SurePayroll

Small Business Payroll Software

4.0/5

Very easy to use and takes care of everything

Reviewed on 3/10/2018

I've had a great experience with SurePayroll. It is easy to handle paying my employees and making sure taxes are covered too.

Pros

Setting up SurePayroll was easy (a rep guided me through it) and now it takes care of everything for me. I go and manually input my hourly employees time in every two weeks, but otherwise the entire process is pretty automated.

Cons

No cons - I haven't had any issues with SurePayroll!

Priscilla

Exactly what I needed in a payroll service

Reviewed on 25/3/2020

Great customer service, ease of use, simple navigation and customer service is always available. With me being a small business owner the monthly fees are great and within range.

Pros

Time clock feature is simple and easy to use and navigate. I really like the geolocation feature. It allows me to give the employees the ability to clock in using their cell phones while providing the location of the actual punch.

Cons

I have not experienced any dislikes thus far

Procare Solutions

Reasons for Switching to SurePayroll

Fees and options that I have within my control without needing customer support

Response from SurePayroll

Priscilla, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Sean

Surepayroll DEVASTATED my business. DO NOT USE if you care about compliance

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

We are trying to navigate the remote working situation as many business are I imagine. It is a grey area which state to tax employees in as the company is based in California and some of our workers decided to reside in other states. One employee decided to stay in New York, so we decided to amend his returns to reflect his NYC residence, seemed like the right thing to do. Surepayroll charged a large fee for this amendment. I then received a $27,000 fine from New York for not having workers comp insurance. Now the NY website says teachers don't need workers comp, which makes sense as our tutors teach on their computer in the bedroom and have no chance of injury. However as an out of state business it turns out they require it for all employees. Surepayroll gave NO guidance on compliance whatsoever. Once I received the fine they did NOTHING to help me resolve it, other than send an insurance salesperson my way. All decent payroll firms help with compliance, switch to Gusto they force you to be in compliance before you set up an account. This fine is forcing us to close our doors in New York. The entire reason I pay a payroll service is to help navigate situations like this. Using this service is probably the worst business decision I've ever made. I now owe $27,000 to NY which I absolutely don't have and don't expect to have anytime soon. This has been devastating. Surepayroll made it clear that they could care less about resolving the issue.

Pros

Somewhat easy to use, though the website is really cheap looking.

Cons

They do not assist with state compliance at all.

Response from SurePayroll

Sean, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected] or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Jael
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great option for your business!

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Overall SurePayroll was easy to set up, is easy to manage, and is a great solution for our current business needs. However when coordinating with our worker's compensation plan, there has been some disconnect, but I'm sure this will end up getting resolved.

Pros

The dashboard provides the best look into the current status of your ongoing payroll.

Cons

While the layout is user friendly, it should be easier to view options for handling situations outside the normal payroll cycle.

Response from SurePayroll

Jael, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll.

Christine
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy and Efficient Payroll for small businesses

Reviewed on 14/3/2020

Excellent and Easy to use!

Pros

It's very easy to use and I can run payroll in about 15 minutes. Always accurate and have never had any technical problems. Customer service is always available.

Cons

The security feature is annoying that I can't text anymore, I always have to be called with a password and I have not had the time to get it fixed after office hours.

Reasons for Switching to SurePayroll

Less expensive and recommendation from a friend

Response from SurePayroll

Christine, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Michele

Kudos to SurePayroll

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

When I created my PLLC, I needed to find a payroll program/company to handle my payroll. My financial planner recommended SurePayroll and ADP. SurePayroll beat ADP on all levels...sales, pricing and customer support. So glad I chose SurePayroll as I appreciate the easy access to support; everyone knows their product and has answered my questions quickly and clearly.

Pros

I found the software easy to use and the support is exceptional.

Cons

I can't think of anything that has been a problem.

ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to SurePayroll

As I mentioned previously, SurePayroll won me over quickly. My sales rep explained the services and continued to support me until I was up and running. Then your customer support folks took over -- always there to help me when I've lost my way! Pricing was very attractive too!!!

Response from SurePayroll

Michele, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Shari
  • Industry: Restaurants

The Pink House review

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Very good. Able to get customer service easily

Pros

Very user friendly, less expensive, easy customer service

Cons

I don’t like being charged to cancel a payroll immediately after it is submitted.

Response from SurePayroll

Shari, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Luke
  • Industry: Insurance

Fast and Easy

Reviewed on 27/3/2020

Very happy with SurePayroll. Would definitely and have recommended to others.

Pros

I like my SurePayroll account because my payroll takes about 2 minutes 2x per month. Fast, easy, and accurate. Not having a long process when doing payroll is a huge benefit.

Cons

Have not experienced any negatives with SurePayroll

Response from SurePayroll

Luke, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review and for the recommendations.

