SurePayroll

George N.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

SurePayroll Review

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

I have realized that payroll can be far cheaper than I initially thought without going with a company who has no backing from a larger institution. Other than this, Paychex acquainted me with most aspects of payroll prior to signing up.

Pros

I liked the price point for my sole proprietor small business without losing the connection to Paychex. It was far less expensive than SurePayroll while being in the SurePayroll family. The customer support and user experience were both excellent and made it easy to handle payroll. They also assisted with compliance needs which was expert and helpful

Cons

First there is a bug in the software for remembering a specific computer re: two factor authentication. However, the larger issue is the inability for PayChex to get on board with recommending or at least not badmouthing the product. I was approached numerous times to try and poach me back from SurePayroll and I was told SurePayroll would not be a solution that would help me when I closed my account with Paychex. That was truly disheartening but didnt stop my move due to the price point. That said, I felt that I had my money stolen from me by Paychex for not routing me to SurePayroll as SurePayroll covered my needs far more appropriately than Paychex.

Response from SurePayroll

George, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We are sorry that you had to jump through those unnecessary hoops. Thanks again for your kind words.

Lisa B.

Payroll Software

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

I love the fact that if someone loses their W2 for taxes or needs copies of their W2s or paystubs it's literally at their fingertips. There's no waiting to hear back from an accountant. As long as you have your user name and password, you're good to go.

Pros

I like the fact that everything is done online and there's really no need for phone communication unless there's a problem. I get it done fast, and all tax info is right at my fingertips and there's no waiting for your accountant to get back to you on that information.

Cons

I honestly feel that there is no improvement needed. I know no one is perfect, but this company truly knows what they are doing. Their software is so easy to use and very convenient. This can be done anywhere!

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to SurePayroll

The price was right and I felt like there was more available at my fingertips than what they offered. I would rather put in my information and not have to deal with a company verbally every time something needs to be done.

Response from SurePayroll

Lisa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Donna V.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Sno

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

I was with Sure Payroll for about 4 years and then switched banks so I went with their payroll system. It was a nightmare. Hard to enter employee information, hard to enter weekly hours and reports were really hard to navigate. So I went back to SurePayroll even though it costs me quite a bit more because they aren't my banks associate. The setup at SurePayroll is smooth. It's easy to understand everything on the website. No questions on how to enter anything or pull reports. Whoever designed this website did a great job. I do and have recommended SurePayroll to several of my business associates.

Pros

Entering the employee information and the weekly entering of the hours. It is user friendly in every way.

Cons

I know you want a con, but I honestly don't have one. I haven't run into an issue yet that has been a problem.

Response from SurePayroll

Donna, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Leslie T.

Best Payroll Company Around

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

I have used other payroll services and can say honestly SurePayroll is the best I've ever used. They have an easy system and their customer service is the best I've ever worked with.

Pros

It's easy to use once you are set up. Customer service is always quick to help and ALWAYS friendly. I can always easily find any reports I may need easily and it is so user friendly.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any issues with the software. I only had some issues when getting signed up.

Response from SurePayroll

Leslie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Jennifer C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Easy to Use and Great Client Support

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

I've been extremely happy with SurePayroll. Taxes are easily done for me and my accountant has also been pleased.

Pros

I love that I can pick up the phone and be walked through the process. Instead of doing it for me, they teach me the "how to's" Always so professional and helpful

Cons

There really aren't any cons I have experienced in the short time I've been a customer. It's been too easy, so far.

Response from SurePayroll

Jennifer, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Peter M.

Great customer support!

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Overall I would say that I am very satisfied with my experience with the service SurePayroll provides. The monthly fee is a little high for a very small business. I would suggest they drop the rates a little for business with under 3-5 employees.

Pros

We utilize SurePayroll to help with all the technical aspects of making sure our business is up to date with all the various payroll taxes associated with our state and federal requirements. Being a first time small business owner I was concerned if I was meeting all the various tax payment requirements and SurePayroll now allows me to focus on running the business day to day without being worried if I've missed any of the various payments required with running payroll. I love the peace of mind knowing that SurePayroll has me covered if anything does get overlooked, too.

Cons

The fact that I need to validate my computer ever single time I access the website even though I check the box that states: "remember this device" when I sign-in to the website.

