ReferralCandy Reviews

ReferralCandy

get more sales through word of mouth referrals

4.5/5

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Automated Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 8/11/2018

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

Pros

Referral Candy works. We use it as a part of our Shopify store, and we’ve had success with it. About 3% of our monthly sales are generated via Referral Candy. The interface is easy to use, and the constantly make improvements, month to month. We essentially set it up, and review it once every four months — we love how little administration we need to do.

Cons

We’ve seen other referral programs offer a “stage-based” referral incentive (eg if you refer 5 or 10 people you get a special Gift). I wish Referral Candy offered this. Additionally, there are automatic “share” buttons that are easy to include for customers associated with Facebook and Twitter. I wish they had the ability for us to program sharing via WhatsApp. Finally, it appears the price has increased for ge software, which is not ideal

Tyler

A Solid, Easy-to-use Referral System

Reviewed on 28/4/2023

Pros

ReferralCandy was extremely easy to implement and is very easy to manage day-to-day. The support is also great; I typically get all issues resolved very quickly. It is also affordable compared to other options.

Cons

I'd just like to see more features that allow us to customize the ReferralCandy experience. The best example would be a feature that would allow us to control when we send rewards to advocates. Some advocates complain that payouts only happen on a monthly basis. If we could control payouts and make them more frequent if we wanted to, like some other referral platforms allow, that would be excellent!

Jason
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Specific review to address excellent customer service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Haven't started using it yet. But I think our loyal customers will help us spread the word about us and help grow our database.

Pros

The program is relatively easy to set up and get started.
However, don't rush make ourself know with the consequences of certain settings.

Cons

Although the software is relatively straightforward, I had many questions about reward setting and other areas of the software. Only once you get really deep into the software certain consequences become clear or start raising questions. I think the reward setting page could be more clear.
If you want I am willing to give you more detailed information and input.

I think it would help to add a calculation model feature that can be used to simulate what cost/benefit a certain reward will have. Ie. what does a reward cost and what is the benefit.
I made this in Excel now, and it was really useful.

I have had frequent contact with your customer service officer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Her help has been very friendly, fast and accurate. In my opinion she's doing a great job!

Simon

Great Review App!

Reviewed on 30/6/2023

So far so good

So far so good

Pros

ReferralCandy is a simple to use and cost effective app to grow your ecommerce referrals.

Cons

The UI could be a bit cleaner and there could be more functionality for managers

Jessica

Definitely Recommended

Reviewed on 4/4/2023

Pros

I like ReferralCandy as a customer referral program. It's very easy to use and they have FABULOUS customer service! [sensitive content hidden] went above and beyond for me and helped to provide valuable solutions for us. She was always really quick to reply and offered amazing customer service. Customer service goes such a long way as there are many apps that do not provide the same level of support. I'm really grateful for the team at ReferralCandy!

Cons

I would love to see the revenue generated split by first-time customers vs. returning customer transactions. We only offer payouts on first-time customers so seeing returning customer sales doesn't help us to see how well our campaign is performing.

Camilo

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Pros

Good support and clear documentation as well as a good product.

Cons

There is nothing to add here since until now no things to dislike.

Anna
Anna
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great for Start Ups

Reviewed on 19/7/2021

Pros

ReferralCandy was great for our start up company because it was fairly "set it and forget it" in terms of ease of use. We were able to set up the referral link and any time someone purchased using the referral link we had an automated system set up to reward the referrer. It was a great way to promote brand interest among past customers who wanted to share our product and be rewarded!

Cons

The only con for our company was the scarcity with which ReferralCandy was utilized. I'm not sure if it had to do with lack of our company's promoting the opportunity or having to go through a third party, but we always saw more participation in using coupon codes than we did in using referral codes.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Proactive Customer Support

Reviewed on 8/5/2023

Pros

Referral Candy integrated easily into our Shopify store. It's easy to use, and the customer support is proactive and helpful. Shout out to [sensitive content hidden] who spotted an issue with our Referral Candy before we had noticed and reached out directly so that we could fix it.

Cons

When we first started there seemed to be some errors with issuing rewards, but customer support was able to assist quickly.

Mea
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Value

Reviewed on 3/7/2023

ReferralCandy has great customer support.

ReferralCandy has great customer support.

Pros

ReferralCandy has helped us save when it comes to having a referral program to serve our customers.

Cons

Given we have subscriptions, we had a big hiccup with the integration with Recharge that the ReferralCandy team helped resolve. It would have been great if that was already smooth before we launched.

Patrick
  • Industry: Design

The Best Referral program so far!

Reviewed on 7/6/2023

Overall, I like the system, it's user-friendly and the support is always there to resolved your concern.

Pros

I love how their customer support really helped me on time.

