Bill4Time

Cloud-based time billing software

4.7 /5 (135 reviews) Write a Review!

Tama T.

The perfect fit

Reviewed on 11/1/2020

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Sherry C.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 6/8/2020

The folks who work in customer support are always ready to help. I'm not a computer wizard and they know how to help you without making you feel like a complete idiot !

Pros

Customer support is great. I usually have an answer very shortly after I send an inquiry.

Also, I used Timeslips for years and I love how much more flexible this program is.

Cons

I don't like that I HAVE to have a matter and a client. I would prefer to have a choice to only have a client.

Ashton C.

Bill4Time was the perfect solution for my company

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

When my business started up I was tracking time with a spreadsheet. Creating invoices became an all-day project. Now my bookkeeper can do batch invoices essentially with a touch of a button and the printer spits out 30 to 50 invoices each time we do billing. Tracking my client's projects is easy and I'm not missing any billable time. Incidentally, I can change any project to a flat fee rate with ease. Early on I needed a lot of help with the software and called the support staff who were very helpful and took the time to show me what I needed. Even now that I've been using the software for a few years the support people are easy to reach and are just as helpful. I feel that is so important to be able to reach an actual person who can help you.

Pros

My company has over 150 clients each of which has numerous projects. As my company grew it became more difficult to manage the growing number of clients and track the time spent on each project. Therefore billing my clients became a more difficult and time-consuming process. This product handles mass invoicing which allows me to invoice more often and also track receivables and payments. I especially like that when I have to call for support I actually reach a human who can help me.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about the product. Most issues can be resolved with a phone call to support.

Myron B.

Mac user

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Excellent.

Pros

Works with Mac. Easy to setup and use. Works well with remote timekeepers. Never had an error or problem with this billing software after 5+ years. Great customer service to answer questions about features.

Cons

Nothing. Works great. No problems to report.

Christine W.

Great Billing System and Great Value

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

Pros

B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner.
Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance for whatever need I had. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic and is such a pleasure to deal with. She's assisted me on numerous occasions and I can't say enough about her.
Something else that I love about B4T is their support desk phones are answered within 2 or 3 rings by actual human beings. I'm never placed on hold by robo-operators as so often occurs with other companies (both professionally and personally).

Cons

I don't have any cons worth expressing.

Shana B.

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Ann M.

Well worth the money

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

Works great and easy to use and train people to use.

Pros

Easy to use and train new personal on. It is also easy to find reports you need.

Cons

There is nothing about the system I do not like.

Leslie B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Was stuck in a rut depending on a billing clerk .. now capture time anywhere all the time!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Control over my time and eases the "task" of invoicing clients for work produced for them.

What's not to like ... converting from Timeslips to Bill4Time literally saved my practice and my homelife!! No more stress to get monthly invoices out. A single one-off invoice can be produced in minutes to submit to escrow for a closing or other special needs. Just a terrific tool for a firm like mine.

Pros

Ease of use is key. Works across all platforms, desktop, iPad, iPhone from anywhere anytime. Helps me gauge my productivity on a daily basis throughout the month. Doesn't take specialized training to use like Timeslips did. Not dependent on a staff member to enter time from time sheets gives me more flexibility and CAPTURES more of the time spent on tasks.

Cassandra J.

Fantastic Customer Support

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

We're a small business that relies on dependable and trusted partners. The main reason we have been with Bill4Time for more than 5 years is its superior customer service. We are always able to get answers when we need them.

Pros

The Bill4Time Customer Support Team is fantastic. Within seconds I always get an answer to my questions. I love the chat feature and all of the representatives are incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

Some of the reporting features could be improved.

Jake H.

Customer Support Is Fantastic

Reviewed on 20/4/2017

I've used Bill4Time for more than 5 years, and they have continually worked to adapt and add additional features. It is a very good product.

Pros

Bill4Time is very intuitive, and the customer support staff are responsive and very easy to work with. Bill4Time provides a very functional platform that allows busy professionals to have the tools they need at their fingertips wherever they are.

Cons

Bill4Time is great at tracking time and providing reports for the time and invoices, but it is not a full scale CRM. That has not been a problem for my firm, as that was not the purpose.

Virginia B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Experience using with Tax/Accounting firm

Reviewed on 4/1/2020

I have been working with Bill4Time for a number of years and the overall experience has been very good.

Pros

ease and flexibility of use, able to record time in arrears or make changes; able to write extensive description of work performed

Cons

Would prefer a report that is more customizable for columns to be displayed. Reports being printed are too limited in presentation. I use the detail report as support detail to accompany a company billing.

Linda T.

Satisfied User

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

This software provides our firm with everything needed. When there is an issue on how to accomplish out of the ordinary day-to-day use, the support staff responds quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Bill4Time is easy to navigate from opening new clients and projects, entering time and billing clients monthly.

Cons

At this time, there are no cons for this software.

Steven T.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Easy, intuitive, powerful

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Easy billing, work tracking, expense tracking

Pros

Makes billing of time and expenses easy when dealing with clients. Easy to generate reports of time spent and expenses incurred.

Cons

Phone app sometimes does not work as seamlessly as wanted. Could use some more future forecasting to plan projects.

Jeff P.
  • Industry: Accounting

I have had two minor connectivity issues that were handled immediately.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

It's made our billable time much easier to manage.

