ReferralCandy

Write a Review!
get more sales through word of mouth referrals

4.5/5

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Automated Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 8/11/2018

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

Pros

Referral Candy works. We use it as a part of our Shopify store, and we’ve had success with it. About 3% of our monthly sales are generated via Referral Candy. The interface is easy to use, and the constantly make improvements, month to month. We essentially set it up, and review it once every four months — we love how little administration we need to do.

Cons

We’ve seen other referral programs offer a “stage-based” referral incentive (eg if you refer 5 or 10 people you get a special Gift). I wish Referral Candy offered this. Additionally, there are automatic “share” buttons that are easy to include for customers associated with Facebook and Twitter. I wish they had the ability for us to program sharing via WhatsApp. Finally, it appears the price has increased for ge software, which is not ideal

Amanda
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for Free Trial

Customer Support is Great

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Pros

Being completely new to this type of software and having some difficulty setting it up, I was relieved to be able to have a virtual meeting with a real live person to hash out any roadblocks. Customer support was great!

Cons

I wish there was a direct integration with Moonclerk so that a coupon could be automatically applied to a checkout form via the ReferralCandy link. Additionally, it is disappointing that the advocates cannot have a credit automatically applied to their Moonclerk account, and that we have to manually send their rewards. Overall it provides less automation that I expected, and leaves a lot to be desired.

Tapfiliate

Reasons for Switching to ReferralCandy

Tapfiliate seemed to be more geared towards Affiliate Marketing -- for bloggers and influencers who would want to have a dashboard to log in to check on their rewards with multiple different companies. We are more interested in friends referring their friends, which ReferralCandy seemed perfect for.
Jason
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Specific review to address excellent customer service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Haven't started using it yet. But I think our loyal customers will help us spread the word about us and help grow our database.

Pros

The program is relatively easy to set up and get started.
However, don't rush make ourself know with the consequences of certain settings.

Cons

Although the software is relatively straightforward, I had many questions about reward setting and other areas of the software. Only once you get really deep into the software certain consequences become clear or start raising questions. I think the reward setting page could be more clear.
If you want I am willing to give you more detailed information and input.

I think it would help to add a calculation model feature that can be used to simulate what cost/benefit a certain reward will have. Ie. what does a reward cost and what is the benefit.
I made this in Excel now, and it was really useful.

I have had frequent contact with your customer service officer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Her help has been very friendly, fast and accurate. In my opinion she's doing a great job!

Nana

super servicce

Reviewed on 21/3/2024

I think it is good,now it is working -it took some time, but now the future will tell, if it make sense to use in my business.

Pros

It took me some time to set it up, as it didn't work well with my Klayvio integration. But now it is working an referral is made.

Cons

The service Jessa gave, to help me get it implemented.

Steven

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 6/3/2024

Pros

The customer support and the ability to generate more customers from existing customers

Cons

nothing everything is fine. All good, nothing

Alonzo
Alonzo
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

helpful and easy so far

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

quick and responsive chat, unlike Refersion which has had long lag times before replies.

Pros

For [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]: "You've been great and very helpful. I actually currently have an active trial going with Refersion, but it's been terribly frustrating, very unclear and complicated on the setup so that's why I jumped to Referralcandy. Still in the initial stages of setup and yet to be determined, but it's looking good for Referralcandy so far..."

Cons

it's still a bit complicated to set up, but simpler than refersion so far and the help chat people are very quick and responsive.

Camilo

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Pros

Good support and clear documentation as well as a good product.

Cons

There is nothing to add here since until now no things to dislike.

Shahid

Reviewed on 23/2/2024

Pros

The customer support has been amazing. [sensitive content hidden] from customer was very cooperative and supportive. She along with the engineering team helped us a lot setting up a very custom integration for Referral Candy. I am very very happy with the support they provided and would surely recommend Referral Candy to others.

