SurePayroll

Small Business Payroll Software

4.3 /5 (208 reviews) Write a Review!

Pete P.

SurePayroll - accurate, timely, easy to use

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Pros

Love that we are able to provide every employee with their own log in access to view history, print copies of checks and W-2's. Frees up a lot of time by allowing them to perform this critical task.

Cons

Nothing negative too report. We have not experienced any problems with accuracy of data, and their security is excellent.

Wendy C.

Best payroll service at an affordable price

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

We have a very small dental office (5 employees) and I run the whole business aspect, so I needed a simple, easy to use solution for payroll. We had used ADP and Paychex for years and it worked. But when I moved to Surepayroll just to save money I didn't realize how easy payroll really could be. I love their online interface. Doing payroll takes me no time at all. The W2 reporting has been excellent as well.

Pros

It is very user friendly. I seldom if ever need any technical assistance, but when I have it was easy and the person helping me was extremely knowledgeable.

Cons

My employees have complained that accessing their account online has been difficult. We find that it doesn't work well on a smartphone and it must be accessed via a desktop or laptop computer. This needs to be addressed because many of my employees no longer have a computer at home. They rely soley on their phone or tablet for their computer needs.

Response from SurePayroll

Wendy, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. Thanks again for your kind words.

Michael J.

Save Your Time, Energy and Money and find something else!

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

I signed up with RM, who is a nice guy btw. I wanted to get set up with their payroll system and also use a time keeping product. I explained what I was looking for in a time keeping product and they referred me to their time keeping system because it could do things like have 3rd party managers approve time. I was told that by the rep, manager and then discovered a week later that I couldn't do it by their implementation team. Ok, I get it, they were wrong. I understand. They referred me to a list of their partners of about 12-15 or so. So I go through that whole list (which takes time btw) and pick one. I'm like "yay!" got one... finally fixed. Then a week later, it is discovered that they actually aren't a time keeping partner even though they referred me to them. And this was already after I spent $1k on setting up with that "partner". So, then I'm like whatever, you guys are clueless, let me think of a solution here. They offer me a free month of service for my troubles. Sweet. At this point, I just want to be able to pay people. I could go on in more detail but have to be brief because I'm running out of space, so here are my highlights...I set up payroll and guess what? like most of their software architecture it didn't work, the people didn't get paid. They were like, where's my paycheck? Same day I called Intuit Payroll and they took care of everything in one hour and got people paid! what a shit show from SurePayroll. Should be called ShitPayroll or unSurePayroll.

Pros

At first it was easy to use. But that only lasted a day. Everything on the back end of their software is crap. Bad connections. Different teams don't communicate to each other. It's a sad case. They should either try to fix it or give up in the industry. I definitely do not recommend them.

Cons

Whoever runs this company needs to re-examine EVERYTHING. From your front line reps, to your managers, to your operations, to you Customer Service Team to your engineers or IT staff that develop and maintain your SaaS product. I don't know how a company like Paychex can by SurePayroll and not make it better than what it is. People are nice but pretty much clueless and not helpful.

Response from SurePayroll

Michael, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected] or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Thank you.

Melinda K.

SurePayroll - Best Option for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

SurePayroll is amazing for my small business. It enables us to focus on the work we do, not the administrative task of doing payroll. We do not have an HR dedicated person so being efficient is #1 priority.

Pros

This software has enabled us to free of so much time. We used to do payroll manually and it would take 4-6 hrs. Now, we get it done in a matter of minutes. That alone makes it worth the money!

Cons

Overall, I don't have many cons. There was a bit of a roughness in the beginning but it has all been smooth sailing since.

Response from SurePayroll

Melinda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

• Industry: Insurance

Excellent product - insanely easy to use - however be cautious when you initiate the initial...

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

All-in-all I strongly recommend utilizing Sure Payroll, but until they fix their onboarding integrity issues, I would recommend only starting at the end of a quarter or at year end - but overall I am super happy I made the switch even with the implementation mistakes. Their product and customer service is exceptional.

Pros

This software is inherently easy to use and understand. The monthly fee's are very low. The customer service is exceptional. Once you get it set-up properly it works seamlessly and flawlessly.

Cons

Here is the caveat - if it isn't set up correctly by the person (your sales person) at initiation you will have a huge headache accessing numbers from your prior system and adding them to the new Sure Payroll software - thereby creating unnecessary headaches and hassle for you. My sales person dropped the ball twice on taking my mid-year numbers from my legacy software and inputting it at initiation into Sure Payroll. At the end of the day, Sure Payroll stepped up and fixed their mistake, but it caused me stress straightening it out with them. To alleviate this in the future, all they need to do is form an Onboarding Team that can be a check and balance to ensure the sales team loads everything correctly - so the clients life isn't disrupted when their sales team drops the ball.