Pros

It's very easy to use and train to use. The basic dashboard is very simplified making navigation quick and easy.

Cons

It's a little hard to see where your time might be off. If changes have to be made I think that could be a little easier to see.

Matt D.

Best Part of Billing

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

Excellent product, excellent support!

Pros

This software is so simple to use, enter time, generate and keep track of invoices.

Cons

Reports could be a little more intuitive. Probably the issue is with me not diving deep enough.

• Industry: Legal Services

Great experience with the product. Easy to use, excellent value.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Pros

Easy to use, allows me to easily keep track of small amounts of billable time without a hassle that ultimately defeats the purpose.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow for the creation of new client files from the phone. Also, the mobile app gets signed out when offline.

Carla C.

Great product!

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Pros

It was really easy to use. You don't need much time to understand the software.

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs as regards the timer function.

Nigel T.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great tool for enhancing productivity

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Helping us drive up profitability through analysis of "lost time" on projects has been invaluable

Pros

The mobile app feature is great for the team to input time spent on project activity, without getting in the way of their day job

Cons

We don't use the system to its fullest extent, but what we do use it for its actually really slick

Tony I.

Product works great, easy, intuitive. fair price. Great customer service

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Made my billing efficient and easy--at a very reasonable price.

Pros

It's intuitive, easy to use. Reports are simple to run. It has the capacity for unlimited clients and matters. The client statements are easily customizable, one-click into PDF for quick emailing. Accounting feature very helpful as well.

Jo ann H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to use and understand

Reviewed on 6/10/2017

Pros

Payment application is easy to follow
Invoicing is easy to follow
It is easy to edit client account information

Cons

Credit memos cannot be applied to open invoices.
There is no way to print statements for outstanding balances only. I have several clients with statements over 10 pages because the statement goes back to the beginning of time.

Nicole B.

Quick, simple, easy to use

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

Pros

I only use this software on the weekends at my friends garage and it is so easy to use it's almost amazing!

Cons

Nothing to not like: easy, user friendly, self explanatory and makes life a lot easier on me. Simple book work, simple invoices.

Response from Bill4Time

Thank you for your review Nicole!

Ellen W.

Disappointed

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Pros

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Cons

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Response from Bill4Time

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Cherry D.

Time and Money Saving Software

Reviewed on 14/1/2021

Easy set up. User-friendly. Cost efficient. Bill4Time enables a small company to have the organization, efficiency, and the professional look of a large company without the large cost. The cost fits in our budget.

Pros

We love the ability to have live billing numbers, the opportunity for look-back, and the ability to attach client expenses to the billing.

Cons

As of now, I'm not sure of anything that I would change.

Cynthia P.

Satisfaction

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

My overall experience with this software is the new features and changes to the software that helps me to be more efficient in my job. I enjoy the fact that I can print reports for different cost. I like having access to the support team at anytime I needed them. I am thankful for the availability of being able to communicate with the support team about any immediate issues or problems I may be having. I find it very helpful in having live chat and the tutorials available to access at any time I need them. No matter how big or how small my problems are they are very professional and knowledgeable. I like that I can print the transcript to keep for future use should I run into the same problem and forgot what I had done the first time. I like the fact that I can print a report halfway through the month that allows me to see where I am with my monthly billing and productivity and it allows me to print case history which is helpful when I have to prepare an Attorney Fee Affidavit. The new features for notes are so helpful here when a client calls I can open their case and put phone conversations and print the notes for the attorney. My job is all about paper trail. I had a professor in college who said it is not what you say but what you write.

Pros

Very user friendly software . When I first started with the firm a co-worker showed me how to maneuver in bill4Time. Then she set me on my own. If I found myself not sure about what I was doing I would either review the tutorial or contact bill4Time's support team either by phone or live chat. The support team has always been very helpful and knowledgeable in the software. There has not been one problem that has gone unresolved with the support team. They are very diligent with getting back with you if they have to research an issue or a problem I may be having.

Cons

I would not say I like any thing least about this software. I am looking forward to the ability to be able to track consult fees. I am looking forward to a new tab that has consultations which will allow you to put the client into the system and the amount of the consult fee. This would eliminate me having to keep track of two Conflict of interest list.

Owen G.

The good and bad of Bill4Time

Reviewed on 29/4/2020

Customer service is responsive, sort of. They will respond--but it is not always productive. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's stellar.

Pros

The best part of Bill4Time is that it is intuitive for users to enter time, and expenses. There is very little training.
Bill4TIme has/supports API's, which allow client and matter data to be fetched for use in other systems, like a practice management suite.
The integration with QuickBooks works well.
The iphone app is well done.

Cons

The pricing is a bit steep compared to TimeSolv, which offers the same as Bill4Time and more. If my firm had things to do over again, it would probably go with TimeSolv (and if B4T's prices continue to increase, we will make a move).
Another drawback is that B4T does not have single sign-on capability. I'm told they're working on it. Single-sign-on allows the program to authenticate using a firm's local credentials, like the credentials for users to login to their computer. So if a user is logged into their computer, they don't need to authenticate on B4T. NetDocuments has this capability and it is VERY nice.
The standard reports could be more of aimed at the reports that law firms would use. Like for instance, matter-specific invoice reports for use in legal fee applications (amazingly, it does not offer that report!)
Clients have found the invoices a bit confusing where they also contain trust account balances. There is some opportunity to customize them--to a point.