Response from SurePayroll

Peter, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Anna D.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

Pros

I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

Cons

In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.

Laura H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Dependable Payroll Service

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

We have used Sure Payroll for over three years and as a whole we have been very happy with them. For hourly employees and basic salaried employees they are awesome. Unique issues such as clergy is not as smooth.

Pros

The entry for payroll is easy to use. The default payroll that they have recently instituted makes things extremely easy. Customer service is very efficient and they answer quickly. If they promise to call back about an issue they always follow up and make sure everything is taken care of.

Cons

As a church we have a number of clergy with unique payroll needs and at times it has been difficult to make the needs of the clergy work with the system. I wish the system was a little more flexible. Also, when we first selected this company we selected them because the advertised that they specialize in clergy payroll and I would say I have educated them more than they have helped me.

Jill L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy, and lets me focus on my business

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

SurePayroll is so user friendly. I am able to focus on the business and expanding that while SurePayroll files and pays my taxes and takes care of my employees

Pros

I like the ease of use. I really don't have to worry about anything being incorrect

Cons

Nothing. Everything is very simple for me to pay my employees

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to SurePayroll

QuickBooks is not easy to use. I am always having problems with the log in, not to mention my employees were waiting for their pay and it was too expensive

Response from SurePayroll

Jill, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Tammie C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Sure Payroll Review

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

I recommend it to my clients with a small number of employees.

Pros

The software is user friendly and a good value for the money. Tax filings are done promptly and reports are available for download. Payroll is charged monthly, and not per pay period.

Cons

Manual checks cause the payroll schedule to be off, and it has to be rebuilt. Not hard to do, but it shouldn't happen.

Response from SurePayroll

Tammie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review and for the recommendations.

Linda P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best Small Business Payroll Service

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

Does what it needs to do: calculates payroll and pays required taxes on our behalf.

Pros

Easy to use, secure, great value for service. Customer service is always available and accommodating.

Cons

Even when signing on with same device it almost always requires validation by sending a login code to phone or email. This is a nuisance.

Response from SurePayroll

Linda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Nancy S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 1-5 months

Comments from a new user

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

The customer service had been truly outstanding. From the sales person to everyone else I have dealt with. They are all knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

The ability to download reports into Excel. The flexibility of the pay periods. The watchfulness of your processors. Someone actually called me because they saw what they thought was a duplication and indeed it was. That is amazing!!

Cons

There could be more helpful information in several places. One example, when you are setting up a new employee in California, it would be helpful to have a note when you go to select status that says "You must use New Hire if you want us to send a form DE 34 to California". I know that may be obvious to you but when I was setting it up, all of our "new" employees have been with us for a long time but as independent contractors so I did not think of the as a new hire.

I also think that you should not have to pay the $5 monthly fee if an employee is inactive. Instead you have to terminate them which makes no sense.

Response from SurePayroll

Nancy, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Juliet V.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy to Use and not too expensive

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Overall, I've enjoyed using SurePayroll. I've referred two friends!

Pros

Once you get up and running, it takes less than five minutes to run your payroll. It's pretty easy to use and easy to get reports and other documents. It cost less than other services so that helps too!

Cons

At the beginning, it was challenging to do things like change my payroll schedule. Customer service was very helpful and responsive.

Response from SurePayroll

Juliet, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words and for the referrals.

Carrie B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Could be better...

Reviewed on 13/1/2017

Overall not a bad value for the money as it's super inexpensive, but the customer support is super lacking. We ended up with a pretty big issue and support was non-responsive. Without their being an issue, the system is easy to use and good views and reporting for both employer and employees.

Pros

Ease of use, cost, reporting

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great For Small Business

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

So far, my experience is limited with only 2 months of use but so far, once you work out all the bugs, it is great for small businesses with only a few employees.

Pros

I like how easy it was for us to switch from our current payroll provider to SurePayroll. A few reports pulled, answer a few questions, and everything was imported for us. I like how I can easily pull reports and see graphs in Surepayroll

Cons

The time for setup was pretty slow. The support team is hit and miss - sometimes you will get someone quickly other times you have to wait for awhile. Sometime when you call in you get someone you can easily understand that is very knowledgeable and can help you right away, other times you get someone you can't understand, that doesn't understand you and leaves you frustrated and still having issues.

