Lucidchart Reviews

2053 Reviews

Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Lucidchart, a platform to create ideas, document processes and increase agility in the...

Reviewed on 12/2/2023

Lucidchart is a spectacular tool, which has grown through its own concept, aimed at streamlining the process of creating ideas. In general, diagramming in different areas or specialties is very well received by engineers, designers, administrative staff, and managers, and its application is very wide, so it becomes a great technical support to make our processes flow more quickly.

Pros

Its interactive and agile design is one of its greatest advantages since it does not require at all to spend time learning to diagram, work collaboratively or use the tool's functionalities. It has a high degree of usability and allows us to make almost any diagram, among them we can mention: UML diagram, iPhone/android mockups, workflow diagram, flowchart, org chart, data flow, kanban diagrams, and much more.Its integrations provide us with functionality to work collaboratively in environments such as MS TEAMS and its adoption in the organization is fast and intuitive.

Cons

Lucidchart is great at what it does. We may try to ask for more of its scope and in many cases, it will not disappoint us, however if we are looking for a sophisticated design application that has powerful functionality related to specialized rich text fonts, color palette registration, a grouping of objects to create custom libraries in a project, to name a few examples, we are going to need to evaluate some other option, but if what we want is to work in agile and collaborative environments, Lucidchart is undoubtedly one of the best options today.

Thomas
Thomas

Collaboratively work on an idea to workflow to wireframe prototype all in one place

Reviewed on 12/6/2023

Very positive as it was very easy to collaboratively and remotely discuss new ideas, work flows and prototypes in one hub, instead of switching tools.

Pros

The clean interface and real-time collaboration helps boost efficiency and creativity as we can quickly take an idea and break it down to iterate on together.

Cons

Performance can be slower when dealing with larger, more complex diagrams. Additionally, the learning curve can be quite steep, especially when moving beyond basic diagrams and functionality, needs better guidance.

draw.io, FigJam, Whimsical and Figma

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

User interface and former team members using the product was the main reason we switched

Whimsical

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

User interface, ease of use, former team members using LucidChart and the pricing point were the most important factors
Chris

Basic Software For Ease

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Pros

This is a basic flowchart software that we used in lieu of Microsoft Visio. It was easy to use and to learn, with easy to follow help online for flowchart creation. The main benefit we found with this software was it's integration with Google Suites. With our company using Google Suites, this software easily integrates with other Google software and email.

Cons

It is a very basic software with limited features that we used, which was flowchart management. We used it for a short while as our company transitioned to Google-based software, however we've since gone back to Visio for it's better features and functionality.

Modelling your system with Templates for Collaboration

Reviewed on 31/12/2023

Pros

Excellent visual collaboration tool which has great features for creating process maps, data flow diagrams, import from atlassian, agile approach and many more

Cons

Few more integrations with Microsoft products need improvement, Mobile development is one of the focus area where Lucid team can focus in future.

Yatin
Yatin
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing tool to create flowcharts

Reviewed on 11/2/2023

It has been a great experience with Lucidchart overall. We are able to create and discuss the flows and processes in highly efficient manner using Lucidchart. The team's productivity has increased and delivery cycle has also shortened.

Pros

Lucidchart helps create effective flowcharts in a convenient manner. This enables brainstorming among the team members and we can arrive at the best possible flows and solutions. Lucidchart also allows to replicate and easily modify the flowcharts and diagrams for quick iteration. The flows in Lucidchart can be easily copied and pasted to documents and presentations.

Cons

The customisable templates for creating various flowcharts need to be more discoverable . There's no suggestion to improve the flowcharts in Lucidchart which can be very helpful. Sometimes the flowcharts can't be pasted into documents which is an issue. There can be features to better manage the flowcharts in folders.

draw.io and Miro

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

The functionalities and user interface offered by Lucidchart stands out from the competitors. Lucidchart pricing is highly competitive and we could select the plan as per our requirements.
Aaron
Aaron

Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool.

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams.
I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product.
I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options.
2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options.
3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users.
4) Easily lock down access to documents.
5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from
6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Cons

1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Software license requirement of Visio. Limited collaboration options.

Michael
Michael

Way better than visio!

Reviewed on 29/9/2019

Love it. I was able to make complex flow charts on my first time using the software.

Pros

Lucidchart is a far superior product to the more traditional flowchart software Visio. The simple layout, easy sharing and the ability to build complex flow charts make Lucidchart the best out there. Additionally, I find the templates for other projects, that are not flow chart related, very useful.