Cons

Nothing specific. Referral Candy meets almost all our referral program needs. Just a small suggestion that if the API could be made more extensive.

Jamie
  • Industry: Design

Customer Service

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

As a brand new user, it's been good so far!

As a brand new user, it's been good so far!

Pros

I am just starting to use this app and had some questions. I love how quickly I get chat responses and most recently the assistance from [sensitive content hidden] was above and beyond. She helped answer all my questions and even edited a product photo for me so that it met the size requirements for the app.

Cons

As a brand new user, it's too early for me to say.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Machinery

Automated and Reliable

Reviewed on 9/1/2024

Would recommend to others looking to build a touch-free, reliable, and automated referral program.

Pros

With referral candy, I like that everything works automatically in the background with little work required after set up.

Cons

It was challenging to integrate Referral Candy with Klaviyo at first - it would be really great if a member from RC could onboard the program to our marktechstack for us.

Francesca

A software to grow your business thanks to your own customers

Reviewed on 16/2/2022

Pros

What I like the most about ReferralCandy is that it makes the business grow while making the customers happy, and their friends too! It let this happen through a handful of contents that are partially customizable, and all the rewards to the advocates and their friends are sent out automatically, asking no more effort than to choose which are the discounts that you want to give to the customers, and what are the rules that make the discounts applicable (for example the minimum order value).
Plus, the support team is very quick and helpful in answering doubts and questions and giving useful tips to make the most of this software! :)

Cons

I would say that the things I liked least about ReferralCandy are:
- that I am not able to deeply customize the contents through the HTML exposed
- that I am not able to understand how the contents performs singularly (for example how many links are shared from the post-purchase pop-up, or through the first email, the reminder email and so on)

Simon

Great Review App!

Reviewed on 30/6/2023

So far so good

So far so good

Pros

ReferralCandy is a simple to use and cost effective app to grow your ecommerce referrals.

Cons

The UI could be a bit cleaner and there could be more functionality for managers

Francesco

Friendly platform for great resuts

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

We have gained a significative piece of market and customers, with a minimum amount of effort and expenses, as the referral program can auto-sustain itself and grow thanks to the old word-spreading system

Pros

Managed to integrate RC with our CMS in few clicks, the platform is surely the most user friendly out there, all the info and actions are easily reachable and well organized in the backend.
It's super easy to track all referrals activity, validate purchases or invalidate fraudolent ones. The native connection with other marketing platforms and social is great for boosting the referral program and spread the word.

Cons

Maybe the templates translation section could be optimized to be lighter and the whole translation process is sometime redundant, but anyway you only need up to 10 min to translate all your templates.

Jessica

Best referral app for businesses!

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

Overall it's a great tool that helps increase conversions

Overall it's a great tool that helps increase conversions

Pros

This is the best tool yet to increase customer purchases. I love how it integrates with my website and the fact you can customize it.

Cons

Just minor glitches with referral codes not appearing but customer support was able to resolve the issue.

Jessica

Definitely Recommended

Reviewed on 4/4/2023

Pros

I like ReferralCandy as a customer referral program. It's very easy to use and they have FABULOUS customer service! [sensitive content hidden] went above and beyond for me and helped to provide valuable solutions for us. She was always really quick to reply and offered amazing customer service. Customer service goes such a long way as there are many apps that do not provide the same level of support. I'm really grateful for the team at ReferralCandy!

Cons

I would love to see the revenue generated split by first-time customers vs. returning customer transactions. We only offer payouts on first-time customers so seeing returning customer sales doesn't help us to see how well our campaign is performing.

Janine

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Pros

I needed am answer about something and I got the info I needed very quickly! [sensitive content hidden] was great and provided more info than I had requested which was helpful!

Cons

At times, we do find it difficult for our students to log in to track their referrals and we get a klot of customer service questions on our end about this.