Response from Paychex

Amanda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Adam W.

Easy to Use

Excellent

Pros

This software is easy to use. As a one person small business I do not need complex, I need easy and Sure Payroll is it.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like.

Response from SurePayroll

Adam, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Aviva W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Not good for household employers

Reviewed on 14/3/2020

Frustrating

Pros

App is easy to use for basic stuff. The rest you have to log on for.

Cons

Only parts of it are intuitive. Not built well for household employees

Response from SurePayroll

Aviva, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected] or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Daria A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Would recommend

great experience overall

Pros

Easy and quick to use, website is generally self explanatory

Cons

Cannot access the website in some other countries, some functions specific to my state laws are not possible

Response from SurePayroll

Daria, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Tamera I.

Easy for Business owners

Reviewed on 22/3/2020

Perfect even when i get frustrated they help me

Pros

You just plug in the hours and everything happens upon approval

Cons

Hard to use inbetween payroll times - EXTRA checks or corrections are not forgiving

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to SurePayroll

Affordable and one stop processing

Response from SurePayroll

Tamera, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

William C.

Excellent value

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Pros

I don’t have to worry about anything. The monthly fee assured me everything gets filed on time.

Cons

The lead time from when I submit a question or a paper. Last time the response was 3 weeks

Paycom

Price and customer experience

Response from SurePayroll

William, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Will R.

Customer service is terrible

Reviewed on 17/1/2020

Evidently, I encountered my problems during their "busy" season. When I asked when that was, I was told October, November, December, January.

I am a small business. Exactly who their platform is targeting. I will admit, I am new at payroll, and I messed up. I own that. My problem is that it is assumed that you know how to set everything up. Going forward, when I set up my payroll service with someone else, I will know what to avoid. When I called to get help, my hold times were terrible. I called multiple times trying to get stuff figured out, and it was the same every time. I literally can't afford to sit on hold for someone to tell me that I am going to have wait for up to 24 hours to be called back to fix my problem. I am an outside contractor. My office is at best my pickup truck. Usually the job stops or extremely slows down when I am not there. I can't do payroll service stuff while I am on a jobsite. So I waited in my home office as long as I could, and then I got my wife to wait for me. They never called me back. I ended up calling back a few days later, and was told that I needed to fill out a different document before we could go forward. No body ever attempted to reach me. I am still waiting to see how much they are going to bill me for the corrections. Judging by what they have told me, their ridiculous fee schedule is about to hit me next. I would have been better off paying another service a little more to be taken better care of.

Pros

I think once it is setup correctly, it probably functions well. It was really inexpensive for what it does. I have one employee plus me, and it seemed like an affordable option for payroll services.

Cons

Terrible customer service. Really tough to get in touch with customer care. I sat on hold forever every time I called trying to fix my mistake when I first setup my information.

David W.

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Pros

Payroll is super quick and easy. No hassle and very little time needed.

Cons

Setup took a while but that would be inherent to any payroll software so no real complaints. The person who helped set everything up was amazing.

Response from SurePayroll

David, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Linda S.
  • Industry: Market Research

Fast & easy

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

This frees me up so I can focus on what I do best. It gives me more time with customers and less time following payroll tax rules and filing forms.

Pros

Everything is clearly labeled. You can go in and quickly get it done knowing they will keep you in full compliance.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to more easily make changes to the default payroll.

Response from SurePayroll

Linda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Sarah N.

Love It!

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Pros

Love how easy it is to navigate and how quickly customer service reps get my questions answered.

Cons

None that I can think of. I am overall pleased with Surepayroll.

Response from SurePayroll

Sarah, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. Thanks again for your kind words.

Gervase N.

SurePayroll for Sure

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Customer service and the sales team are always eager to help with any questions that I have.

Pros

The software is easy to use even for people who are not computer savvy. I particularly like the fact that they handle all the taxes which gives me ample time to tend to my company's needs. I also like the security feature to access my account.

Cons

Other than a couple of Fridays where I had to hold for upwards of 8 minutes to talk to someone in customer service, I have not had any complaints.

Response from SurePayroll

Gervase, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.