Cons

My only issue with Lucid is that, at certain points, where the details of lines and boxes can get very cluttered, I find it hard to navigate the layers and often end up dragging out boxes and lines that I do not wish to, even though they are not selected originally. This is very rarely an issue and it just takes a few minutes to fix, but it is an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Lucid is much easier to use and more in line with the other platforms we use.

Tyler
Tyler

Great Software for Marketing and Development Teams

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

I have been very pleased with Lucid chart and have brought it with me in the last 3 jobs I have been at. Its always on the top priority of my software list.

Pros

This allows use to easily share and visualize workflows, wireframes, and user stories with all the team members involved in a project.

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like about LucidChart I have been very happy with it.

Chris

LucidChart

Reviewed on 6/12/2023

It did a great job in feeling my needs and requirements for creating a network diagram.

Pros

It's way more affordable than Microsoft's offering

Cons

You can't export the files easily, or at least without paying.

Guibson
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Lucid chart is up to the challenge

Reviewed on 20/3/2024

Easy to work, easy to collaborate and design, perhaps increasing more time to learn and get the most out of it

Pros

The convenience and ability to easily connect accounts for SSO and Drive collaboration to save diagrams or integrate with third-party services

Cons

The lack of availability on charts or diagram templates,

• Industry: Government Administration

Easy to use business process mapping software

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

Overall pretty good and easy to use software for business process mapping for anybody that needs to pump out process maps fairly quickly. You can quickly churn out process maps with a relatively small learning curve and can access your saved diagrams through any browser.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use business process mapping software that can be used through the browser. I was looking for a MS visio replacement to run workshops with and this met my needs. I like the pre-built templates and the fact that i can have my colleague update the same business process map at the same time im using it (only available if you upgrade). The ability to publish to a MS visio format and a weblink is also useful. You can access the software directly on your browser as a SAS so it doesnt require any installation of software which makes it convenient if you're jumping between computers (it allows you to access your diagrams anywhere since its stored on the cloud)

Cons

-There's some minor glitches when mapping out business process lanes and performing some of the tasks. Formatting the process maps can be annoying sometimes and it does not have all the formatting customizability that a more robust business process mapping tool like MS visio has. Sometimes the browser is not responsive if you go idle for too long.
-I don't like the fact that users need to register/create an account if I want to share the published link with my business process maps to them
-Costs are kind of a turnoff because I'd rather pay a one time fee rather than a subscription cost since its not every day you'll be using this software

One of the best softwares in market for creating flow diagrams

Reviewed on 10/4/2023

Overall, I will highly recommend using Lucidchart for creating and sharing your flowcharts or diagrams. It is an extremely customizable and flexible tool with a lot of integration options. Though it doesn't have many cheaper or smaller plans, however, for enterprise level, this is one of the best diagramming tools available.

Pros

Lucidchart is specifically designed to create flowcharts like business process models, data flow diagrams, organizational charts, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams etc. I love its feature set and integrations as compared to other diagramming tools like draw.io or Microsoft Visio. As it is an online web application, it allows multiple team members to collaborate and contribute on the same diagram in real time. You can leave feedback or comments on any object and attach notes.Lucidchart has plethora of options for different flowchart shapes, objects, lines or pre-built templates, which eventually saves up a lot of your time.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about this software but one major limitation with Lucidchart is that there is no desktop app available, so you will always need to use it in the browser. Also, sometimes when I am moving the objects, the lines/connectors/links between those objects mess up completely and I end up doing a lot of readjustments.

Easy to use charting software with a wide range of advanced features

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

I was able to create flowcharts for marketing processes and export them to PDF for sharing with my client with a minimum of fuss. The outlay is small compared to a fully-fledged application like Microsoft Visio, even though it seems to have a similarly large feature set.

Pros

It was very easy to get up and running with Lucidchart - the enormous collection of starter templates meant that I was able to find a similar chart to the one I needed to create and get the right objects loaded up straight away. The interface is very similar to a desktop application, despite the fact that it's running in a browser - it even has keyboard shortcuts. There are tons of features and integrations that I never even got around to using, as my charting requirements were quite simple.

Cons

The sheer range of features available in the software was a little daunting at first. A simpler interface for people who only need a subset of features might be a helpful addition.

SmartDraw

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

I didn't want to invest in a new licence of Visio, and found that Lucidchart had all the features I needed for a much smaller financial commitment.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

The lower cost was the initial reason, but after using Lucidchart for a while, I believe it offers a better user experience.
Isaac

Quick and easy diagrams for more efficient work thanks to LucidChart

Reviewed on 9/5/2023

Even though I didn't work with this tool very long, I liked the ease with which I can create diagrams and share them with other members of my IT software management team. As well as the ability to collaborate in real time with them and the built in templates and shapes which were very helpful and saved us a lot of time creating diagrams. In summary, I think LucidChart is a valuable tool for any IT team that needs to create and share diagrams quickly and efficiently, and I would use it again without hesitation.

