day-to-day work and provides great security and reliability.

Pros

DocuSign is a flexible and smart software that I really enjoy using, it has a set of features that make the signing process of different deals way more simple and comfortable to work with. I like that it helps us organize all legal documents, have signatures be completed quickly by sending them instantly from anywhere in the world, and be able to store them safely in the cloud with privacy measures that give reassurance. When it comes to user-friendliness, DocuSign provides a great and smart platform that does not feel difficult to work with, and the learning process is very short, adjusting itself to our needs and working pretty fast. It is the bridge between our business and our clients, strenghtening communication and solving legal matters in a quick way.

Cons

The price of DocuSign is very high compared to other similar softwares, I would like to see more pricing options available with a variety of features included and some that we do not use excluded; other than that, I believe that DocuSign is a great solution to carry out digital signatures.

Michael
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the best in the market

Reviewed on 19/1/2022

This software works well once the setup and testing has been completed. We currently use this software and I would not have a difficulty recommending it once it fits the specific use cases you may have.

Pros

Docusign is simple. Simple to setup and simple to use. Users do not require a high technical knowledge to use it once the process flows are setup properly and the auditing, etc. ensure that it is possible to see who did what and when. This is especially important for compliance, risk management and legal. Takes the burden off of having to physically have a person or multiple persons sign documents, so very practical.

Cons

Can be challenging for more complex process flows. We found that some process flows were not a good fit for DocuSign and could prove difficult to setup and test. If you have very complex process flows you may need to look at other enterprise level options or contact support for help.

Adobe Acrobat Sign

Reasons for Switching to Docusign

Currently using both in the organization.
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Docusign, the future of all contract signing.

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Pros

In more traditional companies that doesn’t pick up the new innovative technologies, they have piles of paper in the HR office. Not only that it is not environmental friendly and act as fire fuel, it also slow down every single HR process! For example, candidates are required to physically come to the office to sign their contract! This is a complete waste of not only the candidate time, but also the HR team time to do many other things.

What I like best about Docusign is that it can be integrated with many other softwares. For us, we integrate it with Greenhouse. Docusign contract will be sent alongside the candidate offer. The can easily request a new one or sign it to start working with the company of the stated effective date.

Cons

What I least about Docusign would be it requirement to create an account. When candidate receive and would like to sign the Docusign contract, they are required to create a new account which can be tedious. And contract signing is like once or twice every 2 to 3 years, candidates always forgot their password, and the HR team canot help them because Docusign server and accounts are maintained by Docusign. The quality and timely support is not guarantee and the candidate experience might drop down due to the slow support of Docusign. Most importantly, mobile functionality of Docusign is terrible.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Perfect for Remote Work!

Reviewed on 20/5/2022

Pros

Fast and reliable signature software. Can prepare and send documents/contracts for others to sign and place ‘sign here’ tab to making signing easy and efficient. It definitely eliminates the hassle of having to print, sign and then scan and return a document. I love that it sends reminders to persons whose signatures are required and you are notified when a document has been signed.
It’s mobile friendly, so I can easily access and sign any document from just my phone. It’s easy to use and understand. You can save your signature and apply to any other document when needed. It's been a great help given that I currently work remotely. My job requires a lot of contractual agreements with several other parties, and with DocuSign, this is facilitated with ease, as it allows for multi-signatures as well. It also integrates well with Microsoft and Google.

Cons

Placing the signature in the respective spot can be difficult. The software was purchased by the company, so it was inexpensive for me, but for others who have to actually pay for it themselves, it may be a bit on the expensive side, especially depending on the size of the company - may be more expensive for smaller sized companies.

It needs recipient authentication which could be a bit counterproductive. The signatures can be forged easily.