Procore

4.6/5

Elijah R
Elijah R
  • Industry: Program Development

Procore allows me to work more efficiently and lets me keep all data and projects in one place.

Reviewed on 5/11/2022

My overall experience has been extremely positive. I used to keep all my projects, reminders, and other data across different Microsoft platforms such as word and excel. Now that I use Procore I don't get overwhelmed when I am working on more than one project at once and that has helped me streamline my work efficiency.

Pros

The best part about Procore is that I can simply compartmentalize when I am working on multiple projects by keeping everything in one place and it's ease of use.

Cons

There are a few menial things that I've noticed take longer than they should such as changing your personal phone number or email. The price is also slightly high but for the quality you are getting with this software it makes sense.

Perfect
  • Industry: Automotive

Best software ever created

Reviewed on 9/3/2023

Financially we've improved as the system guides us towards making more efficient decisions and cut unnecessary costs and expenditure

Pros

Great software it is user friendly and allows me to catch up with my backlog in time, its fast its efficient , it is just perfect I love it.

Cons

At times the system has glitches either than that everything is great

SAP Ariba

Reasons for Choosing Procore

The system was too cumbersome

Reasons for Switching to Procore

A friend that referred to me really impressed me by detailing the usefulness of the product and I was sold.
Ryan

Had High Hopes for Procore - Don't believe the HYPE!!!

Reviewed on 29/4/2023

Procore has great marketing and has sold themselves as the Porsche of Construction PM Software. What you find out after you pay a ton of money is that they basically created a shell of a program, with many features that don't work or functions that you think should be common sense, but they don't have them. It seems they've set this software platform up for 3rd-Party developers to create apps to fix all of their issues. Oh, you want to do that? There's an app you can pay to make that happen..... Get ready for disappointment with Procore. I have 25 years of experience with many different programs and I sure feel dooped here.

Pros

Procores Drawing Management Tool is robust and a nice way to track changes on drawings, The 24-7 customer support is nice.

Cons

We primarily signed up for Procore for Project Management; Budget managment, change management, pay applications, RFI's and Timekeeping. One of our biggest frustrations with Procore is that we were upsold to use the timekeeping tool in hopes that we could bring our timecards into our Owner Pay Applictions (you think this would be easy since you're putting the data in Procore to begin with). That's not the case. When you want to input time/cost for your team in the pay app, you have to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet and import the data back into Procore. What's mind blowing is that they give you an Excel Template to import, but it doesn't work. You have to manually input time back into the program.

Reasons for Choosing Procore

We thought that Procore would be better than the previous products as they had some issues. We may go back to RedTeam.

RedTeam Flex

Reasons for Switching to Procore

We were convinced it did everything we wanted out of the box.

Ease of time Management

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

Pros

Saved alot of time with “paperwork “ being able to store info

Cons

Certain subjects would get mixed up with wording of materials

Vickie

Project History

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Tracking all drawing rev's; tracking all change events (whether resulting in an adjustment to budget or schedule or not).

Pros

Procore provides a complete project history, from start to finish, including all revisions to drawings, parties receiving information, etc. No project data is ever lost or discarded.

Cons

Do not have the ability to create a duplicate transmittal, would be extremely useful when submitting documentation.

SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Procore

Excellent customer support as well as training and continuing ed modules.
Nick

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We use Procore daily for all of our jobs. It is very easy to use on all platforms, from mobile to desktop, it's all very easy.

Pros

The greatest feature I think I have found yet is how easy it is to customize and set up how we as a company set up the jobs and features within the job.

Cons

Initially, the ability to customize certain inspections wasn't an option. That really created issues at first, but since our first implementation, there has been updates and upgrades to the entire platform that have already made a very user friendly product, even better.

Lori

Procore for Construction

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

While I have used it for many years, my client is new to it, so more to come....

Pros

I like that all data is in one place and easy to access. We can set up workflows to automate tasks. We can allow our clients limited access to thier project.

Cons

Software is pricey, although it does deliver. It would be nice to have it accessible to more smaller companies by reducing cost. Sometimes it can be a learning curve for new users depending on what tools they are using, however with the 10+++ support and great tutorials, most pick it up quickly.