Pros

Throughout the time that I have worked with this tool, I must emphasize that it is an intuitive and easy-to-use tool, it gives you the facility to create an infinite number of diagrams in a matter of minutes. However, what I liked the most about working with this tool was the ease with which I was able to integrate it with other tools that I used while making diagrams in it, such as: GoogleDrive and Slack.

Cons

The only negative point that I must highlight about this tool is that it has certain functions that some new users (like me when I started) are not completely clear about and the possibility of taking full advantage of this tool may be lost.

Shawn
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Lucidchart for the Masses

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

I was hired at my organization about two years ago to replace someone who had strong design skills that I did not. However, I knew of this program and how it could make reports and/or presentations beautiful. So I invested in the program and have not looked back. My peers and my supervisors have found what I have been able to create in Lucidchart extremely helpful. While there are programs that may do this at a more sophisticated level, for our strata of organization (midsize regional) it is perfect and is at exactly the right cost for an organization our size to have a yearly team-based account.

Pros

I think the extensive library of templates is the most important gift this program offers. I can get into the program and scan for a wide variety of template / tool options that I can then deploy. Sometimes, I'm not necessarily sure of what I need, and I can scan a variety to be able to get something that is close and/or I can modify quickly to be able to use for my work. This has really helped speed up the quality of my reports. While there are other programs that do similar work, I really operate better with this type of software because it isn't complicated; I just remember trying to do the same thing with Vizio or PowerPoint and nothing was working at the level of design I needed. I also tried Infogram and it was too much work. This was the just right option for me.

Cons

I love the templates, BUT, some of them can be really tricky to use. You have to spend time with a few of them figuring out the controls to be able to get exactly what you want. So it isn't a turnkey solution in the strictest sense, and it's not entirely intuitive either. The file depot is good, as I can go and find old documents. But I need to be really careful. If I don't duplicate something it doesn't maintain an old file, and I or a colleague can write over something and there isn't the same "revision history" that exists in other cloud-based solutions.

Matthew
  • Industry: Insurance

Beats Vizio Hands Down!

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

I am responsible for projects that are needed to enhances processes for my department, and Lucidchart has made this a million times easier than it was when I used Vizio. I also have to create the process flows for my staff, and again this has made my life so much easier, and given me a lot of time back in my which is simply priceless!

Pros

The ease of use, and pre-made templates for all things 'flow' are phenomenal. I used to use Vizio, but Lucidchart is so much easier, and intuitive, to use. I use for everything from org charts to project/process flows - have even used to make a floor plan for our department.

Cons

There is nothing I have come across yet that would be a negative from me. I have used templates from almost every section and have others throughout the organization using it now too.

• Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Lucidchart - great tool for diagrams

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

Lucidchart has been an easy to learn, useful diagramming tool. it's extremely simple to integrate with atlassian tools which makes it all the more valuable for my organization. There are minor quirks of the tool, but overall, a great value for the price.

Pros

being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. it integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

Cons

responsiveness can lag at times; however, the ease of accessibility outweighs any slowness. the "canned" color fill selections could be improved for efficiency in customizing content. Lastly, the user interface is not as intuitive as other programs. I often find myself having to use the help/search box to find out where to find a specific feature/funcion.

Prudencia
Prudencia
  • Industry: Research

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 19/3/2023

Pros

I find Lucidchart to be the most advantageous because of its effortless and simple to use interface. It helps me generate proficient diagrams in a short amount of time and the templates and examples make it easier for me to initiate the process. Moreover, its capacity for real-time collaboration with a team is a time and energy saver, making it an optimal tool for mapping and arranging data.

Cons

I don't have many qualms with Lucidchart; however, it can be time-consuming to relocate the arrows and lines. For me, it is more efficient to erase the lines and arrows before adjusting the boxes and then putting them back.

Lukas
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A must have for technical leaders

Reviewed on 1/4/2023

It has made so many things easier in terms of visual understanding. If you're a visual learner it's a godsend. Whether I'm tooling on my own project on my own, and it helps me understand a flow I want to implement, or I need to communicate a complex project proposal to a larger audience, LucidChart is where it's at!

Pros

I like how easily you can duplicate diagrams with ctrl+D and connect shapes and label everything. Luid also makes it really easy to color code everything and you can copy styles on to different shapes. Also, they make visualizing data in a distributed system really streamlined with their ERD import tool that let's you import data from a SQL database(we use PostgreSQL) and automatically generate ERD diagrams for your whole team to use!!!