Excellent Support & Flexible Applications to Boost Growth

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Outstanding - we use a large number of applications but they have hands down the most amazing team when it comes to stepping in and really solving problems, even going so far as to proactively adjust our usage of the platform to make sure we're getting the most out of it ^_^

Pros

By far the BEST thing about Referral Candy is how flexible the team is when it comes to how you want to use it. With programmes that allow us to flexibly manage high volume referrals while also offering something straightforward and simple for customers to get behind, we have been able to really drive home our messaging and get our community excited about spreading the word.

Cons

We have a bad habit of wanting applications (and teams!) we like to do more than they ever meant to - but an increased level of flexibility when it comes to offering incentives to advocates and their friends would be our top ask :)

Christophe
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

TOP - On of the best.

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Pros

VERY customer oriented
Easy to set-up
Professional and efficient

Cons

Sometimes companies who use it are not good at it.. bur fortunately the customer service is always efficient and fast!

anna
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Does what it's supposed to do

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Pros

I like that it runs the way our company set it up.

Cons

The costs are not very transparent to me. If I wanna know exactly where our money is going I have to click in all the details because the invoice doesn't display the costs detailed enough for me. that's annoying

Tina
  • Used for Free Trial

Using ReferralCandy as an affiliate program

Reviewed on 31/3/2020

In my business model, I am trying to create a win-win situation with my wholesale clients. They get a continual reward for referring their clients to my retail site. While I'm just in the early stages of trying out the program, so far the setup has been easy. We're keeping our fingers crossed for success.

Pros

I'm just in the free trial of this software, but so far it's been an easy set up. I'm a small business owner. I'm not a developer, but have some basic HTML skills. The site is reasonably easy for someone like me to set up as an affiliate. As a pure referral program, it would be no problem. The integration with MailChimp was simple and easy too. My support person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was *extremely* helpful in clarifying things for me.

Cons

There could be better explanation on how to use the site for affiliate purposes. Also, giving the admin the ability to batch remove customers would be preferred. They can be removed individually, but for a large number it's tedious. A simple thing, it would be nice if the chat box was a separate pop-up that can be viewed when navigating elsewhere on the site. There are some 404 issues with the site, like on the Help & Support link.

Manon
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great customer support!

Reviewed on 7/2/2023

Good, but still exploring all the functionalities.

Good, but still exploring all the functionalities.

Pros

I had an issue and [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful in a reasonable timeframe.

Cons

I've lost the historical activities of the customer I was looking for.

Erick

Code Fixes and Theme Management

Reviewed on 2/5/2023

Pros

The app's ease of implementation and the flexibility to customize and edit themes is extremely satisfying. Additionally, the customer and developer support have been exceptionally helpful.

Cons

It appears that tracking referrals may sometimes fail, possibly due to configuration issues or compatibility problems with our platform.

Christina

Customer Service Help - Cris

Reviewed on 20/4/2023

Very good.

Very good.

Pros

Transferring customers into our newsletter program to include all new sign ups.

Cons

Have not been able to easily transfer customers as of the last 2 weeks.

Sophie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very Helpful Software!

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

My experience so far has been very positive - and when I was struggling to figure something out, Jessa hopped on a zoom call with me to walk me through everything I needed!

Pros

I love that I can use this software to track referrals for my in-person appointment based business, where I still want to offer rewards to my clients. This takes away the stress of having to keep track of punch cards! ReferralCandy integrated very nicely with my website built on Squarespace, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helped me figure out how to integrate it specifically with my booking process!

Cons

I am a very tech-savvy person and always have an easy time figuring out new technology and software. I do think this was a little bit challenging to figure out how to integrate it at first - however it was because I was trying to implement it specifically for people who book appointments with me rather than a normal cart checkout. I think it would be seamless and effortless to figure out for a normal cart checkout!

Tess

Support

Reviewed on 15/3/2022

Pros

It is easy to use and the technical support is very friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

Sometimes the support is a little too responsive and send too many emails.