Until then, only transfer in at the precise end of a quarter or at year end.

Response from SurePayroll

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Lavergne P.
  • Industry: Accounting

You wanted feedback so here it is

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Overall, I like SurePayroll but I'm not as big a fan as I once was and not sure the people that do the setup are as knowledgeable as other PR sales staff are.

Pros

For a small business without many benefits to manage, it is a good choice and a cost effective one.

Cons

All things are not intuitive or easily explained. I've worked with Paychex (your mothership) and ADP for many years, the latter being my least favorite, Paychex being the best. But some of your changes are clunky and if you aren't used to the software you may go down the wrong road only to have all the info deleted. Example, you enter payroll and then realize you need to change something (client sends last minute email with a change) and instead of being able to 'save' and make those changes, which in my mind should be able to just update in the payroll info, you lose all your input. That doesn't make sense to me.

I think users would have more success if the sales person OR a training person, for new users, had a short session that would go through some of these processes. ALSO, not all customer service people are made the same. For the most part, the people I have talked to have been helpful, but it's been a 50/50 experience. One woman I wanted to hang up on her because she did not have a good attitude.

The other problem I had was when a new client was set up. An employee was missed even though the 941's & DE9C's were forwarded - my client was charged for adding that missing employee and when I asked on several occasions, HOW DID YOU BALANCE (which you couldn't have since you would use the 4 qtrs of reports) I never got an answer. I asked that the charge for corrections be shared and the fee was cut in half. In my mind this was an error on your side.

Response from SurePayroll

LaVergne, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Cherie F.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Definitely recommend SurePayroll

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Pros

We chose SurePayroll because we opened a second location in another state and the service we were using at that time could not handle multiple states. SurePayroll is easy to use, efficient, handles employees in multiple states, has great customer service, and is cost effective. It was also easy to set up when changing from another company. On those few occasions I had a question, SurePayroll was easy to contact and quickly resolved my questions. I've used both telephone support and live chat, and both were great. I would definitely recommend SurePayroll!

Cons

No cons. We've been using the software for almost 2 years, and have been very happy with both the software and the customer service.

Response from SurePayroll

Cherie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

David R.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy, Peasy with SurePayroll

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

My experience has been great, and when I've needed customer service they have been helpful. However, recently I had to get Cust. Ser to fix something regarding payment of a tax that is no longer a valid tax in the state. I believe that I sent whatever notification I received about our payroll taxes to them. I was not aware of this, but our CPA pointed it out while they were doing the monthly books. I think that Sure Payroll screwed up and they gladly said they would do what was needed to get the money refunded. They FAILED to tell me that that service would cost $200.00. My refund was only $126.00. I would have skipped it... or done the refiling myself. All of a sudden I see a $200 deduction from our checking account from them. I called and was told why and offered no explanation as to why I wasn't told. I'm sure it's in the terms and stuff... but I really think this misfiling was their fault. Anyway, that is my major complaint.

Pros

Set up was extremely easy. Sure Payroll did every thing for me, practically. Using the software every other week is simple and when I want to add something, it is relatively easy to do. I highly recommend it and it is a very good value.

Cons

Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints.

Response from SurePayroll

David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Priscilla T.

Exactly what I needed in a payroll service

Reviewed on 25/3/2020

Great customer service, ease of use, simple navigation and customer service is always available. With me being a small business owner the monthly fees are great and within range.

Pros

Time clock feature is simple and easy to use and navigate. I really like the geolocation feature. It allows me to give the employees the ability to clock in using their cell phones while providing the location of the actual punch.

Cons

I have not experienced any dislikes thus far

Response from SurePayroll

Priscilla, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Pam G.

SurePayroll advantages

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Since incorporating it in 2018, we are pleased with the overall performance. When we had tax issues, customer service went to bat for us and resolved even the small issues with their back up documentation, proven payments etc. That took a lot off of my desk and THAT is wonderful!

Pros

Its a basic, easy to use software for small office such as ours where everyone does everything. Customer Support has been awesome...even for the small questions.

Cons

To be honest, nothing comes to mind. I would say all aspects of the software that we use are fine.

Response from SurePayroll

Pam, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Laura B.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Highly Recommend Sure Payroll

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Had a great experience. If all I needed was to run payroll I would still be there.

Pros

We used Surepayroll for many years and only left recently in an effort to centralize our HR processes. I actually miss their extremely competent customer service people. If you are looking for payroll services, look no further.

Cons

One of the things that was annoying was not being able to run an off cycle payroll without spending a fortune. We have multiple locations and cutting a check for an advance or missed payroll is a huge hassle and pain. I would prefer a monthly fee and to be able to use the platform as needed.