Cons

There are some features that might be more helpful for the client that is not currently present in the system like the Arabic language

senu
  • Industry: Accounting

Referral Candy Review

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

We used Referral Candy to track multiple referral campaigns and grow our brand

We used Referral Candy to track multiple referral campaigns and grow our brand

Pros

Referral Candy has plethora mind-blowing functionalities. When it comes to tracking of referrals, no other referral marketing tool is even close. It's one of our favorite tools that we have used to skyrocket our startup to 6 figures. It campaign setup is very simple as ABCD. It only takes few minutes

Cons

They need to do better with their customer support

Francesco

Friendly platform for great resuts

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

We have gained a significative piece of market and customers, with a minimum amount of effort and expenses, as the referral program can auto-sustain itself and grow thanks to the old word-spreading system

Pros

Managed to integrate RC with our CMS in few clicks, the platform is surely the most user friendly out there, all the info and actions are easily reachable and well organized in the backend.
It's super easy to track all referrals activity, validate purchases or invalidate fraudolent ones. The native connection with other marketing platforms and social is great for boosting the referral program and spread the word.

Cons

Maybe the templates translation section could be optimized to be lighter and the whole translation process is sometime redundant, but anyway you only need up to 10 min to translate all your templates.

Sol

Best and simple Referral program

Reviewed on 8/6/2022

best service ever, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best! always ready to help, He wouldn't take no for an answer until he find the solution

Pros

simple to use, great interface, great service, amazing custom look to match your brand

Cons

cant say since i like it all from service, creativity, and brings me back money

Madison

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Pros

They have wonderful customer support available to answer any questions I may have, which can be hard to find these days. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has provided top-notch customer support! She is kind, helpful, and always has a quick response time. I'm truly impressed :)

Cons

Not as sophisticated as other options, but great for the price point

kiril
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

very easy to use, our customers love it

Reviewed on 8/4/2021

great, customer service is top notch and solves anything that ever comes up which is usually never

Pros

ease of use, great customer service, affordable for a small business

Cons

nothing really, didn't dislike anything

Michel
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Flexible, easy to setup, great support

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

Pros

Setup was painless, it's quite flexible in how you implement the referral system and support has been sublime. Rep was great in helping setup the program and was very responsive the whole way through. The free trial is generous and has no restrictions, so you could test all you want before deciding to pay.

Cons

While setup was easy, it did take a while to verify before we could implement.

Smile.io and Viral Loops
Belinda

Overall review

Reviewed on 15/8/2020

Pros

This product is very easy to use, and integrate.

Cons

It charges commission except the cash rewards, which costs much more than other similar software.

Kelsey

Great software

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

We wanted to engage our customers and let them easily engage their friends. Referral marketing has been on our list for 2020 and with Referral Candy it's been really easy to do.

Pros

ReferralCandy was so easy and quick to set up, i think it was live on our site within a week. We've already seen great results and customers engaging. The dashboard easily displays results so i can report on it quickly, which is essential! Support is always so good, really easy with the online chat, i spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today and she resolved my issue and made some suggestions which were so helpful!

Cons

We've been using ReferralCandy for a few months now and i've not come across anything that doesn't work.

Yarra
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 28/8/2020

The benefits of ReferralCandy have been an easy to understand dashboard to track and reward referrers to our website.

Pros

Ease of use is what I like most about Referral Candy.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

Nathan

Good customer support

Reviewed on 27/2/2023

[sensitive content hidden] was very helpful and quick handling my support request

Pros

Easy to set up and start using(I'm adding this to surpass the minimum character requirements. You all shouldn't require so many items in a review. Take what you can get, leave everything optional. The minimum character limit is silly and made me want to stop submitting this application.)

Cons

Our business wanted to run multiple different campaigns with different branding, and slightly different rewards. We have to maintain multiple different accounts and manage which account we use with our custom web application in order to make this work. It would be better if we could house and use multiple different campaigns together in a single account.

Susana

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

Pros

Support is quick when needed. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
is awesome in getting my customers and I help.

Cons

We'd love more ways to identify fraud but all in all, we really love referral candy

Erin
  • Industry: Food Production

Easy option for customer referrals, but limited use otherwise.

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Generally positive, they seem to have updated their look and features.

Generally positive, they seem to have updated their look and features.

Pros

Generates codes for our customers based on referrals, incentivizes customers to share their experience with our product.

Cons

Doesn't enable us to see current rewards a customer might have (to my knowledge). Our customers don't also don't tend to engage with it often except for a few brand ambassadors.

Sophie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very Helpful Software!

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

My experience so far has been very positive - and when I was struggling to figure something out, Jessa hopped on a zoom call with me to walk me through everything I needed!

Pros

I love that I can use this software to track referrals for my in-person appointment based business, where I still want to offer rewards to my clients. This takes away the stress of having to keep track of punch cards! ReferralCandy integrated very nicely with my website built on Squarespace, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helped me figure out how to integrate it specifically with my booking process!

Cons

I am a very tech-savvy person and always have an easy time figuring out new technology and software. I do think this was a little bit challenging to figure out how to integrate it at first - however it was because I was trying to implement it specifically for people who book appointments with me rather than a normal cart checkout. I think it would be seamless and effortless to figure out for a normal cart checkout!

Joaquin
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reliable and easy to automate

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

Pros

It works by itself with almost no supervision. You can automate most of your referral program and let it works by you.

Cons

it is a bit tricky to solve advocates requests and to monitor what is wrong where the system does not work properly. Thank the support team you can handle these situations

Isobel

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was very helpful and contacted me with a number of ways to improve our referral programme.

Cons

The integration with Klaviyo isn't very smooth

Mention Me