LaVergne
  • Industry: Accounting

You wanted feedback so here it is

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Overall, I like SurePayroll but I'm not as big a fan as I once was and not sure the people that do the setup are as knowledgeable as other PR sales staff are.

Pros

For a small business without many benefits to manage, it is a good choice and a cost effective one.

Cons

All things are not intuitive or easily explained. I've worked with Paychex (your mothership) and ADP for many years, the latter being my least favorite, Paychex being the best. But some of your changes are clunky and if you aren't used to the software you may go down the wrong road only to have all the info deleted. Example, you enter payroll and then realize you need to change something (client sends last minute email with a change) and instead of being able to 'save' and make those changes, which in my mind should be able to just update in the payroll info, you lose all your input. That doesn't make sense to me.

I think users would have more success if the sales person OR a training person, for new users, had a short session that would go through some of these processes. ALSO, not all customer service people are made the same. For the most part, the people I have talked to have been helpful, but it's been a 50/50 experience. One woman I wanted to hang up on her because she did not have a good attitude.

The other problem I had was when a new client was set up. An employee was missed even though the 941's & DE9C's were forwarded - my client was charged for adding that missing employee and when I asked on several occasions, HOW DID YOU BALANCE (which you couldn't have since you would use the 4 qtrs of reports) I never got an answer. I asked that the charge for corrections be shared and the fee was cut in half. In my mind this was an error on your side.

Response from SurePayroll

LaVergne, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Christie

ADP is so worth the $$ in comparison to sitting on hold for 1+ hours EVERYTIME you need help

Reviewed on 22/3/2022

I LOVED this company when I started with them years ago. Over the last 2 years their service has gone in the toilet. Literally just about EVERY time I have contacted them for the last 2 years I have had to sit on hold for over an hour. I am typing this review while I sit on hold (for an hour and a half according to what I was just told will be my addl hold time) because I was supposed to have access to my reports in my account that I closed through april 1 of this year. My accountant can not access, I can not access (I would think this is illegal???) and now I wait. THANK GOD I have left this group, for the extra money I am paying ADP I will SAVE so much on time lost.

Pros

It was great until 2020. Software was fine, it is the service that is horrible.

Cons

See the overall experience. Service is the worst.

William
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent and Easy to Use Payroll System

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

SurePayroll has simplified our payroll management and we intend to continue using it indefinitely.

Pros

SurePayroll is simple to set up and easy to use on a recurring basis. we have had no problems with it at all.

Cons

There is nothing to not like that we have found.

Reasons for Switching to SurePayroll

Simpler to set up and use - better customer service and more responsive to us.

Response from SurePayroll

William, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Ashish

Better of the worse - No customer service

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

I was with Gusto for one month, and came right back because as the title of my review is "Worse of the worsts."

Pros

SurePayroll has been around for a long time. I used to run payroll for my company with over thirty employee, back in 2004. The portal had always been user friendly and full of features I needed like multi-state filing etc. Now, I use the portal to conduct payroll for just myself.

Cons

SurePayroll has been charging me $55 per month for payroll. Their website (SurePayroll.com/pricing) clearly states $29.99 per month + $5 per employee. Since I use QuickBooks integration, that is additional $4.99, which should bring my bill to $40 per month. I have been unable to get this issue corrected. The support emails go to this black hole with no tracking, as there is no Inbox built into the portal. They try to resolve issues by calling you back at their schedule, which may not be convenient to you. Calling them back and finding a human to talk to, is almost impossible during the tax season. Most issues like mine can be simply resolved over an email exchange.

Support used to be great during the original [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] time. Since PayChex took it over, the support has gone down the tube. I won't be surprised if PayChex's end game is to merge the product with PayChex Flex. The company address still says Glenview IL, however, the letters sent to this address are being forwarded to PayChex's corporate office in Rochester NY. Don't expect a reply from there. There is a guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at SurePayroll, who always responds to a negative review. I even sent him an email to ask the correct corporate address. He never responded.

Response from Paychex

Ashish, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected] or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

David
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy, Peasy with SurePayroll

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

My experience has been great, and when I've needed customer service they have been helpful. However, recently I had to get Cust. Ser to fix something regarding payment of a tax that is no longer a valid tax in the state. I believe that I sent whatever notification I received about our payroll taxes to them. I was not aware of this, but our CPA pointed it out while they were doing the monthly books. I think that Sure Payroll screwed up and they gladly said they would do what was needed to get the money refunded. They FAILED to tell me that that service would cost $200.00. My refund was only $126.00. I would have skipped it... or done the refiling myself. All of a sudden I see a $200 deduction from our checking account from them. I called and was told why and offered no explanation as to why I wasn't told. I'm sure it's in the terms and stuff... but I really think this misfiling was their fault. Anyway, that is my major complaint.

