Cloud-based time billing software

4.7/5 (70 reviews)
Jason H.
Industry: Law Practice

Clean, easy to use billing software

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Ashton C.
Industry: Construction

The perfect solution

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

I run a small business that has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years. Our work load is sometimes overwhelming. Bill4Time allows us to track our work and bill for our services and it is very simple to use and this allows us to spend the majority of our time performing our work that we are paid for. I looked at several similar online project management services and chose B4T. I am glad that I did.

Pros

Our company deals with over 100 clients, each of which has numerous projects. Bill4Time allows us to track our time on each project, produce invoices quickly and track payments and receivables. As with any complex software there is a learning curve. Bill4time was very easy to implement. Any questions or how to's they are always available to help.

Cons

All in all I really don't have any complaints.

Tama T.

The perfect fit

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/1/2020

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Christine W.
Industry: Legal Services

We use this for our billing needs.

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

Pros

I like that it is pretty straight-forward and I can usually figure out how to do anything new just by hunting around by myself without needing assistance from customer service. However, their customer service is fantastic and I never have any trouble getting a rep right away. They are always able to answer my questions quickly and easily.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to see added that it currently does not have. I have noticed other reviews on their website that say the same thing. I have contacted customer service about specific things we would like to be able to do and they are always receptive to the ideas and submit them to their team for future updating.

Response from Bill4Time

Thank you for your review, Christine! Thank you for sending over your feature suggestions.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

William F.

Money Well Spent

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

Pros

Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

Cons

Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Ann M.

Well worth the money

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

Works great and easy to use and train people to use.

Pros

Easy to use and train new personal on. It is also easy to find reports you need.

Cons

There is nothing about the system I do not like.

Carlos D.

Good sftware

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

easy to bill

Pros

cloud base -easy to use, the app is pefect

Cons

limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed

Carin Z.
Industry: Legal Services

Easy to use, essential tool

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

Our company counts on B4T for its time keeping and billing. If we would not have a tool like this, we would miss out on a lot of time not invoiced, or expenses not rebilled.

Pros

It's easy to use and web based. I can add users easily and set their access levels. I never had a problem so far, after working with it for 5 years. The website is never down.

Cons

Can't think of anything about the software, it works perfectly. It is not cheap, that is maybe the only thing.

Tracy S.
Industry: Design

Bill 4 Time changed my life

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

I'm in love. I've told every one of my freelance designer friends about it. It is invaluable to me.

Pros

The software is SOOO easy to use. It has saved hours and hours of time each month on my billing and has helped me gain more than a 30% increase in my billable hours. I also love being able to pull reports. I can get an excellent picture of how much I'm billing, who I'm billing, who has NOT paid me, etc. It has absolutely been the most significant game-changer in my business.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing that I don't like about the software.

Archana B.

One Stop Shop For Professionals

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

- Time saving
- Superb for accounting
- REcievables management
- Resource management and training tool
- Excellent for keeping track of expenses

Pros

From management of resources to billing and recovery this software has all you need as a small / mid sized business. I have used it from day 1 of being independent - for 5 years now and I can say that it has minimized accounting functions substantial and provides real time data which is very useful for busy professionals.

Cons

Web interface is a bit heavy and slow to use

Shana B.

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Leslie B.
Industry: Law Practice

Was stuck in a rut depending on a billing clerk .. now capture time anywhere all the time!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Control over my time and eases the "task" of invoicing clients for work produced for them.

What's not to like ... converting from Timeslips to Bill4Time literally saved my practice and my homelife!! No more stress to get monthly invoices out. A single one-off invoice can be produced in minutes to submit to escrow for a closing or other special needs. Just a terrific tool for a firm like mine.

Pros

Ease of use is key. Works across all platforms, desktop, iPad, iPhone from anywhere anytime. Helps me gauge my productivity on a daily basis throughout the month. Doesn't take specialized training to use like Timeslips did. Not dependent on a staff member to enter time from time sheets gives me more flexibility and CAPTURES more of the time spent on tasks.

Industry: Legal Services

Billing is easier with this software!

Reviewed on 9/8/2018

Pros

We used Bill4time to charge our clients that are using our representation services. Personally, I mostly use it in the Iphone application that you can easily download in your appstore. This software allows you to keep tracking of the time you are investing in each client and it has a lot of descriptions and matters that you can use in order to describe it in your invoice to the client. The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database. I also use the function of internal time to track the time I invest in some managerial functions for our own Firm control in order to find ways to elevate our productivity.

Cons

There are some matters missing in the App and you need to use miscellaneous options in order to categorize it which takes you some time.

Jake H.

Customer Support Is Fantastic

Reviewed on 20/4/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've used Bill4Time for more than 5 years, and they have continually worked to adapt and add additional features. It is a very good product.

Pros

Bill4Time is very intuitive, and the customer support staff are responsive and very easy to work with. Bill4Time provides a very functional platform that allows busy professionals to have the tools they need at their fingertips wherever they are.