Autodesk Construction Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Procore

Procore exists on one platform. Autodesk is comprised of several aquired companies many not yet on the same platform, so I was concerned that integration and access may be cumbersome.
Amy
Amy

Would Rather Not Have Been the Guniea Pig

Reviewed on 19/9/2023

We were previously integrated using Ryvit (now DataXchange) however, when we moved our projects under a different company in Vista and tried to resync/integrate, the process failed. We spent roughly 4 months trying to make our projects whole again. The likelihood of someone else running into the same issue is slim but my point is- make sure you look into all limitations and have contingency plans in place for if the integration is unsuccessful. It is only after having this disrupt our entire company that we learned some of these very critical nuances that can cause integration to fail. They have since added additional tools following the lessons learned with our company, but it was not pleasant being the guniea pig for troubleshooting.

Pros

We have a new Customer Success Manager who is far more engaged than previously. Fairly comprehensive

Cons

The integration process was a nightmare given the right individuals were not engaged in the conversation. Users do not know what they don't know- we need our software partners to help us understand limitations. Not FedRamp certifiedNot the best platform for projects with numerous areas

Jennifer
Jennifer

Better Than Most

Reviewed on 2/4/2024

Pros

Procore makes it very simple to track projects as the modules all 'talk' to each other. It is much more user-friendly than most I have used.

Cons

Not much, honestly. It is one of the best construction management programs I have used.

Claudia
Claudia

Procore is a must for large contractors

Reviewed on 10/4/2024

I started using Procore as a requirement to engage in construction management projects for my company. Having Procore is like speaking the same language with all the parties involved, which is incredibly useful for the construction sector.

Pros

I like how dynamic Procore is and how practical it is to manage projects. I really like how easy it is to change orders to an existing billing process. I really recommend it.

Cons

It's a bit expensive and people should receive training to use it properly. But those are minor inconveniences.

Jason

Great software if you are looking to improve your construction business and gain better...

Reviewed on 1/2/2022

Pros

Procore allows better insights into your projects. This enables you to deep dive into problem areas and quickly make decisions on how to correct. You can plan better across your entire organization, rather than looking at project by project issues.

Cons

It's quite expensive. If you are not getting the value out of the system you are paying for, you could mistakenly turn your back on it. Best bet is to figure out how to gain the biggest ROI out of Procore, even if that means hiring a Procore Certified Consultant to help.

Kyle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best available for Document and Project Management

Reviewed on 20/5/2022

Overall their customer support team has been great helping us in training and getting up to speed with implementation and helping with custom solutions tailored to our unique business needs.

Pros

Procore is arguable the top document and project management solution in the market. Great cross platform functionality and top customer service.

Cons

A lot to be desired in their bidding/estimating functionality, but they are active in releasing updates and improved functionality so I hope this gets better over time.

Fieldwire and Buildertrend

Reasons for Choosing Procore

We still use smartsheet for alot of our tracking functionality, but the budget, document management, and SAGE linking made this an easy trasition.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Procore

Overall ProCore offered a better single source resource for the way we were already structured.

I am a construction project manager for a multi-family construction general contractor.

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

It saves time, collects a ton of data into one place, and there are no limits on size.

Pros

I have used the software previously as a subcontractor and now working for a general contractor. Procore keeps all necessary construction documentation in one, easy to access place with no space restrictions. It can be utilized offline for those out of the way projects. Once the system is understood and practiced, it is quite useful. Sometimes my office is 500+ miles away from the jobsite. I can be on the phone with my superintendent, looking at the same documents while on the phone discussing the issue. Submittals and RFI can be turned around in a day (if all team members are paying attention and on board with Procore.) I can have owners included on the system with limited access to photos and reports. Everyone in our office uses Procore; project managers, coordinators, AP, AR, and directors. I remember how we used to do everything with hard copies and ship back and forth between team members. Procore speeds up the process and streamlines everything.
I also had to sit through depositions for a project that went wrong, 6 years after the project was completed. All of the evidence was either printed emails, or hard copies of daily reports, pictures, etc. I feel like I would have been better covered and better represented if I had all of my documents organized within the system and structure of Procore.

Cons

While Procore is a great system, it is a complicated system and takes some time and training to adopt and master. Like any other program, Procore can only be as good as the data and information uploaded. I find it most difficult to get architects and engineers on board initially. Once on board, most of them question why they were so reluctant, but it is almost always a process. Subcontractors are very similar, although many of our subcontractors still fax over using email.