Response from SurePayroll

Laura, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Stephan B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

SurePayroll review

Excellent

Pros

It is pretty simple to run weekly after getting the set up done. The set up has been easy with the staff and support available. Thank you!

Cons

Changing some salaries was more complicated than I think it should have been.

Response from SurePayroll

Stephan, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Gabe C.

great service, great pricing and always there to help.

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

My experience has been great! Everything is done the right way with ease and cheaper than paying my accountant for payroll. Using this service I have my time to concentrate on my business. To do payroll takes less than 2 minutes every week.

Pros

super easy!!! I go online every week and with a click of a button my payroll is done. Payroll check is sent to my personal account early every Friday morning. At the end of the year any tax doc such as a w-2 can ve easily found and printed out for my accountant.

Cons

I have yet to find any problems in over 2 years

Response from SurePayroll

Gabe, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

• Industry: Insurance

Easy to use and great value

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Pros

easy to use for the administrator and even the set up is very simple to complete. online clock integrations makes it easier to use.

Cons

none. overall it works great and no issues

Response from SurePayroll

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Devin Q.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Pros

The software has a lot of capability and is easy to use. On those items that I don't understand, the customer service support is always very helpful in getting me what I need.

Cons

I don't have a specific item. I suppose the learning curve to use the software could be lessened by tutorials or other resources so that I don't have to call customer support as much.

Response from SurePayroll

Devin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Merlin O.

Great Product

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Pros

This is the easier and best payroll software I have used. It is also a great value.

Cons

Nothing. This a great product. There is no downside

Response from SurePayroll

Merlin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Sherri E.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Business Review

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

It has been great they are able to always resolve my issues

Pros

It very easy to integrate into my business

Cons

There is nothing at the moment that I can think

Response from SurePayroll

Sherri, thanks for leaving us a positive review.

Robert L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Use for church

Helpfull for parttime volunteers

Pros

Easy to use once set up. Cheaper than quichbooks for small payroll

Cons

Not easy to set up forchurch, espically minister pay.

Response from SurePayroll

Robert, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Sondra F.

Comparable payroll platform and services for a fraction of the price

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

God customer service and easy to use platform and reporting

Pros

User friendly, employees can access there account on own

Cons

I have to het a code everytime i login to the account

Response from SurePayroll

Sondra, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Lou anne K.

Bedessem Caregivers

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

We have been very happy with SurePayroll to make the business side of home caregiving easier.
Thanks!

Pros

This has made payroll very easy for my four caregivers assisting my parents to be able to stay in their own home. (Father is 99 and Mother is 96).
Also, the bimonthly taxes are taken out as they get paid, thus making tax time easier.

Cons

Can't think of any. Really I cannot think of any.

Response from SurePayroll

Lou Anne, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Marjorie R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy and econimical solution

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

I have been very happy with SurePayroll. I don't have to worry about it. I just do the payroll and move on to more important items for my business.

Pros

Set up was very quick and seamless. I am able to adjust my payroll runs based on my business cycle. There were no additional costs.

Cons

Had difficulty with some state reporting. It was eventually fixed but took a couple of months.

Response from SurePayroll

Marjorie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Sam M.

Overall does a great job

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Overall I really like using the software and support is there when you need them for the most part.

Pros

It is very easy to set up and work with on a daily basis. They keep track of all the employees and vacation/sick time is easy to work with for each employee. They take care of figuring all the taxes for the employees and send that in to the IRS and State. At the end of the year all you do is print the W2's.

Cons

It is really hard to set up multiple or unique sick amounts and or vacation times. They are also very limiting on how many people can get in and use the site.

Hannah B.

Makes payroll simple and easy!

Reviewed on 12/1/2018

Pros

I love that the taxes are automatically taken out. I can log each employee and their hours to be assured everything will be calculated correctly. They give you many options to set up your account like number of employees and hours for each employee each week. You can also add break times and set funds to pay into insurance or other things.

Cons

Depending on company size the price can get a little high. The company is very flexible to work with. Customer service representivies have been very nice and a pleasure to speak to.

Richard M.
  • Industry: Farming

Easy program Great Value

Reviewed on 14/3/2020

For the money, it's pretty darn good

Pros

Very user friendly. I like that it's cloud based so multiple people can use it from where ever they are. Customer Service is great.

Cons

The constant loging in. Would like some different report features

Response from SurePayroll

Richard, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Tina F.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great software, exceptional customer service

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Overall it's a great system. Very easy to use and my sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was terrific. Very happy customer.

Pros

It's really easy to use once you get the set up right. They help a lot with this, and can help you fix mistakes.

Cons

Had a hard time getting the clergy pay set up initially, and when taxes were refunded they came for our account, not from surplus Sure Payroll was holding (will settle quarterly).

Response from SurePayroll

Tina, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.