Pros

Set up was extremely easy. Sure Payroll did every thing for me, practically. Using the software every other week is simple and when I want to add something, it is relatively easy to do. I highly recommend it and it is a very good value.

Cons

Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints.

Response from SurePayroll

David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Anna

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

Pros

I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

Cons

In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.

Stephen

Used for Nanny

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Their customer service is great. Whenever I have had a problem (whether it be a self inflicted one or a error on their end), the staff has been great and very helpful!

Pros

The phone application for processing payroll is very easy to use and is a great tool for people on the go.

Cons

The website is difficult to use as it has a lot more uses and tools than I probably need for the limited payroll I have to perform.

Gusto, Paychex Flex and PayPal Zettle

Response from SurePayroll

Stephen, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Laura
  • Industry: Fine Art

Highly Recommend Sure Payroll

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Had a great experience. If all I needed was to run payroll I would still be there.

Pros

We used Surepayroll for many years and only left recently in an effort to centralize our HR processes. I actually miss their extremely competent customer service people. If you are looking for payroll services, look no further.

Cons

One of the things that was annoying was not being able to run an off cycle payroll without spending a fortune. We have multiple locations and cutting a check for an advance or missed payroll is a huge hassle and pain. I would prefer a monthly fee and to be able to use the platform as needed.

Response from SurePayroll

Laura, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Dick
  • Industry: Food Production

Great way to do payroll

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Simplicity is great. Quick and easy to do.

Pros

We were able to implement the Sure payroll system into our existing bookkeeping with very little effort. A little confusing at first. Mostly because our old system was well entrenched in our thought processes. Follow up and assistance has been wonderful.

Cons

Start up was a little confusing at first. Good people are there to guide us through.

Response from SurePayroll

Dick, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

janet
  • Industry: Insurance

girlgolden

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

I used Surepay for several years. I thought I could turn my payroll over to a CPA. This got to be labor intensive for me, as well as costing a lot. So, I came back to Surepay. But, Surepay's Customer Service seems to have gone a little "South.!"

Pros

CPA's are expensive. I am saving a little money by doing my own Team's Payroll.

Cons

I don't really know how to use all that the software features.

Response from SurePayroll

Janet, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Pat
  • Used for 1+ year

Sure Payroll for my small business has been a good move.

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Pros

I like the ease of use & reliability of knowing my payroll will be taken care of without question...as long as I do my part and input the hours worked by my employees in a timely manner. In setting up the payroll, I was given some advice that has made the payroll process easier than before...don't know why my CPA, who was previously doing my payroll, didn't know these simple changes. I also like that my cost is less with Sure Payroll.

Cons

I truly haven't run in to any problems. I've been satisfied with customer service, when I've had questions.

Response from SurePayroll

Pat, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Loraine

A Sure Thing

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Pros

SurePayroll is easy to set up, east to use, and easy to maintain. It makes the task of completing payroll so much easier! The fact that SurePayroll handles all state and federal taxes and generates end of year documents helps me sleep well at night! I've already recommended SurePayroll to other business owners and they've loved it!

Cons

The two-step verification can be a hassle at times because it doesn't remember the device, as it should, but it's a small nuisance in comparison to the time SurePayroll saves otherwise.

Response from SurePayroll

Loraine, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words and the recommendations.

Merlin

Great Product

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Pros

This is the easier and best payroll software I have used. It is also a great value.

Cons

Nothing. This a great product. There is no downside

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Wells Fargo sucks

Best Option

Response from SurePayroll

Merlin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Linda
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best Small Business Payroll Service

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

Does what it needs to do: calculates payroll and pays required taxes on our behalf.

Pros

Easy to use, secure, great value for service. Customer service is always available and accommodating.

Cons

Even when signing on with same device it almost always requires validation by sending a login code to phone or email. This is a nuisance.

Response from SurePayroll

Linda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Tim

Fine software but price keeps going up

Reviewed on 14/3/2020

Pros

Software works fine, and they added an auto-run feature

Cons

The price keeps going up. Started at $39.99/month, now paying $66.93. There has been no communication from the company - they just keep raising the price, knowing that switching is a huge pain.

Response from SurePayroll

Tim, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Juliet
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy to Use and not too expensive

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Overall, I've enjoyed using SurePayroll. I've referred two friends!

Pros

Once you get up and running, it takes less than five minutes to run your payroll. It's pretty easy to use and easy to get reports and other documents. It cost less than other services so that helps too!

Cons

At the beginning, it was challenging to do things like change my payroll schedule. Customer service was very helpful and responsive.

Response from SurePayroll

Juliet, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words and for the referrals.

LUZ
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

payroll save me a lot time is very easy

Pros

Easy to work and costumer service most of time get help

Cons

Time are not integrated in the system have to be a separated program

Response from SurePayroll

Luz, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.