Paul

Comprehensive Project Management System

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

I have worked in residential home construction, single & multifamily construction, multifamily affordable housing, mixed use, and commercial construction projects. I have worked on projects ranging from less than 1K to over 16M. Procore is outstanding for all but small single-family residential projects...I could make Procore work like a charm for this type of construction, but it would take some creativity.

Pros

• Daily Logs are easily completed and sent to the appropriate parties. This means they actually get done which means they are more accurate. Adding photos to the logs is very easy as well.
• Procore allows you to put links to photos on your drawing set. This is especially helpful when we send out bid packages...bidders can see more details and existing conditions for our commercial remodeling projects.
• If you need to send out a lot of requests for quotes, Procore makes it easy to keep track of everything through the Reports function. PM's can also drill down to see who has or has not opened the invitation...a real time saver!
• Procore has a submittal builder built in, so after you upload the spec book, you can click on the builder and it generates a list of possible submittals. You can modify the list to suit your need. This can save days on a large project.
• When you upload revised drawing pages, Procore allows you to overlay the pages and highlights the differences with the new set. This is very helpful even if you were aware of the coming changes. It also allows you the chance to note the changes for possible change orders.

Cons

• I'd like to see the ability to more with the mark-up tool. Features that are available on simple take-off software would be nice. Something as simple as being able to place a color-coded dot would be helpful.
• When adding people to the directory, it would be nice if when you forget to complete one of the required fields and hit SAVE...rather than delete everything because you forgot that one step...it'd be nice to just give you a message asking you to "please enter missing information".
• The way is now, seems rather punitive, but I'm sure they will change it.
• I'd like to see other types of scheduling options become compatible with Procore. I do use MS Project, but not everyone does. Project is rather pricey and would be another software product to learn.

Josh
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Program Overall; however, a few features and processes that need fixing

Reviewed on 9/12/2016

Procore overall is an excellent program. Their cloud-based platform works really well for compiling large amounts of data among many users. Store and share essentially unlimited job-site photos. Upload the project drawings and enable great team collaboration with their drawing editing tools; such as, linking RFIs to a section of the drawing, or highlighting a specific detail to ask the team about later. In project management software, the inclusion of a functional mobile app is crucial and Procore nails it fairly well. For our construction management use, we are pleased with the auto-reminder feature in-which the person responsible for approving RFIs, Submittals, ect.. will receive daily reminders to complete their over-due tasks. The tool is also highly advanced in setting specific permissions per user - maybe you don't want your subcontractor to view all of the project data - Procore makes this easy.

Pros

> Unlimited storage for your project photos, documents, drawings, etc...
> Easy to use, free mobile app (Android & iOS)
> Everything is archived and stored in an organized manner, it's like having your entire project in a cloud-based filing cabinet
> The project / company directory tool is really great and well organized, you can also easily download a contact's business card for upload into Microsoft Outlook
> The daily log tool is excellent for the superintendent to record all day-to-day activities on the job-site. A report can be produced looking at all daily logs throughout the project. A great asset to have in the occurrence of a dispute.

Cons

> The built-in scheduling tool is cumbersome and sub-par. It's better just to run project scheduling out of different software all-together (I.E. Microsoft Project or Primavera). However, Procore does allow for you to upload your MS Project or Primavera files, this is very handy.
> You cannot create sub-folders within the Photos tool. Just one folder per location / subject to store all of the photos in. We would find it useful to have sub folders, such as: Folder 1 = Pre-Construction Photos, Folder 2 = Building A, Folder 3 = Unit 101 ... ect...
> Once an RFI is created and sent, it cannot be edited. there are many instances in which we need to modify RFIs after they've been sent, sometimes the client even requests it from us.
> It'd be great if the Photos tool on the mobile app allowed for users to take pictures using the cell phone's volume buttons

Obada

Multi-tasking platform that includes everything related to contracting projects

Reviewed on 21/1/2022

The Procore system used by our organization is the basis for integration between all departments and all projects. Where he worked to make engineers of all disciplines, subcontractors and sellers on the same page thanks to this method of communication, which enabled us to follow up everything related to the projects that we are working on supervising and allowed us to complete them within the specified budget and according to the required quality and safety standards.