Cons

In LucidSpark, they have a really cool JIRA integration where you can visualize JIRA tickets and their statuses are automatically updated. I wish that LucidChart had that too. Otherwise, everything is great!!

Elvis
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Lucidchart diagrams are the secret to visualizing work process.

Reviewed on 9/11/2023

We have achieved a new and more beneficial work strategy with Lucidchart where we create flowcharts and diagrams to have virtual representation of our work project and processes. This gives us accurate oversight on the work that we are supposed to do and this allows to focus on the work.

Pros

Lucidchart helped us come to an understanding that better work results are relevant if you have a clear visuals of the work. It offers quality diagraming tools like flowcharts which makes it easy to have typical representation on the entire work process from start to completion. With Lucidchart, we are able to understand what work is needed of us and this helps us keep focus on what we are doing. Plus there us no manual drawing of flowcharts as we can use the AI tools to the work for us.

Cons

Our great times with Lucidchart has always lasted since the start and we have not seen and flaws about it.

Paul
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

LucidChart has great tutorials

Reviewed on 11/2/2023

Once I gave it a good chance and learnt to use it correctly it soon become something I use daily! The website tutorials are great and free. Also lucidspark is now included, it’s the same as Miro.

Pros

It’s a game changer for sharing ideas. Workshopping with stakeholders and getting your thoughts onto a page. Check the tutorials and you’ll go from this is okay to this is awesome!

Cons

Network dependant can cause issues. Sometimes the test doesn’t update fast and needs refreshing a lot. I had to spend a decent amount of time to learn tricks to make using lucid enjoyable to use.

Jared
Jared
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Enhances Innovation and Collaboration.

Reviewed on 5/4/2023

Pros

I like the templates and broad set of icon and object packs. Lucid has just about every feature I've wanted from it's competitors that I've used and more.

Cons

I have run into some snapping issues. It may sound small, but the inability to snap lines and different pre-set points on an object is frustrating sometimes.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Lucidchart Review

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

I used Lucidchart for my diagram and org chart projects and was impressed by its ease of use and real-time collaboration functionality. Although there are limitations on some advanced features and the pricing is relatively high, I highly recommend this platform for anyone looking for a user-friendly and professional diagram and org chart creation tool.

Pros

I used Lucidchart for 11 months for creative project management, diagrams, org charts, and wireframing. I was extremely impressed with how user-friendly the platform was. The diagram creation tools were intuitive and allowed for the quick creation of professional and visually appealing graphics. I also appreciated the ability to work collaboratively in real-time with colleagues, which led to increased productivity and better-quality outcomes. Integrations with other applications such as Google Drive were also very convenient.

Cons

Although I was very satisfied with the user-friendliness of the platform, I found that some advanced features were limited. For example, customization of colors and shapes was not as extensive as I would have liked, and there were limits on the number of shapes and colors that could be used. Additionally, I found that the pricing was relatively high, which can be a drawback for those on smaller budgets.

Kevin
Kevin

Think modern Visio

Reviewed on 9/8/2019

Pros

This is an ideal alternative for Visio. It may not be as powerful but it has lots of useful features and is very user friendly. We use this product on a weekly basis for mapping processes, layouts, charts etc.

Cons

Some print options could be clearer. If you want to print out over say 6 pages it can be difficult to manipulate this.

Visio is expensive

Price
Joseric
Joseric
  • Industry: Utilities

Easy and Beautiful Diagrams online

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

Pros

Lucidchart is our alternative go-to software coming from Visio (Microsoft) and Dia (open source). In the long run, we fell in love with the ease of use and quality of this online diagram platform, plus the collaboration feature. Teams can work together on the same diagram for faster work and easy checking. The Pro comes with a ton of professionally crafted shapes to make our diagrams stand out for presentations. It can also be saved into a Visio format for those who have remained using (an outdated version of) Visio in our office.

We have used Lucidchart not only for creating our HR/org charts but also for process improvement initiatives in the office. We used it to map our current processes, and then add the improvements. Sometimes business processes have to be made visual (e.g., via these diagrams) in order for one to grasp it better and to make improvements.

One more thing, Lucidchart also works in offline mode which is great especially for us who go out into the field/remote areas often. Also very helpful is the Android app for additional mobility via a smartphone.

Cons

My only problem with web apps is my connectivity (since my work requires me to move a lot to remote areas and places with no/limited connectivity). I would love to have a lucidchart that is installable locally into my laptop and to be able to use it fully without an internet connection.