Cons

Bill4Time is great at tracking time and providing reports for the time and invoices, but it is not a full scale CRM. That has not been a problem for my firm, as that was not the purpose.

Nanci S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Bill4Time is worth your time

Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I searched for a duel timekeeping and accounting software for almost a year before I settled on Bill4Time. It is the only one I found that did both well. Avoiding the time it takes to move timekeeping records into an accounting program every month is a fantastic feature!

Pros

This software is fantastic! It's affordable and the support is the best I've ever had from any company. It is intuitive and is easy to figure out if you've made an error anywhere in your accounting.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the invoicing section but once it's set up you'll be grateful.

Raychael U.

"Would highly recommend!"

Reviewed on 24/5/2018

Pros

" Bill4Time has been the only billing system our lawfirm uses that remains user friendly, simple and clear in its layout along with consistency in its formatting and processes. I would highly recommend this product! "

Cons

There are a few glitches when entering whole batches of entries that need to be addressed. For example, some settings don't always transfer through to the next row and it ends up costing valuable time having to go back and change settings on each entry within the batch.

Jim K.

Solo practice attorney - Very satisfied user

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have recommended Bill4Time to other solos and small practice firms, and everyone who followed my recommendation thanked me. It is not an exaggeration to say that this program pays for itself.

Pros

Bill4Time has a great web-interface. It conquers the difficult challenge of making it very easy to capture your time while remaining very flexible for a wide range of user preferences without complicating.

Cons

I think the trust accounting could be a bit easier, but overall this is a very minor criticism of a great product.

Alanna P.

Bill4Time has made our internal billing process easy. Everything is easy to access and understand.

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

We were able to easily transition from outsourced to internal billing. It has saved us time and money with our accountant and has made it very easy to gather all the information we need in real time.

Pros

It is very easy to record, view, and edit time entries, and have them automatically feed into invoices. All the reports we need are there, and anytime we find a need with no report, the customer service at Bill4Time has been amazing with quick responses and solutions for our needs. Recording and applying payments has now become very easy, and the management of trust funds is also a great feature.

Cons

It's not always apparent to me which report will be the best for the data I need to view. I often have to do a lot of trial and error when selecting reports.

Response from Bill4Time

Thank you for your review Alanna!

Suzy F.

Bill4Time is intuitively easy to use.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Pros

Our firm is a virtual office, so cloud-based SaaS is a must. Bill4Time has easy to use LEDES invoicing, and great reporting functions, and you can specify the data you want to focus on. In my practice, I haven't found anything that I need that Bill4Time doesn't do.

Cons

We've been using the service for over 4 years and earlier on, there was some funkiness involved when trying to create an invoice; however, they've appeared to fix this.

Virginia B.
Industry: Accounting

Experience using with Tax/Accounting firm

Reviewed on 4/1/2020

I have been working with Bill4Time for a number of years and the overall experience has been very good.

Pros

ease and flexibility of use, able to record time in arrears or make changes; able to write extensive description of work performed

Cons

Would prefer a report that is more customizable for columns to be displayed. Reports being printed are too limited in presentation. I use the detail report as support detail to accompany a company billing.

Sidney S.

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Pros

Bill4Time is really easy to use. The best feature is that you can see all of your unbilled clients on one page, how much you have not billed them, etc. It is so much easier than other billing software because you just click to generate the invoice. Also, the batch billing makes it super easy to create all invoices at once.

Cons

I do not really have any complaints about the software. The only thing i have noticed is that Smokeball billing has more features, but for me those extra features are not necessarily needed so I like the simplicity of Bill4Time.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Amber C.

B4T Review

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

I like that I am able to generate a detailed statement for clients and it's user-friendly. I have recommended this tool to others.

Pros

The ease of use; the ability to generate a detailed statement.

Cons

I have been using this tool for 5+ years and I do not have any complaints.

Company size: Self Employed

Bill4Time: Less time on billing.

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

I have saved a lot of money by using this software, and I would have otherwise had to spend a lot of time and money.

Pros

The software has a very reasonable price for the number of users you are allowed, and the functionality. There are multiple configurations that each client can have depending on the fee structure, and I have never had a problem with creating a billing agreement that could not be expressed in this software.

Cons

It is difficult to finalize the invoices, and occasionally, the software will have issues selecting which client to finalize an invoice for.

Jessie F.
Industry: Legal Services

Enjoy the ease of this software

Reviewed on 27/6/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really like the option of adding/creating multiple cases under one client without having to duplicate the client. I also like the Add Expense option, which allows you to specfically categorize what your expense is (i.e. mileage, copies, filing fee, etc)

Cons

I wish they would create an app for it for cell phones. I have a habit of forgetting to enter time that I need to enter whenever I am out of the office (i.e. phone calls with clients on the weekend or in the evenings).

Industry: Law Practice

Our experience overall has been great!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Pros

User friendly; easy to navigate; search options; can create templates; options of what each user can view, edit, etc.

Cons

Batch billing when editing pre-bills; can't search for words; would like to be able to edit a time entry, save and then move to next time entry instead of going back to the entire prebill.