Pros

Procore is an inspiring, multi-tasking platform that includes everything related to contracting projects. Procore enables you to have everything in one place, such as invoices, contracts, material requests, and drawings. Procore is cloud-based and compatible with smartphones, tablets, and computers. You can perform a variety of import operations from a wide range of applications, which prevents repeating the entry operations more than once, and enables companies to follow all their projects through Procore, which reduces the movement of work teams between them. One of the great things about Procore is managing the bidding process, as it makes it easy to keep things in order and in control. I also like the reports that are released by Procore, as they are neat and comprehensive and cover all aspects of the project.

Cons

After completing the training and knowing the correct use of all the tools in Procore, there will be no complicated or dislike matters, as you will find it very easy to use.

Skyler

Powerful tool in the palm of your hand

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

The most powerful parts of the software are accessible on the mobile apps. Using mobile apps to populate Daily Logs as you go and access critical documents or make redlines is a huge time saver for the Field Staff. Where before they would take hand notes and spend time (sometimes hours) at the end or start of each shift, inputting the info collected from the previous shift; now they do that work as they go with little to no disruption to the flow of their day. Gaining back this lost time provides a better work-life balance for Field Staff and more accurate and timely reporting for Project Teams to rely on.

Pros

Features of other mobile construction management software all rolled into one. Replaces Timberline, BlueBeam, Doc-u-Sign, excel spreadsheets, and file sharing services like box... but if you like the features of some of those programs, it also links to them with modules. So now your document control between cloud based services like Egnyte and ProCore's document folders can be linked so that documents appear and are accessible/editable, from both platforms and double duty of making two systems match is eliminated.

Cons

I honestly can't find a con with this program... sometimes the level of access you have to make changes that require admin level access are not accessible on the mobile app versions of the software. I wish I could add to drop down lists on the fly without having to go to the web-based version of the software.

Chaya

Procore for Mid-Size General Contractors

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

The project management tools do allow for strong collaboration on issues and to have a lot of the pieces of a construction project in one place. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Pros

Strong Project Management capability including Contact Management per job, Submittal & RFIs workflows and approvals with ease of communication on mobile devises. Also, syncing with Microsoft Project schedules is a time-saver, and allows views for updated project schedules in calendars. On a customer support level, I did find the live chat very helpful as well as all the Procore tutorials on the various features. I also greatly valued how documents could be uploaded and the system would recognize the drawing page references and label accordingly when saving.

Cons

Insufficient as a sole source for accounting services, and does not support information transfers in/out of QuickBooks desktop versions (even with support of Procore connectors). Therefore, accounting team needs to duplicate efforts and manually update prime contracts. Additionally, the accounting module does not really communicate with the project management module so challenged to know as a team what stage project is in, and no easy way to get budget forecasts. Also, navigation around the program was not very logical and user-friendly for many staff members. Lastly, when we experienced a big hurdle with the accounting features, it took months to speak to a support representative who could talk through the issues. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Benjamin

Great for field work but needs improvement for construction accounting

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Overall very happy but for the price there are many improvements that can be made. I would consider different alternatives if this isn't your only option

Pros

Great tool for field staff. The capabilities are seemingly endless. We can share real-live data with teams working on site that helps us make smart business decisions. Numerous architects, owners and subs also use which makes process seamless

Cons

The accounting side can use much improvement. There's not much flexibility and as jobs become more complexed so does the Accounting. I have found there are many issues trying to integrate with other systems. Having a third party integrator, Ryvit, is a disadvantage, as ProCore needs to get them involved for most issues which delays the process by day(s)

Scott

Efficient, Thorough, Feature-rich software

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Pros

I like the auditable features that allow companies to ensure they are protected. The continual refinement of existing tools and development of new tools is unparalleled. The customer support and service is excellent. The mobile apps are efficient, intuitive and easy to learn for people that may not be computer savvy. The addition of Procore sync is awesome and makes working exclusively in Procore easy and second nature.

Cons

I don't like that some of the tools aren't as feature-rich as others. It is almost like they have been left on the back burner. The reporting tool needs updates to allow users to pull from the whole spectrum of information that exists in Procore. Some of the tools are cumbersome to work in, but I know they are constantly trying to improve the user experience and software functionality. The inability to determine how Procore emails display in a recipients inbox is detrimental to working with government clients. The need to be able to send emails as plain text emails is critical as government employees are not able to receive HTML emails. This requires us to do more work that and take unnecessary steps in order to work with that client. It also means our company cannot work solely within Procore we have to leave the program after exporting whatever we are working on to then send to the client.

Mike

Perfect Platform for Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

This has been a great way to keep all project stakeholders up to date with the latest documents, ensuring that there are no gaps in communication. With communication being key in construction, Procore makes day-to-day communication with the team so much simpler.

Pros

I love the ease of uploading documents in the drawings and specifications modules. The software is very intuitive and OCR works great in automatically recognizing page numbers, titles, spec CSI codes, where to insert breaks between spec sections, etc. I could go on and on in the ways that Procore has made construction document management easier!

Cons

Would like specification "areas", similar to drawing areas.

Waleed
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Construction Project management made easy with this interactive method.

Reviewed on 30/3/2022

Procore We could efficiently manage the project contract, maintain all contracts organized and easily accessible, and generate reports as a team. Procore, we use it to manage project documentation, invoicing, and reports. It also improved teamwork.

Pros

Procore is a construction project management software that spans the planning to delivery phases. The start interface is clean, has all the tools I need, and the tabs make switching between functions simple. I loved the neat and detailed reports we could create. The training can be customised to your team's needs. Permits, material requests, and modification orders can all be handled by one system. Procore Database makes things simple. All contract documentation was easily available. Status reports show who has reacted, when, and who is still waiting.

Cons

Procore is simple to use, however it depends on the team to accomplish the desired results. They perform as expected, are simple to use, and learn for all project specialties, and I had no technical issues. Tracking jobs and delays are simple, allowing us to schedule all project operations more efficiently. With this knowledge, you can focus on resolving issues and guiding your team.

Matt

The most comprehensive construction management software!!

Reviewed on 9/2/2017

Procore provides the most comprehensive construction management software for use on the Jobsite. Their software allows Project Managers, Superintendents, Foreman, Safety, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Engineers, Owners and other support staff to work together for the common goal of providing a project well organized and documented. Information flows easily through the system to all appropriate individuals and allows all involved access to any information they need at any time from any location. This software is very robust and is still improving every day.

Support is one of Procore's best assets. It doesn't matter if you are a new user seeking an answer to a basic question or an advanced user looking a something very technical or needing added features the live chat and all other avenues of support are quick and knowledgeable to handle any issue.

In my opinion, Procore is the gold standard of construction software and should be on the top any contractors list looking for a new document and project management system.

Pros

The software as a whole is a very strong asset. I would also have to list their support, innovation, attention to detail, proactive stance on finding new solutions to old problems.

Josh

Everything you need for your project, all in one place

Reviewed on 24/3/2017

Procore is great, it has improved our company's operation.

Procore is great, it has improved our company's operation.

Pros

I love being able to add anyone to the directory and they immediately have access to the whole project. It makes it a very smooth transition for anyone joining in the middle of a project. Being able to edit drawings and show all current revisions is very convenient. Inspections tab is also very useful tool for me, as well as the ability to track daily activities, even timecard information. Also nice to have mobile capabilities.

Cons

I'm not sure this is a con, but it would be nice to have some sort of integration capability with QuickBooks. Sometimes it feels as though doing double the work taking information from QB and entering into Procore, and the other way around. Also, I would like the ability to add new users to a project from the mobile app. I often get requests for access while in the field and have to just make note and enter when I am back at my desk, which is often some long amount of time later.

alex

Tailored for a certain type of business

Reviewed on 11/4/2017

Procore has helped us solve one of the fundamental problems we were experiencing. Multiple users using multiple softwares and files to track project level data, with no company wide consistency. Procore has helped us get all our project managers on the same platform using the same tools to manage day to day construction.

Pros

Accelerated learning curve. Great support structure and staff. Solid base of tools to get the day to day stuff done. I'm a big fan for what it has done for us so far.

Cons

Lack of an open platform like salesforce. Makes the development of custom tools difficult and very time consuming waiting for procore staff to create custom fit solutions. the platform as it stands now is not geared to multifamily projects with multiple buyer interactions, leaving us with cumbersome work arounds. Tools promised years ago still not delivered(such as adding change orders to specific cost codes versus a CO line item at the bottom of a G703), really hinders our full implementation.